Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Spending 6 Years To Sturdy law Is Not Fair - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Spending 6 Years To Sturdy law Is Not Fair (530 Views)

Sylvester Oromoni: I Won’t Bury My Son Even If It Takes 30 Years To Get Justice / Nigerian Lady Celebrates After Studying For 11 Years To Become A Doctor / How I Paid Back LAUTECH Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spending 6 Years To Sturdy law Is Not Fair by pimper24: 10:14pm On Feb 08, 2019
The Nigerian system is such that certain practices are just there because thats the way they have been.
I have researched and asked questions about the justifications for spending 5 years in the university and another one year at the law school just to qualify as a practicing Lawyer. More over if you are delving into thee academia, you are expected to bag a masters degree just to start. Haha, ladies nko.
I don't think it's like this in other parts of the world. Talk of the UK and USA. I know that in the US system, the Juris Doctor is even way beyond a masters degree.
If you study Law for 3 years in the UK, you can come and spend just one year at the law school in Nigeria and you are qualified as the man that spent 6 years.
It also beats my imagination why the law school cannot be regarded as a degree awarding institution in a way that all those reading with tears (as I did during our days) will be on Masters degree . This way, you don't need a separate masters after Law school. I think the system here is wack.
Re: Spending 6 Years To Sturdy law Is Not Fair by economia1: 10:59pm On Feb 08, 2019
pimper24:
The Nigerian system is such that certain practices are just there because thats the way they have been.
I have researched and asked questions about the justifications for spending 5 years in the university and another one year at the law school just to qualify as a practicing Lawyer. More over if you are delving into thee academia, you are expected to bag a masters degree just to start. Haha, ladies nko.
I don't think it's like this in other parts of the world. Talk of the UK and USA. I know that in the US system, the Juris Doctor is even way beyond a masters degree.
If you study Law for 3 years in the UK, you can come and spend just one year at the law school in Nigeria and you are qualified as the man that spent 6 years.
It also beats my imagination why the law school cannot be regarded as a degree awarding institution in a way that all those reading with tears (as I did during our days) will be on Masters degree . This way, you don't need a separate masters after Law school. I think the system here is wack.
08157361329 pls WhatsApp me please
Re: Spending 6 Years To Sturdy law Is Not Fair by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 11:28pm On Feb 08, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Spending 6 Years To Sturdy law Is Not Fair by NNAMDIII(m): 2:20am On Feb 09, 2019
it's actually 5 years in my school
Re: Spending 6 Years To Sturdy law Is Not Fair by Damolux01(m): 10:39am On Feb 09, 2019
pimper24:
I'm sure foreign graduates of law are allowed to spend a year in law school? Studying law in U.K for example would really drill you well in the Nigerian law. I stand to be corrected though...But I definitely know most countries in Europe spend 3 years for law

(1) (Reply)

English, Mathematics, Science, Commercial, Art, Exam Prep & Adult Edu in Abuja / JAMB 2019 Reprinting Of Slip / Pls O!between Computer Science And Electronic Engr. Which One Is The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.