Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:46 PM

Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps (33811 Views)

Nigeria Security And Civil Defence Corps(nscdc) 2015/2016 Recruitment. / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Nigeria Civil Defence Corp Is Recruiting: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps by olugbenga4(m): 8:53am On Aug 22, 2010
[b]My Fellow nairaland,

Before I was recruited into NSCDC we were all here struggling for job, and since almighty God has answered my prayer(s) with support of you people, I have vowed to continue keeping you abreast of the latest both in NSCDC all other opportunities as i always did.

Join NSCDC here on facebook, to get updated informations.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigeria-Security-and-Civil-Defence-Corps/120225534694204

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigeria-Security-and-Civil-Defence-Corps/120225534694204

pls, after you join the forum, go through the page ask question and make suggestion and u will get quick answer to your request.

More so, incase you have interest to join NDLEA, check out the details of their recruitment exercise at: pls, check it out today, it is urgent

join the make access to all other information you needed.

I still remain my humble self

Gbenga.

Togetherness, we shall make it, because, Yoruba says Ajoje kodun, tenikan, Koba ni[/b]
Re: Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps by ReachRich(m): 9:29am On Aug 22, 2010
are they still recruiting for junior staff?
Re: Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps by olugbenga4(m): 9:49am On Aug 22, 2010
You can try your luck,

No impossibility with God.

Cheers
Re: Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps by OmoYewa1: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2010
A Salute to Civil Defence

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence (NSCDC) has metamorphosed from providing skeletal roles to an indispensable force in the provision of peace and security in Nigeria under the leadership of Dr. Ade Abolurin

It would take some recourse to history books for those who were born after the Nigerian civil war to grasp when the activities of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence (NSCDC) started in Nigeria. The Civil Defence which was formed in Nigeria on May 16, 1967 was an offshoot of the International Civil Defence Organisation (ICDO). The corps played a crucial role in bringing succour to the Nigerian civilian population during the Nigerian civil war.

Prior to 2003, its activities have been skeletal, unpronounced and without the force of law. Then in 2003, former President Olusegun Obasanjo signed the bill establishing it, and it was passed by the National Assembly into Law. Since then, the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps have been blazing some trails and shinning like a million stars as a result. They have been a veritable tool in the fight against economic sabotage by putting up spirited fights against both water and oil pipeline vandalization. Doggedly determined to flush out vandals from the system, the corps has made over 748 arrests across the nation and have sanitized and regularized the operations of private security companies.

Still on internal security, the NSCDC have shown competence and capability in instilling peace and security of lives and properties in both private and national events. In this regard, accolades have gone to the corps for the devotion, resolve and efficiency its members employ efficiently in monitoring elections and guarding against rigging and electoral violence. Professor Maurice Iwu, the chair of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), acknowledges that NSCDC’s collaboration with other security agencies was instrumental to the success of the recently concluded Anambra elections. Same goes with the FCT election.

It is interesting to note also that one of the major responsibilities apportioned to the Nigeria Civil Defence Corps by the Federal Government is to manage disaster. It is their duty to assist in the maintenance of peace and order and also in the protection and the rescuing of the civil populace during the period of emergency; to warn the civilian population ahead of danger; to evacuate civilian population from danger areas; carry out rescue operations and control blatant occasions; assist in the provision of emergency medical services; among other roles. Though no natural disasters yet, the NSCDC, it has been observed, has not failed in terms of quick response to accident victims, victims of fire outbreaks and collapsed buildings, casualties in riots and even victims of the several ethno-religious crises in the country.

Deserving attention for all the good efforts of the corps and the decant comportment of its members is the commandant General of NSCDC, Dr. Ade Abolurin: Dr. Abolurin has, no doubt, revolutionalised the corps. This he did through some awesome reforms. Since his appointment in 2005, Abolurin has employed visionary and inspirational leadership that were given application in the re-orientation and re-training programmes of his officers and men for improved efficiency. Also worthy of mention is his zeal for the job. From the state to the local government commands of the corps, Dr. Abolurin’s joy in the efficiency of the performance of his officers and men is demonstrated by his drive for adequate logistical provision for their job. For tracking of vandals, over 2,000 motorbikes have been released for this purpose by the Abolurin leadership. Abolurin’s leadership has also witnessed increased co-operation of the NSCDC with other security agents for a common goal. For better service delivery, accountability and transparency, and good election monitoring, Abolurin to the great delight of many, established Servicom, ICPC, INEC, Budgeting and Environmental Units.

The medical unit has also been equipped sufficiently to provide first aid to people that need it at any time, while the disaster unit for the first time, is now airborne to respond to any form of emergency head-long. Yet Abolurin has ensured that there exists today, a vibrant public relations department in the corps, which has optimally boosted the image of the corps both locally and internationally.
Re: Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 10, 2014
Wen is nscdc recruiting again
Re: Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps by royalicon(m): 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
Nice idea. Thank OP.
Re: Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps by darm2009: 9:35pm On May 28, 2015
Please any update about 2015 NSCDC replacement please I need an urgent reply thanks
Re: Still On Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps by bigl: 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
darm2009:
Please any update about 2015 NSCDC replacement please I need an urgent reply thanks

Read this thread cos I can't repost my response here again: https://www.nairaland.com/1999960/nigeria-security-civil-defence-corps

(1) (Reply)

Globacom Customer Care Interview Invitation. / Seplat Graduate Trainee Invitation / Ogun State Releases First Batch Of Shortlisted Employment Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.