Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,083 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Book Of The Month: Oil On Water By Helon Habila - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Book Of The Month: Oil On Water By Helon Habila (2251 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / Helon Habila Leads Fidelity Bank International Creative Writing Workshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Book Of The Month: Oil On Water By Helon Habila by Agibecky: 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2010
My Book of the Month is "Oil on Water" by Helon Habila.

Oil on Water by Helon Habila

From the desks of Nigeria?s newsrooms, two journalists are recruited to find the kidnapped wife of a British oil engineer. Zaq, an infamous media hack, knows what?s in store, but Rufus, a keen young journalist eager to get himself noticed, has no idea what he?s let himself in for. Journeying into the oil-rich regions of South Africa, where militants rule and the currency dealt in is the lives of hostages, Rufus soon finds himself acting as intermediary between editor, husband, captive and soldier. As he follows the trail of the missing woman, the love for the story becomes about much more than just uncovering her whereabouts, and instead becomes a mission to seek out and expose the truth. In a cruel twist of fate, Rufus finds himself taking on Zaq's role much more literally than he ever anticipated, and in the midst of a seemingly endless, harrowing war, he learns that truth can often be a bitter pill to swallow . . .

More on https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-461728.0.html

Re: Book Of The Month: Oil On Water By Helon Habila by MyneWhite1(f): 11:23pm On Aug 22, 2010
Have you read the book Agibecky? And what do you think? I'm waiting for it to be released in the US.
Re: Book Of The Month: Oil On Water By Helon Habila by Agibecky: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2010
Myne White:

Have you read the book Agibecky? And what do you think? I'm waiting for it to be released in the US.

I am reading it.

I want others to join me by ordering for a copy from Amazon UK and read it.

Is your own novel at Glendora Bookshops in Lagos?
Re: Book Of The Month: Oil On Water By Helon Habila by MyneWhite1(f): 7:12am On Aug 26, 2010
Agibecky:

I am reading it.

I want others to join me by ordering for a copy from Amazon UK and read it.

Is your own novel at Glendora Bookshops in Lagos?

Glendora has some copies I think but it is surely with Silverbird or Walahi.
Re: Book Of The Month: Oil On Water By Helon Habila by Agibecky: 10:42am On Aug 26, 2010
Alright.
Re: Book Of The Month: Oil On Water By Helon Habila by Gabrendo(m): 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Agibecky:
My Book of the Month is "Oil on Water" by Helon Habila.

Oil on Water by Helon Habila

From the desks of Nigeria?s newsrooms, two journalists are recruited to find the kidnapped wife of a British oil engineer. Zaq, an infamous media hack, knows what?s in store, but Rufus, a keen young journalist eager to get himself noticed, has no idea what he?s let himself in for. Journeying into the oil-rich regions of South Africa, where militants rule and the currency dealt in is the lives of hostages, Rufus soon finds himself acting as intermediary between editor, husband, captive and soldier. As he follows the trail of the missing woman, the love for the story becomes about much more than just uncovering her whereabouts, and instead becomes a mission to seek out and expose the truth. In a cruel twist of fate, Rufus finds himself taking on Zaq's role much more literally than he ever anticipated, and in the midst of a seemingly endless, harrowing war, he learns that truth can often be a bitter pill to swallow . . .

More on https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-461728.0.html

South Africa?

(1) (Reply)

A Long Evening (tales Of An Unfaithful Wife) / Sparkling clean Tokunbo 2008 Infiniti Fx35: N8.5m Negotiable / Must Read: My Dirty Friend Cynthia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.