Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,848 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. (605 Views)

The Incredible God: Dry Bones Must Live Again - Odm / Ezekiel's Valley Of Dry Bones: The True Meaning / Dry Bones Shall Live Again – Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 11:16am On Feb 10, 2019
Ezekiel 37:1-14 (KJV)

The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.

And he said unto me,

Son of man, can these bones live?

And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.

Again he said unto me,

Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.

Then said he unto me,

Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

Then he said unto me,

Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Now the very dry bones in this vision given to prophet Ezekiel by God was an illustration of the state of the nation of Israel, for it was likened to that of those very dry bones, and therefore one that appeared hopeless to men.

Hence the question posed to His prophet Ezekiel, "Can these bones live?"

And he chose the safer option of answering "only you know".

And his safe answer as was reflective of the extent of hopelessness of the situation of the dry bones in his sight, for it appeared so impossible for it to be reversed.

Though It's easier to say now in hindsight but maybe a better answer to that question would have been in the respect of the Person who posed the question to Him, for it was not man that ask him that question, but God.

So in that sense it ought to have been "yeah Lord"!

For the things that are impossible with men are possible with God, for with God nothing shall be impossible.

Now I come to Nigeria, although her situation is not as hopeless as that of the very dry bones of the people of Israel, but yet it is a hopeless situation to many Nigerians, and many have already given up on the nation ever becoming the nation of their dreams and getting back to what it used to be, hence making it to an extent of a dry bones situation.

So now I want to pose the same question to Nigerians in the respect of God who asked Ezekiel the question,

Can these dry bones live?
Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 10, 2019
Can they?
Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 11, 2019
With God those very dry bones can live again.
Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 11, 2019
God is able!
Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by CodeTemplar: 6:06pm On Feb 11, 2019
Prophecy . . . and he did just that ... and dry bones became an exceedingly strong army.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 11, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Prophecy . . . and he did just that ... and dry bones became an exceedingly strong army.
Yeah! they certainly did, according to the Word of the Lord.
Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 12, 2019
Now while the vision of the dry bones was given as an illustration of the hopeless state of the nation of Israel, at the time, I don't believe that the purpose of God giving that vision to His prophet Ezekiel was only meant to be an illustration of what He was able to do to dry bones in figurative sense.

For i believe that whatever happened there in the vision of prophet Ezekiel, was also possible in the literal sense. For God was able to make all those very dry bones even as they in the vision He gave to Ezekiel to live in as He did in the vision also in the literal sense.

For God is also able to literally make very dry bones to live again.

Hence I ask the question, has any man in history ever used such an ability of God to make very dry bones resurrect and live again even in the literal sense?
Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 12, 2019
Has any?
Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 13, 2019
Yes a man has been able to literally raise a dry bone before with God.

So the next question is who is it?
Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 14, 2019
Jesus was a man that had literally raised dry bones from the grave, though it wasn't when He was alive but via His death, as it was said:

Matthew 27:50-53 (KJV)

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 15, 2019
So a man has literally raised dry bones up from the dead before.

So when God gave Ezekiel that vision it wasn't just meant to be an illustration of what He could do concerning the people of Israel, but also what He could literally do.

So question is, can you do the same, and literally raise dry bones from the dead?
Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 16, 2019
Despite coming at a time when the works of God was at its lowest ebb, and when many are consequently questioning the existence of God, yes, it's possible for you to be able to raise a dry bones up as Jesus did.

For Jesus said:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John 14:12(KJV)

For all the works that Jesus did while He was on Earth, Jesus said that anyone that believed in Him would be able to do it, and even greater works.

And the reason why they would be able to do greater than those works that Jesus Himself did at that point in time, was because while He was on earth, His hands were tied, as He couldn't be able to do all the extent of works that He was able to do, because if He did so, it would be hard for the people not to believe that He was the Son of God, and the promised messiah, and hence want to be the ones to mastermind His death.

For even just the works of feeding the crowd with a few loafs of bread and fishes alone and this was what happened:

John 6:14-15 (KJV)

Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world.
When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.

So imagine that that Jesus had raised the dry bones during the course of His ministry on Earth, that would have put paid any plans for Him to yet die on the cross for humanity.

Therefore that was why He couldn't show at the time the full extent of works which He was able to do(except at His death), but said to His disciples that greater works than those which He did shall they do, because He was going to the Father, as the disciples had no such restrictions as that of Jesus.

So if that be the case, the next question would be, why then does it hardly happen that people are able to even match those works which Jesus did while on Earth, needless say do greater works?

The problem lies with the interpretation of the requirement, which is "He that believeth in me", for that is where virtually all those of the church inclusive of its leaders get it wrong.

For they interpret it to mean something else from what Jesus meant when He said that. For Jesus actually meant "he that keeps my Words", and not whatever else they think He meant.

So that's why they are not able to do likewise not to even talk of surpassing His Works.

Therefore it's not a question of if you can raise a dry bones up from the dead as Jesus did via His death, for you definitely can, but if you are willing to meet the requirement to be able to do so?

The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master. Luke 6:40(KJV)
Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 17, 2019
Yes you can but....
Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 18, 2019
It's possible with the obedience of the Words of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but.. by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 19, 2019
By the Spirit of God

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Coza Pastor Fatoyinbo: Before You Embark On Your Proposed Protest On Sunday / The Mystery Of Vanity / University Education For Jehovah's Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.