Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit (37240 Views)

Jimi Agbaje To Tinubu: There’s A Limit To Hardship Nigerians Can Endure / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by wolexy14(m): 6:11pm On Feb 08, 2019
Lets compare lagos under apc and nigeria under pdp for 16yrs.......even devil know say apc tried compare to the electronic fraudstars

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by blackgold2018(m): 6:12pm On Feb 08, 2019
magicminister:
Lets give Jimi Agbaje a chance.
He has contested numerous times, lost numerous times but keeps pushing.
I admire that!
same with buhari.. then what happened. Trust me he is the main hypocrite. This man will still do the same or evn worse if given power.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by asawanathegreat(m): 6:13pm On Feb 08, 2019
Birds of a feather, oga your won't be different if elected
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by cgniyi(m): 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2019
Is it that they magically resolved the Apapa issue overnight or they merely diverted the traffic elsewhere till Bihari leaves?
I'm not an APC supporter, but the way these politicians manipulate information to suit their agenda dey amuse me.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by Mcadamson: 6:18pm On Feb 08, 2019
Agbaje!!! Where were you since 2015 after the gubernatorial election? You should have won yourself more followers had it been you started the criticism earlier enough.
You are not an astute political strategist for being a latecomer. The bane of those who failed is poor and late planning, rush hour syndrome.
It will be a breaking news if you win this election.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by abbey621(m): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2019
This man makes a lot of sense and knows the right words to use, I just have one question:

Mr. Agbaje you lost the election in 2015 and went incognito. You live and work in Apapa so you witnessed the gridlock everyday but remained silent. Why is it that the issue suddenly becomes priority once you are back in contention?

Any common man can see right through you that you are too soft for this job. You are less concerned about the residents of Apapa and more concerned about being governor. Go to advanced countries, the oposition never stays silent, even when they lose lose and lose, they make sure to keep the government on its toes. Face it Jimi, you are in the wrong party, in the wrong state and with the wrong resources to ever become governor, the sooner you realize this, the better.....Gba fun oga e!

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by wristbangle: 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2019
To be honest, he is saying the truth but PDP would not be different anyway
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by Soso990240(m): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2019
Agbaje my man.. let's talk about Kazuma plaza( d building behind Agbaje). That building na big for nothing.. just bold.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by calmbabadee(m): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2019
magicminister:
Lets give Jimi Agbaje a chance.
He has contested numerous times, lost numerous times but keeps pushing.
I admire that!

Let him push again in 2023

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by NEIGHBOUR(m): 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2019
So with all the 16 years looting by PDP, nobody could buy an open roof Jeep for Agbeje? The way he is hanging by the door is dangerous.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by cosse(m): 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2019
sureboykris:
Lagosians free yourselves from your shackles... Vote out APC......
Bleep u!!
Sanwo eko
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by chozzy: 6:34pm On Feb 08, 2019
dominique:
Very wicked and selfish of them. Come next week, all the trucks will return to the roads causing headache for motorists on that route.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by Amalekki: 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2019
Customer dada ni grin
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by HomeOfMe(f): 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2019
JKisOK:

The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Candidate for Lagos State, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, took his town hall meeting to his home constituency, Apapa, on Friday, saying, government’s clearing the area of its legendary traffic gridlock ahead of President Muhammadu Buhari’s Saturday visit was an act of hypocrisy and wickedness.

He accused authorities of paying deaf ears to residents and businesses suffering all this while, only to clear Apapa highways of heavy articulated vehicles because the President was paying a campaign visit to Lagos.

Agbaje, who lives and runs his pharmaceutical company in the famous port town of Apapa, promised that the area’s traffic logjam would become history under his reign.

According to Agbaje, the disappearance of the usual traffic standstill ahead of Buhari’s visit tomorrow meant that authorities were wicked and had only left residents and businesses to suffer deliberately.

“Have you noticed that there is no traffic jam in Apapa today?” Agbaje asked, when he addressed the audience at the OC Events Centre on Randle Road, where hundreds had gathered to engage him in the interactive town hall meeting.

“Yes!” the gathering shouted.

He asked: “Why? Because President Muhammadu Buhari is coming, isn’t it?”

“Yes!” came the response.

“It means that these people are wicked people. It means that they are hypocrites. They have refused to clear this traffic all this time, even when they knew they had the solution. So because President Muhammadu Buhari is coming tomorrow, they have cleared the traffic. So when he leaves, they will punish us again.

“We are saying that the traffic situation in Apapa becomes a priority. I am an Apapa person. I stay in Apapa. I work in Apapa. As Governor, I will ensure that this punishment will stop.”

“Amen!” the crowd screamed.

In continuation of his state-wide town hall meetings, Agbaje had arrived OC Events Centre, after a roadshow that wound through the streets, while members of his campaign team distributed branded gifts to hailing constituents.

Several party chieftains joined him in the session, including: PDP Candidate for Lagos State House of Assembly Apapa Constituency 1, Honourable Ede Celestine Ikechukwu, and his counterpart from Apapa Constituency 2, Honourable Olawale Ogunyinka.

The gathering comprised local representatives of: Baales and chiefs, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Muslim clerics, vulganiser association, mechanic association, artisans, parents-teachers’ association, non-indigenes and the business community.

Agbaje vowed that his government would spare no means to upgrade the standard of education in Lagos public schools.

He lamented: “It is unbelievable that in 21st Century Lagos, school students still sit on the ground to take lessons.”

However, he said his education policy would include the training of artisans, and bring them up to international modern standards in order to help them improve their skills, income and welfare.

Agbaje also had scathing words for the APC regime that he accused of withholding the licences of traditional rulers in order to force them to remain loyal.

His words: “Many of you Baales here today do not have your titles gazetted. And this they have deliberately done to serve as a rope they can pull anytime they want to blackmail and compel you to do what they want.”

However, he promised that things would change.

“Our style will be different. We shall accord the traditional institution its deserved honour and role. We shall not resort to arm-twisting in our relationship with our traditional rulers,” promised the PDP Candidate.

FELIX OBOAGWINA
DIRECTOR OF MEDIA AND PUBLICITY, JIMI AGBAJE CAMPAIGN ORGANISATION

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/hypocrites-and-wicked-people-agbaje-blasts-govt-for-clearing-apapa-gridlock-ahead-buhari-visit/
I hope the apc candidate's supportters won't start attacking Jimi's properties in the state including gtb.. Jimi should forget about Lagos for now untill godfatherism is dead and buried. Even if he miraculously gets more votes,they still won't announce him the winner. He should just gba kadara and know there's nothing for him in the present mafia Lagos.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by tollyboy5(m): 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2019
blackgold2018:
same with buhari.. then what happened. Trust me he is the main hypocrite. This man will still do the same or evn worse if given power.
So is it sanwo olu that would do better? undecided
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by jomoh: 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2019
dominique:
Very wicked and selfish of them. Come next week, all the trucks will return to the roads causing headache for motorists on that route.

So APC is to be blamed for the trucks trying to load containers from the port? So they should not load containers again when there’s no alternative?

And the government is building rail line as alternative, you’re saying useless.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by AmukuFord: 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2019
Uninstalling of Buhari 98%
Correct this pls
islandmoon:
i hear say dem abuse one buhari die hard fan say he dey behave like buhari and they guy vex

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by goslowgoslow(m): 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2019
All of you insulting APC here and supporting Agbje are either kids or don't know how Nigeria politician behave.
For those of you that live in PH, the refinery road in Eleme use to cause serious gridlock that will last till the following day or for so many hours but the road was quickly repaired when Madam Peace lost her mother and people were coming for the burial. This is just an example of how our politicians behave Agbaje inclusive, if PDP were to be on power the same thing will happen. So Agbaje should shut up and stop looking for cheap popularity. All Nigerian politicians are the same APC =PDP I only pity all of you supporting either of them and arguing blindly.

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by Hallenjay: 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2019
royalamour:
Sometimes things just happen unplanned.

I will host your website for free for the first year.

DM Open for business.
interest
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by dazzlingd(m): 7:28pm On Feb 08, 2019
thesicilian:
It's wicked indeed if they knew what to do all this while and refused to do it.
I may not be a fan of agbaje but u agree with him 100% on this

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by Eberex(m): 7:55pm On Feb 08, 2019
modernWays:
As if PDP wont do the same if in power.

Nonsense!

You are thinking with your anus
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by deebrain(m): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2019
I'm seriously pissed.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by oboy81: 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2019
fatymore:
their headache

My own headache is...Change that bed sheets you have been using since odun gboro...

patronise me for your durable and quality London cotton bedsheets and duvet and I promise you won't regret it.
"Their headache" really? undecided
Or whose Headache are you referring to
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by KunleyY19(m): 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2019
Dem don Open Leventis nw...
That's part of the reason .
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by lemmydap: 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2019
blackgold2018:

Can we have data or constructive excuses to back up your claim.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2019
stop weeping, tell your brother to improve customer service at his gt bank, people dont have to stand for hours to get services they pay for.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by DeMaestro1(m): 8:55pm On Feb 08, 2019
cgniyi:
Is it that they magically resolved the Apapa issue overnight or they merely diverted the traffic elsewhere till Bihari leaves?
I'm not an APC supporter, but the way these politicians manipulate information to suit their agenda dey amuse me.
God bless you.
They actually diverted the traffic elsewhere (Mushin - iyana isolo - Oshodi/Apapa expressway). One of the places they diverted the traffic through.
Ask anyone who commutes that axis and they would tell you about the sudden influx of containers and tankers on that axis right now.
Politicians just know how to manipulate information to suit them.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Blasts Government For Clearing Apapa Grid Ahead Of Buhari's Visit by gratefulheart(m): 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2019
Your hosting site?

royalamour:
Sometimes things just happen unplanned.

I will host your website for free for the first year.

DM Open for business.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet The Man Who Triggered The Bullet That Killed Tafawa Balewa / Adams Oshiomhole: Pain Of Rigging An Election Is Hard To Accept - PDP, FFK React / Anxiety In PDP Over Presidential Campaign In S/west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.