Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,509 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

2019: Nigerians Deserves A Better Life With Buhari - Matthew Apeh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Nigerians Deserves A Better Life With Buhari - Matthew Apeh (332 Views)

The Kind Of Politician Nigerians Deserves!!! / Nigerians Deserves A Healthy President, PDP, R-APC Blasts Amaechi / Buhari Deserves A Second Term - Billionaire Oil Tycoon, Arthur Eze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Nigerians Deserves A Better Life With Buhari - Matthew Apeh by PeterOnu(m): 12:57pm On Feb 12, 2019
By: Mathew Apeh

As we approach a very important season in the history of our Nation's democracy, it is paramount we appreciate our individual differences either religion, ethnicity, political group or affiliation. The fundamental rights of every Nigerian to make his or her choice ( who to vote and who not to vote) should not be infringed.

Apostle Paul says "When I was a child, I used to think like a child, act like a child; as an adult I will think and act like an adult and give up childish ways"
Therefore, I need no body to use uncivilized words like gullible, brain dead, sick etc in other for me to believe in their views or to chose my preferred candidates. I am ready to stand by the choice I made without any fear of intimidation or favour.

Many have attacked me personally because of my untamed and constructive criticism for national and dominant issues that has heated up the polity in recent times. As we make the last push to decide who governs this country for the next four years may I throw more light on some lingering issues .

My fellow Nigerians don't be deceived. I do not think you have really sat down to analyse the connection between the past actions of the previous government and the present. There are so many cheap lies in the air on a daily basis concerning our dear nation so be enlightened before you cast your votes.

1) ASUU Strike: Do not forget that it was not this government that went into agreement with ASUU in 2OO9 including an MoU signed in 2O13 and 2O14. Six years after, that agreement was not fulfilled and this adminstration is now facing the heat yet *those who would rather choose to propagate and promote bad image of this government have the effrontery to blame this government for ASUU Strike.* Though government is a continua but I can tell you for free that no administration has done so well in showing commitment to the completion of on-going and abandoned projects more than this government has done.

2) As a Nigerian who is abreast with burning issues in the country, what do you make of the prediction of the former minister of finance and former world Bank vice president (Ngoze Okonjo Iwala ) about our economy in 2O14? In her words; "If Nigerians do not change their ways of spending and safe for the rainy day the country would be heading for economy crises" What did we get? Loot! Loot! and loot! Until this government came in and that prediction came to be that Nigeria was plunged into Recession as a result of poor foundation layed by successive governments. Further more, what do you make of the predictions of the two former CBN Governors, Sanusi Lamido, now the Emire of Kano and Charles Soludo in 2O13/2O14 about the pending danger in our economy? Nigerian government was told if its does not check reckless spending and corruption Nigeria would be plunged into recession yet somebody can be bold enough to tell me this government took us into recession.

3) On security, you and I know how bombs were flying up and down before the emergence of this government. This government has done so much in curtailing the activities of the dreaded boko haram, taking the fight deeper in their quests to tackle all other security relatated challenges and these led to why the military is taking more of the casualties than civilians in recent times.

Fulani herdsmen/ farmer clashes we know is no new security challenges just that it has become more pronounced in this adminstration not because the government has failed but climate change and desertification is playing a great role in the increasing cases of clashes today. Notwithstanding, the government has not failed in its responsibility to respond to it and to proffer solutions to this crisis which many State Governors are foot dragging. Please note that there is no country in the world that does not have it's own security challenges; only that they have a Strong institutions that deals with them and that strong institutions are what we need and when we have that, we would not be blaming the President for every social vices as common as burglary/break in.
These give credence to why our National Assembly should be more alive to their responsibilities but the National Assembly that we see today has became more or less a personal or individual shop that can be locked up and open at will.

4) Closure/Merger of Bank. I have often heard many shout "oh..banks are closing down, millions have lost their jobs all because of this government policy"
Do we still remember Keystone Bank, Intercontinental Bank, Oceanic Bank just to mention a few..where are those banks today? Merger is a process in the system and could come as a result of my willingness to sell my share or mismanagement could force me into doing same therefore, merger is a phenomenal in our banking system and it did not start in this adminstration. If bank can no longer function simply because government chose to remove its money from the commercial bank for proper and effective management through the TSA regime, then you should ask yourself how comes other banks are able to survive without government money? That is to say it has been corruption that had sustained some banks all this while.

5) On infrastructure, if you have traveled recently across the country, you will get to appreciate what I am talking about. There is virtually no part of this country that one federal project or the other is not taking place. If you have not, I have seen Railway receiving a steady attention, Our High ways are not left out, our airport is looking better, Power generation has received tremendous boast since the inception of this adminstration, electricity of which I can boast of personally of conducting a survey on have seen virtually every where visited with improved power supply.

6) Economic Diversification, agriculture has been the focus of this adminstration in shifting Nigeria away from total reliance on oil economy. Today Nigeria can boast of 6.7 metric tones of rice production as against 2.5 metric tones as at 2O16
Everyday you hear the critics of this adminstration shouting on social media "There is hunger in the land, people are dying" First of all how do we define poverty? What is poverty? If there is poverty as you claim you will not even have a smart phone how much more of affording a thousand Naira for subscription and if you are really in the poverty circle then, there is good news for you. The government has in place Social Intervention Scheme. Under this scheme, are the Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) program of which many extremely poor Nigerians are benefitting from it.

The Home School Feeding Program is one other social intervention program of this government that you can benefit from in case you have a child in school that you can not afford to feed three square meal a day and millions of children are today encouraged to go to school under this program.
Are you a graduate and have no job? Have u consider applying for the N- Power program? It's free and has millions of youth under it. Many unemployed graduates are receiving Thirty Thousand Naira under this scheme. The outcry and outright refusal of the opposition for INEC not to use the set of people in the forth coming election is a testimony of its genuineness.

Trader money is another poverty alleviation program of this adminstration and many market women has befitted from it and are still benefiting but what accolades do we get from those who will never see anything good in this government? "Vote Buying, the timing is wrong" When has it became ever too late to do good to people? Have you considered how far Ten thousand naira can go for that poor woman selling only groundnut on her table?
I can go on and on with you on this and many are there to list.

7) Unemployment. The best way to tackle unemployment is for government to provide a conducive environment for business to strive. This government has shown commitment to that cause by issuing a presidential order on the ease of doing business where Visa can be issued on arrival for potential investors and obtaining Coporate Affairs Commission Certificate has become much more easier; with 5,000 you can actually applied for your CAC within 24hours.

The infrastructural intervention will still go a long way in creating employment to our citizens once we have power, roads and effective transport system.
Let me tell you, the system we find ourselves is completely rotten and it will take a strong will to correct it and in doing so it will cause a lot of pain. Unless we are ready to take this pain as a Nation we are going no where if we continue to do things in the old ways.

This government is not perfect yet and maybe slow but I can assure you that its on a steady cause. This administration deserves another chance, its deserves your support and your votes. Let us make that better choice that will put Nigeria on a steady growth for us and for the unborn generation.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Nigerians Deserves A Better Life With Buhari - Matthew Apeh by Baawaa(m): 1:02pm On Feb 12, 2019
Sure,Nigeria will be great again grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Next level
Re: 2019: Nigerians Deserves A Better Life With Buhari - Matthew Apeh by Okoroawusa: 1:10pm On Feb 12, 2019
Well scripted
Re: 2019: Nigerians Deserves A Better Life With Buhari - Matthew Apeh by SaiATKUOBI2019: 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2019
What does ACN, CPC and APC all have in common?
Answer: The word "Congress"
What is a gathering of baboons called?
Answer: Congress
The congregation of Baboons in all their disgraceful and rowdy rallies have not disappointed me so far as they have lived up to their baboon status.
What is more gladdening to me is that the Congress of Baboons are also killing themselves off. Their rallies have been filled with blood letting by their own swords upon their own selves. This has saved the rest of the sane world the moral burden of disposing of these human filth.
Let the baboon continue to soak itself in their own blood.Atiku understands the value of a good life. He knows YOU cannot truly be happy if you can’t pay your bills. He knows you can’t be fulfilled if you can’t take care of your own kids. Atiku has more than 20 businesses, and over half of that is just welfarism/charity based businesses. What he does, is take from lucrative businesses to subsidize not too lucrative ones. At the end of the month, all the staff gets paid and everyone is happy with their families. I know as the President of Nigeria, Atiku would be able to do this for all. This is Atiku. That is what I am supporting. Can you tell me about who you are supporting and how his character and attitude would help me in life? While you do, do not forget Atiku has never handled any budget.
Vote PDP!! vote Atiku/Obi 2019 !! Vote A sound Man!!
Re: 2019: Nigerians Deserves A Better Life With Buhari - Matthew Apeh by SaiATKUOBI2019: 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2019
BMC is on panic mode.
It has now dawned on them that they are about to enter the labour market and join the well over 6 million people who lost their jobs due to the catastrophic and ineptitude policies of their dullard.
To make matters worse off, they will not be expecting any invitation to Aso Rock by Hajiya Aisha to come and eat rice.BUHARI IS A MONUMENTAL ERROR THAT MUST BE CORRECTED.....
Re: 2019: Nigerians Deserves A Better Life With Buhari - Matthew Apeh by bedspread: 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2019
[s]
PeterOnu:
By: Mathew Apeh

As we approach a very important season in the history of our Nation's democracy, it is paramount we appreciate our individual differences either religion, ethnicity, political group or affiliation. The fundamental rights of every Nigerian to make his or her choice ( who to vote and who not to vote) should not be infringed.

Apostle Paul says "When I was a child, I used to think like a child, act like a child; as an adult I will think and act like an adult and give up childish ways"
Therefore, I need no body to use uncivilized words like gullible, brain dead, sick etc in other for me to believe in their views or to chose my preferred candidates. I am ready to stand by the choice I made without any fear of intimidation or favour.

Many have attacked me personally because of my untamed and constructive criticism for national and dominant issues that has heated up the polity in recent times. As we make the last push to decide who governs this country for the next four years may I throw more light on some lingering issues .

My fellow Nigerians don't be deceived. I do not think you have really sat down to analyse the connection between the past actions of the previous government and the present. There are so many cheap lies in the air on a daily basis concerning our dear nation so be enlightened before you cast your votes.

1) ASUU Strike: Do not forget that it was not this government that went into agreement with ASUU in 2OO9 including an MoU signed in 2O13 and 2O14. Six years after, that agreement was not fulfilled and this adminstration is now facing the heat yet *those who would rather choose to propagate and promote bad image of this government have the effrontery to blame this government for ASUU Strike.* Though government is a continua but I can tell you for free that no administration has done so well in showing commitment to the completion of on-going and abandoned projects more than this government has done.

2) As a Nigerian who is abreast with burning issues in the country, what do you make of the prediction of the former minister of finance and former world Bank vice president (Ngoze Okonjo Iwala ) about our economy in 2O14? In her words; "If Nigerians do not change their ways of spending and safe for the rainy day the country would be heading for economy crises" What did we get? Loot! Loot! and loot! Until this government came in and that prediction came to be that Nigeria was plunged into Recession as a result of poor foundation layed by successive governments. Further more, what do you make of the predictions of the two former CBN Governors, Sanusi Lamido, now the Emire of Kano and Charles Soludo in 2O13/2O14 about the pending danger in our economy? Nigerian government was told if its does not check reckless spending and corruption Nigeria would be plunged into recession yet somebody can be bold enough to tell me this government took us into recession.

3) On security, you and I know how bombs were flying up and down before the emergence of this government. This government has done so much in curtailing the activities of the dreaded boko haram, taking the fight deeper in their quests to tackle all other security relatated challenges and these led to why the military is taking more of the casualties than civilians in recent times.

Fulani herdsmen/ farmer clashes we know is no new security challenges just that it has become more pronounced in this adminstration not because the government has failed but climate change and desertification is playing a great role in the increasing cases of clashes today. Notwithstanding, the government has not failed in its responsibility to respond to it and to proffer solutions to this crisis which many State Governors are foot dragging. Please note that there is no country in the world that does not have it's own security challenges; only that they have a Strong institutions that deals with them and that strong institutions are what we need and when we have that, we would not be blaming the President for every social vices as common as burglary/break in.
These give credence to why our National Assembly should be more alive to their responsibilities but the National Assembly that we see today has became more or less a personal or individual shop that can be locked up and open at will.

4) Closure/Merger of Bank. I have often heard many shout "oh..banks are closing down, millions have lost their jobs all because of this government policy"
Do we still remember Keystone Bank, Intercontinental Bank, Oceanic Bank just to mention a few..where are those banks today? Merger is a process in the system and could come as a result of my willingness to sell my share or mismanagement could force me into doing same therefore, merger is a phenomenal in our banking system and it did not start in this adminstration. If bank can no longer function simply because government chose to remove its money from the commercial bank for proper and effective management through the TSA regime, then you should ask yourself how comes other banks are able to survive without government money? That is to say it has been corruption that had sustained some banks all this while.

5) On infrastructure, if you have traveled recently across the country, you will get to appreciate what I am talking about. There is virtually no part of this country that one federal project or the other is not taking place. If you have not, I have seen Railway receiving a steady attention, Our High ways are not left out, our airport is looking better, Power generation has received tremendous boast since the inception of this adminstration, electricity of which I can boast of personally of conducting a survey on have seen virtually every where visited with improved power supply.

6) Economic Diversification, agriculture has been the focus of this adminstration in shifting Nigeria away from total reliance on oil economy. Today Nigeria can boast of 6.7 metric tones of rice production as against 2.5 metric tones as at 2O16
Everyday you hear the critics of this adminstration shouting on social media "There is hunger in the land, people are dying" First of all how do we define poverty? What is poverty? If there is poverty as you claim you will not even have a smart phone how much more of affording a thousand Naira for subscription and if you are really in the poverty circle then, there is good news for you. The government has in place Social Intervention Scheme. Under this scheme, are the Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) program of which many extremely poor Nigerians are benefitting from it.

The Home School Feeding Program is one other social intervention program of this government that you can benefit from in case you have a child in school that you can not afford to feed three square meal a day and millions of children are today encouraged to go to school under this program.
Are you a graduate and have no job? Have u consider applying for the N- Power program? It's free and has millions of youth under it. Many unemployed graduates are receiving Thirty Thousand Naira under this scheme. The outcry and outright refusal of the opposition for INEC not to use the set of people in the forth coming election is a testimony of its genuineness.

Trader money is another poverty alleviation program of this adminstration and many market women has befitted from it and are still benefiting but what accolades do we get from those who will never see anything good in this government? "Vote Buying, the timing is wrong" When has it became ever too late to do good to people? Have you considered how far Ten thousand naira can go for that poor woman selling only groundnut on her table?
I can go on and on with you on this and many are there to list.

7) Unemployment. The best way to tackle unemployment is for government to provide a conducive environment for business to strive. This government has shown commitment to that cause by issuing a presidential order on the ease of doing business where Visa can be issued on arrival for potential investors and obtaining Coporate Affairs Commission Certificate has become much more easier; with 5,000 you can actually applied for your CAC within 24hours.

The infrastructural intervention will still go a long way in creating employment to our citizens once we have power, roads and effective transport system.
Let me tell you, the system we find ourselves is completely rotten and it will take a strong will to correct it and in doing so it will cause a lot of pain. Unless we are ready to take this pain as a Nation we are going no where if we continue to do things in the old ways.

This government is not perfect yet and maybe slow but I can assure you that its on a steady cause. This administration deserves another chance, its deserves your support and your votes. Let us make that better choice that will put Nigeria on a steady growth for us and for the unborn generation.
[/s]

Your name sounds Benue... if you are Really from Benue and u said this then , You case needs Special Treatment
Re: 2019: Nigerians Deserves A Better Life With Buhari - Matthew Apeh by phelonrays: 1:25pm On Feb 12, 2019
your analysis your problem

if I brought mine you will be convinced of not voting for this useless government,,,, is just that you focus only on the tiny success of this government and care less on the achievement of the previous ones....

I won't vote because you write this. but I will vote because am not in a political slavery. I know my right and no body I repeat no body will convince me with a piece of write up like yours

we have differs views, let me with mine

(1) (Reply)

See The Only Reason I Will Vote For Atiku / Oyo Decides 2019 / Election Has Been Postponed Till....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.