Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,288 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation (11245 Views)

We’re Only Able To Transmit 8,100MW Of 13,000MW Generated Electricity - TCN / Fire Guts TCN Substation, Throws Oyo, Ogun, Osun Into Blackout / We Have Secured N567bn To Deliver 20,000MW Electricity – TCN Boss Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by breezeng: 9:05am On Feb 08, 2019
They are doing there jobs. Afterall the was done by our money not Buhari money
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by 0koyeeboz: 9:05am On Feb 08, 2019
Corrinthians:
They'd still be angry about this. cheesy

Those people are cursed with the spirit of wailing and sorrow

3 Likes

Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by 0koyeeboz: 9:07am On Feb 08, 2019
breezeng:
They are doing there jobs. Afterall the was done by our money not Buhari money

Their, not there.

After building substations, they would build schools so that you'll stop disgracing yourself online.

5 Likes

Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by americanson: 9:08am On Feb 08, 2019
wemimo2019:
will this give me constant light?
good quest. Just meager 24mw and they are jubilating... People who they have swore that poverty will never depart from the..
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by maydee87: 9:08am On Feb 08, 2019
Good one
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 08, 2019
AllenSpencer:
What else do you demand from a Buhari.

This guy has outrightly performed well. If PDP started at his pace, we can never be where we are today.

The man has tried.

Better option than the Atiku that's boasting about mortgaging our future in the name of privatization. Desperate to continue from where he stopped as a Vice President.

Buhari we never might appreciate today, but the future will write his name in platinum plaques. Even in as much as we condemn Babangida, what he achieved as an Head of State, Democracy has not achieved it since 1999.

#Facts
The guy didn't perform well because electricity generation is hovering around 3,000 plus. According to the President of Electricity Distribution Company, he asserted on his Christmas message on stv that this government had no generated electricity since they took over. Electricity hasn't improved in many states instead it has gotten worst.
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by omoharry(f): 9:10am On Feb 08, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Another initiative of the Jonathan govt
then you Applaud the APC govt for thier continuty policy which the PDP lack.I dont like the APC party for so many things but for their continuity of projects irrespective of the fact that it belong to a different party, they are better that PDP for that. PDP should learn from APC as regard to this continuity policy..if not for Buhari that lack the leaderships qualities and skils to lead Nigeri what business will i have with an Atiku from PDP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by hallowswit: 9:13am On Feb 08, 2019
One thing I love about this government is timely delivery. Their ruler said he thought the project would take 10 years. He was used to past failures and modus operandi.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by MyGeneration(m): 9:15am On Feb 08, 2019
asuustrike1:

Be specific in your area in PH instead of generalizing it
From rumuokoro/rumuodomaya/rukpokwu/eliozu axis most of our fridge be like oven if not for generators, it's so bad that a time phcn people came to our area for bill they were asking us first if our meters were bad coz it wasn't reading much, when they discovered it wasn't the meter, they just abandoned us to our fates. Sometimes in a month our phcn bill is not up to #500naira.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 08, 2019
MyGeneration:

From rumuokoro/rumuodomaya/rukpokwu/eliozu axis most of our fridge be like oven if not for generators, it's so bad that a time phcn people came to our area for bill they were asking us first if our meters were bad coz it wasn't reading much, when they discovered it wasn't the meter, they just abandoned us to our fates. Sometimes in a month our phcn bill is not up to #500naira.
Really bad. What did they say was responsible?
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by MyGeneration(m): 9:19am On Feb 08, 2019
asuustrike1:

Really bad. What did they say was responsible?
nothing they say na so them see am, how them go do
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by overall90: 9:20am On Feb 08, 2019
americanson:
good quest. Just meager 24mw and they are jubilating... People who they have swore that poverty will never depart from the..

the 24mw is the capacity,it does not mean that it is going to generate that as it is not a power station.
this is just a substation station(transformer) situated on some riverine community but they have to add offshore to make it look like they built something on the high seas.lols
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by adekalumichael: 9:24am On Feb 08, 2019
We hope there could be continuity in the power sector till everywhere in the country is lit up.

Join other non-lazy youths to learn how to do design for M&E companies. Available training are HVAC, electrical, fire fighting and plumbing including Revit MEP. Check siggy for more details.
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by Bukie07: 9:25am On Feb 08, 2019
Vacancy
Department: Information Systems and Technology
Tittle: Systems Support Technician

Duties:
Responsible for effective support provisioning, Installation/ configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
Provide technical support for client, both remotely and on site.
Conduct training for users.
Research on new products and services.

Qualification
Minimum BSc. Degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Information Technology/Systems or any other related courses.

Required Skills:
Strong Knowledge of computers and how they operate, which includes having a broad understanding of hardware and software operating systems and basic computer programmers.
Familiarity with electronic equipment, internet applications and security
Knowledge of Linux Operating System.
Any IT related certification will be added advantage.

Interested candidates not more than 26 years can send their Cvs to contactus@thecodecsystems.com.
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by bigpicture001: 9:27am On Feb 08, 2019
Parada:
Wailing Biafrans over to you, Ebele did it

Mumu...who created TCN..?
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by drlateef: 9:50am On Feb 08, 2019
I have been buying and stockpiling plenty of transformers for haters of Buhari. You will have your own transformer to hug after February 16. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 08, 2019
FukkaFuka:
grin

FukaFuka aka SingleWahala aka PhukaPhuka aka FukkaFuka.
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 08, 2019
FukkaFuka:
..... Una go BAN me TAYA grin grin grin

If them ban you, you no de wait make the ban expire before you rush open another moniker.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 08, 2019
OkaNaUbe:

If them ban you, you no de wait make the ban expire before you rush open another moniker.
..... I no dey WAIT , I am not a WAITRESS.
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by SavageMajor(m): 10:28am On Feb 08, 2019
I agree 100%
Corruption has eaten deep into This countey, to stop it will be hard
Omololu001:
In term of power supply, I will rate fashola 20/100.

He has totally failed, I don't understand why he can't give an order of "No prepaid meter no money should be paid to the discos". Estimated billing is the biggest bullshit I've ever heard in my life... How can private companies be cheating Nigerians yet the Federal government and the minister in charge is not taking a very strong step against it

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria, when we start coming out to protest madly like it's done in sane climes, then we will start seeing changes.

If it was in an European country the discos are trying this nonsense estimated billing there would have been a mad protest that will shake the government/country... Look at what happened in France smiley how can places where they hardly have light for up to 7 hours in a day be paying 10k in a month shocked is that not madness and some other people pay more than 10k.

When will Nigerians start fighting for their right?

1 Like

Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by seguntijan(m): 10:41am On Feb 08, 2019
On his part, Oba Abdulfatai Adisa, the royal majesty of Ilashe said: “I do not know that this will be possible.
Even after approving three hectare of land to them, I thought it will take 10 years when it started. “This is a good development to my community and we are thoroughly happy that we can finally see electricity in our homes.”

this caught my attention, PMB might be dull but I'll forever choose him over any PDP guys, it's all about SINCERITY of purpose and of course INTEGRITY to get this done
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by ollah2: 10:43am On Feb 08, 2019
Omololu001:

He has totally failed, I don't understand why he can't give an order of "No prepaid meter no money should be paid to the discos". Estimated billing is the biggest bullshit I've ever heard in my life... How can private companies be cheating Nigerians yet the Federal government and the minister in charge is not taking a very strong step against it

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria, when we start coming out to protest madly like it's done in sane climes, then we will start seeing changes.

If it was in an European country the discos are trying this nonsense estimated billing there would have been a mad protest that will shake the government/country... Look at what happened in France smiley how can places where they hardly have light for up to 7 hours in a day be paying 10k in a month shocked is that not madness and some other people pay more than 10k.

Well said. Nigerians are the worst, dumbest, most stupid, gullible set of people in the world. Even in better societies, people protest but not in Nigeria. 2019, Nigerians don't have 24 hours power supply, no good roads, no standard hospitals, etc.These are the things called basic amenities way back in social studies from primary school but Nigerians have accepted this low life and expecting a massiah to right the wrongs while abusing each other on social media. It's a shame

2 Likes

Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by greatman247(m): 11:12am On Feb 08, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Go solve your problems. After reading the project was awarded and started in 2017. I doubt if you even read, maybe it was the headline you read so i can't possibly blame you but i will still blame for too lazy to read the content.
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by lozanni(m): 11:37am On Feb 08, 2019
Parada:
Wailing Biafrans over to you, Ebele did it

Biafra kee you there. Even if a fellow zombie steals your money, you must link it to biafra.
Smh for your narrow mindset undecided
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by Frezhkid10(m): 11:52am On Feb 08, 2019
Omololu001:

....Am sure u lack information on how the system works..The discos are charged with the responsibility of providing metres to their customers in which they have accepted..but the cost of those metres are preventing them from distributing at once..They are doing it in batches..for example Ikedc are supplying metres in batches in which I am a beneficiary of one...
Re: Electricity: TCN Commissions First Offshore Substation by zoedew: 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2019
SalamRushdie:

If wishes were horses

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What? A Buhari Is Dead Rally In London! / NDPB: Buhari Appoints Olatunji Vincent As Pioneer National Commissioner / Soldiers Killed At Okuama Community To Be Buried On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.