Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,015 members, 7,803,384 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

The Prisoner Agony (complete Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Prisoner Agony (complete Story) (529 Views)

House Of Scandals (the Complete Story) / The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) / Prisoner Of Love: The Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Prisoner Agony (complete Story) by olagold8888(m): 7:32am On Feb 12, 2019
THE PRISONER AGONY

WRITTEN BY ADEWALE STEPHEN OLABAMIJI
(SCENE ONE)

{Mary comes out of her bedroom crying profusely. Kola follows her to the sitting room while he buttons up his shirt)

Mary - Oh my God ! Am I not doomed like this? I keep fornicating even after I had vowed not to. This is getting out of hands, I speak in tongues (She gesticulates) I also interpret in tongues. I...

Kola - (Cuts in) Spare me all these sermons. Sister Mary, no one is perfect. We are all working towards perfection. Why do you see sex as a big deal? I am fed up of you crying anytime we do this. Let me know what I need to know so I can get my mind off you ( Moves closer to her)

Mary : Stay away from me Kola, I don't want to do this with you nor anyone until...

Kola : I am tired of hearing this from you over and over, I always try my best to stay away from you but you end up calling me again. Mary, I love you so much and i don't want to loose you.

Mary : Is this what you call love? We are workers in the vineyard of God, brother kola. (She weeps gently) I will like to be alone, kindly excuse me .

Kola : (Laughs concurrently) This is your usual word,am not surprised. Do not hesitate to call me on phone whenever you need me.(He storms out)

Mary : This is beyond my comprehension ( She kneels to talk to God) Father, this burden is too much for me to bear. Please, do not take your Holy Spirit away from me. I want to perform great exploits in your name oh Lord, help me to overcome the spirit of fornication. Do not cast me away from your presence, help me to preserve my body. I need to get out of this prison but Kola isn't helping matters, I love him a lot and I am sure that he loves me in return.
Father, I am confuse (She stands up) What is happening to me? (She checks her cellphone) I have to be on my way to church for rehearsal (She wipes her face with her handkerchief, she soliloquizes as she leaves for church)

(SCENE TWO)

(Grace, a vibrant drama minister is seen in her room studying the book of Psalms 51:1-19)

Grace - (After studying the bible, she begins to pray) Thank you gracious father, thank you for counting me among the living souls. Thank you for giving me the grace to overcome trials and temptations. Thank you for sending your only begotten son for me. Thank you Jesus for the gift of discerning between good and evil, thank you Jesus for the gift of prophesying. Thank you in anticipation for helping me to overcome the spirit of drugs, alcohols and every other thing that is not pleasing to you Lord. In Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen. (She sits down, presses her cellphone. Of a sudden, she begins to act abnormally) What is happening to me again? (She begins to behave like a drug addict, she removes her scarf and scratches her hair roughly) Haa, but I have vowed not to do this again. L.o.r.d, I have to do this for the last time. You just have to pardon me (She runs out of her bedroom, comes back holding some drugs. She settles on the floor, she rolls a paper filled with hard drug and lit it with matches. She begins to smoke heavily.) I can't kill myself, even God knows it is not easy to serve Him( She stands up and staggers to the bathroom to shower)

(SCENE THREE)
(Inside Pastor Matthew's office, he is seen reading a motivational book. On seeing Mary, he closes the book to attend to her)

Pastor - Have your seat my lovely daughter (senses her mood) am I right to assume that something is wrong?

Mary - (She sits) Your assumption is right sir. I am not okay at all

Pastor - (Sighs) What is the matter, sister Mary? Talk to me

Mary - (Sobs) Pastor, my life is a mess. I...

Pastor - Mess? Stop saying negative words into your life my daughter. Tell me what the problem is.

Mary - Sir, you know I speak in tongues, I interpret in tongues. I interpret for you whenever you preach. You know how signs and wonders happen whenever I sing, you...

Pastor - (Smiles) I know all these, my daughter. What is the matter?

Mary : (Downcast) Sir, I fornicate (She Crys) I have been in a relationship with brother Kola in the ushering department for more than seven months, we both fornicate pastor. Even though I don't want to do it, I find myself doing it over and over again.

Pastor : (Flabbergasted) What? You fornicate? I'm highly disappointed in you, I must confess to you. Since when have you been battling with this?

Mary : I have been battling with this before I gave my life to christ. Believe me pastor, I am not doing it intentionally.

Pastor - But you have a boyfriend according to what you told me?

Mary - Yes, pastor

(Enters Grace)

Grace - Good afternoon sir

Pastor - Sister Grace, good afternoon. Do wait for me at the reception, I will attend to you as soon as am through with sister Mary and...

Mary - (Cuts in) Let her stay pastor, she's a spirit filled lady and am very sure that the HOLY Spirit can minister to me through her.

Pastor - Have your seat

Grace - Thank you pastor (She sits)

Pastor - (Addresses Mary) like I said, am highly disappointed in you. You call yourself a Christian but you have a boyfriend and...

Grace - (Faces Mary) Boyfriend? So, I am not the only one battling with an addiction

Pastor - What? What are you battling with, sister Grace?

Grace- Sir, I had been a chained smoker and drug addict before I gave my life to Christ. Even after giving my life to him, I never stopped doing all these even though I wanted to Stop.

Mary - Sister Grace, you smoke? You do drugs? This is ridiculous.

Pastor - I am short of words. Let me address your issues one after the other. Sister Mary, Why do you have a boyfriend? As a Christian, you don't have to be in a wrong relationship. Even the bible states that "Flee away from every appearances of evil " I am so sure that if you are not in a wrong relationship, you can't keep doing this all the time. (Faces sister Grace) How do you expect to overcome the spirit of smoking, sniffing drugs when you still have all these things around you ? You know what?

Grace & Mary - What Pastor?

Pastor - I need to put you through somethings. Aside fasting and prayer, you both need to pass through some processes. Sister Mary, it is high time you knew what you want. If you want to follow Christ, you need to quit that wrong relationship you are into. Sister Grace, you need to dispose every trace of alcohols, cigarettes and drugs around you. Both of you should see me here tomorrow by 5pm. I am sure that with God on our side, you will scale through these. The decision is left for you to make. Let us pray (He joined his hands with theirs and they prayed) See you tomorrow, may the peace of God be with you.

Grace & Mary - Amen. Goodbye sir (They exit)

Pastor - This is unbelievable! Lord,have mercy (picks up some books and his car key) Holy spirit, minister to them. Let these ladies receive their perfect deliverance.(He leaves for home)

(SCENE FOUR)

(Three weeks later,after service on a Sunday afternoon. Mary comes to the pastor's office to share her testimony)

Mary - Goodafternoon sir, happy Sunday(She sits)

Pastor - How are you doing my daughter? Hope you enjoyed the service ?

Mary - Yes, I did. Sir, I came to share my testimony with you.

Pastor -What is the good news all about?

Mary - Sir, I broke up with brother Kola two weeks ago. Though, I have the urge to do some funny things. But I have been using the scriptural quotes you gave me. I feel joy within me, thank you so much sir.You have been a blessing to me daddy, I pray that the glory of God will never diminish in your life.

Pastor - Amen, thank you so much my lovely daughter. All glory to God Almighty. Thank God that you took to correction. Lest I forget, hope you are hearing from sister grace? It's going to one week since I saw her.

Mary - (Sighs) Her case is really pathetic daddy, I visited her at home five days ago but I met her absence. Though I met her younger sister, I was told she was at the psychiatric hospital at Abeokuta.

Pastor - Psychiatric what? what happened to her?

Mary - Same issue sir. It was the drugs that affected her.

Pastor - (Tears drops from his eyes) This is heartbreaking. Oh lord! My daughter, I will arrange for some people in church.We are going to visit her during the week. Stay blessed

Mary - Thank you daddy.(She leaves)

Pastor - God, but why? She promised she was going to stop drugs. What is happening Lord? I told sister Grace that it is more than fasting and prayer. I told her to be more practical, I pray she recovers quickly. As soon as she recovers, I will make sure I personally send her to a rehabilitation centre. This ought not to have happened to her. Father, lay your hands upon her and preserve her to be able to win more souls to your kingdom. Amen. (He attends to other members waiting to see him).

*NEVERTHELESS THE FOUNDATION OF GOD STANDETH SURE, HAVING THIS SEAL, THE LORD KNOWETH THEM THAT ARE HIS. AND, LET EVERY ONE THAT NAMETH THE NAME OF CHRIST DEPART FROM INIQUITY (2TIMOTHY 2:19)*

*THE END*

2 Likes

Re: The Prisoner Agony (complete Story) by Oladaps15(m): 11:15am On Feb 12, 2019
What a lesson i taught today ~ with God everything is possible, thank you very much bro

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

[night Story]the Hijab Angel - Episode 3 / Behind Closed Doors Chapter 1 / In Need Of An Illustrator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.