Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today (18255 Views)

Sowore Still In DSS Custody, Agency Set to Arraign Him Again Next Week / Saraki Reacts To EFCC Plan To Arraign Him For Allegedly Diverting 12bn / Police Refuse To Release Melaye, Move To Arraign Him On Fresh Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by ejimatic: 8:15am On Feb 12, 2019
MrAJQ:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday arrested the immediate-past Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal, Daily Trust gathered.

The former SGF, who was picked up by operatives of the agency, is expected to be arraigned today following a charge of conspiracy and fraud levelled against him by the anti-graft agency.

ADVERTISEMENT

Lawal will be docked before an FCT High Court in Maitama to be presided over by Justice Jude Okeke.

The EFCC had filed a 10-count charge bordering on conspiracy and fraud against him and Hamidu David Lawal, Suleiman Abubakar and two companies, Rholavision Engineering Ltd and Josmon Technologies Ltd.

ADVERTISEMENT

In the charge filed on January 30 by Offem Uket for the commission, Lawal was alleged to have conspired with Hamidu, a director in Rholavision and Abubakar, a staff in the same company, to fraudulently acquire a property and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 26(1)(c) of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act, 2000 and punishable under Section 12 of the same Act.

One of the charges accused Hamidu, Abubakar and Rholavision to have “abet the award of contract to Rholavision Engineering Ltd for the removal of invasive plant species and simplified irrigation to the tune of N6.4million by the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF) through the Presidential Initiative for North East (PINE).”

Count 9 of the charge accused Hamidu to have “abet the holding indirectly of a private interest by Engineer Babachir Lawal in the award of a contract to Josmon Technologies Ltd for the removal of invasive plant species and simplified irrigation by OSGF through PINE to the tune of N272.5million.”

Lawal was also accused to have fraudulently acquired a private interest in a contract awarded to Josmon Technologies Ltd.

President Muhammadu Buhari had in October 2017, sacked Lawal following a report of investigations by a panel headed by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, into allegations of fraud leveled against him.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/efcc-arrests-babachir-lawal-to-arraign-him-today.html
. It is only in this regime that Secretary to the government will be arraigned... Nobody is above the law.. A good legacy of Buhari government. When he leaves in 2023 who will sustain the tempo and momentum? That is a question that only time will answer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by ada9ja(f): 8:17am On Feb 12, 2019
they accused EFCC for not arresting him, now they did, they say is 4days to elections, as if efcc is contesting

they paid pensionners, they say is vote buying

trademoni which is by repayment and not FREE
they say why during election period

they called of ASUU strike, they put it on election mata

he commision some long time project, they say election is close na

he suspend CJN, they fot him n say is becos of election

please PDP goats can you give us the real time table for operation on nigeria

buhari campaign in kano, akwa ibom etc they accused him of renting crowd but PDP is God's crowd

when they see buhari crowd they will start calculating how many percent he will get

all PDP does is to monitor buhati crowd, mistakes, errors and to me u re all making him famous because na only devil or evil spirit they monitor person progress or success or life

you call sensible people zombies whereas u guys are acting like one

if you chased a mad man while you are naked, abeg who they go hold?
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by Gandollar(f): 8:19am On Feb 12, 2019
otipoju:

This your woss wobi get me in stitches. I tried to imagine it being said verbally in real life.

Buhari is desperate ooo. If the guy looses this election, he will be devastated.The guy fears rejection so much as his sense of worth is hinged on the adulation he receives from his fans.

I feel his handlers have shielded him from reality so much that the Ogun state stoning was a wake up call for him. ..
My brother, I'm still practicing the woooss wobi since I read it! grin
I love NL because of the big comic relief here.
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by ImNaija: 8:23am On Feb 12, 2019
Sorry, this is done to get votes on Saturday. Nigerians raised alarm about Babachir Lawal, the Senate did their findings & indicted him. EFCC & Mr. Integrity looked the other way. It took Buhari months to setup admin panel headed by Osibanjo, took him months to sack him in Oct 2017, and it has taken him a year & 4 months to be arraigned.
Someone petitions the CJN, no admin panel set up to investigate. Within few days he's arraigned at CCT, President suspends immediately.
Mr Integrity indeed.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by ImNaija: 8:33am On Feb 12, 2019
I hear you. Why did it take 1year 4months for him to be arraigned? Immediately after Saturday elections, the AGF will query the EFCC lawyer, case withdrawn & closed.
Same thing happened to Ibrahim Umar chairman of CCT, his corruption case withdrawn & closed on the orders of AGF since they knew his help is needed to deal with CJN

post=75645746:
Very Good development.....

Thanking God we have a President that does not intervene in the rule of law.
they were both jailed for corruption when President MUHAMMADU BUHARI came to power. 
But what do children of hate know apart from shouting online!?
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI.

This is also for election AGAIN?!
Oh Lawd!!
Children of hate and perdition can't just STOP to amaze us!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by nelcliff(m): 8:46am On Feb 12, 2019
MrAJQ:
Should he be a PDP member or have an allegiance to PDP the whole will not hear word

You must be very stupid for mentioning PDP in your comment..
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by udemzyudex(m): 8:53am On Feb 12, 2019
Scam, election don reach now abi.
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by udemzyudex(m): 8:56am On Feb 12, 2019
post=75645746:
Very Good development.....

Thanking God we have a President that does not intervene in the rule of law.
they were both jailed for corruption when President MUHAMMADU BUHARI came to power. 
But what do children of hate know apart from shouting online!?
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI.

This is also for election AGAIN?!
Oh Lawd!!
Children of hate and perdition can't just STOP to amaze us!

Funny, we are not fools you know. A lot have change since 2015.
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by MrAJQ(m): 9:04am On Feb 12, 2019
nelcliff:

You must be very stupid for mentioning PDP in your comment..
Not everyone in flesh is Human some are animals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by KoeChz(m): 9:08am On Feb 12, 2019
Lols. Scam of life.
Babachir saga no be today why is it now when election is around the corner. To deceive gullible nigerians i guess. You where quick in cases involving opposition.
We all knw where the case will end tho
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by MrAJQ(m): 9:08am On Feb 12, 2019
ejimatic:
. It is only in this regime that Secretary to the government will be arraigned... Nobody is above the law.. A good legacy of Buhari government. When he leaves in 2023 who will sustain the tempo and momentum? That is a question that only time will answer.

Certainly you're right but the few minority are unaware of this fact

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by MrAJQ(m): 9:11am On Feb 12, 2019
agabaI23:
Go and sit down. This is a well rehearsed drama.

Since 2016 Oga?

It won't work
Either it will work or not those that believe it will work are in full majority. That's why we're all moving to the next Level
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 12, 2019
Only zombies believe buhari is actually fighting corruption.

He went to Kano to endorse Ganduje who was caught on camera receiving kick-backs from contractors but he says we should not vote for Atiku because allegedly, he is corrupt!

Buhari was a grave mistake!
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by OneManLegion(m): 9:36am On Feb 12, 2019
oakslid:
This was where the fall out between the Presidency and Dino melaye began.

Could you enlighten me on this, please?
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by Aluckiest(m): 9:48am On Feb 12, 2019
GoldChest:
Cheap political point

Arrangee arraignment.

Nigerians are not fools .
My brother from another mother, Ur head dey there.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by hardeytarhyour(m): 9:50am On Feb 12, 2019
I love that From Buhari
Now they will keep shut
I Will Like Babachir to be prosecuted big time
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 12, 2019
nawao

Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by kokomilala(m): 10:03am On Feb 12, 2019
Last gasp efforts at trying to gain people's approval
Desperate act of showboating!
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by loomer: 10:05am On Feb 12, 2019
MrAJQ:
Should he be a PDP member or have an allegiance to PDP the whole will not hear word

keep quiet, few days before election nai them dey arrest am, who them dey fool.

person wey them go release after election
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by agabaI23(m): 10:09am On Feb 12, 2019
MrAJQ:

Either it will work or not those that believe it will work are in full majority. That's why we're all moving to the next Level
EFCC didn't see his red carpet treatment at Aso Rock few weeks back�?
This is for the elections.

NIA chief was allowed to to travel out of the country because he took the fall for another. Corruption will catch up with
All those supporting this wicked and corruption laden administration.
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by vineyardfarms: 10:11am On Feb 12, 2019
WHOM ARE THEY FOOLING
Re: EFCC Arrests Babachir Lawal, To Arraign Him Today by ivandragon: 10:23am On Feb 12, 2019
good...
but I hope his bank accounts have been frozen...
family members harassed...

properties forfeited or marked for seizure...
I hope a court order would be gotten to detain him indefinitely...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shi’ites/soldiers Clash: We’ve No Apology – Army / 4000 PDP Members In Katsina Decamp To APC (Photos) / Bola Tinubu Speaking Live At Chatham House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.