Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Will Religion One Day Become History? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Religion One Day Become History? (5603 Views)

We Need A Christian Forum (instead Of A 'religion' One) Like The Islam Forum / 100 Years From Now ! You Become History. / If You.Are To Spend One Day With One Bible Character, Who Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by LordReed(m): 8:24am On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
And you've forgotten that each person has the right to decide that,NOT someone else making such decision for them! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Reality or not each person has the sole right to CHOOSE how they will think and live their lives,whoever thinks some ideas are BAD or TERRIBLE shouldn't force his/her resolve on others! undecided undecided undecided
Mind controlling begins with "trying to navigate the thoughts in the minds of another supposed intelligent creature"
So atheists should wait for those trying to suggest how others should think and teach them as in use such opportunity to educate them. Moreover i've noticed a lot of posts from atheists saying things that's not REAL for example saying they "ASTRA TRAVELLED" into the past about 40 billion years ago! Yet this same people are claiming what others assert is not REAL. embarassed embarassed embarassed

You are just making straw men left, right and centre. Where did any atheist here force you to do anything? If you want to suspend your critical thinking faculties in other to believe and live by fairy tales has anybody put a gun to your head and told you to do otherwise?

Astra travelled? 40 billion years ago? I think you are hallucinating because nobody here I know of has claimed any such thing. You must have a case of the holy smokes. LMAO!
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 13, 2019
LordReed:

You are just making straw men left, right and centre. Where did any atheist here force you to do anything? If you want to suspend your critical thinking faculties in other to believe and live by fairy tales has anybody put a gun to your head and told you to do otherwise?

Astra travelled? 40 billion years ago? I think you are hallucinating because nobody here I know of has claimed any such thing. You must have a case of the holy smokes. LMAO!
You must be a newcomer on NL walahi. Where is Otemsapien,Otematum,Otemamundo and others to come and teach this newly converted atheist on how to ASTRA TRAVEL to 40 billion years ago,talking to people who lived in the most ancient worlds before our own era? cheesy cheesy cheesy
My friend,it's obvious you're a new convert in ATHEISM or THEISM whatever your folks call themselves! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by LordReed(m): 9:15am On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
You must be a newcomer on NL walahi. Where is Otemsapien,Otematum,Otemamundo and others to come and teach this newly converted atheist on how to ASTRA TRAVEL to 40 billion years ago,talking to people who lived in the most ancient worlds before our own era? cheesy cheesy cheesy
My friend,it's obvious you're a new convert in ATHEISM or THEISM whatever your folks call themselves! cheesy cheesy cheesy

How is Otem an atheist if he/she believes in a god? CHAI see suspension of thinking.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 13, 2019
LordReed:

How is Otem an atheist if he/she believes in a god? CHAI see suspension of thinking.
Good! So to which group do they belong,since they're also againt MIND CONTROLLING?
Because throughout all their posts these guys were claiming atheists that believes each person is a GOD on his/her own, re~incanating from past life! cheesy cheesy cheesy
If i say some religious people claiming Christians have NOTHING to do with Christ you'll start mixing everything together saying "they're Christians" now see the reality of SUSPENSION OF THINKING! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by LordReed(m): 10:18am On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
Good! So to which group do they belong,since they're also againt MIND CONTROLLING?
Because throughout all their posts these guys were claiming atheists that believes each person is a GOD on his/her own, re~incanating from past life! cheesy cheesy cheesy
If i say some religious people claiming Christians have NOTHING to do with Christ you'll start mixing everything together saying "they're Christians" now see the reality of SUSPENSION OF THINKING! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Remember when you said I should tell you when you start talking off point? You are doing it here. Where does anything you wrote correlate with what I wrote?
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:58am On Feb 13, 2019
My 2 cents...

Religion will never become history as it is inherent in man to seek for answers to things he/she does not know. The origin of the universe and life being on top that list since the early days of men.

The philosophical nature of this problem means that it may not be answered by physical empirical science anytime soon but who knows what the future holds.

It is fair to say that even though many religions differ and in fact are archenemies of each other. One common thing observed is that most human societies believe is some sort of God or gods.

In all the faults of many organised religions , religion has also contributed immensely to the growth of the human society in various ways including ethics, common focus and improving community relations.

Currently, I do not subscribe to any organized religion but I too like the majority of humans on earth believe in an uncaused first cause
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2019
LordReed:

Remember when you said I should tell you when you start talking off point? You are doing it here. Where does anything you wrote correlate with what I wrote?
Hmmmmmmmmm that's a smart one but not smart enough to change the direction of the discuss Sir!
Otematum,Otemsapien and Otemamundo claims to be atheists and they actually talked about ASTRA TRAVEL into the past which they kept posting for months until they were silenced! cheesy cheesy cheesy
So don't think it's only religious people that do say things that's not real! wink wink wink
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by LordReed(m): 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmm that's a smart one but not smart enough to change the direction of the discuss Sir!
Otematum,Otemsapien and Otemamundo claims to be atheists and they actually talked about ASTRA TRAVEL into the past which they kept posting for months until they were silenced! cheesy cheesy cheesy
So don't think it's only religious people that do say things that's not real! wink wink wink

Otem has as far as I know not claimed to be an atheist. Of the things that I have read from Otem, he/she has always mentioned a god who is supreme to Yahweh so how is a person who believes in a supreme being an atheist?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2019
LordReed:

Otem has as far as I know not claimed to be an atheist. Of the things that I have read from Otem, he/she has always mentioned a god who is supreme to Yahweh so how is a person who believes in a supreme being an atheist?
Well to me you are all on the same page,until you explain to me how they're not the same as you and give me the best description for their kind! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by LordReed(m): 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
Well to me you are all on the same page,until you explain to me how they're not the same as you and give me the best description for their kind! undecided undecided undecided

Like seriously did you even understand what I wrote? I point out how someone continuously affirms belief in a supreme being but you bullheadedly want to refer to him as an atheist until I can prove otherwise. Can you just see how unreasonable you sound?
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2019
LordReed:

Like seriously did you even understand what I wrote? I point out how someone continuously affirms belief in a supreme being but you bullheadedly want to refer to him as an atheist until I can prove otherwise. Can you just see how unreasonable you sound?
Sorry Sir,i only know that atheists debunk believe in someone else controlling their minds. So please can you provide a PERFECT description of ATHEISM in order to help me become SOUND in REASON? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by janettee(f): 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2019
Why am I just seeing this thread now?, someone didn't cc me lipsrsealed..
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by LordReed(m): 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
Sorry Sir,i only know that atheists debunk believe in someone else controlling their minds. So please can you provide a PERFECT description of ATHEISM in order to help me become SOUND in REASON? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Atheism simply put is the rejection of belief in gods (of any sort).
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by janettee(f): 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
Don't mind those STUPID Atheists who thinks they've got something tangible to offer when all they can do is just to blow grammar in arguments without anything worthwhile! undecided undecided undecided
Madness is making them feel useful when they're really useless. How can some normal humans claim that there shouldn't be a school of thought that's capable of CONTROLLING the minds of intelligent creature,yet they're coming to the public with the intention to correct the thoughts of other intelligent creatures like themselves
I'm only been sarcastic as to their claim! cheesy cheesy cheesy

If atheists insult Christains now, you people will start crying about how they don't respect your so called religion but here you are doing the same thing, displaying your stupidity.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 13, 2019
LordReed:

Atheism simply put is the rejection of belief in gods (of any sort).
LIAR! It's the rejection of UNSEEN beings thought to be superior to VISIBLE intelligent creatures. So an atheist can claim he/she is God since those around him/her are in fear of some form of God or Gods,and the atheist feels like making them look stupid while challenging their so called unseen God! That's why some more intelligent atheists are claiming to be GODS on their own since the so called GOD of the religious people won't show up to punish them! wink wink wink
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by janettee(f): 3:37pm On Feb 13, 2019
Just like others already posted, I don't think religion will ever be history. There might be a decline in those who practice religion but it can never be completely wiped out cause of the factors and other factors you mentioned above.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
janettee:

If atheists insult Christains now, you people will start crying about how they don't respect your so called religion but here you are doing the same thing, displaying your stupidity.
You're welcome on board Sir/Ma. Your folks have been disturbing religious people saying "there shouldn't be anything CONTROLLING the minds of intelligent beings" but what really baffles me is the fact that these same people are here trying to tell {other intelligent creatures} how to make use of their brains!
You can also insult religion but know that there must be a TRUSTED institution that's capable of helping intelligent beings in thoughts,words and actions otherwise the world will go crazier than this! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Thank you!
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by janettee(f): 3:46pm On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
You're welcome on board Sir/Ma. Your folks have been disturbing religious people saying "there shouldn't be anything CONTROLLING the minds of intelligent beings" but what really baffles me is the fact that these same people are here trying to tell {other intelligent creatures} how to make use of their brains!
You can also insult religion but know that there must be a TRUSTED institution that's capable of helping intelligent beings in thoughts,words and actions otherwise the world will go crazier than this! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Thank you!

And that intelligent institution mustn't be religion!.

Your last statement just justified their statement about religion being controlling.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by tintingz(m): 3:52pm On Feb 13, 2019
If science can explain everything 100% with evidence, if enlightenment has taken over. Religion will fade off.

But humans are not perfect, for religion to fade off has slim possibility, as long as we have some groups that take fantasies serious, religion will persists.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by OpenYourEyes1: 4:47pm On Feb 13, 2019
janettee:

And that intelligent institution mustn't be religion!.

Your last statement just justified their statement about religion being controlling.

The belief in One True GOD and obedience to his Law must be part of such institution.

Else the World will continue to have its institutions infiltrated and conquered by the devil.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by LordReed(m): 5:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
LIAR! It's the rejection of UNSEEN beings thought to be superior to VISIBLE intelligent creatures. So an atheist can claim he/she is God since those around him/her are in fear of some form of God or Gods,and the atheist feels like making them look stupid while challenging their so called unseen God! That's why some more intelligent atheists are claiming to be GODS on their own since the so called GOD of the religious people won't show up to punish them! wink wink wink

You are a dunce. You could have just googled the meaning and saved yourself the trouble of looking like a fool.

1a : a lack of belief or a strong disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods
b : a philosophical or religious position characterized by disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods

Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism

So congratulations on taking the prize for stupidity today.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Danhumprey: 5:43pm On Feb 13, 2019
janettee:

The irony. When same measure is dished out to them religious folks, they will take it as suffering/persecution for their faith. grin

Sigh. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2019
LordReed:

You are a dunce. You could have just googled the meaning and saved yourself the trouble of looking like a fool.

1a : a lack of belief or a strong disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods
b : a philosophical or religious position characterized by disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods

Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism

So congratulations on taking the prize for stupidity today.
That's the Google's definition not the REALITY!
I'm a Christian and i know the definition Google gave Christianity is totally wrong from the real meaning of Christianity. So try again Sir! wink wink wink
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by LordReed(m): 5:56pm On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
That's the Google's definition not the REALITY!
I'm a Christian and i know the definition Google gave Christianity is totally wrong from the real meaning of Christianity. So try again Sir! wink wink wink

There is no point engaging a recalcitrant dunce.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
LordReed:

There is no point engaging a recalcitrant dunce.
Thanks for the complement Sir. So have a nice day! wink wink wink
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by LordReed(m): 6:07pm On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
Thanks for the complement Sir. So have a nice day! wink wink wink
Danhumprey:
The irony. When same measure is dished out to them religious folks, they will take it as suffering/persecution for their faith. grin

Sigh. undecided

You were right on the money.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by budaatum: 7:52pm On Feb 13, 2019
JujuSugar:

Do you think there's a relationship?
Do me a favour and start a 'Is there a relationship between seeing religion metaphorically and seeing it spiritually'? please and I'll pray about it. Something may come, metaphorically or spiritually.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by budaatum: 8:12pm On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
Reality or not each person has the sole right to CHOOSE how they will think and live their lives,whoever thinks some ideas are BAD or TERRIBLE shouldn't force his/her resolve on others! undecided undecided undecided
Why not? Why shouldn't I force my resolve on some ideas that are BAD or TERRIBLE? Is my resolve not the Spirit of the Lord that is in me, my armour and my shield from all the darts and arrows of the devil? And you are saying I should hide it away and not wave it in everyone's face so their knees shall bow and the sheep be saved? If the sheep my Lord handcrafted are wandering off to be ate by lions, should I not enter the den of the lions to save it? If I do not, would I be a good steward?

Please note! buda, this buda, does not agree that "each person has the sole right to CHOOSE how they live their lives" if your life living negatively affects the life living of others. buda will force resolve on some ideas that are BAD or TERRIBLE. If you live them, beware.

Also note that what you write is not living but just the thoughts held inside your head, unlived, so far, and no one has control over your head, even buda with God armour and shield and sword!
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by budaatum: 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
Is that not the power of God manifesting in them?
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 13, 2019
budaatum:

Is that not the power of God manifesting in them?
Oh budaatum,please are you also an atheist or theist? Because LordReed says persons like you saying there is anything like GOD,God or god is not an atheist! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by budaatum: 8:47pm On Feb 13, 2019
TATIME:
Oh budaatum,please are you also an atheist or theist? Because LordReed says persons like you saying there is anything like GOD,God or god is not an atheist! embarassed embarassed embarassed
I was an atheist. Then Jesus got me and now I am a theist.
Re: Will Religion One Day Become History? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2019
budaatum:

I was an atheist. Then Jesus got me and now I am a theist.
Na wa ooooo! So you and LordReed are not spiritual brothers. Ojigbijigbijigbi
OK so you now believe in GOD,God,god after all those NO MIND CONTROLLING stuff. undecided undecided undecided
Iruironborun. cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saying Prayers In Your Mind Without Opening Mouth / Spiritual Digest For The Day 20th Of July 2014 / Alert: Be Cafeful With Social Networking Sites. Do Not Enter The Dragon's Net

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.