Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Handling Rejections In Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Handling Rejections In Nollywood (248 Views)

Ozo Caught In A Bizzare Position With Nengi, Accused Of handling Her Boobs / Who Is The King Of Money Ritual In Nollywood? / Yul Edochie Speaks On “Sex For Roles” In Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Handling Rejections In Nollywood by VcStunner(m): 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
Believe me, when I say this, rejection is one of the tools the greatest of actors have used very effectively to their own advantage. Do I need to tell you about Dwayne Johnson? or Jason Statham?
How about Oprah Winfrey, Harrison Ford, and the world greatest director Steven Spielberg? Come down to Nollywood and the cases are the same! But before you take that cowardly step to quit, remember you owe us some good shows on the television and the world is waiting on you to beat through your numerous rejections and come take your shine. My job, however, is to show you the easiest way to deal with rejections, develop a thick skin and come through... follow me.

To effectively handle rejections in the entertainment industry, keep the following at the back of your mind:

1. They aren't rejecting you, they are rejecting your lack of credentials.
how to solve it:
in the corporate world, they call it "wrap shit of accomplishments". Go back to the drawing board, get a friend to assess your weaknesses and your strengths. Build on your strengths and work on your weaknesses. Take up unpaid jobs and gather as many experiences as you can get, offer to work as a Production Assistant, this position will expose you to many expectations of the director, DOP and even the producer from an artist. It will also teach you humility.

2. They don't have anything for you.
how to solve it:
first, you need to realize this isn't your fault, to begin with! you might have performed excellently well in your auditions but there is just no character in the story befitting of your person. Just move on to the next with lots of belief and positivity.

3. They do Have Something For You But You Don't Think You Deserve it. Self Doubt.
how to solve it:
here, this is totally your fault, how dare you look timid in front of me when am about to entrust part of my business in your hands! No, I won't do that. You must come out confident of your capability first before anyone can believe in you. Next time you stand in front of that judge, take a deep breath and focus on your character. Wait for the direction and smack it in their faces!
Let me give you a golden advice here... If anyone ever asks you if you can do anything and you know you can't, say yes you can... they will teach you how to do it. That's the spirit of every hustler. Never say Never.

4. They Don't Just Like You:
how to solve it:
Damn them all! yeah, you heard me. I will bet my ball pen you are even more professional than they are. Those situations don't call for self-pity. Don't be sorry for who you are, someone is out there waiting to beg you to feature in their project. All you need to do is keep being original, do you, and keep getting better at anything you do. You may have come across to them as a difficult person to work with, but as i said, it will take a professional to look beyond assumptions and get closer to find out about you.

Bottom line here is, rejections will keep coming, but sometimes all you may actually need is just one "Yes" to become the "hottest commodity". Be original, be humble and be grateful.
Source:
https://vhfilm..com/2019/02/ways-to-handle-rejection-in-nollywood.html

(1) (Reply)

The Movie Preacher / Genesis Cinemas Present "Cupid's Kisses" / Legends Assemble: Football Legends Turn Superheroes For Women's World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.