Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction (1796 Views)

If Peter Obi Has #2B To Buy Endorsement... (Pics) / Herdsmen: Ooni Ogunwusi & Akintunde Akinyemi In Verbal War / NEITI Solid Minerals Contributed N43.2B to Government Revenue, N9.9B Shared 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2019
Can you believe this?

On who gave instructions to Diamond Bank for the release of N1.2 billion, Mr Obanikoro replied that “I was the only person that gave instructions to the bank’’.
Defence counsel: “Can you tell the court by what means you gave the instruction and to whom?’’
Witness: “Verbally, to the then MD of Diamond Bank, Mr (Alex) Oti’’.
Defence counsel: “Was there any time your verbal instruction was reduced into writing?’’
Witness: “No’’.
Defence counsel: “So, I suggest to you that what you are telling this court is that there is no written record for the release of N1.2billion by the bank’’.
Witness: “Because of the nature of the job’’.
Defence counsel: “Look at exhibit E9 -E11’’ and mention the names of the Directors of Silva Mcnamara’’.
Witness : “Ezekwe Ikenna, Oshodi Idowu, and Adebiyi Elizabeth’’.
Read more
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/310486-i-was-investigated-for-being-privy-to-illicit-transfer-of-funds-obanikoro-admits.html
A banker released N1.2b from an account to someone on the basis of a verbal instruction by a non signatory to the account?
God have mercy!
Re-elect Governor Okezie Ikpeazu for the good of Abia.
#Vote4PDPAllTheWay

Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 8:39pm On Feb 07, 2019
Lalasticlala lalasticlala can you see the thief from Arochukwu that wants to govern Abia State? Thanks goodness that Nde UkwaNgwa rejected this fraudsters in 2015 and must stick to our son Dr Ikpeazu till 2023

1 Like

Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by yipata: 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2019
Ponponkon:
Can you believe this?

On who gave instructions to Diamond Bank for the release of N1.2 billion, Mr Obanikoro replied that “I was the only person that gave instructions to the bank’’.
Defence counsel: “Can you tell the court by what means you gave the instruction and to whom?’’
Witness: “Verbally, to the then MD of Diamond Bank, Mr (Alex) Oti’’.
Defence counsel: “Was there any time your verbal instruction was reduced into writing?’’
Defence counsel: “So, I suggest to you that what you are telling this court is that there is no written record for the release of N1.2billion by the bank’’.
Defence counsel: “Look at exhibit E9 -E11’’ and mention the names of the Directors of Silva Mcnamara’’.
Read more
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/310486-i-was-investigated-for-being-privy-to-illicit-transfer-of-funds-obanikoro-admits.html
A banker released N1.2b from an account to someone on the basis of a verbal instruction by a non signatory to the account?
God have mercy!
Re-elect Governor Okezie Ikpeazu for the good of Abia.
#Vote4PDPAllTheWay

You are very wicked. You sef u were amazed NY the story and you still want us to vote PDP.. That's too wicked.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2019
Seun seun don't let this thief near your shop o, he fit gbab your garri
Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2019
yipata:

You are very wicked. You sef u were amazed NY the story and you still want us to vote PDP.. That's too wicked.
Does party steal? No! Do individuals steal? Yes! Brother thieves are in every party, I and my fellow UkwaNgwa people have decided to stick to Dr Ikpeazu who has no criminal records anywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2019
cheesy
Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
cheesy
I expect Otti to blame Okezie Ikpeazu as usual for bribing Obanikoro to implcate Otti. In fact for this betrayal Abians have decided not to relelect Ikpeazu for the third time when his second tenure ends in 2023

1 Like

Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 7:12am On Feb 08, 2019
Mods una dey vex o. Hidden posts everywhere hmm
Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Beremx(f): 7:52am On Feb 08, 2019
Nwanna kedu? Longest time. grin
Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 8:10am On Feb 08, 2019
Beremx:
Madam adim nma. Kedu ka gi na ndi ezinulo gi mere? Longest time nobe small. Oke mgbaghari no na campaign anaghi enyecham oghere ibata ebe a kwa ubochi. Ejim aka na ima Na obu ebe esere nchemiri ka ikwesiri ibianye aka na izu a? Welara ezinulo gi ozi ekelem n'ekpo oku sitere na alaala Obim

1 Like

Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Parada: 8:11am On Feb 08, 2019
PDP Igbos n lies as usual.
Where was Alex Otti name mentioned in the whole conversation ? This is how they will tarnish this guy’s name till their lies become the truth. Many of these liars are cursed and they litter this NL in particular. The likes of pachukwudi77 n amarabee, they are saint to NL by their foolish PDP e.g the loud mouth Abaribe who stood surety for Kanu.

This same Kanu Amarabae n her husband pachukwudi77 helped in spreading the Biafra falsehood only to label Kanu a traitor because he want boycott Atiku n the election. Who knows maybe Abaribe is yet to wire another tranche of money to him to cooling fooling their gullible tribe just like Ojukwu fooled 2 million Igbos to their untimely death in the baiafran war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by nwadiuko1(m): 8:14am On Feb 08, 2019
Ponponkon:
Mods una dey vex o. Hidden posts everywhere hmm
my brother
Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by hisexcellency34: 8:14am On Feb 08, 2019
From Peter Obi to Willie Obiano to Alex Otti, all these Igbo bankers are rogues . But that man called Ikpeazu is a useless governor, a serial betrayer

1 Like

Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by eagleeye2: 8:31am On Feb 08, 2019
Beremx:
The guy don resume him job on Nairaland. grin After una win naw, you go disappear again.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 9:29am On Feb 08, 2019
nwadiuko1:
my brother
Sir! Ndewo o
Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 9:31am On Feb 08, 2019
eagleeye2:

The guy don resume him job on Nairaland.
grin After una win naw, you go disappear again.
I be patriot o, I am a true friend of Mr Seun seun osewa
Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 9:33am On Feb 08, 2019
hisexcellency34:
From Peter Obi to Willie Obiano to Alex Otti, all these Igbo bankers are rogues . But that man called Ikpeazu is a useless governor, a serial betrayer
Ipob should stop attacking Dr Ikpeazu over what he knows nothing about. Nigerian army are not answerable to Okezie Ikpeazu. Biko he didn't betray you in any form
Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 9:41am On Feb 08, 2019
“I was investigated for being privy to illicit transfer of funds,” — Obanikoro admits
February 5, 2019Agency Report

Former Ekiti governor, Fayose, arrives court for his criminal trial
A former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, on Tuesday admitted before a Lagos Division of the Federal High Court that he was investigated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for being privy to illicit transfer of funds.
Mr Obanikoro made the statement while giving evidence in the criminal trial of the immediate-past Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, facing charges of an alleged N6.9billion fraud.
Mr Fayose was arraigned by the EFCC on October 22, 2018, alongside a company, Spotless Investment Ltd, on 11 counts.
He had pleaded not guilty to the charge, and the court had granted him bail in the sum of N50 million, with one surety in like sum.
His trial had commenced on November 19, 2018, with the EFCC calling four witnesses, while the court had then adjourned for the continuation of trial.
On Tuesday, Rotimi Jacobs, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, appeared for the EFCC, while Messrs Ola Olanipekun (SAN) and Olalekan Ojo (SAN) represented the first and second defendants respectively.

Mr Obanikoro, the fifth prosecution witness, who began his evidence on January 21, and was cross-examined on February 4, mounted the witness box in continuation of his cross-examination.
Under cross-examination by the second defendant’s counsel, Mr Ojo, Mr Obanikoro told the court that during his tenure as a Commissioner in Lagos in charge of Home Affairs and Culture, he had interfaced with various security agencies in the discharge of his duties.
According to him, he had sourced for a security outfit known as Sylva Mcnamara, owned by one Kareem Taiwo, to the Office of the National Security Adviser (NSA), when the need arose to provide for security operations in Lagos State.
He said the outfit performed credibly and did a good job.
Mr Ojo then asked the witness, “you said Kareem Taiwo did a good job,’’ witness replied “Yes’’.
Mr Ojo: “Then are you not surprised that a petition was still written by the NSA against both of you, for having gotten money from the NSA illicitly?’’
Mr Obanikoro replied in the affirmative and added: “And I state that I deserve a medal of honour for the great work I did in securing Lagos State then’’.
Mr Ojo: “’I’m sure you are aware of the offences you were alleged to have committed, for which you were granted bail by the EFCC,’’ witness replied `Yes’.
The defence counsel then asked the witness to tell the court the offence.
Mr Obanikoro replied: “It was based on a petition sent by the NSA that about N4.6 billion or thereabout was sent in an account operated by me, without proper documentation’’.
Defence counsel: “Will I be right to say that the allegations consisted of fraud?’’
Witness: “Until I see it.’’
Defence Counsel asked: “Are you still on administrative bail?’’
Witness replied: “Well, I have not been discharged, to the best of my knowledge.’’
Defence counsel: “It was also alleged that there were no approvals for the funds alleged to have been transferred to a number of companies listed in exhibit I, including Sylva Mcnamara,’’ the witness replied: “correct’’.
Defence counsel: “So I suggest to you that at all material time, you were being investigated to have been privy to the illicit transfer of funds.’’
Witness: “Correct.’’
Defence counsel: “Till today, the allegation of illicit transfer of funds has not been withdrawn against you by the EFCC’’.
Witness: “To the best of my knowledge, you are correct’’.
Defence counsel: “Did you produce any document to show the relationship between Kareem and the Office of the NSA, contrary to allegations that the NSA does not know him?’’
The witness replied: “No’’, and added that the Office of the NSA had responsibility for coordination of security across the nation, some of which are clandestine and not documented.
On who gave instructions to Diamond Bank for
Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 9:43am On Feb 08, 2019
Witness: “Verbally, to the then MD of Diamond Bank, Mr Oti’’.
Defence Counsel: “

1 Like

Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 9:44am On Feb 08, 2019
Lalasticlala lalasticlala Shebi u don see d full article
Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by B2mario(m): 9:56am On Feb 08, 2019
Okezie remains the governor till 2023. This is certain.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Cherrybae(f): 10:07am On Feb 08, 2019
Ikpeazu spending Abia state money bribing Obanikoro to resolve and implicate Alex Oti

Alex oti is the next governor of Abia state. I repeat, Alex Oti is our next governor.

No amount of blackmail will stop Ndi Abia from voting Alex Oti

1 Like

Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 08, 2019
na them.
Re: Meet The Banker That Released N 1.2b To Obanikoro On Verbal Instruction by Ponponkon: 10:27am On Feb 08, 2019
Cherrybae:
Ikpeazu spending Abia state money bribing Obanikoro to resolve and implicate Alex Oti

Alex oti is the next governor of Abia state. I repeat, Alex Oti is our next governor.

No amount of blackmail will stop Ndi Abia from voting Alex Oti

Ikpeazu will soon bribe Buhari to replace him as PPC presidential candidate...... Alex Otti for prison 2019 angry grin

(1) (Reply)

May 29: Why Foreign Leaders Stayed Away From Buhari’s Inauguration –omokri / Sowore's Arrest Escalate's The Revolution Now. / Those Calling For Buhari's Resignation, Sorry... Osinbajo Must Resign Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.