Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,442 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task (1017 Views)

Rivers: We Showed No Intent To Return, Except On Tinubu's Order - Commissioners / Mayweather Visits Amaechi, Talks About Plans To Establish Boxing Academy / Amaechi Talks Tough, Said Saturday Will Be Battle Not Election (pics/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task by KEVIND: 5:27pm On Feb 12, 2019
Amaechi talks tough, says whatever PDP wants in Rivers, we are equal to the task

The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has accused the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, of influencing a high court judgment against the All Progressives Congress in the state.

Amaechi, who spoke at the River State presidential campaign rally in Port Harcourt on Tuesday, alleged that the governor had betrayed him after being recommended for ministerial appointment during the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

According to the minister, the army also attempted to arrest him in 2015, despite having immunity as a sitting governor, adding that he was ready for battle with Wike.

He said, “Whatever Wike wants on Saturday, we will give him. Whatever the PDP wants in Rivers State, we are equal to the task. It’s as simple as that. It gets to a stage where a man must be a man. Your Excellency, I’m not going to Abuja anymore. I am here from today till (Election Day).

“In 2015, the army tried to arrest me as a sitting governor. You have a governor who is busy lobbying us, trying to negotiate with us, ‘Let us give you presidency, you give me governor.’ He is afraid. We will battle him to the last. On Saturday, they should get ready.

“The support we want is that the President should just thank us when we finish. We are ready for them. They used federal and state institutions against us. They kill our people, APC people, every day; cut off their necks every day. The right to choose our leaders to stop the killings — they got a state high court judge to give judgment.”

According to Amaechi, 80 per cent of those who have made successes in Rivers State politics passed through him.

“Wike was my chief of staff. I made him chairman of council. I nominated him as a minister. When he saw Goodluck, he betrayed me. I have been betrayed serially, including senators. After you finish helping them, after praying for them, they go and betray you for a pot of porridge. Saturday is our day,” he said.

https://punchng.com/amaechi-talks-tough-says-whatever-pdp-wants-in-rivers-we-are-equal-to-the-task/
Re: Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task by Baawaa(m): 5:28pm On Feb 12, 2019
Politicians,especially our politicians they are very useless
Re: Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task by Tofax: 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2019
Amaechi is consoling himself already.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task by stephleena(f): 5:41pm On Feb 12, 2019
Rat of Ubima save ur tears for a " Wiked" Saturday

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task by jlinkd78(m): 6:05pm On Feb 12, 2019
Ok
Re: Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task by magoo10(m): 6:12pm On Feb 12, 2019
The lizard of ubima no dey shame
Apc nor get candidate in rivers state.

Rivers is obediently atikulated

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task by Maxymilliano(m): 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2019
But your party is not on d ballot so what is Amaechi saying here
Re: Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task by JusticeSeeker: 6:25pm On Feb 12, 2019
Amaechi, carry on, let the heavens fall.
Re: Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task by SaiATKUOBI2019: 6:27pm On Feb 12, 2019
SAI ATIKUOBI FOR BETTER LIFE FOR ALL NIGERIANS....

SAI MR job$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...............JOIN THE PDP FESTIVAL AND ATIKULATE TO VICTORY, JOIN THE WINING TEAM.... #BetterNigeriaWith Atiku Aguero ABUBAKAR
Ambode, we all know suppose to dey tie wrapper complete with gele.
But what of that manlet, Alhaja Yemisi?
Is this the last card Oyorubas want to bank on as their presidential hopefull against 2023?
Am asking this because of the disastrous APC rally held in Osunbade's own state, where his presence could not at least get Amosun's thugs to behave.
It was almost as if he wasn't even present in the arena.
Re: Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task by arewaboy01(m): 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2019
we don't want to hear BIAFRA or death by next week oh...not too late to join the next level train 4+ 4 sak!
Re: Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task by BuhariAdvocate: 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2019
angry the security measure have put in place to kick their asses.
arewaboy01:
we don't want to hear BIAFRA or death by next week oh...not too late to join the next level train 4+ 4 sak!
Re: Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task by Printerscanner: 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2019
Those who have ears, let them hear.
Re: Amaechi Talks Tough, Says Whatever PDP Wants In Rivers, We Are Equal To The Task by arewaboy01(m): 11:13pm On Feb 12, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
angry the security measure have put in place to kick their asses.
yeah incase they've forgotten about the python dance

(1) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje Disrespects Lagosians / BREAKING: Opposition Parties Adopt Pdp’s Seyi Makinde / Police Arrest Oyo House Of Assembly Chief Whip Over Olatoye’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.