Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister (934 Views)

Buhari Is The Reason Tunisia Defeated Nigeria So Disastrously - Reno Omokri / Buratai: I Won’t Return To Abuja Until Boko Haram Is Defeated / Zulum: Boko Haram Is Attacking People And You Are Collecting N1,000 Per Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by Ebullience(m): 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2019
The Nigerian government is insisting that its military has “successfully defeated” Boko Haram insurgents, but says the country is now facing a fresh crisis, which it called a “global insurgency.”
The government stated this when it launched a national campaign to rally the support of the citizens behind the troops, especially those fighting the insurgency in the northeast.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, announced the launch of the campaign on Thursday in Abuja.

Mr Mohammed said Nigerian troops have “successfully cleared the remnant of the home-grown insurgency called Boko Haram and are now being confronted by a fresh crisis, a global insurgency.
“A faction of Boko Haram has aligned with the global terror group, ISIS, to form ISWAP, the Islamic State’s West African Province. In other words, ISIS now has a strong foothold in West Africa – with Nigeria at the forefront of the battle against them.

“With ISIS largely dislodged from Iraq and Syria, there is undoubtedly a flush of fresh fighters and weapons to ISWAP. Therefore, our military is fighting a global insurgency, without the kind of global coalition, including the United States, that battled ISIS in Syria and Iraq,” he said.

There has been a resurgence in attacks on Nigerian soldiers by the insurgents since last year. The latest attack occurred only a few weeks ago.

The minister said the videos and pictures being circulated on social media purporting massive military casualties were “doctored by those who do not understand the fresh threat facing the country nor appreciate the sacrifice of the military and their aim is to wage a campaign of disinformation against the military.”

He said, “those involved in the act are few, and do not represent the majority of Nigerians who appreciate the patriotism and the sacrifice of the gallant military troops.”

Mr Mohammed said it is high time all Nigerians “joined in and support the global war against insurgency, as it is a usual practice that when a country is faced with this kind of challenge, people will sink their differences and work together.”

He said the new campaign is a follow-up to the “hugely-successful National Campaign against Insecurity which we launched on February 16, 2016, with the punchline ‘If You See Something, Say Something’.”

Mr Mohanmmed said the government believes that “the military who are risking all and making a huge sacrifice to keep the citizens safe do not deserve defamation, or any action that can smear their morale rather, they deserve support and prayers of all Nigerians.”

He said the government was introducing the campaign to encourage and mobilise “Nigerians, irrespective of their political, religious or ethnic leanings, to show support for our military.”

He said the campaign will be multi-faceted. “It will include the production and airing of special jingles on radio and television, social media intervention and advocacy.

“The jingles are ready and also the materials for newspaper and social media, the jingles will start airing on radio and television this week.”

Mr Mohammed appealed to the media to seek clarification before reporting casualty figures as they will play the lead role in the campaign. He urged them not to reveal national security as well as military plans since such acts can put the troops in harm’s way.

The minister refused to answer questions not related to the launch of the campaign.
John Agim, the spokesperson of the Nigerian Defence Headquarters, said the military will sometimes keep information from media so as to avoid giving information away that would favour the insurgents and also to avoid unnecessary fright among citizens.

He cited an incident around 2015 and 2016 when the pictures of about 18 Boko Haram members were published and they all escaped to Lagos.

He said the military did not bother to announce that they were being arrested one after the other because the arrests would not have been possible if the information had been published.

The event was witnessed by top military officials, including the Director of Public Relations and Information of the Nigerian Air Force, Ibikunle Daramola; the outgoing Director of Army Public Relations, Sani Usman; and the Director of Information of the Nigerian Navy, Suleman Dahun.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/311160-boko-haram-is-defeated-nigeria-now-facing-global-insurgency-minister.html

Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by Larryfest(m): 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2019
Oga Lai don come again...how can you say you defeated them when they have now graduated to more deadlier groups

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by DrGoodman: 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
grin liars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2019
Larryfest:
Oga Lai don come again...
It's the truth. Boko Haram isn't a Nigerian problem anymore. Just mention one place on the planet where terrorism/insurgency was totally wiped out.
Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by princemillla(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2019
Lies from the pit of hell!

Make God help us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by abduljabbar4(m): 9:59pm On Feb 07, 2019
So many tears will drop after hearing this especially people like cyynthiakiss who shamelessly supports boko haram on this forum due to her hatred for notherners.

The truth is, boko haram is a goner. They hardly attack places outside Borno now unlike during gejs time. Sai Baba. The next step is to totally eliminate them.

Next level

sai baba
Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by Asshurbanipal: 10:02pm On Feb 07, 2019
Earthbound:

It's the truth. Boko Haram isn't a Nigerian problem anymore. Just mention one place on the planet where terrorism/insurgency was totally wiped out.
Lol. Insecurity is insecurity. Nobody cares about the name of the terrorist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by Bibors(m): 10:03pm On Feb 07, 2019
There is mankind of lie PAC will not tell.
The excuses always looks childish.
Never again will Nigeria fall into such hands.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
These clowns again? Please ask your neighbour have you obidiently Atikulated?
Let's ignore these clowns, their time's up.

Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by CyynthiaKiss(f): 10:19pm On Feb 07, 2019
abduljabbar4:
So many tears will drop after hearing this especially people like cyynthiakiss who shamelessly supports boko haram on this forum due to her hatred for notherners.

The truth is, boko haram is a goner. They hardly attack places outside Borno now unlike during gejs time. Sai Baba. The next step is to totally eliminate them.

Next level

sai baba
I no no say the reply I gave you since last week about boko Haram still dey pain you like this , that's why you keep tagging me in all your comments both consequential and inconsequential ones . Mallam, sorry for hurting your emotions.
But next time if you want to insult Igbos because of people that died during the war ( even though some of your kinsmen were also victims of civil war as well because both sides had casualties) always look at your backyard because you are currently facing something that is worse than civil war, which only God knows when its going to end ... Stop taking it personal by emphasizing much on it. I only replied your comment on that thread not to mock anyone.... I hope you have learnt your lesson ?. Before you type something on social media ensure you have the capacity to endure the hurtful reply you might receive especial on politics section ... That's CyynthiaKiss for you.....

BTW, are you taking Lai Mohammed serious ?... You must be a clown..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by abduljabbar4(m): 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:
Speechless again.Try to let me read your poat this time
Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by nameo: 10:25pm On Feb 07, 2019
abduljabbar4:

Next level

sai baba

Boko haram just captured some major towns in Adamawa this very week.

Plzz shut your mouth.. and don't play silly politics with things that are capable of burning you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by abduljabbar4(m): 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2019
nameo:

Boko haram just captured some major towns in Adamawa this very week.

Plzz shut your mouth.. and don't play silly politics with things that are capable of burning you

It was an attack that was promptly repelled. Please go and read again. No one is saying that they are gone but compare this to the past when PDP was in power. There was no single day without a boko haram attack making fp on nairaland. You Atiku supporters might not know or like this but we the real victims know this. We are in a much better situatiin now
Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by nameo: 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2019
abduljabbar4:

It was an attack that was promptly repelled. Please go and read again. No one is saying that they are gone but compare this to the past when PDP was in power. There was no single day without a boko haram attack making fp on nairaland. You Atiku supporters might not know or like this but we the real victims know this. We are in a much better situatiin now

Bros, I don't play politics with issues like Boko haram, and I don't also suffer others who do.

That was what Lai was doing with his senseless statement. That is what you were doing with that comment.

To say that Biko haram has been defeated when they are still capturing towns in 3 different states is taking politics to silly heights.

Anyways, Lai knows his audience. People like you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by abduljabbar4(m): 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:

I no no say the reply I gave you since last week about boko Haram still dey pain you like this , that's why you keep tagging me in all your comments . Mallam, sorry for hurting you.
But Next time if you want to insult Igbos because of people that died during the war ( even though some of your kinsmen were also victims of civil war because both sides had casualties) always look at your backyard because you are currently facing something that is worst than civil war, which only God knows when its going to end ... Stop taking it personal by emphasizing much on it, I only replied your comment not to mock anyone.... I hope you have learnt your lesson ?. Before you type something on social media ensure you have the capacity to endure the hurtful reply you might receive.

BTW, are you taking Lai Mohammed serious ?

I am only pained forgetting mocked for something i didn't see and there is no way boko haram can do "worst" than what the federal army did to your people (even though you are denying them, madam yaruba christiancheesy). You started the whole mocking thing and i reminded you of your grandparents' bitter experience at the hands of Yakubu Gowin.. Boko haram is already dead, it's just that your brain capacity wouldn't let you understand that there will always be attacks here and there. Its just like when a country is invaded and some people decide to use guerilla tactics to provide a little resistance.

You vowed to always mention me after every boko haram attack so why should i leave you alone? You better get used to it, next time don't start what you cant finishcheesy.
Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by abduljabbar4(m): 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:

I no no say the reply I gave you since last week about boko Haram still dey pain you like this , that's why you keep tagging me in all your comments . Mallam, sorry for hurting you.
But Next time if you want to insult Igbos because of people that died during the war ( even though some of your kinsmen were also victims of civil war because both sides had casualties) always look at your backyard because you are currently facing something that is worst than civil war, which only God knows when its going to end ... Stop taking it personal by emphasizing much on it, I only replied your comment not to mock anyone.... I hope you have learnt your lesson ?. Before you type something on social media ensure you have the capacity to endure the hurtful reply you might receive.

BTW, are you taking Lai Mohammed serious ?

I am only pained forgetting mocked for something i didn't see and there is no way boko haram can do "worst" than what the federal army did to your people (even though you are denying them, madam yaruba christiancheesy). You started the whole mocking thing and i reminded you of your grandparents' bitter experience at the hands of Yakubu Gowon.. Boko haram is already dead, it's just that your brain capacity wouldn't let you understand that there will always be attacks here and there. Its just like when a country is invaded and some people decide to use guerilla tactics to provide a little resistance.

You vowed to always mention me after every boko haram attack so why should i leave you alone? You better get used to it, next time don't start what you cant finishcheesy.
Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by abduljabbar4(m): 10:51pm On Feb 07, 2019
nameo:

Bros, I don't play politics with issues like Boko haram, and I don't also suffer others who do.

That was what Lai was doing with his senseless statement. That is what you were doing with that comment.

To say that Biko haram has been defeated when they are still capturing towns in 3 different states is taking politics to silly heights.

Anyways, Lai knows his audience. People like you

Terrorism cannot end 100% just like that. It doesnt happen anywhere. If usa, syria russia, israel, Turkey and many other super powerful nations are yet to end ISIS 100% how di you expect Nigeria to end it at a go. You are being political. You dont have to be a buhari supporter before you acknowledge that boko haram has been severely weakened
Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by nameo: 10:57pm On Feb 07, 2019
abduljabbar4:

Terrorism cannot end 100% just like that. It doesnt happen anywhere. If usa, syria russia, israel, Turkey and many other super powerful nations are yet to end ISIS 100% how di you expect Nigeria to end it at a go. You are being political. You dont have to be a buhari supporter before you acknowledge that boko haram has been severely weakened

Book haram attacks has reduced but it has not been defeated like Lai said here. And his justification for this is even more insulting. Boko haram only joined a deadlier group I.e it evolved, not defeated.

Again, we must sary off politics on some things.
Re: Boko Haram Is Defeated; Nigeria Now Facing ‘global Insurgency’ — Minister by abduljabbar4(m): 11:09pm On Feb 07, 2019
nameo:

Book haram attacks has reduced but it has not been defeated like Lai said here. And his justification for this is even more insulting. Boko haram only joined a deadlier group I.e it evolved, not defeated.

Again, we must sary off politics on some things.

Even Isis is struggling to survive now. I am talking from a neutral pov this time, politics aside. Boko haram is only an issue in those three states unlike before. There is currently a disunity among them and many of their fighters seem to be running out of supplies from their sponsors. No mire use of jeeps to bomb places. Isis does not even recognize shekau

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Kleptocrat:Why Atiku Should Sue Bloomberg / 4 Years Of APC Government In Summary - By Segalink (interesting) / Celebration In Elrufai New Deputy Home Town ,(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.