Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,692 members, 7,805,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Apple To Pay Teenager Who Found Facetime Bug - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Apple To Pay Teenager Who Found Facetime Bug (979 Views)

Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details / I Have This Annoying Bug In Node Js For The Past 5 Days..help / If You Interested In Learning And Earning From Bug Bounty Hacking, Jump Right In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apple To Pay Teenager Who Found Facetime Bug by olioxx(m): 5:03pm On Feb 08, 2019
Apple has pledge to pay 14years old Grant Thompson for finding a bug that meant he could briefly eavesdrop on recipient to a group FaceTime call.
The reward comes as a security researcher refused to tell Apple about the bug because no bug bounty was on offer.
SOURCE:
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47169462
Re: Apple To Pay Teenager Who Found Facetime Bug by vezycash(m): 4:21pm On Feb 10, 2019
olioxx:
Apple has pledge to pay 14years old Grant Thompson for finding a bug that meant he could briefly eavesdrop on recipient to a group FaceTime call.
The reward comes as a security researcher refused to tell Apple about the bug because no bug bounty was on offer.
SOURCE:
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47169462

Hackers in the house. If you find a vulnerability do this.

First check if the company has a bug bounty program. If it does, feel free to tell em.

If they don't. Run for your life. Sell it in black markets, dark web or keep it to yourself. Why?

You could be arrested for embarrassing the company. Of course they wont say you embarrassed them.

They'll pile charges like computer wire fraud, hacking, disruption of service, unlawful access, data theft and will ask for millions in damages.

"But I'm an ethical hacker." Yeah. No. Hacker Na hacker once police is involved.

I once read about how a hacker hacked a "hitman for hire" site and found something alarming. He warned CIA about some deaths. He gave CIA EVERYTHING. They invited him, listened, thanked him and shelved the matter.

A little while later, same dude was arrested and almost imprisoned for murder that he warned CIA about.

In summary, for being a good Samaritan, you might face up to 25 years I'm jail. At this point, some niggas just kill themselves to end it all.

Don't say nobody warned you.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Can I Write A Computer Science Project Without Design And Implementation? / Who Is A Full-stack Developer And How To Become One Today- code360.com.ng / Please Pick A Back-end Programming Language For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.