Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates (61613 Views)

Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton / Gianna Bryant & 3 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash With Kobe / Super Eagles Midfielder, Joel Obi Escapes Death In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by MayorGold001(m): 7:08pm On Feb 08, 2019
odun360:
Nigeria international John Mikel Obi and his Middlesbrough teammates will be thanking their stars that their flight back to base after their FA Cup match against Newport on Tuesday night had to be called off.

The squad and backroom staff were due to fly back to Teesside but engine failure in their aircraft stopped them leaving the ground.

They had to call back the club coach which was already heading North. They eventually got back to Rockliffe at 7am on Wednesday.

Before arriving Newport for the match, the club’s flight was delayed for two hours due to bad weather.

The players were however given Wednesday off to recover and gather their thoughts ahead of their league match against Leeds United in the English Championship.

Club manager, Tony Pulis now wants his players to put the Newport debacle behind them and build on the hugely impressive 3-2 victory at West Brom last time out in the Championship.

Mikel who was not listed for the FA Cup tie against Newport which they lost is expected back in Boro’s starting line-up against Leeds on Saturday, in a potentially explosive game that could have a big bearing on their promotion.

www.reportminds.com/2019/02/nigeria-captain-mikel-escapes-plane_8.html?m=1
Thank God for life
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 08, 2019
Since Liverpool went top of the table, many bad things are happening.
.. Sala died in a plane crash.
..10 people died in flamengo stadium fire.
.. the lying pastor osibanjo had a plane crash
.... And now our own Mikel obi almost experience a plane crash.
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by MayorGold001(m): 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2019
Thank God for life
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by klever18(m): 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2019
The owner of this post escape motor accident,he did not drive his car due to bad road in Nigeria

Mumu op

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 08, 2019
Nostradamus:
Wait oo!! English soccer teams use flight for domestic games??didn't know they are as rich as that.i thought it's only American sports teams(notably basketball and American football teams) that have the money to get themselves a luxurious private jet just to use it to fly players and crew to games and back to the home city.
They fly planes with any little oppurtunity but yet Europeans will still come and lecture us about climate change when they are responsible for almost all the carbon
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by femi4: 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2019
Nostradamus:
Wait oo!! English soccer teams use flight for domestic games??didn't know they are as rich as that.i thought it's only American sports teams(notably basketball and American football teams) that have the money to get themselves a luxurious private jet just to use it to fly players and crew to games and back to the home city.
cave man....where were you when Amokachi bought a private jet while in Everton
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Sugarplum777(f): 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2019
RIP

So Mikel will not be playing for Chelsea again kiss

Join my signature cool
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by MacLovington(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2019
Thank God.
I would have thought Mikel is still good enough to play for midtable teams in EPL and top leagues in France, Holland, Germany, Belgium eye. Aside Bayern Munich and PSG.
Rushing to China wasn't a good idea after all. Unless he made plenty of pension Money there. It made him disappear from European football radar.
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by koyeni(m): 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2019
Tnk God

Check my signature if u need a good laptop
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2019
all we nigerians are voting buhari because of npower
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2019
sai buhari 100 percent in owerri imo state.our okechukwu buhari.we like him all the same.we dont care.

Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by itchie: 7:39pm On Feb 08, 2019
The igwe must here this angry
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by cosse(m): 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2019
7Alexander:
So OP, how exactly did they escape a crash when the plane didn't even leave the ground?

So much for sensationalism!
i just tire o....and pple dey comment
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by tunize(m): 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2019
7Alexander:
So OP, how exactly did they escape a crash when the plane didn't even leave the ground?

me tire oooh weitn nor dey motion dey crash?
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by SmartyPants(m): 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2019
Nostradamus:

That's a championship(2nd division) team for that matter
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Hoodbilonia: 8:48pm On Feb 08, 2019
Time for fottball stars to die by air
Nawa o
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Burgerlomo: 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2019
Thank God for his grace cool
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by oluwasegun007(m): 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2019
Abeg oooo not our own mpa ejima..
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Sammyolis: 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2019
Is god dat save them ooo
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by davecris(m): 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2019
7Alexander:

exactly my thought. Very senseless headline.
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Techknowng(m): 11:26pm On Feb 08, 2019
Join our whatsapp group for free 2-5 odds daily
By messaging 09033189413
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Sixaxis: 12:22am On Feb 09, 2019
Smily202:
Even Championship clubs uses flight for their domestic matches. England so rich with Human resources. Imagine population of Nigeria with our human strenght what we can achive if our compass is set in right direction.

True talk!
Respect man!!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Myself2(m): 3:38am On Feb 09, 2019
odun360:
Nigeria international John Mikel Obi and his Middlesbrough teammates will be thanking their stars that their flight back to base after their FA Cup match against Newport on Tuesday night had to be called off.

The squad and backroom staff were due to fly back to Teesside but engine failure in their aircraft stopped them leaving the ground.

They had to call back the club coach which was already heading North. They eventually got back to Rockliffe at 7am on Wednesday.

Before arriving Newport for the match, the club’s flight was delayed for two hours due to bad weather.

The players were however given Wednesday off to recover and gather their thoughts ahead of their league match against Leeds United in the English Championship.

Club manager, Tony Pulis now wants his players to put the Newport debacle behind them and build on the hugely impressive 3-2 victory at West Brom last time out in the Championship.

Mikel who was not listed for the FA Cup tie against Newport which they lost is expected back in Boro’s starting line-up against Leeds on Saturday, in a potentially explosive game that could have a big bearing on their promotion.

www.reportminds.com/2019/02/nigeria-captain-mikel-escapes-plane_8.html?m=1

So where did the plane now crash.
Nigerian bloggers and their alarmist fake news.
SINCE WHEN DID A FAULTY ENGINE OR EVEN ENGINE FAILURE AMOUNT TO PLANE CRASH ?
In fact he OP that took this sh!t fake news to the FP needs to be flogged
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Ayobami7(m): 9:38am On Feb 09, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Heroclitus(m): 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2019
Sugarplum777:
RIP
So Mikel will not be playing for Chelsea again kiss

Join my signature cool
I've tried joining ur signature but it isn't going thru
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by asawanathegreat(m): 9:55pm On Feb 09, 2019
Thank God for John Mikel obi
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Sugarplum777(f): 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2019
Heroclitus:

I've tried joining ur signature but it isn't going thru

Download telegram app to your device it will redirect you automatically cool

You can get telegram from Google Play Store or Apple Store
Re: Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates by Heroclitus(m): 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2019
Sugarplum777:

Download telegram app to your device it will redirect you automatically cool

You can get telegram from Google Play Store or Apple Store
Can't I drop my phone number so that u guys can add me to ur whatsapp group

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Harry Kane Weds Katie Goodland (photos) / Iran Women Attend First Football Match In 40 Years (Photos) / Anthony Joshua's Sister Shows Him Support After His Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.