Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC (56705 Views)

Edward Onoja Cast His Vote With A Flag / Peter Obi Casts His Vote With His Wife (Photos) / Use Your INDEX FINGER While You Cast Your Ballot Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by themanderon: 9:13am On Feb 12, 2019
All these procedures will only apply down south. They know how they sort themselves up north. As usual southerners will remain the guinea pigs with their full consent.
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by Bishop1monte(m): 9:17am On Feb 12, 2019
post=75647743:
HIGHLY NOTED!
Thank you so much for the info naptu2 through INEC!
Everyone should go out enmasse on saturday to vote for the candidate of their choice.
We respect everyone's political view.

But, as for [/b], come [b]FeBuhari 16th 2019, our vote belong to our Daddy, President MUHAMMADU BUHARI and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi OSIBANJO BGG.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!

You have passed a very IMPORTANT message acrossed to millions of Nigerians naptu2, you don't need to personally reply anyone who can't read and comprehend a message so simple.
Keep up the good works you are doing man.
You are HIGHLY BLESSED bro.

Go and sit down , you don't have a voters card you are only a BMC crew who is getting 30k.
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by Nature8(m): 9:19am On Feb 12, 2019
naptu2:
Voter education

There are many more candidates on the ballot this year and so the space for you to place your fingerprint has reduced. Therefore, voters are advised to vote with their index finger, rather than their thumb. The ink might spill into another space if you use your thumb and that will invalidate your vote.

Very good.. That's how I'm gonna vote for PDP to get Nigeria working again cheesy
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by Amudeneogu: 9:25am On Feb 12, 2019
The publicity came late how can the old people be convinced to change from the old method because it is only 4daiys to the election
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by ogawisdom(m): 9:28am On Feb 12, 2019
snipesdam:
Why is APC space bigger?

To invalidate most PDP votes
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by B2mario(m): 9:35am On Feb 12, 2019
naptu2:
Voter education

There are many more candidates on the ballot this year and so the space for you to place your fingerprint has reduced. Therefore, voters are advised to vote with their index finger, rather than their thumb. The ink might spill into another space if you use your thumb and that will invalidate your vote.
Ok, noted
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by Slynation(m): 9:37am On Feb 12, 2019
I think the people in charge of the ballot box are in the best position to convey this msg to the respective voters on that day....
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by Omoapena(m): 9:39am On Feb 12, 2019
Or they thumbprint in landscape...
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by tollyboy5(m): 9:40am On Feb 12, 2019
Topmaike007:
That's how we voted in our SuG election cheesy
In FUTA we vote with computer wink

1 Like

Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by Slynation(m): 9:44am On Feb 12, 2019
I can bet my scrotum Buhari vote will be invalid grin or he will mistakenly vote for Atiku

1 Like

Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by naptu2: 9:49am On Feb 12, 2019
grin The supermod changed the title and added the word "INEC" to it.

Someone else said that the parties are not doing voter education, instead they are insulting each other.

In actual fact, I got these materials from the parties, not INEC. The parties are educating their members, but most non-members are not aware of these things, that's why I created this thread.

There are even more materials that I want to post, but most of them were created by political parties and I'm looking for more neutral sources.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by ollah2: 9:51am On Feb 12, 2019
DMerciful:
We shouldn't have more than 5 political parties! Many of these parties are distractions

Exactly. Many are owned by APC and PDP.
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by Kylekent59: 9:53am On Feb 12, 2019
MOTIVEBI:
Come saturday I will make sure I vote the cameroonian back to his country.

Could you substantiate that he is from Cameroon?

Abi you just read about it online by a fool and you chose to believe it.

Very funny set of people.

This is bias, why using APC as an example, it shows partiality.

Another unregistered party should be used or unknown parties that don't exist, using it as an example.

Even if he uses PDP, SDP or AAC, it's not still right.

Learn to be even when addressing the public and not bias.
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 12, 2019
Lol. INEC will come on Saturday evening and dissociate themselves from this news Then next thing we hear is that 80% of the votes were invalid due to this.
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by Knox123(m): 10:03am On Feb 12, 2019
deboysben:
While passing through the Abuja Airport road you will notice:

City gate built by IBB

National stadium built by OBJ

10-lane airport road by Yar'adua

Rehabilitation and expansion of the airport road done by GEJ

Giant size broom built by PMB
Vote wisely on saturday.

Deep..

Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by Otakom87(m): 10:10am On Feb 12, 2019
Inec chairman go call party names tire. I no pity am sha na him work.
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by otokx(m): 10:20am On Feb 12, 2019
Why did they not say this since?
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 12, 2019
naptu2:
grin The supermod changed the title and added the word "INEC" to it.

Someone else said that the parties are not doing voter education, instead they are insulting each other.

In actual fact, I got these materials from the parties, not INEC. The parties are educating their members, but most non-members are not aware of these things, that's why I created this thread.

There are even more materials that I want to post, but most of them were created by political parties and I'm looking for more neutral sources.

Japheth Omojuwa said it actually grin
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by naptu2: 10:23am On Feb 12, 2019
Procedure.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by naptu2: 10:23am On Feb 12, 2019
Cntd

1 Share

Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by naptu2: 10:24am On Feb 12, 2019
PRESENTATION:

Japheth Omojuwa said it actually grin

Said what?
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 12, 2019
naptu2:

Said what?

I meant were I read the index finger awareness from.
Re: Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC by naptu2: 10:32am On Feb 12, 2019
PRESENTATION:

I meant were I read the index finger awareness from.

Virtually all the political parties have been educating their members that they should use their index finger. They've been doing this since last year. In fact, this thread was inspired by a song that Professor Osinbajo sings at every campaign rally to remind APC members that they should use their index finger.

My thought was that the political parties are doing this voter education, but what about people that are not members of these parties. Most of them do not know about this issue and that's why I created this thread (so that everybody will know).

In fact, if you look at the pictures that I posted in the first post, you'll see pictures of many of the political parties educating their members about the issue.

Picture below: Professor Osinbajo singing the song in Abeokuta yesterday. You can see that he is holding up his index finger.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi At Boston Airport (Photos) / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) / Osun Election: PDP’s Adeleke Wins, APC Kicks - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.