Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

My Travel Experience To East Africa - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Travel Experience To East Africa (24599 Views)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience / Roadside Hawkers: My Experience From Lagos To East. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2019
Mizwisdom:
On a serious note, doesn't Nigeria look a bit better? I think Southern African counties are the most developed, then North Africa, West Africa & East Africa follows in respective order.

Nigeria look better? Which part of Nigeria apart from where the few corrupt elites lives look better. Have you heard of jet cars, Rwanda is proposing to do that soon. I can tell you that rwandese are friendly and can gurantee 99.99 percent security. But Nigeria is only 0.1 percent secure.

Rwanda is the Singapore of Africa
South Africa is the US of Africa
Nigeria is the Venezuela of Africa.

Get that straight that Nigeria is just a worst place to live in

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Mizwisdom(f): 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
Predstan:

Nigeria look better? Which part of Nigeria apart from where the few corrupt elites lives look better. Have you heard of jet cars, Rwanda is proposing to do that soon. I can tell you that rwandese are friendly and can gurantee 99.99 percent security. But Nigeria is only 0.1 percent secure.

Can you show us a pix of modern buildings and 8 lane roads? Everything looks mundane to me, especially their bicycles as means of transportation smh. Yeah you're correct about security, it's pretty high although I think your figure's are wrong cheesy 99.9 & 0.1% grin. Bru this money you are sharing up & down, where was it made? cheesy why do you guys keep dragging people into arguments? okay, Rwanda is Singapore, agreed. Hope you feel so much better grin

2 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by dyadeleye(m): 8:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Can you show us a pix of modern buildings and 8 lane roads? Everything looks mundane to me, especially their bicycles as means of transportation smh. Yeah you're correct about security, it's pretty high although I think your figure's are wrong cheesy 99.9 & 0.1% grin. Bru this money you are sharing up & down, where was it made? cheesy why do you guys keep dragging people into arguments? okay, Rwanda is Singapore, agreed. Hope you feel so much better grin

Ma'am, take it from the op, naija is the worst place to live in, I have lived in 5 African countries already and the OP is saying the truth..

Forget about the 8 lanes.
The country is not moving forward with the rest of the world. Sighs#

8 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 8:12pm On Mar 06, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Can you show us a pix of modern buildings and 8 lane roads? Everything looks mundane to me, especially their bicycles as means of transportation smh. Yeah you're correct about security, it's pretty high although I think your figure's are slightly wrong cheesy 99.9 & 0.1% grin

I have alot of videos but not pictures thats why you may not see many of such pictures here. But it would be good for you to travel out of your so called developed country to see what is obtainable outside. Ive not seen anyone who has traveled to Rwanda rated your country ahead of Rwanda. Both Nigeria and Rwanda are developing countries but one is developing faster than the other. Infact the other one is deteriorating. If Rwanda has the same resources as you have, maybe they would have been ahead of South Africa by now.

You talked about their bicycles, have you been to Kwara state before, Baruten, Moro and Edu precisely. Have you been to Adamawa, Jigawa and Bornu before?

My figures about security are just exaggeration but sincerely, 90% of Nigerians have corrupt minds and can be bought to carry out illegal activities. Its just about the price.

Kenya, Ethiopia are also East African Countries and i can say they are ahead of Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Rwanda(Kigali) to Uganda(Kampala) is about 800km which is the same distance as Lagos to Abuja. But there was no single port-hole. Infact, the road was very neat that i thought and asked if the road was newly constructed, but to my greatest surprise, the road has been there for over 10years. The same cannot be said about My country

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Mizwisdom(f): 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2019
Predstan:

I thought you were going to defend your Country with what we have but shame on you. Abeg find money travel go see wetin we don see small jare

Has it come to this level? cheesy this one you're showing yourself on top East Africa, if you now travel to Europe we won't be human to you anymore grin okay Ajala the richest traveller, bye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Tochex101(m): 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2019
Predstan:

I have alot of videos but not pictures thats why you may not see many of such pictures here. But it would be good for you to travel out of your so called developed country to see what is obtainable outside. Ive not seen anyone who has traveled to Rwanda rated your country ahead of Rwanda. Both Nigeria and Rwanda are developing countries but one is developing faster than the other. Infact the other one is deteriorating. If Rwanda has the same resources as you have, maybe they would have been ahead of South Africa by now.

You talked about their bicycles, have you been to Kwara state before, Baruten, Moro and Edu precisely. Have you been to Adamawa, Jigawa and Bornu before?

My figures about security are just exaggeration but sincerely, 90% of Nigerians have corrupt minds and can be bought to carry out illegal activities. Its just about the price.

Kenya, Ethiopia are also East African Countries and i can say they are ahead of Nigeria

Lol....she talked about cycling, she has no clue that modern sustainable cities are trying to cut down on vehicular transport and carbon emission....

4 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 8:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Has it come to this level? cheesy this one you're showing yourself on top East Africa, if you now travel to Europe we won't be human to you anymore grin okay Ajala the richest traveller, bye.

Oh so sorry. But i didnt mean it that way... I will modify my post if it irks you

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
Predstan:

Good correlation

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by fxdee(m): 9:57pm On Mar 06, 2019
Predstan:

Rwanda(Kigali) to Uganda(Kampala) is about 800km which is the same distance as Lagos to Abuja. But there was no single port-hole. Infact, the road was very neat that i thought and asked if the road was newly constructed, but to my greatest surprise, the road has been there for over 10years. The same cannot be said about My country
...waoooo....
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by fxdee(m): 9:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
Predstan:

Q

...waoooo....
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by AngelicBeing: 10:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
Mizwisdom:
On a serious note, doesn't Nigeria look a bit better? I think Southern African counties are the most developed, then North Africa, West Africa & East Africa follows in respective order.
North Africa is actually well developed in terms of modern infrastructures, with what I saw in Algeria during my visit / conference in the 90's , Anaba, Oran, Ghardaiah, Tamarasset Constantine (all cities in Algeria) l posted it on that Algerian thread few months ago and another brief visit l made to Rabat in Morocco, I saluted them, atleast I can speak of Algeria and Morocco, they are very developed compared to West African countries .

ln my opinion, l will rate North African countries as number one in terms of development / infrastructures followed by South African countries especially (South Africa as a country) , then I will take East African countries especially (Rwanda, Kenya, Ethiopia as a country) and West Africa / Central Africa

l have not been to Egypt / Tunisia / Libya but I heard from friends who visited that they are as developed like Algeria and Morocco.

The only draw back with the Magreb countries ( Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya is the language which is Arabic or French, although few citizens can communicate in English language other than that, they are almost like mini Europe in the African continent, Morocco Harbors 2 Spanish island called (Ceuta and Melila)., several Africans sought asylum there and they were transferred to either Madrid, Barcelona and many are Spanish citizens today.

The major problems l see with few West African countries is leadership problems, once the leadership problem is fixed, you can now talk of development, and development should start with good security, power, good roads etc if Nigeria can only provide 24 hours power, good security and good roads, Nigeria will be the best or one of the best countries to live in Africa but I don't see that happening because of corruption and the kulikuli leaders we have in Nigeria,

Lastly, look at small Libya, before Ghadafi was overthrown and killed, Libya was also like a mini Europe in Africa, although Ghadafi was a dictator but Libyan citizens were enjoying good welfare assistance and also enjoying the basic necessities of life like there European counterpart courtesy of Ghadafi, all Libyan cities had power, security, good roads and good health care systems, the same is replicate in other North African countries.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by virago(f): 12:33am On Mar 07, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Yes, same with the various bureau de change in different parts of the country, mehn, in terms of security, I give it to Rwanda, if they have half or a quarter of the resources we have in Nigeria, Rwanda will almost be like mini - Europe, l am working on developing a small piece of land as (vacation home) l bought at kayonze via a friend whose family owns several real Estate properties in the country, that will be during my next visit cool

What you don't understand is it is these resources that bring corruption , once they have the kind of resources we have they'll become corrupt. Congo is very rich in mineral resources ( actually the country with the most natural resources in the world ) but also the most corrupt country in the world , ever wondered why

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Eldemmi(m): 7:56am On Mar 07, 2019
op please are you giving us more, the lovely story is finished am interested in experience not argument.Thanks all the way.

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by AngelicBeing: 8:00am On Mar 07, 2019
virago:

What you don't understand is it is these resources that bring corruption , once they have the kind of resources we have they'll become corrupt. Congo is very rich in mineral resources ( actually the country with the most natural resources in the world ) but also the most corrupt country in the world , ever wondered why
It also boils down to the kind of institutions on ground in such countries to punish corruption which I think Rwanda is building already .

Saudi Arabia, UAE Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, China all have good resources ( human / natural) but you dare not as a Saudi government official embezzle state funds and be able to sleep peacefully and wake up the following morning, the same applies to China, there might be little cases of graft in the countries l mentioned above but the kind of corruption you see in Congo Drc and several dead African countries can never happen in the GCC countries and China.

Obama said that Africa should build institutions that will address several lapses we see across the continent, the kind of punishment for looters and corrupt cases in China/ GCC countries should be enforced across Africa, once they start chopping off peoples hands and outright execution of graft offenders, it will send a strong message to everyone in those countries grin

4 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by mroyato(m): 9:09am On Mar 07, 2019
I can accept anything but nah Ethiopia isn't better than Nigeria. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 9:20am On Mar 07, 2019
mroyato:
I can accept anything but nah Ethiopia isn't better than Nigeria. Thank you.

I didnt say its Better. Its ahead of Nigeria. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by AngelicBeing: 9:30am On Mar 07, 2019
Predstan:

l agree with you, Lol, personally, there are 3 things l look for in any country l visit, Security of lives and properties, good roads / water and power, once I see this 3 items working efficiently and effectively in any country, l salute them and I rate them higher than whatever country of origin l am coming from, l don't do blind patriotism, if the US ever come to not having those 3 items and I find those 3 items in Togo / Gambia / Lesotho, I will rate them more than than the US, and any government on earth that can't guarantee security of lives and properties, power and general infrastructures for her citizens, is to me a dead and useless country, l have no apology for that country, l don't do blind patriotism grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Agbaletu: 9:48am On Mar 07, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l agree with you, Lol, personally, there are 3 things l look for in any country l visit, Security of lives and properties, good roads / water and power, once I see this 3 items working efficiently and effectively in any country, l salute them and I rate them higher than whatever country of origin l am coming from, l don't do blind patriotism, if the US ever come to not having those 3 items and I find those 3 items in Togo / Gambia / Lesotho, I will rate them more than than the US, and any government on earth that can't guarantee security of lives and properties, power and general infrastructures for her citizens, is to me a dead and useless country, l have no apology for that country, l don't do blind patriotism grin
I am always wondering when I see Nigerians comparing Nigeria with countries outside West Africa. Nigeria can't be in the same list with Ethiopia, Rwanda and Kenya. We should all accept that nothing is working here.
No constant electricity
No pipe borne water
No security
No good road
High rate of unemployment
World headquarters of poverty
Very diabolical

This is not a country Jo.

6 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 10:11am On Mar 07, 2019
AngelicBeing:

Nigerians Believe being a developed country is by building tall buildings, constructing inferior roads in few parts of the country, Owning the most expensive cars, having the richest man in the world. But no security, no light, no water and other basic amenities.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by AngelicBeing: 10:20am On Mar 07, 2019
Agbaletu:

I am always wondering when I see Nigerians comparing Nigeria with countries outside West Africa. Nigeria can't be in the same list with Ethiopia, Rwanda and Kenya. We should all accept that nothing is working here.
No constant electricity
No pipe borne water
No security
No good road
High rate of unemployment
World headquarters of poverty
Very diabolical

This is not a country Jo.
l agree with you they are in denials and patriotic, I don't do blind patriotism, all that you listed above are Spot on, the truth is bitter but it is only the truth we tell to ourselves and do as well that will set us free .

let me digress abit, my Rwandanese friend shared an incident with me via whatsapp that happened in Rwanda, we were talking about the general state of things in Africa and l now asked him, don't you think Rwanda might also change and be another shithole, he laughed, he now said that, a security guard working at the Genocide memorial in Rwanda stole CCTV cameras and disk from some computers inside the Genocide memorial, to cut my narrative short, the guy was arrested and the prosecutors slammed several charges on the guy, the judge was furious in the court with the accused and said that the accused desecrated the Genocide memorial ground and sentenced him to 65 years in jail shocked

The Rwandanese friend of mine said that is the way the country deals with criminals / criminality / corruption etc and no Rwandanese citizen want wahala with the justice system, he ended up by saying with the institution on ground, the citizens are all aware of the consequences of stealing, looting, crimes and corruption and as a result, Rwanda will continue to uphold the tenets of honesty and those who trespass or violate the laws of the land are severely punished, that is a country that is working jare grin

5 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by AngelicBeing: 10:21am On Mar 07, 2019
Predstan:

Nigerians Believe being a developed country is by building tall buildings, constructing inferior roads in few parts of the country, Owning the most expensive cars, having the richest man in the world. But no security, no light, no water and other basic amenities.

I concur with you grin
Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by mroyato(m): 11:35am On Mar 07, 2019
what do you mean by 'ahead of Nigeria'? Are we talking time zone here or economic development?

I didnt say its Better. Its ahead of Nigeria. Thanks[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
mroyato:
what do you mean by 'ahead of Nigeria'? Are we talking time zone here or economic development?

The are both developing countries. While Nigeria is deteriorating, Ethiopia is developing faster than Nigeria is. Life in Ethiopia is better than Life in Nigeria. Education Budget of Ethiopia is more than 3times that of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Lordkross(m): 1:13pm On Mar 07, 2019
Please OP and all let's keep feeding our focus on this thread.

Nigeria is not going anywhere, at least until after 2023 when Mauritius would have become the First Developed Nation in Africa.

If we keep arguing about Nigeria, West Africa we'll end up having to schedule a meeting of punches because Na fight go remain make we fight ourselves.

Please OP stay on target (No go do like PSG), give us info's and pictures... especially your one night stand grin grin grin make we follow partake as e dey hot.

Anybody when wan argue about Nigeria make him go start him own thread abeg.

5 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by dabocity(m): 4:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
Lordkross:
Please OP and all let's keep feeding our focus on this thread.

Nigeria is not going anywhere, at least until after 2023 when Mauritius would have become the First Developed Nation in Africa.

If we keep arguing about Nigeria, West Africa we'll end up having to schedule a meeting of punches because Na fight go remain make we fight ourselves.

Please OP stay on target (No go do like PSG), give us info's and pictures... especially your one night stand grin grin grin make we follow partake as e dey hot.

Anybody when wan argue about Nigeria make him go start him own thread abeg.

I told him but seems he is more interested in the argument. I have decided to be an observer.

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by mroyato(m): 9:33pm On Mar 07, 2019
Can it be the same Ethiopia we are taking about here? Bruh Ethiopia can't lace Nigeria's boot. I have been to Addis 4 times.

Predstan:

The are both developing countries. While Nigeria is deteriorating, Ethiopia is developing faster than Nigeria is. Life in Ethiopia is better than Life in Nigeria. Education Budget of Ethiopia is more than 3times that of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Predstan: 10:31pm On Mar 07, 2019
mroyato:

Can it be the same Ethiopia we are taking about here? Bruh Ethiopia can't lace Nigeria's boot. I have been to Addis 4 times.

So what was your experience in Ethiopia. What year was that sir?

1 Like

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Yupng: 10:47pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hahahahah, you just made my day... Tell them make dem hear. West Africa is the least developed.

Predstan:

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Ugosample(m): 5:30pm On Mar 08, 2019
Predstan:

well Nigeria is not exactly like Venezuela

Nigeria just needs to do better

because it's acting below its potential

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Travel Experience To East Africa by Ugosample(m): 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2019
virago:

that's another interesting and intelligent angle to this discussion

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Peter Mbah To Construct Enugu Central Terminal In 12 Months / Trailer And Car Accident At Ogodu Bridge, Lagos / Train Carrying Soft Drinks Derails In Kaduna Killing Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.