Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

My Thoughts On The Recently Signed Agreement Between Fg & ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Thoughts On The Recently Signed Agreement Between Fg & ASUU (516 Views)

Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today / FG, ASUU: Another Strike Looms Over Oct 31 Agreement / Adeboye Sues For Peace In Fg, ASUU Faceoff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On The Recently Signed Agreement Between Fg & ASUU by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2019
The root cause of the industrial action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities has been the consistent and unfailing failure of the Federal Government to implement the 2009 agreement. According to the vanguard Newspaper of November 18, 2018, ASUU vowed that they will not return to the classrooms unless the FG accedes to its demands as highlighted in the 2009 agreement.

Now, according to TVC News, ASUU has reached an agreement, and signed documents, raising hope of an end to the three months old strike.

I don't know how many ASUU members will get to see this post, but I want to state categorically that IT APPEARS ASUU HAS NOT YET LEARNT ITS LESSONS!!!

I was in SS2 when the 2009 agreement was signed. I wrote my WASSCE in 2010. I have concluded my BSC and I'm in the final lap of my MSC, and yet, ASUU has for the umpteenth time signed a MOA with the FG with respect to the 2009 agreement. An agreement that was reached when I was in SS2 is yet to be fully implemented while I'm rounding up my MSC, and ASUU, a body of intellectuals, is still signing agreements with a government that is notorious for not keeping to their side of the bargain? This is as ridiculous as anything.

I had hoped that this strike will be a comprehensive strike that will bring an end to the FG's nauseating attitude of not keeping to agreements but I'm disappointed.

ASUU has failed to get it right, and I bet you, that the agreement that has been signed today will be the reason for the next industrial action in 10 months' time.

THAT STRIKE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED!!!

We do not know the next Sheriff that will run the affairs of this Nation. Our politicians are good at throwing blames. The new government that will come (if the current government loses at the polls) may resort to blaming the previous government for signing an agreement that it was not capable of keeping. They MAY blame the "past" government for leaving an empty treasury, and then, as is the custom, the strike will begin all over again.

I can bet a thousand ripe yams that a student currently in his first year will begin his PHD and ASUU will still be battling with the FG over the 2009 agreement.

LAW 15 of the 48 LAWS of Power states - CRUSH YOUR ENEMY TOTALLY!!! More is lost through stopping halfway!!!

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Recently Signed Agreement Between Fg & ASUU by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 07, 2019
But who are u

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Recently Signed Agreement Between Fg & ASUU by freemanbubble: 9:52pm On Feb 07, 2019
Okay.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Recently Signed Agreement Between Fg & ASUU by AskProf: 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2019
MasterRahl:
The root cause of the industrial action by the Academic Staff Union of Universities has been the consistent and unfailing failure of the Federal Government to implement the 2009 agreement. According to the vanguard Newspaper of November 18, 2018, ASUU vowed that they will not return to the classrooms unless the FG accedes to its demands as highlighted in the 2009 agreement.

Now, according to TVC News, ASUU has reached an agreement, and signed documents, raising hope of an end to the three months old strike.

I don't know how many ASUU members will get to see this post, but I want to state categorically that IT APPEARS ASUU HAS NOT YET LEARNT ITS LESSONS!!!

I was in SS2 when the 2009 agreement was signed. I wrote my WASSCE in 2010. I have concluded my BSC and I'm in the final lap of my MSC, and yet, ASUU has for the umpteenth time signed a MOA with the FG with respect to the 2009 agreement. An agreement that was reached when I was in SS2 is yet to be fully implemented while I'm rounding up my MSC, and ASUU, a body of intellectuals, is still signing agreements with a government that is notorious for not keeping to their side of the bargain? This is as ridiculous as anything.

I had hoped that this strike will be a comprehensive strike that will bring an end to the FG's nauseating attitude of not keeping to agreements but I'm disappointed.

ASUU has failed to get it right, and I bet you, that the agreement that has been signed today will be the reason for the next industrial action in 10 months' time.

THAT STRIKE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED!!!

We do not know the next Sheriff that will run the affairs of this Nation. Our politicians are good at throwing blames. The new government that will come (if the current government loses at the polls) may resort to blaming the previous government for signing an agreement that it was not capable of keeping. They MAY blame the "past" government for leaving an empty treasury, and then, as is the custom, the strike will begin all over again.

I can bet a thousand ripe yams that a student currently in his first year will begin his PHD and ASUU will still be battling with the FG over the 2009 agreement.

LAW 15 of the 48 LAWS of Power states - CRUSH YOUR ENEMY TOTALLY!!! More is lost through stopping halfway!!!

These are the words of Peter Tosh...

Re: My Thoughts On The Recently Signed Agreement Between Fg & ASUU by sirpekun: 9:55pm On Feb 07, 2019
BREAKING – ASUU Calls Off Three-Month-Old Strike After Agreeing Deal With FG. Check out https:///2DhhXnr to read more

AskProf:

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Recently Signed Agreement Between Fg & ASUU by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 07, 2019
AskProf:

Well, is that poetry? I really don't understand poetry if it is.
Re: My Thoughts On The Recently Signed Agreement Between Fg & ASUU by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2019
Zangazanga:
But who are u
I am a Nigerian! By profession, I'm a freelancer (Fiverr) and Self-Publisher (Kindle Direct Publishing). Academically, I'm an MSc student (Cardiovascular Physiology).
Re: My Thoughts On The Recently Signed Agreement Between Fg & ASUU by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 07, 2019
freemanbubble:
Okay.

Thanks
Re: My Thoughts On The Recently Signed Agreement Between Fg & ASUU by Joshmodest(m): 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2019
I feel you bro..... it's better to die the die once...than keep putting yourself on a life support machine, knowing you'll still die soon....
ASUU will still strike again next year , on the basis of FG refusal to still sign the same agreement....why should we resume knowing , we could still face this problem again....it would have been better to fight till the end..what exactly is the essence of the prolonged strike....if they'll just chicken out like they've always done....

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Recently Signed Agreement Between Fg & ASUU by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2019
Joshmodest:
I feel you bro..... it's better to die the die once...than keep putting yourself on a life support machine, knowing you'll still die soon....
ASUU will still strike again next year , on the basis of FG refusal to still sign the same agreement....why should we resume knowing , we could still face this problem again....it would have been better to fight till the end..what exactly is the essence of the prolonged strike....if they'll just chicken out like they've always done....
Bro, I only pity the Graduate assistants and the other lecturers at the lower cadre. Too bad!!! But believe me, there will be another strike in no distant time. Anyways, make I go do my thesis commot for school.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Repeated Questions: Likely Jamb Questions And Answers / 2017 NTI Pgde Students, Let's Report NTI To Icpc / Help! My Supervisor Is Frustrating My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.