Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Why JAMB May Not Extend Registration – Board Chairman - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why JAMB May Not Extend Registration – Board Chairman (528 Views)

JAMB To Extend Registration Deadline As Candidates Grapple With Difficulties / JAMB May Cancel Half Of 2019 UTME Results In Some States Over Cheating — PT / Official JAMB Malpractice List - Reasons Why JAMB Will Seize Your Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why JAMB May Not Extend Registration – Board Chairman by Yelakem737(f): 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2019
The Governing Board Chairman, Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Dr Emmanuel Ndukwe has revealed that the examination body may not extend the registration for prospective candidates willing to write the 2019 examination.

Ndukwe made the disclosure after conducting unscheduled visits to selected JAMB accredited Computer Based Test (CBT) Centres in Lagos.

According to the JAMB Governing Board Chairman, from his observations, the registration of the prospective candidates have so far been seamless and with little or no reported cases of hiccups that may necessitate postponement of the registration period.

“I am indeed impressed with what I have been able to see regarding registration of candidates for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). It is seamless and we are happy. What I have seen today has confirm that Prof. Oloyede and his technical team were very right to ban cyber cafes.

“I have interacted with the candidates; they are all happy and satisfied. I must express the satisfaction of the board. How it was last year is not how it is this year, and it will be better next year,” Ndukwe said.

Responding to a question on a possible postponement, the Governing Board Chairman said, ” I don’t foresee an extension. We have to stick to the date we have given to the public. If we start thinking about extension, it doesn’t portray our seriousness. In some of the places we visited, they had many systems but few candidates. Let the candidates out there be mindful of the examination dates. I don’t foresee any extension of dates.”

At the Ha-Shem Academy centre, Iwaya, Lagos, Centre Manager, Marie Akpenyi explained that there has not been any serious challenge with the registration process. She said the prospective candidates have been cooperative on supplying required information. She also explained that the prospective candidates have not been unnecessarily charged.

“Having registered and obtained their pins in banks, we collect the N700 administrative fees. They are expected to have paid the examination fees and bank charge is N4000,” Akpenyi said.

The monitoring team later proceeded to CBT centres at the FCE Technical Akoka and the Electronic Test Centre (eTC), Anthony, Lagos.

https://yelakem.com/why-jamb-may-not-extend-registration-board-chairman/18536/

Re: Why JAMB May Not Extend Registration – Board Chairman by Chepos1(m): 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2019
Re: Why JAMB May Not Extend Registration – Board Chairman by otokx(m): 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2019
They will still extend it.
Re: Why JAMB May Not Extend Registration – Board Chairman by sundayoga(m): 9:29pm On Feb 09, 2019
Extension is sure
Re: Why JAMB May Not Extend Registration – Board Chairman by TeeZinnas: 10:15pm On Feb 09, 2019
Bikonu Jamb....lemme hear word
nahso wuna talk last year

(1) (Reply)

Can I Apply for a Masters in Guidance and Counseling with B.sc in Sociology? / Waec 2019 Help Room / Top 10 List Student Entrepreneurs In The Federal Polytechnic Bida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.