Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,994 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:07 AM

How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? (13761 Views)

How You Can Raise Up To N25 Million For Your Business B4 Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Bacteriologist(m): 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
BedLam:
It is appalling! Even people that sourced for funds and got it won't tell you because we believe in hiding information, information that's the greatest tool in this era. I've encountered people who hide basic knowledge that you can find on Google.
Yo what extent? Whether they like it or not, there will always be a competition. So why not help ? We are not modelled to look at ourselves as a whole. Rather we want to do things alone.
Let me show you an example, Microsoft used to be like the average Nigerian but they realized the world has started moving from that archaic way of hoarding information. What did they do ? They started open source most of their programs and supported Linux.
The results have been overwhelming!

Very true.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Tolzeal(m): 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
I wouldn't advice getting a loan to start a business but you can if you're planning to scale the business.

Best way to source for money is through family and friends, if no family or friends who is ready to help then you need to get a job then do the 40:40:20 theorem.

5 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Abimbola29(m): 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
pls o,mine is that I have business but what I did was, I was able to raise some cash through savings,I am using the money to develop my mums house so that I will put in a tenant who will pay me

3 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Timagex(m): 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
Savings, help from parents.

Easier said than done o. Its cold out here embarassed lipsrsealed

IG @timagex photography. Portraits, events, nature,, landscape, model, street shoots.

Yours in photography, timagex. cool
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Abimbola29(m): 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
pls o,mine is that I have business but what I did was, I was able to raise some cash through savings,I am using the money to develop my mums house so that I will put in a tenant who will pay me at least I can get a return
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Seandisputed(m): 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
You guys should keep them coming please
I'm learning a lot

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Lakside1955(m): 3:09pm On Feb 11, 2019
I came from polygamous home of five wives, I lost my mum at the age of 10, life so difficult after that from my step mums, from there nothing on my mind than to hustle hustle hustle.
I started by doing labouring at site, then proceed by doing car wash, I gathered money from the car wash to got myself a bike (okada) then I started using the bike to hustle every evening, from there, I gain admission into LASU, still proceeding with my bike hustle, I engaged myself in weekly contribution (10k) precisely, still from bike hustle, I got my turn from the contribution which is 250k, I rented a shop with 96k, furnished the shop a bit with more than 50k, I started cloth business in march 1st 2013 with just 72k while still on bike hustle.
Today am a self boss and a full owner of 3 bedroom flat and Lexus Es 330 with a beautiful family, a girl and a boy cool

124 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Tolzeal(m): 3:11pm On Feb 11, 2019
Abimbola29:
pls o,mine is that I have business but what I did was, I was able to raise some cash through savings,I am using the money to develop my mums house so that I will put in a tenant who will pay me

Investing in real estate is a good one as it's been regarded as passive income. You will definitely recoup the invested money back to time. I will always do real estate over anything but the next achievement for you would be scaling it up , by that I mean getting more houses ( Rooms ) for rental.

Depending on a single rental is not really great and could cut life short. You want to be a commercial landlord.

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by samcus(m): 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2019
open bet9ja shop nd thank me later

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2019
Started the business barely a year ago, with half capital grin. I wasn't able to raise the entire amount at once. So I started small and I'm expanding gradually. It has not been a smooth ride at allll. The capital was from my little savings when I was still working. Now, I concentrate fully on the business else those greedy sales boys would rip you off and send you back to square one not knowing the amount of sacrifice you've put into it.

4 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by SmartMindsFx: 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2019
jaelz:
Hello Nairalanders, in the spirit of getting to the promise land in terms of business set up and acquisition, I noticed the most common problem faced by most entrepreneurs here is how to raise capital.

I would appreciate it if successful business owners can lecture us on how they were able to raise or come up with the desired capital they needed to fully set up their personal hustles i.e was savings, grants, loans or family?

Please lets all help each other on how to raise money and capital for our personal businesses... Remember we rise by lifting others, no one man is an island of his own...
the best way to raise capital if you are stock is to sell your knowledge...
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Uglymugg: 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2019
BedLam:
They started open source most of their programs and supported Linux.
The results have been overwhelming!
Not really a great example, because I can just counter by saying that Apple Inc. uses closed source for their OS but they're a trillion dollar company.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Justfunkira(m): 3:26pm On Feb 11, 2019
.....n..

8 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by J4JUVENTUS(m): 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2019
Lakside1955:
I came from polygamous home of five wives, I lost my mum at the age of 10, life so difficult after that from my step mums, from there nothing on my mind than to hustle hustle hustle.
I started by doing labouring at site, then proceed by doing car wash, I gathered money from the car wash to got myself a bike (okada) then I started using the bike to hustle every evening, from there, I gain admission into LASU, still proceeding with my bike hustle, I engaged myself in weekly contribution (10k) precisely, still from bike hustle, I got my turn from the contribution which is 250k, I rented a shop with 96k, furnished the shop a bit with more than 50k, I started cloth business in march 1st 2013 with just 72k while still on bike hustle.
Today am a self boss and a full owner of 3 bedroom flat and Lexus Es 330 with a beautiful family, a girl and a boy cool
More like from Grass to Grace...

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by AJ01(m): 3:28pm On Feb 11, 2019
gift01:
If you currently have a job and desire to set up your business then you could have daily contributions and be strict with it or you can put head together friends and start a contribution whereby someone will take from the poo of contributed funds at agreed date as you all must have picked when it would get to your turn to collect. Hope you understand
It is called adashe here in kano, really helpful
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Lakside1955(m): 3:28pm On Feb 11, 2019
Justfunkira:

lie !!!!
Nah money from okada you take buy lexus?..Lol
Gee buruku. grin
Is to read now a problem for you? Or u expect me to start explaining all the journey here one by one?
Ode oshi

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Lakside1955(m): 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2019
J4JUVENTUS:
More like from Grass to Grace...
That just it bro, today am a graduate with degree, I never have it for once on my mind to go and look for job around, cos am doing fine with my business, am even ok more than some managers in Nigeria company grin

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Uglymugg: 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2019
Lakside1955:
all this hustle and you still fresh like that? This is inspirational.

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by maisauki: 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2019
Dia r 2 surest ways of getin capital: ur idea eg zuckerberg, bill gates or frm family eg dangote. D 3rd option is like imposibu and unadvisable-govt enriched
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Lakside1955(m): 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2019
Uglymugg:
all this hustle and you still fresh like that? This is inspirational.
Bro, that fresh na just natural o I swear, even when am still doing bike hustle, if I stay at the bustop, some passengers will be afraid to come and meet me cos they will think this one is not bike man may be he's waiting for someone grin
If I show u my 10yrs challenge picture, you will be surprise, cos even when owu dey blow me loudly am still looking fresh, na God sha

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by J4JUVENTUS(m): 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2019
Lakside1955:

That just it bro, today am a graduate with degree, I never have it for once on my mind to go and look for job around, cos am doing fine with my business, am even ok more than some managers in Nigeria company grin
Nice One...God bless you more..
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Lakside1955(m): 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2019
J4JUVENTUS:
Nice One...God bless you more..
And you too bro
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by J4JUVENTUS(m): 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2019
Lakside1955:

And you too bro
Amen.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by dommyini: 3:36pm On Feb 11, 2019
Simple
I got a loan from a bank
Bought a car for supply
Rented a shop to store the items
Used the remaining cash to buy fast moving agricultural products and supply
N/B.the profit i make from this business is used to pay back the loan and i also have some savings from it.

The point is if you really want to start a business
put your mind in it.
be focused.
Don't be distracted by what people say,discipline yourself,cut down on your expenses and above all PRAY.PRAY AND PRAY.

6 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 11, 2019
gathered funds from organizing series of training programs on different online business
You too can learn from this
https://www.gbojom.com.ng/2017/10/how-to-make-money-online.html?m=1
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by lovelybugs(f): 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2019
Got some money from my parents and added my savings.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Abimbola29(m): 3:42pm On Feb 11, 2019
Tolzeal:

Investing in real estate is a good one as it's been regarded as passive income. You will definitely recoup the invested money back to time. I will always do real estate over anything but I the next achievement for you would be scaling it up is getting more houses ( Room ) for rental .

Depending on a single rental is not really great and could cut life short.
my aunt just acquired a one acre of land but the area is not developed yet at all but its that Badagry area,I was thinking of going into plantain plantation,what do you thinking
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by eventsmallchops: 3:42pm On Feb 11, 2019
the government love taxing business, this is where government should come in by introduction and implementation of loans as start up fund for people like us, but unfortunately the government has failed, all we have all over the place are multiple tax collectors, that is why many of us are stagnant, even if they introduce it today, its only their relatives that we get access to it using ghost names to divert the funds.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by kelechi50: 3:45pm On Feb 11, 2019
Guys I love to share my experience but I don't think the risk I took to be were I am today is necessary, seeing me on a good ride now without knowing how I started, I did odd jobs and saved money before starting.but my advice is learn the trade before starting and avoid friends male or female but make friends with senior's in your line of business, look for a mentor within your business circle.read good books like Think and grow rich ,rich Dad poor Dad, Think big ,etc

3 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by erenax: 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2019
Lakside1955:

Wow
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2019
Lakside1955:

Bro, that fresh na just natural o I swear, even when am still doing bike hustle, if I stay at the bustop, some passengers will be afraid to come and meet me cos they will think this one is not bike man may be he's waiting for someone grin
If I show u my 10yrs challenge picture, you will be surprise, cos even when owu dey blow me loudly am still looking fresh, na God sha

Wonderful Opportunity In Real Estate Biz -Admission Open Strictly For The Passionate

Hello Men and Ladies,

YOU WORK as a Marketer for a Bank or Firm.
And You are given a target of about #10m to #30m to meet Monthly.
Your Salary is 50k - 200k.
� You leave Your house very early.
�Work for at least 8 hours, receive insults & even get sexually harassed by potential Clients.
� Get home late and don't have time to prepare even a decent meal
�No time for Family/husband/ wife/children/Friends
� Your health is going down & You need to sleep.
� No real Savings to Your name
�You can't afford a Vacation
� Neither can You afford a Shopping spree @ Shoprite sef
� No time for God.

YET at the end of the day, week and month, you make millions for Your Employer.
My Dear, one day, Your 'engine' will quench out of stress.
And Your Employer will quietly replace You. Asap

Why not use all those ginger & build something worthwhile for Yourself? Be your OWN boss with HIGHER PAY & LESS STRESS.
It's not all about 'HARD WORK' but 'SMART WORK'

Are You ready to EARN what You really DESERVE by joining us today?

Comment I AM READY and I will help you get started

For further inquiry, check my signature below and click on the WhatsApp chat link or;
Call/WhatsApp +2348027390046, 08034113771.
email: forbeshomes.ng@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Rolly22(m): 4:05pm On Feb 11, 2019
My own problem now is that I don't know the type of business to invest in with 1m naira. Can anyone suggest

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ideas Of Best-selling Fiverr Gigs For Nigerians In 2018 / After $1bn Drop, Nigeria May Suffer Further Decline In FX Inflows – PWC / Nigeria Emerges World’s 4th Largest Cashew Producer, Earned N284billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.