Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage (27012 Views)

Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic) / Emiliano Sala: Body Found In Plane Wreckage! (Photo & Video) / Photos Of The Pilot And The Plane Missing With Emiliano Sala Of Cardiff City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by oluchisimfred: 6:49am On Feb 08, 2019
The police has confirmed that Argentine player, Emiliano Sala's body was recovered from a plane in the English Channel. The announcement was made on Thursday evening after a coroner's examination of the body, which was recovered from the seabed wreckage of the plane on Wednesday.

Though ivestigators have not been able to recover the aircraft after an initial search and rescue operation failed , however Dorset police confirmed that Sala's body was recovered from the plane wreckage. 

“The body brought to Portland Port today has been formally identified by HM Coroner for Dorset as that of professional footballer Emiliano Sala,” Dorset Police said in a statement.

“The families of Mr. Sala and the pilot David Ibbotson have been updated with this news and will continue to be supported by specially-trained family liaison officers. Our thoughts remain with them at this difficult time.”

Recall that the  Piper Malibu aircraft disappeared with Sala and pilot David Ibbotson on board on January 21 , with the 28-year-old en route to Cardiff from having completed a club-record transfer from Ligue 1 side Nantes.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/02/08/police-confirm-salas-body-recovered-from-plane-wreckage/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by StupidInyamiri: 6:50am On Feb 08, 2019
RIP
As we move closer and closer to election day, I must lend a philosophical thought to our future as a nation. I am going to address the issues the opposing voices have against PMB/PYO's govt.
There is hunger in the land:
I refuse to accept this as a statement of fact. What I know has happened is this: We as a nation are being weaned (taking a baby off milk) off our excesses, but we are refusing to change our wasteful ways. There is scarcity of money but not hunger

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by Naijawebmaster: 11:29am On Feb 08, 2019
RIP bro. What will matter now are the best moments and memories you created for your fans and the world. What will matter isn't how tall or fair or rich or handsome you were but your contribution to make our world a better place.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by chukwugoziegi: 11:29am On Feb 08, 2019
Damn! Our fears have finally been confirmed. So sad!

12 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by Pabloosas(m): 11:29am On Feb 08, 2019
shocked
Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by Blinkers: 11:30am On Feb 08, 2019
StupidInyamiri:
RIP
As we move closer and closer to election day, I must lend a philosophical thought to our future as a nation. I am going to address the issues the opposing voices have against PMB/PYO's govt.
There is hunger in the land:
I refuse to accept this as a statement of fact. What I know has happened is this: We as a nation are being weaned (taking a baby off milk) off our excesses, but we are refusing to change our wasteful ways. There is scarcity of money but not hunger

cool

Dude, don't deceive yourself.

Nigeria's democracy has been dutifully designed in a way not to work for the masses who are often too stupid and cowardly to recognize this.

Buhari and Atiku can't. The heavy monetization of the primaries and the elections says a lot.

Only a foo.l will expect a politician who bought a politician who bought his party nomination form form for 30 million naira and above to perform.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by Pojomojo: 11:30am On Feb 08, 2019
smiley

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by Nwaohafia1: 11:30am On Feb 08, 2019
Whites can never leave any job undone.

21 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by 9jayes: 11:30am On Feb 08, 2019
We can only see this kinda job done in Lagos, Ambode really try if jump into lagoon you will be recovered alive. I joined PDP when Ambode was denied the second term ticket now I'm Atikulating...

4 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by Dansioligy: 11:30am On Feb 08, 2019
God know best. This guy no enjoy Europe moni. Chaaiiiii... Ewoh
Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by BackToLife: 11:31am On Feb 08, 2019

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by stevio(m): 11:31am On Feb 08, 2019
I pray that God gives the late players family the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss. He was taken in his prime sad very pathetic angry

2 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by Beremx(f): 11:31am On Feb 08, 2019
Oh Jesus!!

Rest in peace handsome
Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by 1miccza: 11:32am On Feb 08, 2019
Hmmm so sad!!!!
Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by Naughtytboy: 11:32am On Feb 08, 2019
This is what we call a country
Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by hucienda: 11:32am On Feb 08, 2019
This would bring some measure of consolation.

Commiserations to the Sala family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by SenorMcSlyl(m): 11:32am On Feb 08, 2019
So sad... RIP.
God hold the families at this point in time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by goldenarrow: 11:33am On Feb 08, 2019
May such not be our portion in Jesus' name. Amen. RIP Sala.
Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by Xcelinteriors(f): 11:33am On Feb 08, 2019
May his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by midehi2(f): 11:33am On Feb 08, 2019
shocked
Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by nanakgh(m): 11:33am On Feb 08, 2019
Rest on in greatness, Emiliano. Billions of people will live longer than you but will never make the impact you made. Not about how long you lived but how well.

7 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 08, 2019
hucienda:
This would bring some measure of consolation.

Commiserations to the Sala family.
Yes but its a bad news for cardiff,they are not ready to pay the 15 million till the body is confirmed

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by SEGLIZ: 11:34am On Feb 08, 2019
what about the pilot, is he not yet found?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by Raydos: 11:34am On Feb 08, 2019
I can't imagine the thought running through his mind the moment the plane was going down!

11 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by Ogooluwa007(m): 11:34am On Feb 08, 2019
Nwaohafia1:
Whites can never leave any job undone.
Yes they did...... France and England FA suspended the search before funds were gathered by benefactors to continue the search. Don't make it look as if Blacks don't care.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by bigandbold: 11:34am On Feb 08, 2019
RIP SALA......... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Police Confirm Emiliano Sala's Body Recovered From Plane Wreckage by adekalumichael: 11:36am On Feb 08, 2019
So sad it ended this way. RIP Sala

Join other non-lazy youths to learn how to do design for M&E companies. Available training are HVAC, electrical, fire fighting and plumbing including Revit MEP. Check siggy for more details.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / Owners Of Top Betting Company In Nigeria / Solskjaer Warned Ronaldo Won’t Play Every Game For Man United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.