Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

THE NEMESIS (complete Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE NEMESIS (complete Story) (812 Views)

The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) / The Nemesis Of Ezra Season One:beginning Of Karma. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE NEMESIS (complete Story) by olagold8888(m): 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2019
*THE NEMESIS*
Written by ADEWALE STEPHEN OLABAMIJI

Hmmm! The engagement was fantastic and awesomely wonderful on Friday; February 8, 2019. Sadly, Saturday; February 9, 2019 was a good-bad day for my friend. It was his wedding day and the Church was filled with water of people with different fragrance. As in, I like the church's structure especially the fanciful decorations with different ornaments. The protocol officers directing the motion of the vehicles, the ushers' welcome smiles and attendance of gorgeously dressed anointed officiating ministers in different expensive fabrics and some noble personalities in the country made me feel privileged to be at the wedding. The Choir's angelic voices and inspired hymnal song when the beautiful bride was taken to the holy altar by her father exhilarated my heart. Truly, I saw and felt love in the atmosphere. Oh! What a colourful wedding with different groups in various costly attires that followed the both parents. What a skyrocketed joy in my heart to behold the noble king of my community in the church. My friend, Samuel was happy to the brim to behold his dear bride, Janet at the altar. They both met at a conference about 2 years ago and now, the two is becoming one.
"The next item on the program is joining of the intending couple together and to minister is our father in the Lord, the Senior Pastor (SP) of this church" said a young man of God. He walked to the pulpit.

"Let somebody shout hallelujah!" said the Senior Pastor and the whole congregation joyfully responded. He continued "Hebrew 13:4; Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. God instituted marriage between a man and a woman from the beginning in the garden of Eden (Genesis 2:18). And Jesus, our Saviour was present in a marriage at Cana of Galilee (John 2:1-2). For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh (Genesis 2:24, Ephesians 5:31)". He ordered the intending couple to come forward. "Bro Samuel, kindly unveil your bride?" the Senior Pastor said. Samuel gladly and softly did as instructed and Janet expressed her happiness with a lovely smile offering. Chai!, the shower of love rained heavily on me. Ooh! I received baptism in an ocean of love immediately. Truly, they both love each other and they've been expecting this wonderful day. "Basically, marriage is meant for companionship (Genesis 2:18-23), procreation (Genesis 1:28), prevention of immorality and sexual sin (1 Corinthians 7:2, Hebrew 13:4) and fulfilling God's purpose for a Christian home (Ephesians 5:20-30, 6:1-5). Hmmm! Is there anyone in this congregation who is AGAINST the union of Brother Samuel Adekunle and Sister Janet Tolulope to kindly signify now or keep mute till eternity? The Senior Pastor asked. The whole church was in total silence such that one could hear a drop of needle. Alas! The congregation were left in unpleasant astonishment to behold a man who raised his voice loudly as he jumped down from the church's gallery. "I AM AGAINST THEIR UNION sir" said the man. The security and protocol officers quickly arrested and dragged him out of the church but the Senior Pastor ordered his release. "Please, let the young man come forward to clear his mind" said the Senior Pastor.

I saw the congregation in serious panic as the Senior Pastor gave him microphone to voice out. "With due respect sir, I'm sorry to conflict the ongoing peace in this atmosphere. I am Peter Jacob but my peers often call me P.JACK. I'm not here to halt the marriage but simply to collect my properties in Janet's custody" said the man. "Haaaa!" said the congregation. "About 7 years ago, Janet was my girl friend in the University. We were into drug trafficking. There's no hard drug we've never traded across some countries. We were led to the business by a friend and we were prosperous in it. In June 2012, we were almost successful at the International Airport to deliver the drug to a client but we were caught. Specifically, the substance was detected on Janet but we were arrested together because I was with her. Janet was wallowing in tears because of the great punishment ahead besides, the reputation of her parents was at stake being a noble SAN's daughter. I told her to calm down. I truly loved her besides; she was 3 months pregnant then. Actually, our plan was to do the last deal and quit the business, finish our last semester examination and then travel out for a while to enjoy.
As a man, I summoned courage to go to jail in her stead so that she would take care of our assets especially the foetus since we've both agreed to keep the baby and that she could strategically use her father's influence to let me out of the prison. So, we made it a deal and I was indicted before the law. To my astonishment, the only person who was with me at the prison was my shadow and I was decaying there. After several years, I was released and I had nothing to live on. When I went back to the school, some lecturers avoided me like a plague... calling me a ghost. I couldn't understand them until I reached the school administrative officer who brought out my file on which R.I.P. was clearly and boldly written. He told me that Janet had spread the news of my demise some years ago. He added that I was shot to death by the gunmen when I was caught in drug trafficking" said P.Jack. "Haaaa! Sister Janet" said some members in the congregation. "All my accounts were in zeros and our then joint account was blocked. The site I was building then had been sold by Janet. I don't know where she got 'my death certificate' to claim my bank investments while I'm still living. To worsen the matter, I heard that she also paid some people to get me poisoned in the prison but thank God they failed. The most painful is my father whose hands and legs got paralyzed when he heard that I'm late. The grey haired man is now on wheels.
I've been looking for her since late last year when I returned from the prison. She thought I'm dead but thank God I'm alive. I got to know that she'll be getting married today through Facebook. Sir, I'm not here to obstruct the marriage. I only need just two things from Janet which are my assets and my child. Thanks sir for the privilege". Said P.Jack. Confusion took over the congregation as Janet didn't obstruct P.Jack after his narration. Samuel became dumbfounded. "Hmmm! Sister Janet, remember God is the greatest Judge. So, what do you have to say about this? Asked Senior Pastor. Janet in tears and fears replied "it...i...s...tr...ue...sir". Pandemonium paraded the church. The bride's mother fainted and some people rushed to her aid. Some church members left in annoyance especially the very important personalities. The Groom's parent couldn't hold their peace anymore as they shamefully moved out of the church while bride's father walked out in anger as his entourage rushed after him. The bride remained standing speechlessly. The king also departed with his entourage while the groups moved out in exodus. "Hmm!, Bro Samuel Adekunle, has your bride told you this before now? Should we continue the joining?" The Senior Pastor asked.
P.Jack stood still expecting his request. "Hmm! Sir, we courted for almost 17months. Janet never told me anything like this. Sorrowfully, this is a public disgraced. I've publicly disgraced my family. I'm not interested in the union again." Samuel said as he walked out in annoyance and I moved after him being the best man. But I heard the Senior Pastor saying, Sister Janet, you should have dealt with this NEMESIS long time ago. He moved closer to persuade her and with a touch, Janet was falling for she had fainted while standing. The best lady and the bride's entourages rushed to her aid. The other officiating ministers shamefully moved to their offices while the choir parted one after the other. Outside the church, Janet was carried into the Senior Pastor's vehicle and he drove to the hospital... Angrily, Samuel instructed our driver to take us back to the hotel where we lodged over the night. I looked at the church from the vehicle's side mirror and to my greatest surprise; P.JACK took a bike and pursued the Pastor's vehicle that carried Janet...

*Dear Reader, what is the NEMESIS in your life that can stand against your union with Jesus at the Lamb's marriage?*

Hmmm! *“THE NEMESIS” could be "ADULTERY, FORNICATION, UNCLEANNESS, LASCIVIOUSNESS, IDOLATRY, WITCHCRAFT, HATRED, VARIANCE, EMULATIONS, WRATH, STRIFE, SEDITIONS, HERESIES, ENVYINGS, MURDERS, DRUNKENNESS, REVELLINGS, AND SUCH LIKE: OF THE WHICH HE TOLD YOU BEFORE, AS HE HAD ALSO TOLD YOU IN TIME PAST, THAT THEY WHICH DO SUCH THINGS SHALL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD" GALATIANS 5:19-22.*

*Brother /Sister, ONLY THE PURE IN HEARTS WILL SEE JESUS. THOSE WHOSE GARMENTS GLOW WITH PURITY*

*“That He might present it to HIMSELF a GLORIOUS CHURCH, NOT having SPOT, or WRINKLE, or ANY SUCH THING; but that it should be HOLY and WITHOUT BLEMISH.”*
Ephesians 5:27

* Written By: ADEWALE STEPHEN OLABAMIJI
* Edited By: Ayokunmi Koleoso
* Pictured By: Vessel Images
*Published By: The Act Crew

For your suggestion and/or sponsorship, contact 070-6921-1414 (Call & WhatsApp) or 08059305926 or 08154557611.
Thanks for reading.

(1) (Reply)

Content Writer Needed / Power Points For Success / Help Needed In Publishing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.