|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,184,543 members, 4,762,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 16 February 2019 at 12:25 PM
Thousands Of Tricycle Operators Hold Rally In Support Of Buhari In Kano / Buhari Supporters Hold Rally In Ilorin, Demand Saraki's Resignation / Pro-buhari Supporters Hold Rally To Welcome President To US (PHOTOS/VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by victorypeace: 5:35pm On Feb 12|
gidzbobby:Ask OBJ and ATIKU that sold the NITEL you mentioned to their friends why they did not pay them a penny. Why are you balming BUHARI?
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by victorypeace: 5:43pm On Feb 12|
borie4u:Do u see your level of reasoning? Do you know that it is the same ATIKU/OBJ that sent many of these retiree on early grave by selling and killing Nigeria Airways and NITEL without paying the workers. Here is Buhari that paid part of their Salaries and you have the gut to open your mouth to say Buhari only paid half. You should cover your face in shame
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by dominique(f): 5:48pm On Feb 12|
Come Sunday his eyes will turn red after the official results have been released. God forbid we hand over the keys to our treasury to that confirmed klepto. His first line of action is to recoup all the millions of dollars he squandered on his ill-fated campaign by selling one of our biggest national assets, NNPC. May God never let him suceed with his evil plan
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by gidzbobby: 5:48pm On Feb 12|
did you read at all ? were did u see me mention "Buhari" ? wah is wrong with you people for God sake ?
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by gidzbobby: 5:50pm On Feb 12|
Thank God you said "Some".... not all.
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by Veetee(m): 5:53pm On Feb 12|
To tell you the honest truth , I have been a supporter of Atiku until Sunday when my mum called and asked who i was voting for. Without hesitation i told her my votes goes for Atiku. Her response was with anger. My dad retired from Nitel and has not been paid until Buhari came in. For 4 months now his pension has been paid. Oh well, I'm just still thinking.
4 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by BiafraIsFree: 5:56pm On Feb 12|
That's one of the reasons The Indigenous People Of Biafra IPOB are pulling out of this black evil system called Nigeria created by Islamic British terrorist supervising by Fulani terrorist running by two men in aso rock "The Evil Palace" Akbar kayri, Mamman Daura and co.
I'm not voting again o.
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by segzy3: 5:58pm On Feb 12|
gidzbobby:u no understand English. I said find somewhere to sit.illiterate!
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by segzy3: 6:01pm On Feb 12|
Veetee:no nitel staff will vote atiku
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by MrMcJay(m): 6:05pm On Feb 12|
Are you aware that Atiku sold NITEL to his cronies?
I mean he sold it to himself using fronts?
Are you also aware that he undervalued it before selling so that he won't pay full price?
Ask your Dad how much Atiku gave him when NITEL was sold.
Now, do you think your Dad's pension would continue to be paid if Atiku wins?
Don't answer, just think about it.
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by olujastro: 6:11pm On Feb 12|
Veetee:This isn't surprising at all as the average Nigerian electorate is very uninformed and sentimental.
You're even considering the same person and party that dished out injustice to your own father and caused him and your family to suffer?
Continue thinking until PDP and Atiku loot your future away. Those who know know that PDP's trademark is to share what belongs to the ordinary man among themselves.
Buhari may be not be the best, but at least he isn't after riches and won't steal our money.
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by Iblad0994(m): 6:11pm On Feb 12|
God bless PMB. 4+4 God willing
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by gidzbobby: 6:11pm On Feb 12|
smh.... violence is written all over you sir. Before you call me names, pls read ur previous comment to my question and if you can't, call your neighbour's child to help you out. Thank you
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by borie4u(m): 6:18pm On Feb 12|
victorypeace:is like you have comprehension problem or that you have inpaired understanding. i said a fraction of the workers were paid and alot were not paid and you are here shouting gibberish. if u dont know anything its better to reason with fact. as i speak to you alot of the workers were deceived into the scam of payment. even after their verification many have not received any dime and you are here shouting.i am not in support of pdp either but what is bad is bad. pdp are failures while apc are liars. fact still remains that few people were paid. kapish
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by sogodihno: 6:18pm On Feb 12|
just keep shut! why didn't PDP pay them since 2004?
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by Younghacka(m): 6:31pm On Feb 12|
I Have Been Asking Same In My Mind. . .
Seun Go Don Make Enough Money From Those Ads Cos Any Section You Enter Naah Sowore Ad You Go See. . .
I Like The Guy Sowore But. . . Let's Be Realistic. . .
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by jrusky(m): 6:46pm On Feb 12|
Pls which Nigeria airway, the dead one or the illusions one? Apc stop talking nonsense the more you try to sell Buhari the more stupid you all look.
Was it Buhari administration that created Nigeria airway? Pls do Nigeria has national carrier called airway? Are you people sick? Apc are you all sick with your fellow bollocks doing jobless night vigil?
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by Glink2018(m): 7:17pm On Feb 12|
...and nothing is stopping athiefku from going back to Jada in Jesus name amen
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by supereagle(m): 8:26pm On Feb 12|
For Atiku to run down and sell Nigeria assets to himself. God would not ignore their cry, but God would ignore that of Atiku who caused the pains.
Job 34:28 So that they cause the cry of the poor to come unto him, and he heareth the cry of the afflicted.( For Retirees)
Proverbs 21:13 Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard.( For Atiku)
Proverbs 21:3 To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.( Buhari has done this)
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by Edgektwo: 8:30pm On Feb 12|
who sold nigeria airways which government is supposed to pay the entitlement they ignored them when they were there supposed to hear their cry now someone did
if davido is supporting atiku i understand that when they start selling national property his family will benefit but for poor or average nigerians who still earn a means of living from this public sector SMH
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by Didi2d(m): 8:35pm On Feb 12|
Don't forget, buhari also paid the biafran soldiers their pensions too
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by MrMcJay(m): 10:11pm On Feb 12|
There was NITEL and Nigerian Airways.
NITEL was sold by Atiku, so also was Nigerian Airways.
Workers were sacked and their entitlements weren't paid.
All these had accumulated and Pdp didn't pay in 16 years.
Buhari paid all these in 4 years.
Don't bother typing, I've not recovered from the headache caused by the last nonsense you typed.
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by wiseworld(m): 10:33pm On Feb 12|
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by Naajjii: 10:51pm On Feb 12|
Nigeria Airways was functioning with lots of Nigerians employed earning a living there. All of a sudden PDP government and Atiku as head of privatisation came out that Nigeria Airways was not doing well it needed to improved and to make it more efficient .Nigeria Airways was sold- the question now is who was it Sold to? Where is the money from the sales and where is the improvement ? Where are the workers working there? This is just Nigerian Airways there other companies that suffered similar fate. Now the same Atiku is coming telling some dumps Nigerians that he will do this do that they are falling for it.
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by Rotimi47: 3:57am On Feb 13|
changes. However, as the #1 citizen, his impact and leverage are the highest." Could you list the reasons? Here is the list of 34 reasons I said Buhari is not the reason Nigerians are suffering today:
1. The PDP got $1 trillion dollars from crude oil sales in 16 years and no visible change in the country. Buhari got $97 billion in three and half years and turned the whole of Nigeria into a giant construction site.
2. It is the PDP that looted Nigeria into recession but Buhari pulled us out of recession in less than 12 months due to smart implementation of brilliant economic policies.
3. Compare Nigeria and Venezuela economy.
4. Thousands of Venezuelan citizens are crossing their land borders into Brazil because of economic hardship.
5. Another example is Cyprus and Greece.
6. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) miracle.
7. Despite earning 1 trillion Dollars under PDP, Nigeria was still owing $6 Billion Dollars to multinational oil partners leading to job losses. Buhari paid it back in two years.
8. The Nigeria Customs Service used to remit disgraceful amounts to the treasury. But now, it is projected that it would remit between N1.5 trillion and N2 trillion Naira in 2018. In 2017, it remitted close to N1.4 trillion to the treasury.
9. The Nigeria Customs now remits about N2 trillion Naira to the treasury instead of about 50 Billion under PDP.
10. The federal inland revenue service now remits around N4 trillion naira per year to the treasury unlike before under GEJ when it used to remit N2 trillion.
11. The implementation of the treasury single account which was conceived by GEJ only started under Buhari and over 4 trillion was accumulated in a year.
12. The implementation of the BVN by President Buhari eliminated 75K ghost workers from the civil service thereby saving Nigeria N200 billion per year.
13. Unlike before when fuel scarcity was a recurring decimal, now under Buhari this problem has been nipped in the bud.
14. The 3K MW Mambila Hydropower project which was conceived decades ago has now received counterpart funding from the FG and it has been awarded to a Chinese construction firm for $5.7 billion. Most of the funds for the project will come from the China Exim Bank.
15. Buhari has recovered looted funds of over N1 trillion looted under the PDP/GEJ’s 3-year administration and these recoveries were factored into 2017 and 2018 budgets for the FG.
16. Buhari has been able to purchase over a billion-dollar worth of military hardware to fight terrorism.
17. Smuggling, armed robbery and brazen embezzlement of public funds have reduced drastically under President Buhari.
18. Buhari took us from a one-product and oil-dependent economy to a diversified economy. From spending billions of dollars on rice importation and from being the biggest rice-importing nation in the world to becoming the biggest rice producer in Africa and the 6th largest in the world.
19. He is also putting billions of naira in the pockets of Nigerians directly via the rice related anchored borrowers’ program which has created over 12 million jobs and over 4 million rice millionaire farmers.
20. Cash is paid directly to the poor via the conditional cash transfer of a non-refundable sum of N5k per person per month under Buhari. 10k per person is being paid also under the TraderMoni program and this amount can be scaled up to N100k if the beneficiaries pay back the loan.
21. Over 15m pupils are getting one meal a day with a drink and this has increased school enrolment.
22. Over 4,000 capital projects were included in the 2018 budget alone and Buhari is doing his best to disburse to contractors despite the fact that Saraki reduced the funds for these 4,000 projects by N347b. Buhari has so far spent over 2 trillion naira on roads, bridges, airports, primary health care etc. Instead of 18 Billion spent by Jonathan.
23. 500,000 previously unemployed graduates now have jobs under Buhari N-Power program.
24. Pensioners who were forgotten are now getting paid including ex-staffers of the Nigerian Airways 35 years later. An Ukraine-based pastor Sunday Adelaja. Source: Original
25. Also, ex-service men including those who served under Biafra got paid the gratuity that the FG had been owing them since the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and their pension payments have been regular under Buhari.
26. Thousands of Nigerians who would have continued to die in roads the PDP did not fix for 16 years cannot say Buhari has not made his impact felt considering the fact that over 500 federal roads are currently being fixed by FERMA and the Federal Ministry of Works all under Buhari.
27. There is not one state in Nigeria today where the Federal Government is not executing at least one road project.
28. Difficult or abandoned projects like the 2nd Niger Bridge have been brought back to life.
29. Sections of Ilorin-Jebba, Sokoto to Jeba, Sokoto-iletahave been completed. While progress of works continues nationwide from Jada to Mayo Belwa, Enugu to Port Harcourt, Lagos to Shagamu, Benin to Okene, Lokoja to Abuja, Kano to Maiduguri, Abuja – Kaduna, Kano to mention a few.
30. Millions of Nigerians will benefit from the dual carriage standard gauge rail lines scattered around the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria.
31. Thousands of artisans and graduates draw on loans of over N50b made available to them through the bank of industry with only their University certificates serving as collateral.
32. Boko Haram used to control 26 local governments in Nigeria but now it controls none. . Paris Club refund and Bail out to all the 36 States for 2 conservative times to the tune of $3B.
33. 20,000 Nigerians rescued from Boko Haram captivity including 100 Chibok girls and 100 Dapchi girls.
34. Jonathan met 64 billion dollars in the foreign reserves of Nigeria Depleted it to 29 billion despite making 383 billion from oil alone. They spent the 383 billion in six year, borrowed 20billion dollars, then went to the reserves to vandalize the reserves Today Buhari with three times less income has been able to increase our foreign reserves to 43 billion, and still executing more projects on ground. The current administration was voted into office promising to defeat corruption and recover the looted funds. How can Nigeria get rid of corruption? It is going to be a long and difficult fight for Nigeria to get rid of corruption. The only way to do it is to first of all change the value systems of the Nigerian people. We need to change our mindset. The government unfortunately right now are not paying keen attention to values. They are rather paying too much attention to the fight against corruption through police and government groups that they had set up. But the only way to get the country out of corruption is first to change the mindset of the people.
READ ALSO: Breaking: INEC releases electoral offences ahead of 2019 elections (Full list) Nigeria is competing with South Africa for continent’s ‘#1 economy’ title and stabilise its economy pretty well following the slump in oil prices. Will Nigeria eventually become an African superpower? Yes, there is no doubt about it. Nigeria will eventually become Africa’s superpower. I think the greatest challenge has been this past four-five years. From now on, I think Nigeria will be growing gradually but steadily. Nigeria will eventually fulfill her potentials. Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that six days to presidential election, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, President Muhammadu Buhari's chances of winning the poll has again been boosted with his adoption by the Oyo state chapter of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) as its presidential candidate Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1221333-2019-ukraine-based-nigerian-pastor-reveals-34-reasons-buhari-win-presidential-election-part-1.html
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by maasoap(m): 7:36am On Feb 13|
Don't trade your common sense for cheap popularity now! You've should have kept quiet. What should they have done? What would you do if you were to be one of them? Thieving Atiku and his gorilla boss sold almost government corporations at give away prices to themselves and their cronies without paying the entitlements of the laid off workers. Several years after their ordeal, Buhari remembered them but you're still bitter that they're supporting him. Should they have supported the very same man who wrecked their lives?
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by Franzinni: 2:07pm On Feb 13|
|Re: Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election by dominique(f): 2:37pm On Feb 13|
You sound like a not very bright juvenile, you were probably a toddler when Nigeria Airways got sold by the Obasanjo-Atuku administration and rendered thousands of people jobless. Your darling PDP leaders denied these people their entitlement but Buhari's administration paid them and you expect them to support one of the people that plunged them into misfortune? Would you?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 211