Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Can Rats Carry The Virus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Rats Carry The Virus (3810 Views)

5 Scientists Who Studied Ebola Killed By The Virus / EBOLA: This Is What US Gave To Nigeria To Contain Spread Of The Virus / Baby Who Had Been "Cured" Of HIV Now Has The Virus Resurfacing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Rats Carry The Virus by aadewale(m): 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2007
Hi Nairalanders,

I heard from one of my simblings how rats invaded their dormitory and started eating their toes while they are fast asleep.

They only wake up in the morning to find out that their are little cuts sometimes with blood on their toes or fingers.

Now my questios is this. Can rats transmits diseases like HIV and other blood related diseases. Can AIDS virus survive in rats and be transmitted.

Thanks for your anticipated relevant and useful response.

Thanks y'all
Re: Can Rats Carry The Virus by worm(f): 11:08am On May 12, 2007
Rats transmit the disease called LASAFEVER i dont know much about it sha, but they said it is very deadly. Pls advice your siblings to avoid such incidence as it is very dangerous to their help.
Gudluck
Re: Can Rats Carry The Virus by worm(f): 11:10am On May 12, 2007
sorry for the last word. I mean HEALTH (typographic error)
Re: Can Rats Carry The Virus by Adeadeleke(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2008
Virus cant survive in rats
Re: Can Rats Carry The Virus by Okejazz(m): 6:49am On Mar 16, 2008
Are you insinuating that rats can't suffer to viral infections?

In that case, why do we have disease studies on lab rats?
Re: Can Rats Carry The Virus by ifyalways(f): 6:44pm On Mar 16, 2008
aadewale:

Hi Nairalanders,

Now my questios is this. Can rats transmits diseases like HIV and other blood related diseases. Can AIDS virus survive in rats and be transmitted.

Thanks y'all
NO,rats dont transmit HIV.
They can though transmit other viral diseases like andes virus,hantavirus,flavavirus [/i]etc but NOT hiv.
worm:

Rats transmit the disease called LASAFEVER i don't know much about it sha, but they said it is very deadly. Please advice your siblings to avoid such incidence as it is very dangerous to their help.
Gudluck
Yes,[i]lasafever,rat bite fever,rat flea,rabies
etc are some of the deadly rats/rodents diseases.Lasafever is deadly and sometimes might be mistaken for malaria.
Re: Can Rats Carry The Virus by Sweetnecta: 12:49am On Dec 28, 2011
@Worm; salaamualaykum. send me a message at galadimalou@aol.com. needs to talk to you.
Re: Can Rats Carry The Virus by healthlife(m): 8:18am On Jan 06, 2012
Rats eat from dustbins, run in gutters and toilets. So you can imagine all the bacteria and virus they carry along. It's best not to allow them breed in your house.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Accounts For 27% Of Global Malaria Deaths – World Health Organisation / Six Important Tests You Have To Carried Out Before You Marry Him Or Her. / A Thread For Male Reproduction And Urinary System Problems And Solutions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.