Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad (8357 Views)

Buhari Didn’t Need NJC To Appoint Me – Acting CJN / Cct Trial: Allow Njc To Decide Onnoghen’s Fate, Nba Begs Fg / Senators Attempt To Reconvene The National Assembly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad by comos: 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2019
The National Judicial Council (NJC) will meet to give its verdict after hearing from suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen and the acting CJN, Ibrahim Muhammad, on Monday.

The NJC, which is constitutionally responsible for the discipline of senior judicial officers, had scheduled the meeting after giving the two senior members of the council seven days to respond to petitions brought against them.

While Mr Onnoghen is accused of false asset charge, his counterpart was indicted of constitutional violation for submitting himself to be sworn in by President Muhammadu Buhari after Mr Onnoghen was suspended by the president, without approval from the NJC, in January.

The petition indicting Mr Onnoghen was written by members of a group, Resource Centre For Civil Education, while the allegation against Mr Muhammad was written by a lawyer, Olisa Agbakoba, and another group, Centre for Justice and Peace Initiative.

Confirming the meeting on Sunday, the NJC spokesperson, Soji Oye said the meeting is a follow-up of the one which resulted in the January 29 directive by the NJC.

If both officers are found liable by the council after today’s meeting, the consequence may include the appointment of a new CJN for the country.

source : Premium Times
Re: NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad by Justpd: 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2019
0koyibos:

Say that slowly without crying. grin

Bia be careful with me o I dey quick vex undecided
Re: NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad by 0koyibos: 1:40pm On Feb 11, 2019
Justpd:

Oya, no cry.

But that Onnoghen matter pain my Pdpigz o! grin

Their ticket to rigging don cut
Re: NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad by AlhajaChinyere: 1:40pm On Feb 11, 2019
Justpd:

vex kee you there!
Re: NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad by Justpd: 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2019
AlhajaChinyere:

vex kee you there!

Lolz
Re: NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 11, 2019
Umu eghu...they have been crying all along for the case to be referred to NJC. Now NJC has given a verdict not in their favour suddenly NJC is compromised
Re: NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad by eLcastro(m): 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2019
collins2good:
Anything that happen in Nigeria now ,PDP must cry put, i use to hear that PDP is thé largest party in Africa , how has thé mighty fallen
you the one carrying pdp matter like gala o.......you said in 2015 the party is dead and gone., lil did you know 2019 was going to be diff.....pdp still remain largest in Africa....anyday Buhari legs apc...it's over...watch
Re: NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad by Starpro87(m): 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2019
Has the justice Tanko's asset declaration forms been examined, now that it has become a top prerequisite for such an exalted office?
Re: NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad by owunabastard: 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2019
modath:

He is a sitting governor, try change the constitution... You guys wail without sound analysis/judgement.

Away from the moot points, that constitution needs . It arrogates too much power to office holders , from Executive to Legislature to Judiciary.... It's a terrible hand down from the military....
Now you can quote constitution, but on CJN case, you pretend to forget constitution. Nigeria has a long way to go
Re: NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:49pm On Feb 11, 2019
what is the NJC reconvening for when it has been alleged that the presidency has bought them over? Nigerians and the world are watching on the outcome of their meeting today.....
Re: NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad by Parada: 1:57pm On Feb 11, 2019
Ugwauyi commission one of a kind new stadia in Enugu as he commissioned signature project https://www.nairaland.com/5016266/enugu-ugwauyi-signature-projects#up
Re: NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad by cyprex: 2:09pm On Feb 11, 2019
Sirheny007:
Executive playing ping pong balls with the judiciary.

Only in Nigeria.

What is this one saying?
Re: NJC To Reconvene Today Over Onnoghen, Muhammad by precious1967(m): 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2019
Njc have no mountain than to dance to presidency tune bcoz most of them ve skeletons in their cupboards.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gowon Did Not Cede Bakassi - Akinjide / Northern States PDP Chairmen Endorse Agbo, Maibasira, Kabiru For NWC / FG, States, Lgs Share N740, 880bn FAAC Allocation For August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.