Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? (40218 Views)

Should Marriage End Up On The Ground Of Childlessness? / Did Your Family Use This Plate & Tray? (Throwback Photo) / Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by hotspec(m): 12:10am On Feb 13, 2019
zeb04:
You are a deadbeat father. To think you want to forget your children because you have problem with their mother.

You don’t have integrity.
i never abandoned my children. I only responded to dt person dt if he sees strong marital problems dt wants to claim his life, he will first thinks of his safety bf d children.

I can show u d school fees receipt of my children. in fact I put it in d divorce letter dt I want d custody of d 2 children. but I did not mention or discuss about them becos Asex small as they are, I have enough evidence to win their custody as she always maltreatment them and at times give them physical injuries due to her carelessness.

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by hotspec(m): 12:13am On Feb 13, 2019
cococandy:
Okay that’s messed. Very unconscionable behavior from her and her parents.

You’re better off divorced from her.

All the same 6k for your two kids is poor. Even if that’s what the court ordered, you should used your church mind. Don’t punish the kids for their mom’s behavior

God forbid. mynchildren are my joy and I had to endure d marriage because of them as I don't want to see them suffer because their mum doesn't take normal care of them. I'm d one paying their school fees. I seen them in their schools. I give them things. d only thing they miss now is our evening and early morning playings

2 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by cococandy(f): 12:39am On Feb 13, 2019
So while she’s working to provide for them since the only thing he can afford is 6k (hypothetically) then who will take care of the children?

Martinez39:
What if that's what he can afford? The mother too can also go and work?

6 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by GREATESTPIANIST: 1:41am On Feb 13, 2019
fastseo:

I know I hit you very hard... See the way you are fuming just because I opposed your view and finally you now acknowledge that it's not all heaven on earth and there might be storm tongue grin honesty if your type see marital issues you will do times 10 more than what was written here. I pray it shall not be ur portion.
I know who u are quoting that was why I mentioned and brought up his marital issues.

Even Jesus didn't meet bread and butter on earth that was why he warned his disciples about betrayal, this betrayal shall not come from ur village people, or your enemies but from the very ones that loves us

But most churches will teach you that life is all tea and bread

Mark 13:12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death

Kpele
You didn't hit me hard and am not fuming, I only want you to have a little glimpse of all I meant, of which am glad you now understand, I wasn't moved an inch by all you have been saying..... because you totally misquoted me, I never said or meant all would be Rosy.... and why telling me there are tonnes of marital issues, am I not a Nigerian? Wouldn't I know and I never quoted Pastor Chris, I am not a member of His church, I follow the word, the Bible says (proverbs 23:7)as he thinks in his heart so he is, notwithstanding , I respect him as a Man of God.....Run your own race and comot ur eyes from his mistakes, .. No real present church would teach you that it's all Rosy, 1john5 :4--- We have overcome through our faith, meaning there were actually problems and storms to be overcome, so its not all sugar sugar sugar road.......... do not misquote me .....

Kpele too
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by armyofone(m): 1:44am On Feb 13, 2019
Please do everything you can to be in good relationship with your ex wife. There is joy in amicable divorce and that joy will pass to your children.

hotspec:
God forbid. mynchildren are my joy and I had to endure d marriage because of them as I don't want to see them suffer because their mum doesn't take normal care of them. I'm d one paying their school fees. I seen them in their schools. I give them things. d only thing they miss now is our evening and early morning playings

4 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by fastseo: 1:49am On Feb 13, 2019
Martinez39:
What if that's what he can afford? The mother too can also go and work?
grin I wonder. The inlaws too can assist. I just read that the father inlaw broke the door pack her daughter things while the mother inlaw advices her daughter to alway beat the man... No dulling...

Some one once drop a line that " pray not to marry a good woman from a bad family" and if you end up marrying a bad wife from a bad family that one na double wahala

6 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by GREATESTPIANIST: 1:50am On Feb 13, 2019
Fastseo you still online? work dey today, try and sleep....and are you married
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by GREATESTPIANIST: 1:50am On Feb 13, 2019
fastseo:
grin I wonder. The inlaws too can assist.
Are you divorced?
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by GREATESTPIANIST: 1:51am On Feb 13, 2019
fastseo:
grin I wonder. The inlaws too can assist.
Or single?
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by fastseo: 1:55am On Feb 13, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
Or single?
grin grin my brother
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by fastseo: 2:01am On Feb 13, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
You didn't hit me hard and am not fuming, I only want you to have a little glimpse of all I meant, of which am glad you now understand, I wasn't moved an inch by all you have been saying..... because you totally misquoted me, I never said or meant all would be Rosy.... and why telling me there are tonnes of marital issues, am I not a Nigerian? Wouldn't I know and I never quoted Pastor Chris, I am not a member of His church, I follow the word, the Bible says (proverbs 23:7)as he thinks in his heart so he is, notwithstanding , I respect him as a Man of God.....Run your own race and comot ur eyes from his mistakes, .. No real present church would teach you that it's all Rosy, 1john5 :4--- We have overcome through our faith, meaning there were actually problems and storms to be overcome, so its not all sugar sugar sugar road.......... do not misquote me .....

Kpele too
I won't commot my eyes from the mistakes we use others mistakes to learn and that is what this thread is all about .. It's no sin to talk about and analyze people's mistakes. We talk about it to learn one or two things. The only time it's not cool it's only when I insulted him of which I never did I only pointed out that he had a marital issue with his wife and that's all.
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by GREATESTPIANIST: 2:04am On Feb 13, 2019
fastseo:

grin grin my brother
This year won't Waka pass you by ......it's your year.....
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by GREATESTPIANIST: 2:04am On Feb 13, 2019
fastseo:

I won't commot my eyes from the mistakes we use others mistakes to learn and that is what this thread is all about .. It's no sin to talk about and analyze people's mistakes. We talk about it to learn one or two things. The only time it's not cool it's only when I insulted him of which I never did I only pointed out that he had a marital issue with his wife and that's all.
okay o
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by fastseo: 2:10am On Feb 13, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
This year won't Waka pass you by ......it's your year.....
I didn't say am single ni grin cheesy unless you want give me number 2
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by GREATESTPIANIST: 2:13am On Feb 13, 2019
fastseo:

I didn't say am single ni grin cheesy unless you want give me number 2
Nooo, you are fine please....she's enough!!!!! I wish you more marital bliss.....I hope ur eyes ain't chuking in anoda place sha
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Erums(m): 5:16am On Feb 13, 2019
hotspec:
for good 3 years I warned her. I only owe her 6k pernmonth to take care of d 2 children as court ruled

Dats seriously cheap... I think the court took the verdict in your favor.. But ur kids, u know 5k cnt raise dem right?

3 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Erums(m): 6:27am On Feb 13, 2019
[quote author=MacMkboy post=75638064][/quote]

Leave dat woman, you see the long epistlsge wrote up there, tells alot abt her... She was de angel in the marriage and did not in wrong... A man would feel inferior when you try to dominate and he's Clapp back is always termed inferiority complex...

Just let her be.. Are you short?
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Martinez39(m): 7:42am On Feb 13, 2019
cococandy:
So while she’s working to provide for them since the only thing he can afford is 6k (hypothetically) then who will take care of the children?

the wife stays with her family.
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by WhoBeThisMan: 8:29am On Feb 13, 2019
hotspec:
Yes I am. and yes she is better off... But I live in South west Nigeria, and I believe if ure truly married and have ever faced any challenge from ur in laws, u will understand me. Dt story I summarised in 3 lines, if I should give u d full gist, it will be up to 500 pages of A4 paper, front and back.

did I mention my inlaws (I mean her father and mother came to beat me one night) just because we were having issues and she called them (we live in d same town). dt day she left home since 9am and came back around to 9 in d night, without telling where she was going to since dt morning. so I told her to go back to where she was coming from.

that was it, d next thing was to called her parents who came to pack her things. her father broke my door with his leg. and started beating me.

it was in my house one day dt her mother told her that she's too dull and dt is why I'm dictating to her. dt if it's her Elder sister (who is also now a single mother) she would have locked d husband, tear her cloth and beat him. since dt day, any little misunderstanding, she will pounce on me, tear my cloth and neat me. I can show u pictures of tore cloths. twice I've been to police station to report her.

madam, I can drop my digits for anyone who cares to listen to d full gist. my story is verifiable. I have loads of evidence to support my claims.
I understand you my brother. I have had similar experience.

I'm not the type that watch Nigerian movies, I thought they were fake and over rated until I saw it happening right before me. I never thought humans behave like that.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Purelady(f): 8:29am On Feb 13, 2019
[quote author=hotspec post=75673352]Yes I am. and yes she is better off... But I live in South west Nigeria, and I believe if ure truly married and have ever faced any challenge from ur in laws, u will understand me. Dt story I summarised in 3 lines, if I should give u d full gist, it will be up to 500 pages of A4 paper, front and back.

did I mention my inlaws (I mean her father and mother came to beat me one night) just because we were having issues and she called them (we live in d same town). dt day she left home since 9am and came back around to 9 in d night, without telling where she was going to since dt morning. so I told her to go back to where she was coming from.

that was it, d next thing was to called her parents who came to pack her things. her father broke my door with his leg. and started beating me.

it was in my house one day dt her mother told her that she's too dull and dt is why I'm dictating to her. dt if it's her Elder sister (who is also now a single mother) she would have locked d husband, tear her cloth and beat him. since dt day, any little misunderstanding, she will pounce on me, tear my cloth and neat me. I can show u pictures of tore cloths. twice I've been to police station to report her.

madam, I can drop my digits for anyone who cares to listen to d full gist. my story is verifiable. I have loads of evidence to support my claims. [/quote. what a sad story, anyways thank God you are alive to say all this,marriage is not a do or die affair, my one cent piece of advice, oga, love your children more, and the reason why the 6k verdict was given by my lord is to teach her a lesson, I know this because am a lawyer and moreso the evidences provided by you, was so overwhelming and in your favour, if you have pressed for custody of your kids it would have been granted. Note you can still go back for the custody of your kids if you are not satisfied with the ways and manner she is bringing them up or like you mention in the case of inflicting bodily injuries on them.
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by cococandy(f): 11:11am On Feb 13, 2019
You are assuming they don’t have lives of their own.

It’s quite ridiculous though that you’d think it’s okay for someone who’s taking care of two kids to not get the financial accountability she expects from her co-parent.

After all she’s with her parents right? undecided.

In that case, if she has to go work extra hours than she normal would in order to make up for what the other parent’s should be bringing (thereby leaving her parents to take care of the kids), it means she and her parents now own full responsibility of the kids. The father doesn’t matter anymore then. And doesn’t get a say.
Martinez39:
the wife stays with her family.

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Martinez39(m): 12:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
cococandy:
You are assuming they don’t have lives of their own.

It’s quite ridiculous though that you’d think it’s okay for someone who’s taking care of two kids to not get the financial accountability she expects from her co-parent.

After all she’s with her parents right? undecided.

In that case, if she has to go work extra hours than she normal would in order to make up for what the other parent’s should be bringing (thereby leaving her parents to take care of the kids), it means she and her parents now own full responsibility of the kids. The father doesn’t matter anymore then. And doesn’t get a say.
Lol. You sound as if kids need their parents' presence 24/7. While the kids are in school, both parents can go to work. Even if she does night shifts, she and her husband should provide money, food and the children must learn to stay at home behave until mum comes back from work. Didn't you sometimes stay and managed yourself at home while your mum and dad were away for a while? Hian!

I am not saying that the money he is giving is enough for both kid but if that's all he has, he and his wife should double their hustle. We are now in the age of equality not tradition, both must now work to support their families. I didn't say he shouldn't give her money o. grin

3 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2019
Martinez39:
Lol. You sound as if kids need their parents' presence 24/7. While the kids are in school, both parents can go to work. Even if she does night shifts, she and her husband should provide money, food and the children must learn to stay at home behave until mum comes back from work. Didn't you sometimes stay and managed yourself at home while your mum and dad were away for a while? Hian!

I am not saying that the money he is giving is enough for both kid but if that's all he has, he and his wife should double their hustle. We are now in the age of equality not tradition, both must now work to support their families. I didn't say he shouldn't give her money o. grin
you have time to reply that lady. She's a feminist who thinks a man has to lie down when a woman wants to walk.

Ignore her.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Martinez39(m): 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2019
highcollide:
you have time to reply that lady. She's a feminist who thinks a man has to lie down when a woman wants to walk.

Ignore her.
Lol. Don't mind cococandy. She has too much free time on her hands that's why she is talking like this. Oya cococandy, go into the kitchen and make me a sandwich, I am hungry. Hurry up. When you are through, let's get down to business proper this night 'cos work has really been stressful.

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by cococandy(f): 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
Martinez39:

If you had led with saying that they should both be doubling their hustle to provide for their kids, then you would have made sense right off the bat instead of saying if 6k is all he has, she should do the rest.

That’s basically asking her to totally take care of the kids all by herself. Because 6k won’t even buy snacks in this day and age.

You’re talking about equality but trying to push all the responsibilities on the woman. What’s equal about that? True equality factors all the work and effort needed from all angles and not just the financial aspect. Just taking care of the kids alone surpasses providing for them in case you didn’t know. Add the financial responsibility and you’ll see she’s basically doing it all by herself. Equality indeed.

16 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by jakandeola(m): 2:40pm On Feb 13, 2019
cococandy:
You tried to severe someone’s relationship with her parents? And you have over 100 likes for that?

You’re an awful person.
She’s better off without you. .

bloody Hippocrates wen I talk of my mum u attack me my girl family want me not to be close to my mum again but as a lady now u attack d guy
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by cococandy(f): 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2019
Dumb joke

Martinez39:
Lol. Don't mind cococandy. She has too much free time on her hands that's why she is talking like this. Oya cococandy, go into the kitchen and make me a sandwich, I am hungry. Hurry up. When you are through, let's get down to business proper this night 'cos work has really been stressful.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by cococandy(f): 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2019
highcollide:
She's a feminist who believes men should treat women how they expect women to treat men

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Martinez39(m): 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2019
cococandy:

If you had led with saying that they should both be doubling their hustle to provide for their kids, then you would have made sense right off the bat instead of saying if 6k is all he has, she should do the rest.

That’s basically asking her to totally take care of the kids all by herself. Because 6k won’t even buy snacks in this day and age.

You’re talking about equality but trying to push all the responsibilities on the woman. What’s equal about that? True equality factors all the work and effort needed from all angles and not just the financial aspect. Just taking care of the kids alone surpasses providing for them in case you didn’t know. Add the financial responsibility and you’ll see she’s basically doing it all by herself. Equality indeed.
Lol. I never tried to push the responsibility to the woman. Taking care of the kids isn't as hard as you try to put it but it's hard. As they begin to grow, you teach them to be responsible and learn how to get things done. How do you know she is doing everything by herself? Have you met his wife before? Stop the unintelligent haste to assume things. #Equality

4 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by Martinez39(m): 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2019
cococandy:
Dumb joke

Lol. Don't let my sandwich burn. grin
Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by cococandy(f): 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2019
I have a child. I’ll be the one to let you know how hard or not it can be.

You’re the unintelligent one here if at this point you haven’t grasped onto the hypothetical nature of this conversation.
Martinez39:
Lol. I never tried to push the responsibility to the woman. Taking care of the kids isn't as hard as you try to put it but it's hard. As they begin to grow, you teach them to be responsible and learn how to get things done. How do you know she is doing everything by herself? Have you met his wife before? Stop the unintelligent haste to assume things. #Equality

9 Likes

Re: How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? by cococandy(f): 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2019
I’m assuming you have a little bit of enlightenment at this point in your life (I might be wrong)
But if you do, you should know by now that it’s only loser guys who (once they feel their logic failing) start to make the sexist joke about how a woman should go make them a meal instead of trashing their behind in a discourse.

Even children don’t use that line anymore. But if indeed I ran a sandwich bar, you couldn’t afford to eat there.
Martinez39:
Lol. Don't let my sandwich burn. grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

checkout Some hilarious Childhood Rumours That Went Viral/Worldwide / My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.