Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me (32353 Views)

PDP Rally: How Adamawa People Welcomed Atiku (Videos) / Aerial View Of Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Oyo (Video) / See How Ekiti People Welcomed Atiku In Ekiti State-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by Kennydoc(m): 11:46am On Feb 11, 2019
midolian:
1. The crowd is nothing compared with the crowd that welcomed Buhari

You're a liar! Put the pictures side by side and compare. Even the people outside the stadium yesterday were probably more than those inside. Buhari only filled the inside. Kwankwaso filled not just the stadium but all the streets around the stadium.

2. The capacity of the campaign venue is a maximum of 40,000. If out of the millions of registered voters in Kano, a meagre 40,000 came to grace the rally, it shouldn’t mean anything to those who use reason.

Use your sense bro. If the stadium is 40k capacity, it means 40k people will be able to sit down at any given time. It doesn't account for those standing on the pitch and the tracks, does it? Does it also account for those standing on the aisles and those hanging on different things? If that stadium is 40k capacity, I can boldy tell you that at least 80k people were there yesterday.
Now, those who filled up the streets outside the stadium were probably as much as those inside. Did you also include them in your 40k?

3. Assuming #5000 was given to each person at the campaign venue (as alleged in some quarters and confirmed by some people in the Kwankwasiyyah group), a piffling sum of #200,000,000 would have been more than enough to gather such crowd.
I call this piffling not because I am wealthy but because Atiku spent much more than that during the PDP presidential primaries. He was confirmed to have given each delegate $5,000. Atiku got a total number of 1,532 votes during the PDP presidential primaries, so I will be limiting my calculation to this number on the assumption that those who voted for him were the only beneficiaries of the money (which can’t be true). If $5,000 was given to a delegate, the total amount spent would have been at least 2.7billion naira... (I used 360 as the exchange rate)

Can you tell us how much Buhari has been paying for his crowds including those he rents from neighbouring States?
If Atiku could pay such amount to get them attend his rally, he can also pay them to get them vote for him.

4. What he spent on just a hundred and fifty delegates can garner much more people than we saw yesterday. As we all know, the PDP is a party filled with people who are media freaks and would do anything to have a good image on social media rather than in reality.

5. What should be worrisome to the PDP(if they are thoughtful) is the fact that over 90% of the crowd were on red caps, which means if you don’t belong to the kwankwasiyyah movement, there is high likelihood that you don’t do Atiku..

So you think all Kwankwasiyya members in Kano state attended the rally, or are you assuming all PDP supporters in Kano are Kwankwasiyya members? There was PDP in Kano before Kwankwaso returned, and even if Kwankwaso decamps to APC today, there will still be people that will vote for PDP in Kano.

6. A friend of mine who happens to belong to this movement told me clearly yesterday that, even if they were not paid, majority of them would have gone to welcome Atiku and cronies just because they wouldn’t want Kwankwaso to be disgraced...but this doesn’t change the fact that those who will be voting for Buhari in the presidential election are in the majority.

That's the same way they will vote Atiku and other PDP candidates so that Kwankwaso will not be disgraced.

7. Kano State is so populated that even if the devil goes there for campaign, he would get at least 30,000 people to welcome him.

For a private citizen like Atiku to get more supporters than the sitting president in Kano, then Buhari is in soup. If Atiku was the president, I would have said people turned out just to see him cos he's the president. This explains the crowd Buhari pulls in some states when people turn out just to catch a glimpse of the president, not that they love him. It's the same reason Jonathan had some northerners show up in his campaign in 2015.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by Agugbadin: 11:51am On Feb 11, 2019
kaen1317:
And I guess the crowd that welcomed Lifeless including the ones from Niger means something abi

Buhari can only come back to Aso Rock by rigging election and falsifying results, otherwise Nigerians have rejected him and heaven has also rejected his leadership.
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:52am On Feb 11, 2019
The funny part is, the few neutral Nigerians that do not support any party, those ones that just want a good leader and a better nation.
Those few are still going to vote for Buhari. I know cuz I've spoken to over 50 and they are saying the same thing.
"We prefer a slow progress to backwardness"
"We will rather have a Buhari that is lifeless but honest than an active Atiku that will take us back to where we are coming from"
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by Acheron: 11:57am On Feb 11, 2019
Clerverly:
grin grin grin
Pally, nawa o
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by Smartphelz: 11:59am On Feb 11, 2019
afroniger:

Bro. Don't disturb yourself. I just pity all them PDP folks jubilating already because na their type no dey fit handle the agony of defeat. Fg better ban sniper else too many people may commit suicide because they've worked themselves up so much that their heart just won't be able to cope with Atiku's impending loss.
Ode we handled Jonathan's defeat gracefully we hope you blood-thirsty elements will do same next week
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by abdmams: 12:02pm On Feb 11, 2019
midolian:

I actually created the thread to enlighten many of you so you don't do something funny when Buhari is easily declared winner. You guys know nada

you said that the stadium has a capacity of 40,000, meaning that it has 40, 000 seats. have you 4gotten the people standing on the football field and track? those people may even exceed 40,000
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by udemzyudex(m): 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2019
abduljabbar4:
What i dont even undersrand is why some people in a faraway land act like they know better than whats going on around you. I just pity Atiku cos a lot of my friends attended his rally but only 2 are voting Atiku.

Lets see what mallam kyankyaso can do against Mai Gaskiya

I'm sure your friends are not the only people in Kano state.
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by puzzlegate(m): 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
midolian:

2. The capacity of the campaign venue is a maximum of 40,000. If out of the millions of registered voters in Kano, a meagre 40,000 came to grace the rally, it shouldn’t mean anything to those who use reason.

3. Assuming #5000 was given to each person at the campaign venue (as alleged in some quarters and confirmed by some people in the Kwankwasiyyah group), a piffling sum of #200,000,000 would have been more than enough to gather such crowd.
I call this piffling not because I am wealthy but because Atiku spent much more than that during the PDP presidential primaries. He was confirmed to have given each delegate $5,000. Atiku got a total number of 1,532 votes during the PDP presidential primaries, so I will be limiting my calculation to this number on the assumption that those who voted for him were the only beneficiaries of the money (which can’t be true). If $5,000 was given to a delegate, the total amount spent would have been at least 2.7billion naira... (I used 360 as the exchange rate)

4. What he spent on just a hundred and fifty delegates can garner much more people than we saw yesterday. As we all know, the PDP is a party filled with people who are media freaks and would do anything to have a good image on social media rather than in reality.

5. What should be worrisome to the PDP(if they are thoughtful) is the fact that over 90% of the crowd were on red caps, which means if you don’t belong to the kwankwasiyyah movement, there is high likelihood that you don’t do Atiku..

6. A friend of mine who happens to belong to this movement told me clearly yesterday that, even if they were not paid, majority of them would have gone to welcome Atiku and cronies just because they wouldn’t want Kwankwaso to be disgraced...but this doesn’t change the fact that those who will be voting for Buhari in the presidential election are in the majority.

7. Kano State is so populated that even if the devil goes there for campaign, he would get at least 30,000 people to welcome him.

Thank you

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8726606_8641706img20190131181015jpeg23a2717e1cbae958afea447ac675f78d_jpeg99642c0c2ed8899a1d9856bcba3f6c86
Buhari in Kano

Atiku in Kano
what is the aim of this post really. .....waiting to see s meet president In Aso rock. say what you like we won't vote buharj again. if Atiku does not perform in2023 we equally vote him out simple.
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by abduljabbar4(m): 12:08pm On Feb 11, 2019
udemzyudex:

I'm sure your friends are not the only people in Kano state.

But these are a few random people who attended the rally (of kaduna not kano). Ever heard of sample survey?
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by Ojiofor: 12:14pm On Feb 11, 2019
midolian:

Thank you

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8726606_8641706img20190131181015jpeg23a2717e1cbae958afea447ac675f78d_jpeg99642c0c2ed8899a1d9856bcba3f6c86
Buhari in Kano

Atiku in Kano

And if Atiku had met empty stadium I know it would have meant a lot to you grin continue jare cos man must wack.
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by echodrum(m): 12:14pm On Feb 11, 2019
midolian:

I actually created the thread to enlighten many of you so you don't do something funny when Buhari is easily declared winner. You guys know nada
enlighten yourself first. You have No moral justification to enlighten us when you are canvassing for a man who is mentally incapacitated to be your president.
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by maestroferdi: 12:20pm On Feb 11, 2019
midolian:

Its expected from dickheads who have nothing reasonable to say. Counter my thread with facts if you have the sense
Give it up, you are becoming pathetic...

Why would anybody in their right mind be wasting precious time debunking your asinine contraptions?
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by maestroferdi: 12:24pm On Feb 11, 2019
midolian:

Enlightenmentinho, oya clap for yasef...
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by LeBari: 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2019
Why Your Stupidity Don't Matter To Me:

- Because you are a lazy youth and lifeless zombie.
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by tafat: 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2019
That crowd means a lot o
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by yaki84: 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2019
midolian:

Thank you

Buhari in Kano

Atiku in Kano
r u thru?
no. 8 no dey?

ha ask ngeneukwenu she fit comeup with something touchy
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by Chikpat(m): 12:51pm On Feb 11, 2019
Atiku cannot win Buhari in Kano. Mark my words
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by Bishop1monte(m): 12:54pm On Feb 11, 2019
midolian:

Thank you

Buhari in Kano

Atiku in Kano

You are in severe pains. Please let's see your write-up about the crowd that came to welcome buhari
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by jrusky(m): 1:02pm On Feb 11, 2019
But Buhari crowd mean something isn't Anyway your user name or Nick name or real name says it all *Meldonia or Meldolin* no need to say anything further.

Pls see your doctor.
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by greggng: 1:13pm On Feb 11, 2019
We all know this to be a fact...but i love the fact that pdp can only win online but apc wins at the ballot. To me is a win win situation
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by udemzyudex(m): 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
The funny part is, the few neutral Nigerians that do not support any party, those ones that just want a good leader and a better nation.
Those few are still going to vote for Buhari. I know cuz I've spoken to over 50 and they are saying the same thing.
"We prefer a slow progress to backwardness"
"We will rather have a Buhari that is lifeless but honest than an active Atiku that will take us back to where we are coming from"

Keep deceiving yourself, Mr speaker.
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by udemzyudex(m): 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2019
abduljabbar4:

But these are a few random people who attended the rally (of kaduna not kano). Ever heard of sample survey?

Funny, no need to talk much, let's wait till Saturday.
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2019
If there was enough crowd in Kano the APC would not have imported people from outside Nigeria not even within but outside to help fill the same stadium or Atiku is richer than the APC with Dangote and otedola
Tinubu earns unearned billions from Lagos but could fill up a 24,000 capacity stadium Ona weekend

midolian:

Thank you

Buhari in Kano

Atiku in Kano

Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by snowball11(m): 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2019
And the ones that welcomed your lifeless-personified in Lagos means shit to you

Okoro! grin
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by TEYA: 1:57pm On Feb 11, 2019
afroniger:

Bro. Don't disturb yourself. I just pity all them PDP folks jubilating already because na their type no dey fit handle the agony of defeat. Fg better ban sniper else too many people may commit suicide because they've worked themselves up so much that their heart just won't be able to cope with Atiku's impending loss.
I can bet with absolute certainty that by this time next week, all of them PDP goons will be wailing "Buhari rigged the election". grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by Pizzle1234(m): 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
What about people on the pitch and those that are outside the stadium, did you count them? Bro try again.
midolian:

Thank you

Buhari in Kano

Atiku in Kano
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by worriedguy(m): 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2019
When you see crowd in apc rally it is because the people loves buhari but when you see crowd in pdp rally then it is rented crowd..nice logic
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by Kaluxxl: 2:28pm On Feb 11, 2019
*Disclaimer* I can't say am totally neutral on my current political views as I am currently, slowly being "Atikulated" post my long wait for FeBuhari. On the discussion about the supposed 40,000 crowd. When a stadium is sad to be a capacity. Egg Wembley, Old Trafford, Camp nor etc. It in today's terms means seating capacity. Maracana in Brazil had a standing cap. of over 200,000 sitting now is about 80,000. Wembley had a crowd of 160,000 watch an FA cup final back in the 1930's. Today Wembley sits about 90,000 people. What I author of this thread seems to forget is that mainly the main majority of the crowd in both Buhari and Atiku's campaigns at these venues were not in the stands. They were on the pitch. So it you were estimating a crowd of 40,000 Atikulated supporters, he would have had to have sorted 80- 90,000 people in the stands and just under a 100,000 on the pitch and fences. You would be talking about buying about 200,000 people. My facts on these are stats. from organising shows and crusades at Stadia all around the country in the last 15 yrs.
When in 2014 I saw the crowds greeting Buhari in Bauchi, Kano and Gombe I knew GET was a goner as I had hoped. I had been sold on the anti corruption drive of the PMB. I also felt that he would reign in some of his kinsmen causing problems in the Middle bet. But instead a new theater of war has opened up in Zamfara Sokoto axis and someone decided to conveniently call them bandits.. Do bandits hold territory. I could go on and on... Let us port with who ever will make our lives better and unite us more as a nation.
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by povicky1(m): 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2019
midolian:

My friend, will you sharrap dia, you are just a cry baby... Use your sense dude

Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by samafooo: 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2019
Mr analyst where were you when apc imported people from Niger �� Republic
Re: Why The Crowd That Welcomed Atiku In Kano Means Nothing To Me by Online4u: 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMY36Vr2ta8

Massive Crowd At Rivers State PDP Presidential Campaign Rally
#BetterNigeria #PDPRiversRally #BetterWithAtiku #AtikuObi

#TheAtikuPlan #PDPRiversRally The @OfficialPDPNig Presidential Campaign Rally is holding today in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. We invite all our members and teeming supporters to participate enmass. Come, #LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain

Port Harcourt people we hail oh!!! The future President of our country don reach una side. Come out and join the campaign for a #BetterNigeria #PDPRiversRally #BetterWithAtiku #AtikuObi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel Inspects Refinery And Plants In Eastern Obolo, Akwa Ibom / Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police / Yoruba Elders, Tinubu Supporters Protest Over Muslim-muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.