Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

How We Plan To Restructure Nigeria- Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Plan To Restructure Nigeria- Atiku (335 Views)

Buhari Has History Of Bringing Looted Funds To Nigeria – Atiku / USA Barred Buhari In 2001 Over Plan To Islamize Nigeria - Atiku / It Is Sad That Two Global Banking Giants Are Leaving Nigeria - Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Plan To Restructure Nigeria- Atiku by campustrends: 12:05pm On Feb 12, 2019
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 elections has re-affirmed his commitment to restructuring if elected on Feb. 16.

Atiku gave the assurance while addressing thousands of party faithful at a presidential rally at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium in Port Harcourt on Monday.

The PDP presidential candidate who was accompanied by his running mate, Peter Obi, and other leaders of the party promised to uphold the rule of law.

“If you (masses) elect PDP and Atiku into office; I will restructure Niger Delta and all other parts of the country. We must restructure the country.

“Secondly, after the Obasanjo/Atiku administration started the East West highway project; till today it has not been completed.

“It has not been completed because we did not vote PDP to continue in power in 2015. The project has been haunted till today. We are going to complete it, if voted into power,” he assured.

Atiku said that his administration would complete the dredging of old Port Harcourt and Onne sea ports if he wins Feb. 16 presidential polls.

According to him, Rivers state, Niger Delta and South-South had been abandoned by the administration since 2015, notwithstanding being the economic hub of the country.

“Every development that the people of South-South, Niger Delta and Rivers have gotten was done by PDP-led governments. The roads, schools, hospitals and water, among others were provided by PDP.

“I assure you that I will protect the constitution, protect separation of powers and will not interfere with the National Assembly and Judiciary because I believe in checks and balances.

“My administration will uphold rule of law and will never allow the rule of law to be trampled by anybody,” he promised.

Also speaking, former President Goodluck Jonathan called on the people of the state to come out enmass to vote PDP at all levels.

ALSO READ:

"Fulfil your promises to my daughter", Rebecca Sharibu tells Buhari- https://theonlinenigeria.com/fulfil-your-promises-to-my-daughter-rebecca-sharibu-tells-buhari/

He said that nepotism, divisiveness, discrimination, factionalism, favouritism, sectionalism and killings had now become prevalent in the country.

“All of us know that things that had never been happening in this country have been happening since 2015. Nigerians can attest if the country has gone forward, backward or static.

“We cannot as a nation continue to stay where we currently are. We believe the only person out of the candidates who can lead us out if this quagmire is Atiku.

“If your son or daughter is qualified to become Inspector-General of Police and Chief of Army Staff, he or she will be appointed. No one will be discriminated. Atiku will lead Nigeria forward,” he said.

Senate President and Director-General of Atiku Presidential Campaign, Bukola Saraki, said that Atiku had experience to take the country to greater heights.

He said that poverty and unemployment had reached an all-time high never seen in the country since its independence in 1960.

“There is poverty in the land and Nigerians are tired of poverty. The people want a man who can bring economic prosperity and that man is Atiku,” he said.

On his part, PDP National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, assured the people of victory at the polls.

He expressed optimism that Atiku would win the North Western states of Jigawa, Kebbi, Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto and Zamfara.

“If you want a president that will work for 24 hours daily, a president with capacity and energy and a president who will be in charge and take responsibility, then vote Atiku,” he appealed.

Hightlight of the rally was the adoption of Gov. Nyesom Wike as gubernatorial candidate by 58 political parties in the state.

Visit- www.theonlinenigeria.com for more stories
Re: How We Plan To Restructure Nigeria- Atiku by mycar: 12:06pm On Feb 12, 2019
Good
Re: How We Plan To Restructure Nigeria- Atiku by Racoon(m): 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2019
Fine! God help you do it sir.NASS support him.
Re: How We Plan To Restructure Nigeria- Atiku by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 12, 2019
Empty promises.

How is he going to restructure the country? Is he going to bribe the Fulani senators and house of rep members to vote against the wishes of the Fulanis whose dream is to conquer Nigeria?
Re: How We Plan To Restructure Nigeria- Atiku by SaiATKUOBI2019: 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2019
BUHARI IS A MONUMENTAL ERROR THAT MUST BE CORRECTED.....;D2015,Momoh of the APC told the crowd at Ogun state to stone them if they dont perform well.
2019,a show of shame happened at Ogun in a manner that had APC godfathers covering their faces in shame.
Our dear presido was pelted with stones.
The power in their words came back to haunt themNigeria votes for a new president this week, with the latest polls predicting victory for opposition candidate Atiku Abubakar.
Re: How We Plan To Restructure Nigeria- Atiku by SaiATKUOBI2019: 12:10pm On Feb 12, 2019
SAI ATIKUOBI FOR BETTER LIFE FOR ALL NIGERIANS....

SAI MR job$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...............Atiku understands the value of a good life. He knows cannot truly be happy if you can’t pay your bills. He knows you can’t be fulfilled if you can’t take care of your own kids. Atiku has more than 20 businesses, and over half of that is just welfarism/charity based businesses. What he does, is take from lucrative businesses to subsidize not too lucrative ones. At the end of the month, all the staff gets paid and everyone is happy with their families. I know as the President of Nigeria, Atiku would be able to do this for all. This is Atiku. That is what I am supporting. Can you tell me about who you are supporting and how his character and attitude would help me in life? While you do, do not forget Atiku has never handled any budget.
Vote PDP!! vote Atiku/Obi 2019 !! Vote A sound Man!!
Re: How We Plan To Restructure Nigeria- Atiku by onubijoe(m): 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2019
Atiku is not a saint but is a Messiah to rescue Nigeria from the hands of this self-centered government

#LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain
Re: How We Plan To Restructure Nigeria- Atiku by SaiATKUOBI2019: 12:12pm On Feb 12, 2019
Fellow Nigerians,
We have 4 days to vote out the Guiness Books of record holder for been the only man dead or alive to have led the economy of a country into recession twice as the President.
Vote out hardship, nepotism,hardluck, excuse master....
Vote Baba recession out that our country may prosper
Re: How We Plan To Restructure Nigeria- Atiku by SaiATKUOBI2019: 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2019
APC had a the golden oppourtunity to put things right but I don't think they realise that they are in charge. They spent all the time in the world blaming opposition instead of focussing on the task of nation building particularly the economy which was the main reason they were voted into power. Seeming sectional appointments instead of national spread. Fighting corruption was a daily song in our ears as if it would put food on the table. Poor coordination amongst party members has never been seen in the history of Nigerian politics. This cabinet is the longest serving ( if I don't have dementia) and most ineffective in the history of Nigerian democracy.
Re: How We Plan To Restructure Nigeria- Atiku by SaiATKUOBI2019: 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2019
IPOB MEMBERS ARE COWARDS, THEY TELL IGBOS NOT TO VOTE BUT THEY WILL ALLOW HAUSAS TO VOTE AND YORUBAS TO VOTE. "THEY ONLY TELL IGBOS NOT TO VOTE AS IF THE OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY WILL CARE. BOKO HARAM IS GIVING THE FEDERAL GOVT TOUGH TIMES BUT ORDINARY PYTHON DANCE, THEY RAN AWAY. IPOB SHOULD TELL ALL NIGERIANS NOT TO VOTE NOT IGBOS. GO TO KANO OR IBADAN AND TELL THEM NOT TO VOTE. STOP TERRORIZING IGBOS ONLY. WE ARE YOUR BROTHERS.
IPOB , GO TO OGBOMOSO, KANO, IBADAN, ZARIA, ABEOKUTA AND TELL THEM NOT TO VOTE

(1) (Reply)

No Reason To Vote Buhari!!!!! / Nigeria Has Postponed Its Presidential Elections(video) / Leaked Tape Of Tinubu Promising APC Members Huge Money If Buhari Wins Pops Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.