Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman (8545 Views)

INEC Apologises Over Drunk Returning Officer / INEC Removes Plateau Returning Officer For Crazy Behaviour / Election Rigging In Kano Busted! Returning Officer Exposes Irregularities, Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by ijustdey: 8:02am On Feb 08, 2019
Mahmood Yakubu, chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has vowed not to share his role as returning officer of the presidential elections with anyone.

Yakubu said this on Thursday during an interactive meeting with Catholic Bishops in Abuja.

He was speaking in reaction to comments still trailing the appointment of Amina Zakari who is reportedly related to President Muhammadu Buhari as the head of the committee on collation centre.

Zakari’s appointment was misconstrued in some quarters to mean she would be involved in the collation process.

Yakubu, however, said he remains the only returning officer who would announce results for the presidential election.

“The chairman of INEC is the chief returning officer for the presidential election and I am not going to share that responsibility with anyone,” he said.

He also urged Nigerians to always draw the attention of the commission to any infraction in the national voter register for rectification

Yakubu said: “We have been doing so consistently. After the last one, we received only a few comments from the states, I think 48,000 out of 84 million registered voters.

“Part of the difficulty is that we are very careful if someone says that one person is dead, because of the experience the commission had in 2015.

“We received a letter from one particular political party that a candidate was dead and they submitted a death certificate obtained from a government hospital. They also went to court, swore to an affidavit and his family also attested to the fact that the candidate was dead. They filed all these documents at the commission. A week later, the supposedly dead candidate turned up and said he was alive.”

https://www.thecable.ng/inec-chairman-i-wont-share-my-returning-officer-role-with-anyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:04am On Feb 08, 2019
Keep up the good work you are doing INEC.

Sane, good , honest and hardworking Nigerians BELIEVE so much in you.

God bless Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by Racoon(m): 8:04am On Feb 08, 2019
The U.S through its ambassador to Nigeria, Stuart Symington, warned officials not to obey illegal directives issued in Buhari’s name.
https://unclesuru.com/2019/02/08/election-dont-obey-illegal-directives-issued-in-buharis-name-u-s-cautions-officials/

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by Justfunkira(m): 8:05am On Feb 08, 2019
Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by shyvicky: 8:05am On Feb 08, 2019
wahala Don the enter their campooo, Atiku Don win this election, I swear....

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by dante0147: 8:05am On Feb 08, 2019
Lol
Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by Cletus77(m): 8:06am On Feb 08, 2019
Whatever anyone is planning to subvert the will of God In our lives..they shall not succeed.
Can I hear a thunderous amen?

15 Likes

Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by mckoy30: 8:06am On Feb 08, 2019
we hear you
Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 08, 2019
Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by ainas247: 8:06am On Feb 08, 2019
cheesy all na wash

Rank your business on Google and get more clients check my profile to see new results

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by fasho01(m): 8:06am On Feb 08, 2019
Ogbeni, the only vow we need from you is a free and credible elections cos that's the only hope we have to send that docile lifeless tyrant back to his gay cows in daura so as to Get Nigeria Working Again

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by Foolishbuhari: 8:07am On Feb 08, 2019
Baba please do something about allegations of people being disenfranchised.

Your staff are colluding with politicians to with hold eligible voters pvc so they don't vote against them, or buy it out rightly to rig elections

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by hisexcellency34: 8:09am On Feb 08, 2019
He said this openly but will go and prostrate and beg the woman behind closed doors. Anuofia

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by Built2last: 8:09am On Feb 08, 2019
Okay
Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by Mowoe(m): 8:11am On Feb 08, 2019
My own now is for Saturday 16th to just come and pass! I'm tired of all the Pre-Election drama. If Buhari wins, good for him and his cabal; if Atiku wins, good for Nigerians. Any which way, I can't kill myself and y'all shouldn't too.

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by iammo(m): 8:14am On Feb 08, 2019
PDP. will still complain
Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by derok4057: 8:14am On Feb 08, 2019
Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by EdoBoyJazzie: 8:14am On Feb 08, 2019
No one trust this man. He is as fake as APC.
Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by StupidInyamiri: 8:16am On Feb 08, 2019
I have Not committed Any Crime Being Nigerian. I’m a loyal tax paying Citizen who has chosen productivity as my contribution to Nigeria! I don’t deserve Atiku leadership & I shall Resist such with my Vote.
Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by Cherrybae(f): 8:18am On Feb 08, 2019
The best INEC chairman I have ever seen. A man of honour and integrity.

Ride on sir, you have our back
Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by unity004(m): 8:20am On Feb 08, 2019
grin stupid man, bt u fit share am with buhari sis. whu knw weyti una they do behind the scene?
Re: I Won’t Share My Returning Officer Role With Anyone - INEC Chairman by wordcom: 8:21am On Feb 08, 2019
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Scam Statistics From NBS / Northerners Flee Anambra Over Fear Of Reprisal! / 44 Projects Approved For Niger Delta Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.