Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. (50196 Views)

Beware! Of This Fake Website For Changing Of Name In Nigeria. / Would You Run If This Fake Gun Was Pointed At You? (photo) / Please How Do I stop this stubborn Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 5:04pm On Feb 07, 2019
Can we just stop living fake lives? Who exactly are we trying to impress? Boys, why are you always snapping pictures beside a car that isn't yours? Girls, why are lying that you study in the UK? Who are you trying to impress? I understand that the pressure to succeed along with your mates is high in our society but you must always be reasonable and not follow the band wagon. Stop telling lies and start being real. If people look down on you and don't want to be your friend because you are not making it then they are not your friends indeed. They are not worth going out of your way to please. Your true friends are those who are always by your side and treat you nicely even if you are a nobody. People live fake lives trying to avoid shame, impress and get acceptance, approval and praise from people who don't care a damn about them. This is a pressure from society that only the childish in mind succumbs to. This has to stop.

Since life is full of ups and downs, we would, at one point in time, be tempted to live fake lives to please people and get their approval, avoid shame and get their praise and respect. Don't do it. Be matured and know that people's perspective about you does not define you or determine your worth so stop trying to belong or impress people that don't even give you a penny. If you are already living a fake life, try to start strategically coming out with the truth because the longer you live a fake life, the harder it is to come out with the truth. It would be disastrous and embarrassing when people finally find out. If you come out clean and that girl or boy you are eyeing doesn't want you, let the person go. If you come out clean and those group of friends start misbehaving and don't want you anymore, let them go. Everyone cannot be your friend and what they think no dey put food for your table. If your status, bio or whatever on social media says you study in UK while you are here in Nigeria, remove it. If your status, bio or whatever on social media says that you are working at Chevron while you are actually jobless, remove it. It's better to live it blank than tell lies. Use your discretion to come out clean or if you can't come out, don't say anything at all and don't lie any further.

If you have a friend that is living a fake, don't judge them instead show them that you are never going to leave his/her side and try to make him/her stop living a fake life. If they decide to come out clean, be by your friend's side and be his/her pillar while they face the shame. This is 2019, I hope boys and girls would stop living fake lives and start being real. Anyone, even if it is your childhood or close friend that you may have helped, that is rich and looking down on you should go to hell. Stop this habit.

Some would say "fake it until you make it," if you don't end up making it nko? If the success comes when you are 50 something nko? You think success is anyone's birthright? The universe doesn't give a damn about anyone. Please, nairaland boys and girls that are guilty of this, let this stop. grin

For the sake of humour and education, share your experience living a fake life and if you were caught, share it. No one is here to judge anyone. If someone other than you has been caught (either by you or others) living a fake life, share it. If you secretly know someone living a fake life and that person hasn't been exposed yet, share it. Just share. wink

This is front page worthy. Please do the needful.

When you see that girl who says she is studying Medicine in the UK selling pawpaw at Mushin.

213 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by sinaj(f): 5:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
Issorite
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by FruitCakes(f): 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2019
If you deceive yourself, it will be hard to get helpers. If you appear to be rich on social media, people will conclude you are rich

230 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2019
FruitCakes:
If you deceive yourself, it will be hard to get helpers. If you appear to be rich on social media, people will conclude you are rich
Very true, I concur.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by DanDeeBoss(m): 5:21pm On Feb 07, 2019
Stay real smileysmiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by luvyaself95(m): 5:30pm On Feb 07, 2019
That why i love myself i never fake for once Am always Real...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Nuulife: 5:31pm On Feb 07, 2019
I detest fake life ehh.

However, I do involve in professional packaging which can appear fake sometimes.
When it comes to my personal life, I live Bellow my standard.

If i meet new people, I would tell you that I am a student (meanwhile, I am a working class).
If I go on first date, I would hide my car and appear as a street.
These help me to know how people accepts me and then, I will naturally put off fake people as much as possible.

140 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2019
Nuulife:
I detest fake life ehh.

However, I do involve in professional packaging which can appear fake sometimes.

If i meet new people, I would tell you that I am a student (meanwhile, I am a working class).
These help me to know how people accepts me and then, I will naturally put off fake people as much as possible.
I understand you but those are not the fake lives I am talking about. Yours is okay.

23 Likes

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2019
Martinez39:
I understand you but those are not the fake lives I am talking about. Yours is okay.

And what makes his OK.... fake life is fake life.
#change

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2019
vikkimimi:

And what makes his OK.... fake life is fake life.
#change
He has a business for which he has to put up a brand and packaging. It is also okay to pretend so as to test people and know your true friends. Fake life to impress, belong and avoid shame is wrong.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 07, 2019
All thanks to social media... Introverts like us have nothing to worry about. We hardly take pictures sef.
Something happened in one of the places I've worked, we recruited this new guy (a graduate) as an office assistant. So on the day of resumption, I was showing him around the office and I also took him to the MD's office to intimate him with his duties (the MD wasn't around yet) but I had access to his office. So I quickly left to answer a call in my office, then I returned to the the MD's office not knowing what had happened.
That same evening, I saw on this guy's WhatsApp status, the pictures he took while I was briefly away. He went as far as taking one on the MD's seat. First day at the office fah!! He even captioned it..'When Grace finds you'. This was someone whose salary was barely 25k.

529 Likes 57 Shares

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Glorymax: 7:06pm On Feb 07, 2019
OP, you made your point but I doubt fellows displaying these characters will not take your advice. To them, they are living their lives and e no concern you.
These fake character display happens under my nose regularly.
You will see young boys and girls coming to pose and take pictures on a car parked in someone's residence, and by the building as well. There was one instance the owner was coming out to use his vehicle while some persons were taking different positions of photoshoot on his car - what a life are these young ones living these days.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 9:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
Glorymax:
OP, you made your point but I doubt fellows displaying these characters will not take your advice. To them, they are living their lives and e no concern you.
These fake character display happens under my nose regularly.
You will see young boys and girls coming to pose and take pictures on a car parked in someone's residence, and by the building as well. There was one instance the owner was coming out to use his vehicle while some persons were taking different positions of photoshoot on his car - what a life are these young ones living these days.
As in. When many are succumbing to this pressure to succeed, the rate of suicide increases.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2019
grin

A lot of people live fake lives. Abuja people are number 1.

Fake life is when you claim to be a BBQ seller and instead of you to be active on "Food section" you jump from thread to thread, especially in "Politics section". Are you not a BMC? tongue

237 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by sukerefakere(m): 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2019
Self deception can kill.

2 Likes

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by sage101: 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2019
They are just LIVING LA VIDA LOCA

9 Likes

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Yewandequeen(f): 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by wiseone28: 11:16pm On Feb 07, 2019
CHIEF JUSTICE OF NAIRALAND AND HIS JUSTICE SON

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by ekaette1621: 11:16pm On Feb 07, 2019
should I go and fry PETROL
APC till tomorrow.
Sai baba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by martineverest(m): 11:17pm On Feb 07, 2019
I stopped living fake lifestyle since beginning of 2018 when I realized that my self esteem was fading away uncontrollably and was living my life to please/impress others..the pressure of social media is the cause of this.

the first step in fighting fake lifestyle is by admitting it and then reduce Ur presence on social media

94 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by alaye123: 11:17pm On Feb 07, 2019
grin TO THE OP AND ALL THE PROPONENTS ON THIS TOPICS grin grin grin grin

My psyche tells OP of this thread is suffering from chronic jealousy or low self esteem. Nobody has the right or moral justification to tell people how to live life. As far as they are not breaking the laws of the land. There is no crime prescribed as FAKE LIFE. Humans are distinct and varies with different character. So you cant expect people not to show off or look presentable on a picture that is public. Do you expect people to put on worn out dress or a slum background just to prove they aint got money yet.

Some people are rich yet they hardly show off publicly while others galivant every where on cyber space. Same as the average or broke guys. Live your life and dont force others to agree on your school of thought.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by saintvc(m): 11:17pm On Feb 07, 2019
Buhari,stop deceiving us with fake agreement with Aasu. Strike continues after election

4 Likes

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Dronedude(m): 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2019
Chai I Just faked reading this post.

3 Likes

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by macho44(m): 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2019
Nuulife:
I detest fake life ehh.

Strictly On #CODE.
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Alejob: 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2019
Dem no dey hear

1 Like

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by IrokoOluwere: 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
grin

A lot of people live fake lives. Abuja people are number 1.

Fake life is when you claim to be a BBQ seller and instead of you to be active on "Food section" you jump from thread to thread, especially Politics section. Are you not a BMC?
Says someone that claims to be overseas. But scream “back to Daura” on Nairaland everyday .
I didn’t know there’s now a polling unit online.
Sugomu

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by sandra50(f): 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2019
Martinez39:
Can we just stop living fake lives? Who exactly are we trying to impress? Boys, why are you always snapping pictures beside a car that isn't yours? Girls, why are lying that you study in the UK? Who are you trying to impress? I understand that the pressure to succeed along with your mates is high in our society but you must always be reasonable and not follow the band wagon. Stop telling lies and start being real. If people look down on you and don't want to be your friend because you are not making it then they are not your friends indeed. They are not worth going out of your way to please. Your true friends are those who are always by your side and treat you nicely even if you are a nobody. People live fake lives trying to avoid shame, impress and get acceptance, approval and praise from people who don't care a damn about them. This is a pressure from society that only the childish in mind succumbs to. This has to stop.

Since life is full of ups and downs, we would, at one point in time, be tempted to live fake lives to please people and get their approval, avoid shame and get their praise and respect. Don't do it. Be matured and know that people's perspective about you does not define you or determine your worth so stop trying to belong or impress people that don't even give you a penny. If you are already living a fake life, try to start strategically coming out with the truth because the longer you live a fake life, the harder it is to come out with the truth. It would be disastrous and embarrassing when people finally find out. If you come out clean and that girl or boy you are eyeing doesn't want you, let the person go. If you come out clean and those group of friends start misbehaving and don't want you anymore, let them go. Everyone cannot be your friend and what they think no dey put food for your table. If your status, bio or whatever on social media says you study in UK while you are here in Nigeria, remove it. If your status, bio or whatever on social media says that you are working at Chevron while you are actually jobless, remove it. It's better to live it blank than tell lies. Use your discretion to come out clean or if you can't come out, don't say anything at all and don't lie any further.

If you have a friend that is living a fake, don't judge them instead show them that you are never going to leave his/her side and try to make him/her stop living a fake life. If they decide to come out clean, be by your friend's side and be his/her pillar while they face the shame. This is 2019, I hope boys and girls would stop living fake lives and start being real. Anyone, even if it is your childhood or close friend that you may have helped, that is rich and looking down on you should go to hell. Stop this habit.

Some would say "fake it until you make it," if you don't end up making it nko? If the success comes when you are 50 something nko? You think success is anyone's birthright? The universe doesn't give a damn about anyone. Please, nairaland boys and girls that are guilty of this, let this stop. grin

For the sake of humour and education, share your experience living a fake life and if you were caught, share it. No one is here to judge anyone. If someone other than you has been caught (either by you or others) living a fake life, share it. If you secretly know someone living a fake life and that person hasn't been exposed yet, share it. Just share. wink

This is front page worthy. Please do the needful.

When you see that girl who says she is studying Medicine in the UK selling pawpaw at Mushin.

I can't relate..I'm not familiar with these things and I don't see the reason why I should tell unnecessary lies.

1 Like

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Etsyl: 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2019
ceeroh:
All thanks to social media... Introverts like us have nothing to worry about. We hardly take pictures sef.
Something happened in one of the places I've worked, we recruited this new guy (a graduate) as an office assistant. So on the day of resumption, I was showing him around the office and I also took him to the MD's office to intimate him with his duties (the MD wasn't around yet) but I had access to his office. So I quickly left to answer a call in my office, then I returned to the the MD's office not knowing what had happened.
That same evening, I saw on this guy's WhatsApp status, the pictures he took while I was briefly away. He went as far as taking one on the MD's seat. First day at the office fah!! He even captioned it..'When Grace finds you'. This was someone whose salary was barely 25k.
Did you guys fire him? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by netsurfer01(m): 11:19pm On Feb 07, 2019
ekaette1621:
should I go and fry PETROL
APC till tomorrow.
Sai baba

Chai

How stupid some Buhari supporters can be sad

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Iamjudeprecious: 11:20pm On Feb 07, 2019
Ok
grin
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Ogaga87(m): 11:20pm On Feb 07, 2019
Spokesman for anti fake life has spoken..

Please STOP fake life today

SNIPPER is real because PRIDE comes before a fall

3 Likes

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Etsyl: 11:20pm On Feb 07, 2019
A friend of mine took a picture of her ass, posted as her IG dp just to gain followers.....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

An Overloaded Motocycle (photos) / See The Snake And Rodent I Killed Today! / Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.