Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. (50192 Views)

Beware! Of This Fake Website For Changing Of Name In Nigeria. / Would You Run If This Fake Gun Was Pointed At You? (photo) / Please How Do I stop this stubborn Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Gforce2019: 7:27am On Feb 08, 2019
netsurfer01:

Chai

How stupid some Buhari supporters can be sad

Is either you vote for buhari or else.. your sperms go disappear from your scotrum.. .

....so buhari or your sperm?

1 Like

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by GloShare(m): 7:27am On Feb 08, 2019
One time my former classmates saw me trekking on the road and brushed me off. Only if they knew I had 7m in my pocket. Another day we met at a party and I made sure to drop them all at home with my car.

I have an 8 digit account balance but I hardly ever try to impress. I actually visit the bank with slippers and most times I walk because I get bored driving.

People see me and conclude I'm suffering, but when they visit my house the story changes. They confess about their fake life and ask for help. I don't help.

I can never help anyone who wears better clothes than I do. I invest my wardrobe allowance into my business, they should invest theirs too, rather than wear the best clothes and shoes, and still take my money when I'm not even properly dressed.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by olawooro: 7:29am On Feb 08, 2019
alaye123:
grin TO THE OP AND ALL THE PROPONENTS ON THIS TOPICS grin grin grin grin

My psyche tells OP of this thread is suffering from chronic jealousy or low self esteem. Nobody has the right or moral justification to tell people how to live life. As far as they are not breaking the laws of the land. There is no crime prescribed as FAKE LIFE. Humans are distinct and varies with different character. So you cant expect people not to show off or look presentable on a picture that is public. Do you expect people to put on worn out dress or a slum background just to prove they aint got money yet.

Some people are rich yet they hardly show off publicly while others galivant every where on cyber space. Same as the average or broke guys. Live your life and dont force others to agree on your school of thought.

Culprit.
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Ade3000yrs(m): 7:37am On Feb 08, 2019
u try
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by 2cul2care: 7:37am On Feb 08, 2019
being a young Guy have never had a problem with this right from my secondary school days have learnt to be myself and let people accept me for who i am, also i have had the privilege of working side by side with very wealth people and have learnt one thing, those who are truly wealthy don't show of some of them are the most humble people i have ever met, its here in Nigeria you will see a person earning 50,000 monthly and is using a phone of 200,000 pure madness. guys pls change, kow you are not in competition with anybody and you have nothing to prove to anybody, just live ur life, like the popular saying goes 'asiko laye', be patient ur own turn will come

7 Likes

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Creativebae(f): 7:46am On Feb 08, 2019
bluefilm:

Why are you guys like this?

I wonder the type of life you guys lead in real life if you get so defensive like this over something so inconsequential like this.

Someone took her time to educate you.

The least you could do is to thank the person.

But no.

You decide to mock the person while expressing your anger for being corrected in the first place.

I do recall a time a corrected one girl who kept on saying that her landlord gave QUICK notice.

I took her aside and told her it is actually QUIT notice.

Guess what her response was?

I just don't understand why you guys are like that, seriously.
Urh hunkle, you were too quick to quote me that you didn't take note of where I actually appreciated her. Nobody knows it all mbok.
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 08, 2019
ceeroh:
All thanks to social media... Introverts like us have nothing to worry about. We hardly take pictures sef.
Something happened in one of the places I've worked, we recruited this new guy (a graduate) as an office assistant. So on the day of resumption, I was showing him around the office and I also took him to the MD's office to intimate him with his duties (the MD wasn't around yet) but I had access to his office. So I quickly left to answer a call in my office, then I returned to the the MD's office not knowing what had happened.
That same evening, I saw on this guy's WhatsApp status, the pictures he took while I was briefly away. He went as far as taking one on the MD's seat. First day at the office fah!! He even captioned it..'When Grace finds you'. This was someone whose salary was barely 25k.
JESUS Is LORD cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Creativebae(f): 7:50am On Feb 08, 2019
cococandy:
Chanel bag. (Pronounced Shaanel)

Chanel not channel. Thanks
wink wink thanks fine girl

1 Like

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 08, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
grin

A lot of people live fake lives. Abuja people are number 1.

Fake life is when you claim to be a BBQ seller and instead of you to be active on "Food section" you jump from thread to thread, especially Politics section. Are you not a BMC?
attention all officers in the area “Shots fired, I repeat Shots fired”.
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by sunbuddy(m): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2019
I remember a lady then during my OND days ,she told me her father has 3 house in lekki 4 expensive cars, she even told me that she will be coming with her car the following semester.i later discover she as never come to lagos in her entire life not to talk of knowing lekki.some people see it as a normal life and they can never change.

3 Likes

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by DONOCHAS(m): 8:02am On Feb 08, 2019
ceeroh:
All thanks to social media... Introverts like us have nothing to worry about. We hardly take pictures sef.
Something happened in one of the places I've worked, we recruited this new guy (a graduate) as an office assistant. So on the day of resumption, I was showing him around the office and I also took him to the MD's office to intimate him with his duties (the MD wasn't around yet) but I had access to his office. So I quickly left to answer a call in my office, then I returned to the the MD's office not knowing what had happened.
That same evening, I saw on this guy's WhatsApp status, the pictures he took while I was briefly away. He went as far as taking one on the MD's seat. First day at the office fah!! He even captioned it..'When Grace finds you'. This was someone whose salary was barely 25k.
some people too mumu, now he have succeeded in posting the pix. wetin he gain
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Olatara(f): 8:05am On Feb 08, 2019
unity004:
grin back then on campus i took my crush to my friend's flat claiming it was mine, our day was moving well until his younger sis who happen to be her friend show up. when i left them at the sitting room, i over heard my friend's sis telling my crush "this is not his flat, he live in a one room apartment. he always beg my brother for money, food & cloths etc". as i hear all what dat witch said abt me to my crush, i felt like disappearing. my crush blast me hard that day and since then our little romance reach a full stop
See your life?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Ferrous(m): 8:08am On Feb 08, 2019
Stop living a Fake life as a result of low self-esteem. Fake life causes depression dat leads to suicide. Stop living a life just to impress others dat have zero contribution to your life; you are not accountable to them; you owe them nothing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by netsurfer01(m): 8:11am On Feb 08, 2019
Gforce2019:

Is either you vote for buhari or else.. your sperms go disappear from your scotrum.. .

....so buhari or your sperm?

Your father's sperm.. undecided
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by madridsta007(m): 8:15am On Feb 08, 2019
ceeroh:

Lol @ “When grace finds you...” He is a foolish kid.

The social media hasn’t helped, if I’m honest. Young people seem to be swayed with the artificial perception of trying to impress the next person— for what reason, I don’t know. It is pathetic. I had a friend who lived a fake life, despite working in a top multinational— he lived above his means. Got into a business and then boom! The business went burst. The young man kept on borrowing to sort his debtors out and borrowing to live his fake life. Of course his salary wasn’t enough for this. He fell into depression [we his friends didn’t know because of we actually THOUGHT he was fine] till he tried suicide by attempting to slash his left wrist.
Thankfully, he didn’t know the procedure very well and he was rescued before he lost enough blood.
That’s what living a fake life can do. Young people never learn. The person or society you are trying to impress has his/her/its own problems and isn’t bothered about you. When you run into problems of even death by living a fake life, the society and friends move on after one second of saying, “eyaaah” to you.

10 Likes

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 08, 2019
ceeroh:

Lmao.

That's how stupid they are.

1 Like

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Kirchhoff01(m): 8:19am On Feb 08, 2019
ceeroh:
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by SaturnNick(m): 8:20am On Feb 08, 2019
Bryan12:
The smallest dog barks the loudest.
Because its most scared
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Olatara(f): 8:20am On Feb 08, 2019
GloShare:
One time my former classmates saw me trekking on the road and brushed me off. Only if they knew I had 7m in my pocket. Another day we met at a party and I made sure to drop them all at home with my car.

I have an 8 digit account balance but I hardly ever try to impress. I actually visit the bank with slippers and most times I walk because I get bored driving.

People see me and conclude I'm suffering, but when they visit my house the story changes. They confess about their fake life and ask for help. I don't help.

I can never help anyone who wears better clothes than I do. I invest my wardrobe allowance into my business, they should invest theirs too, rather than wear the best clothes and shoes, and still take my money when I'm not even properly dressed.
You are wicked! hahahahaha
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by SaturnNick(m): 8:21am On Feb 08, 2019
Bryan12:
The smallest dog barks the loudest.
Because its most scared
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Ugosample(m): 8:35am On Feb 08, 2019
koyyes:
You are wasting your time.

If there is anything Africans are good at, its pretending and gadging for stupidity sake.

Even your leaders are not left out. When peeps from obodo oyibo come to see your leaders, you will notice the difference in grooming. Oyibo people appear so simple while your leaders will pack starch on their agbada. Yet, nothing dey their head.

you are right

1 Like

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 08, 2019
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by bluefilm: 9:02am On Feb 08, 2019
Creativebae:

Urh hunkle, you were too quick to quote me that you didn't take note of where I actually appreciated her. Nobody knows it all mbok.

angry angry professor johnbul thanks for the correction anyways, i wouldn't know cos i spend money on relevant things that will fetch more money. .

Believe it or not, in this very short sentence of yours, you expressed a lot terrible reactions towards being corrected.

First, you put up angry faces showing that you actually took offense for being corrected.

Then, you called her professor johnbul suggesting that you are actually mocking her for being an ITK: i-too-know.... and daring to correct you.

But you didn't stop there, you still went ahead to suggest that people who care about such things or buy such bags are useless because they spend their time, money and energy on irrelevant things.

But anyway sha, I am glad you must have learnt your lesson which is why you corrected your initial post. wink

And because of that, I will only say to you: Go and sin no more!

Do have yourself a wonderful weekend. shocked

4 Likes

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 08, 2019
GloShare:

Correct Guy..

I started wearing some clothes I dropped 7 years ago.

I didn't believe they were still somewhere inside the house. Nobody to impress.

3 Likes

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Ehitie: 9:06am On Feb 08, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]
Martinez39:
Can we just stop living fake lives? Who exactly are we trying to impress? Boys, why are you always snapping pictures beside a car that isn't yours? Girls, why are lying that you study in the UK? Who are you trying to impress? I understand that the pressure to succeed along with your mates is high in our society but you must always be reasonable and not follow the band wagon. Stop telling lies and start being real. If people look down on you and don't want to be your friend because you are not making it then they are not your friends indeed. They are not worth going out of your way to please. Your true friends are those who are always by your side and treat you nicely even if you are a nobody. People live fake lives trying to avoid shame, impress and get acceptance, approval and praise from people who don't care a damn about them. This is a pressure from society that only the childish in mind succumbs to. This has to stop.

Since life is full of ups and downs, we would, at one point in time, be tempted to live fake lives to please people and get their approval, avoid shame and get their praise and respect. Don't do it. Be matured and know that people's perspective about you does not define you or determine your worth so stop trying to belong or impress people that don't even give you a penny. If you are already living a fake life, try to start strategically coming out with the truth because the longer you live a fake life, the harder it is to come out with the truth. It would be disastrous and embarrassing when people finally find out. If you come out clean and that girl or boy you are eyeing doesn't want you, let the person go. If you come out clean and those group of friends start misbehaving and don't want you anymore, let them go. Everyone cannot be your friend and what they think no dey put food for your table. If your status, bio or whatever on social media says you study in UK while you are here in Nigeria, remove it. If your status, bio or whatever on social media says that you are working at Chevron while you are actually jobless, remove it. It's better to live it blank than tell lies. Use your discretion to come out clean or if you can't come out, don't say anything at all and don't lie any further.

If you have a friend that is living a fake, don't judge them instead show them that you are never going to leave his/her side and try to make him/her stop living a fake life. If they decide to come out clean, be by your friend's side and be his/her pillar while they face the shame. This is 2019, I hope boys and girls would stop living fake lives and start being real. Anyone, even if it is your childhood or close friend that you may have helped, that is rich and looking down on you should go to hell. Stop this habit.

Some would say "fake it until you make it," if you don't end up making it nko? If the success comes when you are 50 something nko? You think success is anyone's birthright? The universe doesn't give a damn about anyone. Please, nairaland boys and girls that are guilty of this, let this stop. grin

For the sake of humour and education, share your experience living a fake life and if you were caught, share it. No one is here to judge anyone. If someone other than you has been caught (either by you or others) living a fake life, share it. If you secretly know someone living a fake life and that person hasn't been exposed yet, share it. Just share. wink

This is front page worthy. Please do the needful. Yeah that's right

When you see that girl who says she is studying Medicine in the UK selling pawpaw at Mushin.

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 9:10am On Feb 08, 2019
purples25:
People are just too toxic for my liking. They judge like they've never fell before. They are always too tense, when they can be simple with you they choose to be complicated instead and act so judgemental over what you do and wear.

There are two roads left . Bear it, cuz they're never going to change. Two, you'll fake it if you can't bear the unnecessary disgrace anymore. It's just reality.

I like this OP's post a lot. May have made my day.
I really understand. A lot of people are too judgemental but you don't have to hang out with them. They can go to hell for all you care.
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Martinez39(m): 9:23am On Feb 08, 2019
GloShare:

Keep your money to yourself and don't be a Santa Claus. If you become a Father Christmas and waste all your money helping people and you go broke, no one will give you a damn. Even the people you helped will start giving you attitude and snubbing you. No one will help. When you are rich, people attach themselves to you to leech of you. No matter how much you spend, people will always have needs. Your money is for you and your family (wife and children). Anything that remains is inheritance for your children. It would be a shame if you are a millionaire and your children have nothing to show for it.

Let everyone go and work and be independent. You don't owe anyone anything.

2 Likes

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Trottle: 9:40am On Feb 08, 2019
@Martinez39, you're totally on point. It is depressing that people flaunt things they don't own to impress people that don't care. No wonder kidnapping and "pant stealing" is on the rise. Plus our generation has been totally warped to the extent that if you don't flaunt, THINGS YOU DON'T POSSESS, you're considered a snub. Live according to your means because the day you start flaunting, you will always be in a pressure to maintain the status quo. Sadly, many will only realise the futility of the act on their deathbed.
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by GregJo: 9:51am On Feb 08, 2019
GloShare:

That is the most enjoyable part of this post

1 Like

Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by Ozkar: 9:52am On Feb 08, 2019
The problem is that many people have this weird need for external validation and would go any length to try to impress and get it.
Re: Boys And Girls, Stop This Fake life Nonsense. Get In Here. by ecstasy357(m): 9:54am On Feb 08, 2019
Nuulife:
I detest fake life ehh.

However, I do involve in professional packaging which can appear fake sometimes.
When it comes to my personal life, I live Bellow my standard.

If i meet new people, I would tell you that I am a student (meanwhile, I am a working class).
If I go on first date, I would hide my car and appear as a street.
These help me to know how people accepts me and then, I will naturally put off fake people as much as possible.

I'm gonno try this one. Makes a whole lot of sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

An Overloaded Motocycle (photos) / See The Snake And Rodent I Killed Today! / Fatal Accident Along Wuse Market Bridge In Abuja (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.