Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,802 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? (13788 Views)

How You Can Raise Up To N25 Million For Your Business B4 Christmas / How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? / Seyi Tinubu: ‘You Have Achieved Once You Are Able To Start A Business' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by jaelz(m): 1:04pm On Feb 11, 2019
Hello Nairalanders, in the spirit of getting to the promise land in terms of business set up and acquisition, I noticed the most common problem faced by most entrepreneurs here is how to raise capital.

I would appreciate it if successful business owners can lecture us on how they were able to raise or come up with the desired capital they needed to fully set up their personal hustles i.e was savings, grants, loans or family?

Please lets all help each other on how to raise money and capital for our personal businesses... Remember we rise by lifting others, no one man is an island of his own...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by jaelz(m): 1:05pm On Feb 11, 2019
Please lets share ideas here also... As for me I was able to raise money from savings from little jobs I did earlier on, where I signed up as vending agent (Vendor) with www.irecharge.com.ng/irecharge_biz I was able to get a very good location and opened a small shop where I earned commission on every single transaction being carried by me be it Electricity Meter Recharge (Prepaid and Postpaid), Data Recharge, Airtime Purchase or Cable Tv Subscriptions...

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Onnasucs1(m): 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2019
I got a loan from a relative

5 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by jaelz(m): 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2019
That is great
Onnasucs1:
I got a loan from a relative

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by belamour(m): 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2019
I sold some of my property

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by kemax11: 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2019
Criminals everywhere!

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by modath(f): 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2019
Other people's money.... friends & family....

Focusing on biz that doesn't need much funds to start.

Having great rep, people will trust you with big sum....

14 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by NevetsIbot(m): 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2019
Well. The issue I'm facing now. I could learn a lot from this thread
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Alejob: 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2019
Asekun lowo.... Think big start small

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by femijay8271(m): 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2019
Me, I need money 4 my business ooo, any helping soul? Pls Dis is my acct UbA 2062559632 cry

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Uka15(m): 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2019
I saved up money from my work. Although it wasn't easy. You have to cut down unnecessary expenses.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Spuggie: 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2019
interesting
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Adegbem01(m): 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2019
Please I need capital to buy tokunbo car for taxi in akure, I have done the survey and can pay back in one year.. Please someone should help me out

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Aphroditee(f): 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2019

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by aywhy93(m): 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2019
Though, it was difficult... But I started by getting a Job, I used to receive a token every month but I never made the mistake of saving my token... Instead of saving, I was investing... [I'd think deeply and buy anything that has value, I'll resell it and re-invest. I had this on repeat]. When the money accumulated enough, I started my business fully with it... It feels so good when you are your own boss, you make legit money from your own ideas/business, it gives you a level of confidence a salary earner would hardly posses.

32 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by dwisedgreat: 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2019
need to lean too
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 11, 2019
I gathered funds from organizing series of training programs on different online business

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by puresaint(m): 2:56pm On Feb 11, 2019
Loan from friends.. But my in-laws help me big time to sum it up, God Almighty played the greatest role by given me a shop. fine Shop and great sells too..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by hansomb: 2:57pm On Feb 11, 2019
The little you have now use it wisely. Sacrifice.

3 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by bryanarchie: 2:59pm On Feb 11, 2019
Family helped me out Plus savings from my salary...

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Blinkers: 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2019
cool

See as beneficial thread for budding entrepreneurs empty.

If it is a thread on bobrisky or buhari/atiku, you'll see the .id.io.ts litter the thread arguing rubbish

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by gift01: 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2019
If you currently have a job and desire to set up your business then you could have daily contributions and be strict with it or you can put head together friends and start a contribution whereby someone will take from the poo of contributed funds at agreed date as you all must have picked when it would get to your turn to collect. Hope you understand

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by hahn(m): 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2019
"If your business idea is good enough it should be able to raise capital for itself"

I started out as a middle man. I simply marketed products from wholesalers directly to the customers. Customers pay me, I deducted my profit, paid the seller and shipped to the buyer.

That way I don't have to bother about capital. I simply use the customers money as capital

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by MrHighSea: 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2019
Savings

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by judecares1(m): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2019
good afternoon all
i wanted to have a cab for UBER here in lagos but my challenge now is cash

someone can still help me
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by tym92(m): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2019
k
Blinkers:
cool

If it is a thread on bobrisky or buhari/atiku, you'll see the .id.io.ts litter the thread arguing rubbish
k
don't mind them...lazy yoots everywhere
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by koolangel1(m): 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2019
It depends on kind of business you want to do, more info on the type of business is required , to advise you better

3 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by BedLam: 3:04pm On Feb 11, 2019
Blinkers:
cool

It is appalling! Even people that sourced for funds and got it won't tell you because we believe in hiding information, information that's the greatest tool in this era. I've encountered people who hide basic knowledge that you can find on Google.
Yo what extent? Whether they like it or not, there will always be a competition. So why not help ? We are not modelled to look at ourselves as a whole. Rather we want to do things alone.
Let me show you an example, Microsoft used to be like the average Nigerian but they realized the world has started moving from that archaic way of hoarding information. What did they do ? They started open source most of their programs and supported Linux.
The results have been overwhelming!

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Eshence: 3:04pm On Feb 11, 2019
i took salary loan to start after repayment i resigned to be my own boss

3 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Tufunky: 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2019
I was 27. Primarily consulted family and friends. I wasn't able to raise the full amount. Also looked around for the resources I already had that I didn't need to buy. I scaled down on my initial start-up plan. I started with what I had. It was hell the first 3 years. But I'm OK now.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Amuluonyenaego: 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2019
DAD NO DEY GREE BRING OUT SOMETHING NA SO I ENTER SHOP AND I WAS THE ONLY ONE THERE AFTER MAKING A GREAT SALES FOR THE DAY..... NA SO I GRAB 50K VERY TIGHT IN 2006.....NA SO I STARTED MY LITTLE BIZ

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emefiele: CBN Gives Dangote N75b Forex Support / Invest In Concrete Mixer Business / 1st Nigeria Forex Conference - Building Successful Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.