Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category (19549 Views)

Fela Kuti Loses Out In 2021 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ademola Olonilu / Alex Loses Out In BBNaija Bumbum Battle To Mercy Eke In Dubai (Photos) / Seun Kuti's ‘Black Times' Album Breaks Into Billboard World Music TOP 10 Chart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category by martineverest(m): 8:29am On Feb 11, 2019
wink2015:

Seun Kuti should know that International bodies are no fools.

They watch celebrity behaviour and mannerism.

Seun Kuti snubbed the French President Mr Macron by deliberately absenting himself from the event organised in the year 2018 in Lagos that was attended by the French President to honour his late father, Fela Anikulakpo Kuti for his musical contributions towards entertainment and global development.

Current governor of Lagos state, Akinwunmi Ambode hosted the French President with the presence of Femi Kuti, the late Fela senior son but Seun Kuti was noticeably absent from that important event. Which was more important? An event meant to honour his late father whose legacies he now stands and feed from? or the show he was invited to perform in the USA?

No doubts, it is well known fact that Seun Kuti had disagreement that historically date back some years with his senior brother Femi Kuti who was the key organizer of the program that was scheduled to honour the father. Somehow, Seun Kuti feel less disposed and less happy to be part of the event but preferred to attend musical shows in USA as at that time of President Macron 's visit.

But snubbing an International figure like the French President to spite your estranged brother especially at an event meant to honour your father was a sour grapes too bitter to sip.

Fela Anikulakpo Kuti, your father was a man you took after his afro beat music of which your father legacies have driven you from a PETTY STREET BOY and WEED SMOKER to an internationally recognized afro beat musician.

President Macron valued your father musical legacies and his contribution to art and entertainment hence he had to fly all the way from Paris France to commission projects in Fela 's name and above all honour the EBAMI EDA himself Afro beat singer Late Fela Anikulakpo Kuti.

In a nutshell, International bodies use all this to judge music artists before rating and given award.

It is not just how good a musicians music is but good behaviour, mannerism etc equally counts.

And Jaguda boy like Seun fell into this snare or trap.
learn to reason abeg....Ur sense of judgement is ZERO

what will u say about the brawl between ARIANA GRANDE and GRAMMY organisers and yet Grammy still awarded Ariana the best pop Vocal album

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category by JimD(m): 8:30am On Feb 11, 2019
martineverest:
most nigerians will NEVER get nomination,except the kutis,until they change their mentality towards music

You're on point. They need to understand what real music is.
Re: 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category by martineverest(m): 8:33am On Feb 11, 2019
JimD:

You're on point. They need to understand what real music is.
did u also notice that the top 20 African pop stars have never been nominated in any Grammy categories,except traditional/classical African genre artistes?
Re: 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category by JimD(m): 8:36am On Feb 11, 2019
martineverest:
did u also notice that the top 20 African pop stars have never been nominated in any Grammy categories,except traditional/classical African genre artistes?

They are local champions na.
Re: 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category by martineverest(m): 8:41am On Feb 11, 2019
JimD:

They are local champions na.
they are commercial artistes with zero creativity/uniqueness.

did u also realise that these same traditional classical singers perform shows in Europe,America and asia where white people are mostly fans ?..... compared to Davido,Wizkid etc concerts in Europe which are usually dominated by africans or carribbeans

1 Like

Re: 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 11, 2019
7Alexander:

Get a life you hopeless oaf!

Igbo Amaka!grin
Re: 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category by ofiko123(m): 8:49am On Feb 11, 2019
Eyaa
Re: 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 11, 2019
Maitommi:
Awww. hopefully falz gets a nomination too in the coming editions!!

Sorry are you alright? Why would dey ever nominate Falz for Grammy? Na rapper him be which American rapper him rap pass? The only people that can bring that Grammy home is Kuti family. If their Dad was still alive am sure baba go don get over 2 Grammy
Re: 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category by Rosay15(f): 10:13am On Feb 11, 2019
But there is something that I don't understand abt dis Grammy ... Why will cardi b go home with an award and Nicki have never own any award since many years she start music compared to cardi b... Is Nicki nt qualify for it Ni cus I don't get, can someone pls explain?.
Note: am nt hating on cardi b oh BT nt a fan thou.
Re: 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category by Maitommi: 11:10am On Feb 11, 2019
Am I alright for stating my opinion? Are you not cultured enough to reply respectfully? Boy you wouldn't even talk when I talk in real life.
Wisdomval67:

Sorry are you alright? Why would dey ever nominate Falz for Grammy? Na rapper him be which American rapper him rap pass? The only people that can bring that Grammy home is Kuti family. If their Dad was still alive am sure baba go don get over 2 Grammy
Re: 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 11, 2019
Maitommi:
Am I alright for stating my opinion? Are you not cultured enough to reply respectfully? Boy you wouldn't even talk when I talk in real life.

Lol say na your face dey $1 note.
Re: 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category by AuroraB(f): 12:47pm On Feb 11, 2019
cardoctor:
Wetin him sing?
Me dey wonder too cheesy
Re: 2019 Grammys: Seun Kuti Loses Out In ‘World Music’ Category by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2019
Wonderful Opportunity In Real Estate Biz -Admission Open Strictly For The Passionate

Hello Men and Ladies,

YOU WORK as a Marketer for a Bank or Firm.
And You are given a target of about #10m to #30m to meet Monthly.
Your Salary is 50k - 200k.
� You leave Your house very early.
�Work for at least 8 hours, receive insults & even get sexually harassed by potential Clients.
� Get home late and don't have time to prepare even a decent meal
�No time for Family/husband/ wife/children/Friends
� Your health is going down & You need to sleep.
� No real Savings to Your name
�You can't afford a Vacation
� Neither can You afford a Shopping spree @ Shoprite sef
� No time for God.

YET at the end of the day, week and month, you make millions for Your Employer.
My Dear, one day, Your 'engine' will quench out of stress.
And Your Employer will quietly replace You. Asap

Why not use all those ginger & build something worthwhile for Yourself? Be your OWN boss with HIGHER PAY & LESS STRESS.
It's not all about 'HARD WORK' but 'SMART WORK'

Are You ready to EARN what You really DESERVE by joining us today?

Comment I AM READY and I will help you get started

For further inquiry, check my signature below and click on the WhatsApp chat link or;
Call/WhatsApp +2348027390046, 08034113771.
email: forbeshomes.ng@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stella Damasus Celebrates Her 40th Birthday (Photo) / Leo Mezie: With Kidney Ailment, Having Children Not My Priority / Speed Darlington Shares Photo Of Adaier, The Lady Who Inspired His Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.