Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Which Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Christianity? (194 Views)

10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. / Christianity Is Not The True Religion, Its Satanic! / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Christianity? by JustMcsnup(m): 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2019
Which Christianity?

It is often suggested that everyone who professes to be a Christian, examines themselves, and objectively ascertain whether or not they have believed in the biblical Jesus Christ or whether, they have only followed a religion. This question for most, is hardly one to be considered, they're sure, convinced and boast about some form of assurance of salvation. The advancement of (progresses in) the "evidences of a 'spirit-filled' life" and the doctrines promoted by the modern prophets of Christianity, also has helped to "seal the confidence(?)" of this majority, and more so, the most irrefutable proofs that surely this is none other than the move of the only true God and his Holy Spirit: the testimonies affirming their very experiences! All these with the other clause of either reluctance to even discuss anything to the contrary or the complete absence of any so-called contrary position, in fact, the seeming contrary positions, only presents a "you are in Christ, just that you missed it here: your views versus my views thingy", thus showing itself for what it is: just the other side of the same coin! Now what the most of us have failed to realize or truly acknowledged is that in the Bible, Christ Jesus predicted exactly this present condition and warned that it will be the prevailing situation just before his return, in fact he mentions it as a sign (pointer) that the end is near! How?

"For MANY will come in MY NAME...and WILL DECEIVE MANY!" (Matt. 24:5)

(NLT)Matthew 7:22-23
On judgment day MANY will say to me, 'Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.' [23] But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.'

How could they have prophesied IN HIS NAME and yet he says: I NEVER KNEW YOU! Does he not say of his sheep: "I know my sheep" (Jn. 10:14)? In fact these leaders described in Matthew 7 were quite convinced! They completely fit the profile: had the assurance of salvation, had the testimonies and evidences which they have come to believe proofs that they are of Christ, however, is Christ moved by the things which move men? Did the scriptures not say:

"Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. Or [in him]" — John 2:23
"But Jesus would not entrust (commit) himself to them, for he knew all people." — John 2:24

So the Lord is not as we might esteem, moved the way we are because MANY people profess a believe in him. The modern day Gospel Musicians and Crusade preachers are always very fascinated by the turn out of the crowd to their meetings and concerts, for them, this is a tremendous thing, we quite hear the comments, feel the excitement as they announce over one million people are gathered here tonight in the presence of God! You see, that's the picture of man, that is exactly what it is with Man! Moved by the senses, once they sight the crowd, they feel a presence! But it is not so with the Lord, at all.

If we are remotely interested in following Jesus Christ as our Lord, and not just belonging to something we perceive is of God, then we must in the least desire to know, which Christ we have believed, we must in the least heed the warning of Christ, for he had warned: that MANY would be convinced, persuaded in their own hearts, that they have laid hold on Christ, but tragically, it would only be that they have been deceived in the name of Christ! And it is this that makes deception! For he who is decieved thinks to himself that he cannot but have found the truth. And most tragically, is unwilling to bring himself and what he has believed under any forms of scrutiny: questioning! This is the age wherein men's confidence in views, things, ideas are rather very strong, howbeit, vainly so! For why do they confidently affirm a belief? It is not because they have the slightest proof to, neither do they have a true experience of it, but however, there's a grave unwillingness to even ask, bring themselves (their hearts) to a point of questioning.

Which Christ have you believed? That's the question of this article, firstly, is it any relevant to ask this of oneself? Well, the words of Christ says, Yes! The scriptures says to examine ourselves if we are in the faith (2 Cor. 13:5), Christ has warned that the last days deception shall be successful because it were done IN HIS NAME! That is a very grave warning! If we cared remotely about Christ, I think we would take that seriously, very seriously! In fact Christ likened the end of the age in one of his parables to wheat and tares. Now tares are in every respect like wheats, indeed in the parable, Christ said to the servants:

(NLT)Matthew 13:30
Let both grow together until the harvest. Then I will tell the harvesters to sort out the weeds(tares), tie them into bundles, and burn them, and to put the wheat in the barn.'"

Why?

(NLT)Matthew 13:29
[29] "'[No,' he replied,] 'you'll uproot the wheat if you do.

They are so much alike that only the harvest (the fullness of their maturing) could clear out the differences! And Christ says, this is how it would be in the last days, Christianity would have a decoy, it will be infiltrated, mimicked and successfully duplicated, in an outward form, therefore, there will be godliness yes, but ONLY A FORM of it, in fact it's power will be denied! Tragically again, Christendom has only substituted in its theology the form for the power, so that the form is what passes for the power. All is not well, quite unlike the regular cliché in Christendom, that all is well, we are in the very last of days, the words of the prophets before our eyes are fulfilled, yet, nobody seems to be telling the emperor that he's wearing no clothes at all!

Christ and the Apostles had taught and lived a life that completely held up God's verdict upon this world! There was no compromise on this at all, for instance, Christ told Pilate: "my kingdom is not of this world..."(John 18:36), and he meant every bit of those words! The disciples themselves, would have this to say afterwards:

Hebrews 13:14
[14]For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

And, yes, again they meant every bit of those words! But how possible is it for a man, amidst all the glamour, beauties, attractions of this world, how possibly could they have NO INTEREST soever in this world? No interest? Again, let's hear from the scriptures:

(NLT)Galatians 6:14
As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died.

The world's interest in me has also died! Those were the words not only on the lips of the Apostle, they were the determination (purpose) of his heart! They were given him by the Holy Spirit! And how would these possibly be? Only by the POWER OF GOD! this is the meaning of the power of godliness! No man can deny this world, this present life, all our possible accomplishments, deny them? Are we by any chance splitting hairs? Are we trying to advocate some monkish way of living? Far from it! For even in monasticism the world holds sway, man prevails, and not faith! But what the scriptures present is contrary, biblical Christianity is spiritual life, and once again, Christendom (Christianity as a religion) uses the same words, but mean a different thing! It has a form of godliness but denies the power, and herein lies the deception, for only by the power of God can man be saved, not by any forms, rituals, recommendations, activities, rules and dogmas, creeds, observances and so on. Now unless one receives the true gospel, they cannot be saved! The scriptures say, the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation (Rom. 1:16). And says, any other gospel is no gospel at all, regardless who preached it (Gal. 1:6-cool. Christianity as portrayed in the Bible is in every way, a SPIRITUAL LIFE! This means: it is not a natural or material life, Christ gives ETERNAL LIFE, again, Eternal Life is not natural life, biological life or material life! Christendom today denying the power of God, has been completely brought down into the material, the aesthetic, the natural and therefore the temporal! Therefore, it's fruits (no matter how outwardly, seemingly good) are earthly not spiritual (for what man calls good, in its very best falls short of what is good, pleasing and acceptable unto God, in fact Christ says, there is only one who is good, even God!). Christendom today, for instance, speaks about church, but in every practical experience does she not mean the material, physical, natural? Does it not deny the spirituality of the church? How? Begin from the general phrase in Christendom: "let's have some church..." or "let's go to church..." check through the entire New Testament, if there's anything remotely mentioned like that, why? For Christendom church is the building, regardless how much she professes the contrary, all her actions and experiences says the building is the church, or does it not? When men today speak against the domes, gigantic structures, cathedrals Christendom have invested so much material and money and natural energy in, does the man who dares make such a challenge not even receive more fighting from supposed Christians (whose body the scriptures say is the temple of God) than the Jews did to the Lord, when he declared: destroy this temple? When the Bible says church it always NEVER meant a place (but a people)! Regardless how we may want to add the cliché "a place of worship", there never was a thing as that in the experience of biblical Christians, why? Like we have mentioned already, biblical Christianity is a spiritual life not a material one! Christianity today may use the same words, may even after reading such article as this go ahead to (if that were possible) stop calling the building church, yet, in its very experiences, it will deny its very claims! Furthermore, the carrying on of supposedly spiritual works, by material means: natural energy, natural life, natural wits, and everything material, can spiritual life be lived by natural energy or natural wits? And therefore the equating of the material for the spiritual. Here is another instance, Christendom professes Jesus Christ as Lord, Now ask what that means, but no! Not by definition, but by living experience of that claimed Lordship upon the professors life, and again, what results does it prove that the Christian has found a spiritual life or an improved natural life? Christ says not all who say unto me Lord Lord... But he who does the Will of my Father! What is the will of the Father? Is the Father's will temporal such as getting a job (in accordance with a 'leading'), investing in a business or trading stocks? Is the Father's will that a man becomes a doctor, lawyer, teacher, and so on? Again, are these not what passes for the phrase: "the will of God" in Christendom? Now would Christ possibly be saying: it is he who does the will of the Father in all these MATERIAL relations that would enter the kingdom? Surely we should all say, No! But again, Christianity today knows nothing about Christian life being a spiritual life, since everything about it (Christianity today) is material, temporal: wood, hay, and the likes, that would never survive the fires of judgement: the very things which characterise the flesh! It uses the words of the scriptures but do not share or bear the life (experience) of the scriptures! Christ says:

"Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching (doctrine) comes from God or whether I speak on my own." — John 7:17

The scriptures says the will of God for all is Eternal Life:

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." — 2Pet 3:9
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." — John 3:16

And Christ says:
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." — John 17:3

Other scriptures confirm:
1 John 1:2
[2](For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto uswink
1 John 5:11,20
[11]And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
[20]And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Therefore, Christ Jesus is the will of God! He is the Eternal Life! He says: "I am the Resurrection and the Life!" No one else dares make such a bold statement truly and it be true, through and through! Again let us emphasize it, the Christ-life (Christian life) is not temporal, material, earthly but eternal, a spiritual life, lived by faith and lived in God! By the power of his Holy Spirit! And so is the will of God, never a material matter! But Christ himself! That is why he said if any man chooses to do the will of God he will know my (Christ's) doctrine (which does not just mean his teachings only, for Christ is not such teacher whose teachings are separate from his very life! Reason he said: the words I speak are Spirit and they are Life! And also the reason why the people were always astonished at his doctrine! The same became true of the Apostles and must be found true with any biblical Christian: teachings must be true to their life experience!). He Christ is the will of God! We use the term in everyday experience, a man knows he is close to dieying, he writes down his will, that is his MIND regarding his estate and other things that pertains to him, in fact, sometimes a clause is attached to the will, the one who will inherit this must also do this and this... The man's will is his mind, what he approves of, that's right. Now Christ is the mind of the Father! It is him, whom the Father has set his seal of approval upon! He is the express image of God, and the scriptures says, man was made in that image of God: that is patterned to be like Christ! So in a manner of speaking, man is one of the very first figure (type of) Christ, in the mount God instructed Moses that they built the tarbancle according to the pattern shown Moses, because that tarbancle was a type, a figure (of Christ), man was made (created) by God himself and in the image of God (Christ is that image: (NLT)Colossians 1:15
Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation...), reason why the fall was not just a moral break down, but also: a fall from God's glory(Rom.3:23)[sin is not just the presence of evil, or immorality, but everything that is short of God's glory: his glorious standards! Every good attempt, that yet misses the mark (as all of man's good attempts do), for that is also the meaning of the term "sin"wink. Those who think they're naturally good people, really haven't known God, for such men like Paul who would have said: as touching the law, they were blameless, their confession when they have been apprehended by Christ is: "in me dwelleth no good..."] And today, by the power of the Holy Spirit, we must be conformed to the (fullness of the stature of) Christ! Thus Christ is the will (mind/intention:ultimate intention if you would) of the Father!

Spiritual life is not an improvement on the natural life: that a man becomes a better natural man, no! Spiritual living is actually the death of the natural man! that the man ceases to live his life: the good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly, everything is judged! The good man's natural good life, is judged under the fires of the Holy Spirit, what more could be the meaning of the baptism of the Holy Spirit, if it is not a baptism of fire! Fire for what? Attacking ones enemies? As Christendom's modern day prophets again has falsely taught, the fire is according to the scriptures for the "clearing up of the threshing floor..." [see Mal.3:1-3, Lk. 3:16-17] it is for judgment! Everything that do not belong to Christ in the believers life, must receive this baptism of fire! For judgment must according to the scriptures begin in the (spiritual) house of God (among the people of God, that is)! Again, this does not mean a material life, as Christendom is prune to so easily drag everything down to! And why? Because it has attempted to do that which Christ says is forbidden: pour new wine into an old wine skin! [see Mk. 2:21-22] Christendom is built just around that kind of thing, mixtures! And therein lies her great deception of the majority, and indeed her deception of the whole world! For the world thinks, Christendom is the religion of Christ, thinks Jesus Christ is the founder of the Christian religion, a thing which is verily a lie! For Christ did not come to this world to found a religion, but to save the lost! To bring judgement upon this world:

John 9:39
[39]And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

And yes, the world is judged already and the sentence of God passed upon it, a sentence that is only presently awaiting it's final execution, when the day of the Lord will be revealed. The Lord has judged everything in the world as:

1 John 2:16-17
[16]For ALL THAT IS IN THE WORLD, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
[17]And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Yes, the sentence is passed already, that is why every effort to "heal the world", save its ecology, systems, religions, etc, is highly futile an attempt! Biblical Christians can only follow in Jesus' steps: call men out of this sinking ship! Out of this world and into Christ! Every moment lived in this present world is a temporal one, a passing moment of our pilgrimage! Biblical Christians in every generation held dearly the judgement (sentence) of God upon this world, thus they prayed, sought, longed for, desired and earnestly awaited a heavenly inheritance! Something that was very real to them, more real than all the trades, glamour, beauties, achievements that this present world could offer, no wonder the Apostle Paul says:

(NLT)Galatians 6:14
As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my INTEREST in this world has been crucified, and the world's INTEREST in me has also died.

Even so, may we look back to the scriptures, with a heart desire to find that which Christ and his Apostles taught and practiced, with a desire to know the God of the Bible and be known of by him, as those who truly follow him, may we care not for men's testimony of us, but seek the honor which alone comes from the Father above, in whom there is no shadow of turning. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/02/19 / Pope Francis: Pedophiles Are “instruments Of Satan”. / Three Bullets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.