Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:55 AM

How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? (39975 Views)

Should Marriage End Up On The Ground Of Childlessness? / Did Your Family Use This Plate & Tray? (Throwback Photo) / Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Quorax: 1:46am On Feb 11, 2019
hotspec:
Wife's parent are d one controlling her. after several attempts to severe her relationship with them was unsuccessful. divorce was successful. shez back with her parents now, and she's d one doing d cooking and washing for them.
first comment I would read on response to what was asked. God bless you .

Others are busy forming saints.

If it were quora, people would have responded. Nigerians are the biggest hypocrites in the world

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by flyca: 1:51am On Feb 11, 2019
Elder0001:
Mindfulness how did you feel when your husband left you 4/5 years ago?
Please show some courtsey and respect angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by GREATESTPIANIST: 2:02am On Feb 11, 2019
koyyes:

This is where problem starts...like building castles in the air.

In life, you can never have it all.

You wish for heaven and earth. But when reality dawns on you, you start hating your partner over very little things.
I wasn't talking to you Sir...... I didn't ask for your opinion, it's my belief, so leave it as it is ...thank you

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Benito8998(m): 2:16am On Feb 11, 2019
Julietcutie:
What a sad thread sad

You had a failed marriage?

2 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by YorubaAssasin: 4:25am On Feb 11, 2019
tuoyoojo:
may I not eva have any thing to comment on this kind thread

You just did.. angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by olawooro: 4:55am On Feb 11, 2019
uuzba:

Follow positive thread. Not this rubbish kind of thread.
It is like you don't know that some people do create threads on nairaland to collect primary data for a project and research purposes.
One of the advantages of online data gathering is that the respondents willingly respond because it is anonymous, which if it is face to face interview they may be reluctant or felt embarrassed, especially on a sensitive topic which has to do with personal life. You will also be able to reach a large number of respondents.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by olawooro: 5:40am On Feb 11, 2019
AlhajaChinyere:

Kid talking! I hate young people sometimes.
Can you swear you too have not been kid and acted silly before?
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by kingdiamond(m): 6:15am On Feb 11, 2019
Life
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Nobody: 6:16am On Feb 11, 2019
BiafraBushBoy:
I think one of the ways of getting over a failed marriage is to heap the blames on the head of your partner.

Morally, it isn't right; but that is the only way to get over the feeling of divorce.

I am gonna get married very soon, and NOTHING will ever lead me to divorce.

I rather play the fool in my marriage than watch it crash.

What happens to my kids?

Personal opinion tho.
Easier said than done. Play the fool my foot. This comment shows you aint ready emotionally for marriage and its sad truths.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by introvertme: 6:21am On Feb 11, 2019
Quorax:
first comment I would read on response to what was asked. God bless you .

Others are busy forming saints.

If it were quora, people would have responded. Nigerians are the biggest hypocrites in the world

Not only quora, reddit too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 11, 2019
uuzba:

Follow positive thread. Not this rubbish kind of thread.
Get a university education at all cost. Thats if you can pass JAMB.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by daddytime(m): 6:27am On Feb 11, 2019
Zero regrets...would end it over and over again..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 11, 2019
frenchman:
Was married for 15 years, ended badly due to irreconcilable differences. Ant regrets? Yes, I should have walked earlier
Married 9 years,irreconcilable differences coupled with the fact she was obsessed . I couldn't say hi to a female without getting chewed out or accused of infidelity. regret...should have walked earlier.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by DexteryJoe(m): 6:32am On Feb 11, 2019
My marriage ended before it even began.
Regrets: I never even marry yet
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by dmola(m): 6:36am On Feb 11, 2019
I love this topic even thou I'm not married but I look forward to it with a positive mind,hopefully God grants me this wish

4 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by ozonechrome: 6:38am On Feb 11, 2019
Married two years ago to a narcissist.

I saw all the red flags but felt he would change. How ignorant of me.

Any regrets??
No. I walked out that same year didn't want to live a life of regrets. Had to tell myself the truth.

Advice:
1.Never marry a man that doesn't respect ANYBODY. Even his parents.

2.How he treats others is how he'll treat you eventually.
3. Read about Narcissism. Lots of people are narcissist. Never end up with them.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by marvinsync(m): 6:45am On Feb 11, 2019
paraltero:

So the man should not be loving, caring, kind, considerate or generally good. He can be whatever the hell he wants, it's the woman that must be good.

The misogyny.

yh i didn't even think of that

but I think this message was simply tryna tell men what to choose in a lady

but yeah it's a bit chauvinistic (which I think is a better word in this situation than misogyny )

2 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by MacMkboy(m): 6:47am On Feb 11, 2019
husbandsnatcha:
my marriage ended in peace
no regrets
my husband: shud we end d marriage

me: yes swthrt

.my husband: ok
Taaa!! Gbafuo
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by FreeConCiencE: 6:49am On Feb 11, 2019
paraltero:

So the man should not be loving, caring, kind, considerate or generally good. He can be whatever the hell he wants, it's the woman that must be good.

The misogyny.

But there is no part where he said Men can be whatever they want to be. He did not say Men shouldn't be loving, caring, kind and good.

Woman....work on your attitudes. I smell a disrespectful woman who believes she is equal to her husband.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by flyca: 6:52am On Feb 11, 2019
FreeConCiencE:

But there is no part where he said Men can be whatever they want to be. He did not say Men shouldn't be loving, caring, kind and good.

Woman....work on your attitudes. I smell a disrespectful woman who believes she is equal to her husband.
For every woman with a voice, y'all smell the same rubbish. Why y'all not marry a 19th century woman? undecided You fail to come to terms that this is 21st century, not your mothers or grandmothers or great grand mothers era undecided

17 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by MacMkboy(m): 6:54am On Feb 11, 2019
My Parents Are One Reason Why I'd Want To Get Married As Soon As Possible. I Wonder If They Could Have Survived Without Each Other's Support In Their Over 25years Of Marriage. They've Had Their Rough Times, But They Never Allowed It Escalate Beyond 2days And The Older They Get, The Closer They Become.

15 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by marvinsync(m): 6:58am On Feb 11, 2019
BiafraBushBoy:
I think one of the ways of getting over a failed marriage is to heap the blames on the head of your partner.

Morally, it isn't right; but that is the only way to get over the feeling of divorce.

What happens to my kids?

Personal opinion tho.

yeah I understand what u mean , sometimes I see couples fight and I'm like this can't be me ,if I was the man id never have let things get to this level ,I'd just play dumb be quiet and chill and sort this out logically but u see overtime I realized that was a bit of naive thinking .

u just can't play the fool for the rest of ur life infact tryna play the fool is what gets u in the mess in the first place ! u start piling things up in the name of peace until one day u explode do something crazy and set the marriage on a horrible track .
it's better to be true to ur self from the beginning say what u want and what u can't stand from the beginning, don't tolerate too much sh!t but still know what to let pass by

and yes do whatever u can to get the marriage to succeed

and most importantly open eye when picking a wife not all that love will show the way sh!t

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by DMerciful(m): 7:02am On Feb 11, 2019
Very well said. God bless you
fetthu:
My advice is for MEN and this is based on my little experience.

Never marry a woman that does not or would not respect you. (including a woman with bad attitude and low morals). If you do YOU WILL REGRET IT....don't ever think you can manage it ( remember its forever).
The saying that "the 3 most important things men want in marriage is:
Respect, Good food & Good sex" is true, so scan well well to be certain you have the right partner.

Most women nag...but my brother nagging get levels....do everything humanly possible to avoid a woman with high potential of nagging....if you don't...YOU WILL HATE YOURSELF....As a man, if you are not patient (SURU) pls dont marry yet, until you find a way to develop yourself in that regard....its takes a patient man to be a good husband.....you will see many things, but you can't react to everything, else YOU CAN RUN MAD.....

It takes God and high level of luck to marry the right partner (man or woman)....you cannot use smartness alone or discerning spirit or anything....Marriage is like going to the market to buy a parcel wrapped in a black nylon, until get home that's when the nature of what you bought would begin to unravel its content in a slow release manner (good or bad).

It is my believe that for a woman to enjoy/own/control her marriage and her husband she needs to be submissive to her husband....(to people who may not agree) like i said...IT IS MY BELIEVE, it may not be your believe, don't crucify me for my believe.
To those planning to get married, i wish you GOOD LUCK in selecting the right parcel. -this advice is for men. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by MacMkboy(m): 7:14am On Feb 11, 2019
However, The Nigerian Girls And Ladies I Meet Propel Me To Remain Single. I'm Much Closer To Females Than Males. I Have A Lot Of Lady Friends That Are Very Close To Me --So Close That U Would Think We're In A R/ship. Some Are Extremely Close That They Feel Free To Discuss With Me, The Things They Can't Discuss With Their Boyfriends. Those Discussions Reveal To Me The True Nature Of The Real Person Behind Those Fake Charade Many Girls/Ladies Put Up. And To Be Honest After Those Discussions, I Get Scared Of Wanting To Be Involved In A Romantic Relationship.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Ykol(m): 7:22am On Feb 11, 2019
thanks for this
CuddleBunnys:
I am not married but,,
Advice for Those Not Yet Married
If you have not yet married or even chosen a partner, you have, by far, the most power to affect your eventual likelihood of divorce. Those who are already married can only change how they think and act in their existing marriage. Singles who have not yet chosen a partner have a lot more that is still on the table for change. In other words, your stage of life shapes what is dynamic and static in terms of factors associated with your risk for divorce. The earlier you are in the process of finding a mate, the more your choices going forward can affect your future. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you proceed.
1. Take it slow. Get to know a person very well before deciding to marry. We all know people who fell in love at first sight and married within months, and who have done well over many years in marriage. But there are many other couples who married fast and blew apart. By taking more time, you can see how a potential partner treats others, responds to stress, and handles disagreements with you on things that matter. Also, if your relationship is moving toward marriage, take some time to clarify expectations about marriage, family, and life.
2. Pay attention to major red flags. If you see evidence of controlling or abusive behavior, or serious substance use problems, don’t move blindly ahead hoping things will work out. Love does not conquer all. If you have trusted friends or family, listen to them about concerns they see in the person you are dating. Don’t marry a makeover project—or, at the least, don’t do so until there is great evidence of real, lasting change when there are concerns. And don’t move in together to test such a relationship. That’s the worst reason you can have to move in together.xiv
3. Look for someone who shares your beliefs and values. What are your central values in life? Are they shared? Avoid situations where you might fall for someone prior to determining these things. Once you sense some chemistry, it’s hard to hold onto what had been non-negotiable for what you wanted in a mate. This is where people can use online dating sites effectively: You can be clear about the big things you are looking for in life before you meet someone and it gets all complicated with chemistry. Chemistry is great. You want to have that. But chemistry is best developed in a sequence, not as a blinding, binding glue in a relationship you’d otherwise never have chosen.
Love does not conquer all.
4. Look for mutual dedication. There should be sustained evidence that you and a prospective mate are equally devoted to the relationship; for example, that you are both willing to make sacrifices for each other. If you consistently think you are more dedicated to the relationship than your partner, consider moving on. That’s a bad sign for future marital quality. It’s fine to be looking for love, but it’s smarter to be looking for sacrifice.
5. Don’t let constraints for staying together increase before you establish mutual commitment to be together. Many people slide into situations that make it harder to end a relationship before they have made a clear decision about what is best. this is what many people do not see about the risk of living together prior to marriage (or at least before engagement). For too many couples, living together makes it harder to break up before it’s clear that they really have a future together.
6. Do premarital training : While marital experts debate everything, there is solid evidence that completing premarital training (education, counseling, whatever it’s called) together can improve your odds in marriage

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:34am On Feb 11, 2019
IAmSkinny:
Trying hard to end my marriage with poverty and b.itch keeps coming back!
gringrin
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by dhensity: 7:34am On Feb 11, 2019
Not my marriage sha I was dating this girl . We were in love or so I thought, fast forward we were pricing rings in ring shop - things were going very well . Bank said she wanted to go to Italy to support a maLe friend who was a pub singer. She says ' he has a concert and I promised to be there '

I wasn't a kill joy so I supported her to go. Even mad love the night before her travelling .
My brothers and sisters that was the last day I saw her with my eyes. . She came back and told me she wants to be in an open relationship that is we can see other people . I said no and that was it. A month after she started flaunting another guy on her instagram. A year plus she is still flaunting the guy on installing and I like the pics so she doesn't think e pain me. E pain me no be small. am not crying I am only wiping my tears

32 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Revolva(m): 7:35am On Feb 11, 2019
apelike1:
It always start with money!

Useless naija women. angry

i de tell you.......money and naija women....of this generation no be am......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Newboss(m): 7:43am On Feb 11, 2019
BiafraBushBoy:

What happens to my kids?

Personal opinion tho.

You think it's all about you? She can wake up one day and walk away angry
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Julietcutie(f): 7:45am On Feb 11, 2019
Benito8998:

You had a failed marriage?

lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Couple Who Met In NYSC Camp Share Their Love Story With Lovely Family Photos / Super Woman: Housewife Disarms Robbers With Hot Water / Would You Forgive Your Husband Who Got Your Maid Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.