Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? (753 Views)

Youths Chase Away Preacher For Disturbing Their Sleep In Alagbado, Lagos (Video) / 10 Characteristics Of A Man After God's Heart / 10 Characteristics Of A Man After God's Heart - jesusjnr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by WinningEleven(m): 8:23pm On Feb 07, 2019
Good evening my brothers and sisters. I have something bothering me.

I am a teenager and one of the goals Paramount in my mind is chasing God's heart.
I'd like to be like David and other heroes in the bible.
I do the regular stuff we hear like praying, staying away from sin but I want to know if there is something deeper.

I'm a teen after God's heart. And please I wanna know if there is a secret to it.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by WinningEleven(m): 8:26pm On Feb 07, 2019
Is there a way to be completely free of sin and concentrate on My spiritual life?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by countryfive: 8:27pm On Feb 07, 2019
WinningEleven:
Is there a way to be completely free of sin and concentrate on My spiritual life?
Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by kingralph(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2019
Lets imagine that your paramount goal is to seek and chase after the heart of your dad or.girlfriend, what would you Do? Naturally you would need to Know them well to win their heart. Thesame applies here. What Do you know about God?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by budaatum: 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
Your question, translated loosely, is:

"What shall I do to enter the KoG?"
Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by WinningEleven(m): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2019
budaatum:
Your question, translated loosely, is:

"What shall I do to enter the KoG?"
Exactly sir
Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2019
WinningEleven:

I am a teenager and one of the goals Paramount in my mind is chasing God's heart.
I do the regular stuff we hear like praying, staying away from sin but I want to know if there is something deeper.

I'm a teen after God's heart. And please I wanna know if there is a secret to it.

hey bro,I guess in this post we won't be cracking science.

trust me on this I know exactly what you are going through,being a teenager myself and on the search for God.

actually I have come a little distance with my walk with God and I tell you the truth their is indeed more to it.
but let me clear your mind,seeking Gods heart depends on your motives,
temptations might come and at times you may fall,because serving God is not a one day job.understand this.

at this stage of your life,you may have noticed that temptations are becoming more frequent and you are now more receptive to them.
this is because it is your formative years,Satan will do anything to make a monster out of you at this stage,because your personality as a youth,more or less determines who you will become.

by Gods grace I just took some crucial decision which I know is a stepping stone to another level with God.

bro set your priorities, will you forsake your faith to enjoy the pleasures of your youth,or will you stand firm in God,because with him only is your future assured.

I am a teenager but I know what I am talking about,think about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by WinningEleven(m): 6:56pm On Feb 08, 2019
Chidorx60:

trust me on this I know exactly what you are going through,being a teenager myself and on the search for God.

actually I have come a little distance with my walk with God and I tell you the truth their is indeed more to it.
temptations might come and at times you may fall,because serving God is not a one day job.understand this.

at this stage of your life,you may have noticed that temptations are becoming more frequent and you are now more receptive to them.
this is because it is your formative years,Satan will do anything to make a monster out of you at this stage,because your personality as a youth,more or less determines who you will become.

by Gods grace I just took some crucial decision which I know is a stepping stone to another level with God.

bro set your priorities, will you forsake your faith to enjoy the pleasures of your youth,or will you stand firm in God,because with him only is your future assured.

I'm going to ruminate in this
Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by Ihedinobi3: 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2019
Hello WinningEleven (and Chidorx90, if you are interested).

I am a Christian very deeply committed to following the Truth of the Bible wherever it leads me.

For what it is worth, I have been a Christian since I was a little thing and I'm in my thirties now. I have also been just like you. David particularly and Paul were two of my most admired heroes of faith in the Bible. I don't know how many times I actually cried asking God to make me like them. Because of Paul, I wanted to be celibate. David's example was a huge appeal for some life-altering decisions I have personally made. Then the more I understood Moses and Elijah, the more I wanted to be like them too. Elijah was perhaps the most intimidating for me. I never saw reason to believe that I could ever pray like him. Joseph was an example I despaired to ever measure up to. Abraham always felt somehow out of my league. Today, I have more heroes than I did when I was younger and each day I thank God for any progress I make at all in being like them in their devotion to Him. It is true that it is not easy at all but it is not impossible especially for us in our days who have been so graciously and incredibly given the Spirit of God to live inside of us permanently as long as we continue to believe in Jesus Christ.

You made an excellent choice, the best choice possible, to believe in the Lord Jesus. But it is also a very hard one to maintain in this world. Be assured that Satan never takes such a choice lying down. Be even more assured, if possible, that he does not take kindly at all to any desire to move forward in that choice. So he will oppose you with everything he can throw at you. You WILL NOT find it easy at all if you insist on pursuing this path. But it is completely and eternally worth it. Never forget that. No churches I know teach you just how real this war is and how much it costs every fighter. And I have been to many and read from and listened to more teachers, preachers, pastors, bishops and general overseers than I care to remember. So I know what I am talking about.

As to your question, first of all, you are doing excellently if you are praying and reading the Bible everyday. Trying to keep away from sin is also very good but since we will never be completely free from sin in this life (James 3:2), it is certainly not the only thing to focus on. Many churches have defined the Christian life in terms only of avoiding sin in this life and that has led them into perhaps the worst sin to get trapped in (apart from the unforgivable sin of unbelief, that is): LEGALISM.

The harder anybody fights to be free of sin, the more frustrated they find to see its impossibility. That often leads people to either deciding that there is really no point in fighting sin either because they persuade themselves that God won't judge them for it or that there is no God to judge them for it OR ELSE it leads them to deciding that sin is only a specific list of things that they restrict themselves to. The latter is legalism. Sin is a very broad road that includes far more than anybody can list out. Many of our thoughts and words and actions are sinful. That is because they go contrary to God's Command in some way that may or may not be perceptible to us. In fact, in the Law of Moses, many of the sacrifices are for sins of ignorance, that is, for sins we commit unaware that they are sins. Such sins are inevitable to us.

So, resisting sin is right for you to do but it is not really the point of Christianity.

The point of the Christian Faith is really Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as the name indicates. The whole point of this walk of ours is to constantly demonstrate that we believe the Lord Jesus. But the Gospel is only the beginning of that belief. We believe that Jesus Christ Who is God put on a human body in order to die for us and was raised from the dead and lives forever as God and Man united in One Person glorified and worshipped and blessed forever, amen, so that we are saved from God's Condemnation forever. That is the beginning of our Faith. Once we start there, we must go on to learn everything that the Lord Jesus has to teach us and do our best to follow it closely.

In other words, the business of the Christian Faith is to learn all the Truth in the Bible, to believe it, to apply it to our lives, and to help everyone who is willing to do the same.

But to learn all the Truth in the Bible we need pastor-teachers (Ephesians 4:11-14) who are equipped with the spiritual gift of teaching and who have made sure to prepare themselves thoroughly for the job and who are diligently doing the job actually. Such pastor-teachers are incredibly rare, as I have said (1 Corinthians 12:24). There are many who have arrogated such a position to themselves who are only leading the Lord's Sheep astray and devouring them. There is great Anger being stored up against such people. But they also exist to allow each believer to make a decision whether they really want to know the Truth or to follow lies.

So the answer is yes, there is much yet to do in the Faith. And very great reward involved in doing it as well. For anyone who diligently learns the Truth and believes it, applying it to their life in increasing sanctification, when they reach spiritual maturity, they can anticipate a crown for their efforts on the Day that the Lord Jesus judges the Church after the Resurrection. If they go further and pass all the spiritual tests sent their way, they win yet another crown on that Day. If they go even further and fulfill their spiritual ministry (whatever it may be) in the Body of Christ, they win the third and the highest crown into the bargain. Even better, if they go above and beyond all this in their service, they can look forward to being raised into the special ranks of the very greatest believers that ever walked the earth. These are eternal rewards that have been guaranteed by God Himself to all of us if we are willing to do the work He calls us to.

I sincerely and very deeply hope that you will find them worth your committing yourself to a qualified Bible teaching ministry to learn all the Truth of the Bible without compromising on any of it. You have started early enough to ask the right question. Now be willing too to receive the answer. Not too long from now, the whole world will be very severely tested in the Tribulation and only such Christians as actually know the Bible and those then who wake up to the real calling of Christianity will pass through that test without losing their faith.

Even before that time arrives, today, Christians are being tested as they have always been and many fall away because they do not know the Truth. Apostasy is terrible. I know no one who has recovered from it. And I am sure that it is better not to see if you can be the first to do so. So, take my advice and commit yourself to learning all the Bible Truth that you possibly can and strive for the greatest eternal rewards.

You can look up the following links for solid Bible-teaching ministries that will help you grow spiritually and become able to deal with the tests of this life and also fulfill your spiritual ministry: https://ichthys.com and www.bibleacademyonline.com. The first is where I learn myself. I am a sort of apprentice teacher and in my signature you will find some threads on Nairaland where I do my bit to help other believers grow too but you are much better off with these other far more mature teachers. I encourage you to commit yourself to this. It won't be easy but it will be totally worth it.

Grace be with you.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by budaatum: 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2019
A Way

My sister would show you her toes. "I used to stub my toes when I walked", she'd say, "all the time. It took me so long to learn to lift my legs up so now, no nails."

She posts a chapter of this book in this thread everyday starting over again at the end to forever remind her and now, "To my Father’s glory, I bear much fruit...." she would tell you.

Post a chapter a day and find the "secret".

Do note, anybody can post as long as no one has posted the day's chapter. You will be reminding everybody to read it. In as much as you read what is posted you are on the way. Amen
Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 09, 2019
WinningEleven:

Wow! That's really great to hear! cheesy

Jesus said:

"But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them."
Matthew 13:16-17 (KJV)

That's Jesus my Master personally endorsing His own Words and Teachings, for even those prophets and righteous persons of old who walked with God, as David who you desire to be like, didn't even have the benefit of His Words to help them in their walk with God as you do.

So you have a chance to prove to them that you that has it, treasures and hence utilizes those precious Words to your spiritual benefit as they would have if they were in your shoes.

God be with you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by Darevofpeace(m): 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2019
Winningeleven check out this my write up to your question.

(1)Deep Intimacy
The very first step to pleasing God is to know who God is? how can you know who He is? when you do not know His ways,the ways and the act of God can only be made known by our workable relationship with Him
"God is a spirit and those that would worship Him must worship Him in truth and spirit" the ways and acts of God are supernatural and having a knowledge of what He wants for us and how to do it maximally is a great step to make him happy,someone might say how can a man made of flesh makes God who is a spirit happy,the question is how do you bring hapiness to your earthly parent's? is it not by carrying out all there specific instructions to letter's,"a daily and very consistent relationship with God guarantee's safe landing in destiny"
Jesus once called His disciples "ye are my servant" later He says "Ye are my friends" and after a while He Say's "Ye are my beloved" can we see t undecidedhe level of transformational relationship. We need to become a friend with God.

(2)Be a Covenant Partner
God is covenant God and He keeps to it to the letter,God is a spirit unlike we humans who makes Promise's, God makes covenant and it do takes two to tango in making covenant and the terms of agreement is binding on both parties.
Promise's by men only binds on the one who make's it and there is no crime if it does not become visible, what are God's covenant? "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this,To visit the fatherless and widows in their afflictions,and to keep himself unspotted from the World" James 1:27,God is a covenant keeping God and He can never fail.
The foundation of Christianity are based on the greatest commandment of 'love' which are "love the Lord your God with all your spirit and with all your might" and "love your neighbour as yourself" let us restore back original human and societal value's by caring for one another,since everyman watches for what he is going to get for himself alone on earth, the whole World went awry and greed took over men's heart.
Since Cain replied God in Genesis 4:9 "And the Lord said unto Cain,Where is Abel thy brother? And he said,I know not: Am I my brother's keeper" less we forget,these were the first family on earth and this same question is been repeated by all and sundry, life is bigger than just mere 'accumulation' of material thing's, change is the only constant thing,a day would come the present World richest will be dead and another person would take the position, it is only the impact we make in others life that would make a big difference.
People keeps wondering why is Africa in turmoil compared to all other continent's? bad leadership, embezzlement of public funds which could last a city by an individual,improper government accountability to the public who elected them and several other factor's, I have done my research, Africans wants people to recognise him/her by possessions,while an average white man or woman wants to leave a name and legacy by solving human/societal problem's and add value's to humanity.
We need to care for one another and to lift each others burdens, the whole World is hurting enough.
Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by Finallydead: 3:20am On Nov 08, 2019
Hey bro. Are u still on this? We can talk about it if u wish. I trust you would get a satisfactory answer if you're yet to. Reply me so i know your stance, then we may get talking from there
Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 08, 2019
Lol!

@winningeleven, I didn't even know I was here.

Been quite a while bro. I hope you are good?

God bless.
Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by Blabbermouth: 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
WinningEleven:

Exactly sir
Secure the tea-cup, not the sauce. The cup contains the content not the sauce [Hope you would easily discern it]...
Go after God's heart and the kingdom willingly follows.
In the beginning of my journey, I realized I am escaping from hell {actually it sounds as if I am doing this because I don't want to be punished}...
Ask me who is Jesus and I will tell you things he had and is still doing for me...
Ask me why I love him and I will tell you how much he loved and still loves me when i've not met him at all...
If you Go through the book of psalms with your heart, you will see a love between a man and the LORD {I tell you it's a kind of love far more greater than "Eros" (Romantic love between a man and his wife.. One flesh!!!)}...
As David said "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so doth my soul pant after thee, O LORD"..
If you know what " A hart" and a "water brook" is, you will have a grasp of how much David is after God.
But, this is not even the best of love. A root of David came down seeing man in darkness and he brought light. I tell you, if there is someone that God loved and he loved God the most, then it is no other person than my master "CHRIST".
Now, concerning loving God,
I will tell you something, though it ain't new, yet it is bread.
1. "I have been crucified with Christ, (but it is a mystery that), the more I die, the more I am alive."- Apostle Paul.
EVEN DEATH HATH LEVELS, AND IT GETS TO A POINT THAT, IT IS NO LONGER YOU THAT LIVES, IT IS CHRIST THAT LIVES IN YOU.
That is the main idea... DEATH... Then Christ manifests in you.
But I tell you again " It is not by your power, nor by your might, But by my spirit"-Says the Lord.
You can never completely die, unless you are controlled and totally influenced by the spirit of God."
2. You need to know God!!!!
I see many people fully engrossed in the new testaments, and ignore the testament of the old. Jesus set the best example; Before he clocked 30 and manifested is ministration fully, he had over and over "Munched the laws and writings of the prophet."
Does this mean you have to abandon the teachings of Lord Jesus and fixate on the old testament? No!!!!! "It shows how much work you need to do on the word"
The spirit always help. When you have it, he is always there. [You should have known this and if you don't, you will know soon].

My prayers for us in the name of JESUS IS:
That we may see what HE sees
That we may feel what HE feels
That we may love what HE loves..
If you understand the prayers above, you will realize that "You need not to be actually running from sins and temptations... If you do, you will take it as though God's ways are burdensome."

SHALOM...
Re: How Do I Seek And Chase God's Heart Effectively? by WinningEleven(m): 12:53am On Sep 07, 2020
Chidorx60:

Bro, Im just checking up on you.

how far?? how has it been

(1) (Reply)

Jesus And Masturbation( Revealing The Truth) / Who "Closed" Why Jesus Cannot Save Or Heal You? / Why Did Jesus' Disciples Die In A Miserable Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.