Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? (13793 Views)

How You Can Raise Up To N25 Million For Your Business B4 Christmas / How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? / Seyi Tinubu: ‘You Have Achieved Once You Are Able To Start A Business' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by igho9: 8:17am On Feb 13, 2019
lightdream:

I have always thought abt Agric biz. Please would you mind to put me through?

I have an Hondar car though it’s before year 2000 serie model, an estate land for five years . All these came from when I was driving marwa. I left d biz after I completed my Nysc .now I got sucked to think of anything in paid employment. Getting tired and looking option by the side because of tomorrow.

Bro I must say ur story is inspiring enough. If you could acquire these from driving maruwa then I think the answer is obvious- "paid employment might not get you there".
I'll suggest you source for capital and return to entrepreneurship.

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by lightdream: 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2019
igho9:

Bro I must say ur story is inspiring enough. If you could acquire these from driving maruwa then I think the answer is obvious- "paid employment might not get you there".
I'll suggest you source for capital and return to entrepreneurship.
Thank you sir.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by TITOBIGZ(m): 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2019
Smartjob1:
First, I did some manual jobs for 8months living with my mother. I saved 90% of the money during the period to buy a laptop and modem. Then I taught myself how to run econometric and data analysis using eviews, spss, sata12 and minitab using youtube (still doing menial jobs by the side). Once I am good with what that, I started contacting people in different schools, online, etc to let them know I can run their analysis (it is a must for all social and management students - Bsc, Msc and PhD) to use in doing their projects (Chapters 3, 4, 5). I told them I would do it for free for them for the first time. Few responded after months of trying my luck. Fortunately, those who responded got straight As from it and then - boom! The referrals skyrocketed. I started handling analysis from a Bsc to a Prof. With more jobs, the more my knowledge grew and the more I made money. I charge between 10k 100k for an analysis that wouldnt take more than 3-5mins to finish. Sometimes, I do this for 5 people in 2 days.

I saved money from there to set up my first company - SolPro (an ICT firm). I quickly registered as a vendor with some big firms in Port Harcourt. Then I started receiving quotes from my clients. My brethren, my story has been growing from there. I was 27years since this started.

I went on to setup an HR social networking platform www.bejite.com (which is currently offline because we are working out something. But has an alexa rank of 14m worldwide. Not bad for a social network that just started few years ago by an amateur).

I also setup a training center for programmers called CodePro. There, programmers will be trained to join us in the long-term.

We are not there yet, but we are not where we used to be. Ahead! Ahead.

Well, I still run analysis for people. But this time, I call the shots big time!

am also interested in the pdf doc,I just sent u a mail.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Ugosample(m): 8:26am On Jun 16, 2019
hahn:
"If your business idea is good enough it should be able to raise capital for itself"

I started out as a middle man. I simply marketed products from wholesalers directly to the customers. Customers pay me, I deducted my profit, paid the seller and shipped to the buyer.

That way I don't have to bother about capital. I simply use the customers money as capital

this is a good one
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Ugosample(m): 8:38am On Jun 16, 2019
Smartjob1:
First, I did some manual jobs for 8months living with my mother. I saved 90% of the money during the period to buy a laptop and modem. Then I taught myself how to run econometric and data analysis using eviews, spss, sata12 and minitab using youtube (still doing menial jobs by the side). Once I am good with what that, I started contacting people in different schools, online, etc to let them know I can run their analysis (it is a must for all social and management students - Bsc, Msc and PhD) to use in doing their projects (Chapters 3, 4, 5). I told them I would do it for free for them for the first time. Few responded after months of trying my luck. Fortunately, those who responded got straight As from it and then - boom! The referrals skyrocketed. I started handling analysis from a Bsc to a Prof. With more jobs, the more my knowledge grew and the more I made money. I charge between 10k 100k for an analysis that wouldnt take more than 3-5mins to finish. Sometimes, I do this for 5 people in 2 days.

I saved money from there to set up my first company - SolPro (an ICT firm). I quickly registered as a vendor with some big firms in Port Harcourt. Then I started receiving quotes from my clients. My brethren, my story has been growing from there. I was 27years since this started.

I went on to setup an HR social networking platform www.bejite.com (which is currently offline because we are working out something. But has an alexa rank of 14m worldwide. Not bad for a social network that just started few years ago by an amateur).

I also setup a training center for programmers called CodePro. There, programmers will be trained to join us in the long-term.

We are not there yet, but we are not where we used to be. Ahead! Ahead.

Well, I still run analysis for people. But this time, I call the shots big time!

You deserve some accolades

You did well *applause*
.Shine your eyes as you are climbing further to the top
criminals and naysayers lurk in the corners
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Ugosample(m): 8:39am On Jun 16, 2019
akaahs:
i started with keeping one female pig, give birth to 5 piglets which i sold 2 after 9 months they become 15, sold out 5 and after 8 months they became 45 sold them out and start my business of 700k now up to 2.5m

very good

very very good
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Ajibade123(m): 9:06am On Jun 16, 2019
Are you an entrepreneur.... check out how you can avoid financial problems in your business
https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-overcome-financial-problems-in-business/
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Puregold3(f): 11:25am On Jul 24, 2019
Lakside1955:
I came from polygamous home of five wives, I lost my mum at the age of 10, life so difficult after that from my step mums, from there nothing on my mind than to hustle hustle hustle.
I started by doing labouring at site, then proceed by doing car wash, I gathered money from the car wash to got myself a bike (okada) then I started using the bike to hustle every evening, from there, I gain admission into LASU, still proceeding with my bike hustle, I engaged myself in weekly contribution (10k) precisely, still from bike hustle, I got my turn from the contribution which is 250k, I rented a shop with 96k, furnished the shop a bit with more than 50k, I started cloth business in march 1st 2013 with just 72k while still on bike hustle.
Today am a self boss and a full owner of 3 bedroom flat and Lexus Es 330 with a beautiful family, a girl and a boy cool

all I can say right now is " WOW"
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Callertunez: 11:30am On Jul 24, 2019
Good thread I must say
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Lakside1955(m): 11:34am On Jul 24, 2019
Puregold3:

all I can say right now is " WOW"
Thanks
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by NkemChukwudi: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
Lakside1955:
I came from polygamous home of five wives, I lost my mum at the age of 10, life so difficult after that from my step mums, from there nothing on my mind than to hustle hustle hustle.
I started by doing labouring at site, then proceed by doing car wash, I gathered money from the car wash to got myself a bike (okada) then I started using the bike to hustle every evening, from there, I gain admission into LASU, still proceeding with my bike hustle, I engaged myself in weekly contribution (10k) precisely, still from bike hustle, I got my turn from the contribution which is 250k, I rented a shop with 96k, furnished the shop a bit with more than 50k, I started cloth business in march 1st 2013 with just 72k while still on bike hustle.
Today am a self boss and a full owner of 3 bedroom flat and Lexus Es 330 with a beautiful family, a girl and a boy cool

Wow!!!

Weldone!!!!!

Yet you are in Nigeria ooooooo. Those who left Naija are stuck in immigration camp in Italy or Spain.....and those who manage to get through are still struggling to rent a room.

Weldone Sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Learn How To Earn Over 100k Monthly Doing Snacks Business In Nigeria / Nigeria Emerges World’s 4th Largest Cashew Producer, Earned N284billion / Emefiele: CBN Gives Dangote N75b Forex Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.