Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August (767 Views)

Poll: Will Manchester City defeat Liverpool?

Yes: 60% (3 votes)
No: 20% (1 vote)
Not today; they'll draw: 20% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

West Brom Vs Chelsea (2 - 3) On 23rd August 2015 / Chelsea Vs Leicester City (2 - 0) On 23rd August 2014 / Everton Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 23rd August 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by Cristalz(f): 11:50am On Aug 23, 2010
The battle of the challengers gets underway on Monday night, following their exertions in the Europa League. Both teams have aspirations to be playing at a higher level and, despite the opposing financial fortunes of the clubs, have claims to be pushing for Premier League title.

After a drab 0-0 start to the season against Tottenham, Man City will be under pressure to show that their crazy spending has a purpose. Yaya Toure, David Silva, Jerome Boateng, Aleksandar Kolarov, Mario Balotelli and now James Milner have arrived at Eastlands, but they will have to hit the ground running if manager Roberto Mancini is to stay in the job until Christmas. One of the favourites to get his P45 if City are not occupying one of the top spots in the league, Mancini faces an incredibly tough task to gel his collection of individuals into a team.

The team ethic at Liverpool is on the up after a season of misery at Anfield. Roy Hodgson has breathed some new life into the side and there are signs that the flair of Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres could spark the club into life. However, against City, Cole is suspended after his red card against Arsenal and Torres is still on his way towards full fitness after his World Cup exploits.

New signings Milan Jovanovic and Christian Poulsen may feature and Hodgson has an increasingly impressive squad to call upon if need be, but the pressure is on the club to make an impression early into the season to banish some of the demons of Rafa Benitez's tenure. Even at this stage of the campaign, defeat to a direct competitor could hurt their chances of making it to the Champions League further down the line.

ESPN
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by HNIC(m): 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2010
King Kong vs Mickey Mouse lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by mukina2: 12:42pm On Aug 23, 2010
^
grin grin grin

@topic i want liverpool to win  but again a draw will be nice for my FPL grin

Will watch my Yaya today cheesy
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by Cristalz(f): 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2010
King Kong's yet to find momentum, so it's still possible for Mickey Mouse to pull some tricks.
Depends on how smart Mickey can be.
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by HNIC(m): 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2010
I dey fear Citeh oooh
Even Sir alex is seated here. . . worried! grin
1-0 already
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by Krayola(m): 9:16pm On Aug 23, 2010
Tevez makes it 2-0  cool cool  grin

Ceeeelebrate good times come on. . . te ren ren ren ten ren ren ren woo hoo!!!  grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by Krayola(m): 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2010
I don't think tevez touched it. that should have gone to RichaRDS IMO
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by yousouph(m): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2010
Tevez for my FPL points. The collections of stars at CITEY can make other teams shiver.
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by Krayola(m): 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2010
PENALITY, PENALITY, PENALITY, PENALITY!!

Tevez to take score it

GOAL!!

3-0. It is a wrap!! cool
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by yousouph(m): 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2010
My captain, my tevez. This is a disgrace to the scousser
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by eleshin(m): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2010
d team is super complete,frm goalie 2 striker.
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by rasputinn(m): 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2010
What a shameful display by Liverpool angry angry angry
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by rasputinn(m): 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2010
The scousers should've hired the spuds or Stoke city to play the match for them
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by bigfather(m): 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2010
rasputinn:

What a shameful display by Liverpool angry angry angry

Am really sad ! lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester City Vs Liverpool [3 - 0] On Monday 23rd August by mamagee3(f): 11:58pm On Aug 26, 2010
Manchester City beat Liverpool to a pulp!

The defeat was so funny that I began wondering if they had players from Blackpool wear the Liverpool jersey.

(1) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Vs Athletico Bilbao 2-0- (Full time) / Strictly 4 Manchester United Fans & Supporters. Chelsea Not Invited Please. / Season Opener

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.