Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,447 members, 7,781,296 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:58 AM

Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy (3139 Views)

One Sure Way To Know Who Your Heart truly Desires. / Most Ladies Felt Relieved,not Pained After Terminating A Pregnancy / Can You Use A Pregnancy To Trap A Man Into Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by GboyegaD(m): 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2010
Fellow NLanders,

There is a story I heard recently of 2 young friends who fell in love with one another. While the guy was still a chaste at the beginning of the relationship, the lady had lost her chastity. They dated for about 5 months before they parted ways as things seemed not to work.

The guy had his first sexual experience in the relationship however, the sex was an unprotected one 'cos it happened when he least expected. He claims the lady had come to visit him and when she came, she said she needed to visit the convenience and also asked for one of his tops to wear. Thereafter, she seduced him and they had it despite his insistence that they shouldn't since he wasn't protected. She promised him that based on her experience, she was going to use a particular drug that will wash away the effects of their sex. Besides, he is still very sure of the date they had sex because it was his 1st experience. The lady said the pregnancy is about 5months and it is just 4months and 2weeks after their sexual encounter.

Eight days after, the lady told him while they were discussing that she seems to be experiencing signs of early pregnancy and would confirm the following day. She later called the following day to confirm that she bought some kits at a pharmacy which she used in testing herself and the result was positive.

My question is, is it possible to detect that one is pregnant within 10days using urine if we assume conception was same day they had sex? This is because from the story I heard, I suspect the lady is trying to push the pregnancy on him.

your response(s) I believe will not only educate me but will educate as many who do not have the knowledge of the topic prior to when they read the post.

Sincere regards,
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by InkedNerd(f): 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2010
Yes, it is possible.
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by googles: 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2010
Appears this girl want to trick yur friend. . . . . medically a week old pregnancy can only reflect in the blood

it takes time before it can show in the urine.she prolly wants to tie him down with another man's pregnancy or scam him

tell your friend to take her for a labouratory test at least that will tell how old the pregnancy is, that is if shez truly preggers

1 Like

Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by omega25red(m): 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2010
grin grin grin grin
tell that friend of yours that he has been suckered into a bad situation because that woman has found a mugu. He better not believe that bullcrap and tell her to go find her baby's daddy somewhere else. Though it is possible but damn how can she start feeling signs of early pregnancy a few days after they had sex?

How stupid is your friend that he would agree to have unprotected sex with a woman he just started dating he hadn't even seen the hiv report and now she is hooking a pregnancy on his head.

it's true a mugu is born every 5 seconds
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by GboyegaD(m): 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2010
@ Googles and Inked_Nerd, thanks a lot.

I tried convincing him to go with her to where she is doing her ante-natal to confirm from the doctor in charge of her file the exact number of weeks the pregnancy is but he is scared since the mother has taken responsibility of the lady and the foetus ever since she was informed of the pregnancy. I also told him that from what I learnt from my medical friends in school then, a normal delivery takes place 38weeks after conception thus, we may have to count back after her delivery since he is scared of taking proactive steps.

@Omega25red, my major challenge is that the lady keeps telling whoever who cares to listen that my friend is responsible and he is not bothered. But from his explanations, I think she is trying to push it on him and nothing more.
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by googles: 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2010
GboyegaD:

I tried convincing him to go with her to where she is doing her ante-natal to confirm from the doctor in charge of her file the exact number of weeks the pregnancy is but he is scared since the mother has taken responsibility of the lady and the foetus ever since she was informed of the pregnancy
. I also told him that from what I learnt from my medical friends in school then, a normal delivery takes place 38weeks after conception thus, we may have to count back after her delivery since he is scared of taking proactive steps.

@Omega25red, my major challenge is that the lady keeps telling whoever who cares to listen that my friend is responsible and he is not bothered. But from his explanations, I think she is trying to push it on him and nothing more.

sorry how old is this pregnancy now?? undecided
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by GboyegaD(m): 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2010
^^^^^^

I really do not know but from his explanations, he said the last time she told him it is about 5 months however, it is barely 4 months 2 weeks they had sex.
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by Spyker: 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2010
Got this on google.

What’s the earliest a pregnancy can be detected?

For most women, it may be possible to determine whether you are pregnant as early as 7-10 days after conception. However, the time required depends greatly on the type of pregnancy test being used, as well as your own individual physiology.

Clinical blood and urine tests, performed by your health care provider, may be more accurate and produce an earlier positive than home pregnancy tests. However, these tests can be expensive, inconvenient, and time consuming. For this reason, many women choose to use home pregnancy tests.

Home pregnancy tests measure the amount of the pregnancy hormone hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) present in a woman’s system. As a pregnancy progresses, the amount of hCG present in a womans urine increases. At 10 days past conception, for example, the average woman has an hCG measurement of right around 25 mIU. This amount doubles to 50 mIU at 12 days past conception, and then doubles again to 100 mIU at around two weeks past conception. Different tests have different levels of sensitivity; if you use a home pregnancy test that is sensitive to 100 mIU, it will not tell you that you are pregnant if your level of hCG is only 75 mIU.

In addition, the rate at which hCG shows up in the system varies from one woman to the next. For this reason, if you test early with a very sensitive test, you could still wind up with a false negative. You should follow up this early test with an additional test a few days later.

hCG is most concentrated in the first morning urine of the day, so it is important to test during this time.

Poster, if you are not sure, better take her to do a proper test in your presence, you choosing the lab and place and time.
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by googles: 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2010
GboyegaD:

^^^^^^

I really do not know but from his explanations, he said the last time she told him it is about 5 months however, it is barely 4 months 2 weeks they had sex.

hmm i see. . .

he should wait for a DNA test if hez convinced the feotus is not his then.
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by Jaideyone(m): 11:44pm On Aug 23, 2010
chei. . . grin this thread reminds me of one of my threads here on nairaland.
That was around this time last year grin she was supposed to see her period the next day after i had sex with her but she didn't and she concluded i was responsible for the pregnacy grin i had to cough out close to 20k to take care of it. Whereas hormonal action doesn't start start until 2wks after conception so she wasn't supposed to miss her period.
Now i know better. no girl can maga me again grin my new watch word NO CONDOM NO SEX grin
Poster don't allow her to fool you o
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by yinqxy(f): 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2010
Yes it is possible u can detect even a week's pregnancy but they can stil go for a lab test cheesy
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 03, 2010
I wish this googles thing will stop saying what his/her scum brain knows nothing about,

@post yes there is possibilities for that. But she really need to try the test again after 1 more week, Sorry my comment came late tho, what's up with it now, ?
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by LAGOS1976: 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2010
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by eejo(m): 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2010
all guys on nairaland read do not have unprotected sex except your married wife women are evil these days dating so many guys at the same time tell your friend to wait for D N A test after the baby is born to confirm if he is the father or not
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by forgetInot(f): 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2010
There is a strong possibility that it is his because the counting is done from the first day of your last period not the day you had sex.

Sperm can also last for up to seven days in a woman's body so conception could have occurred at any time after depending on the day she produced an egg.

So tell your friend to start saving, next time, he shouldn't give into temptation.
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by Cmanforall: 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2010
forgetInot:

There is a strong possibility that it is his because the counting is done from the first day of your last period not the day you had sex.

spermatozoa can also last for up to seven days in a woman's body so conception could have occurred at any time after depending on the day she produced an egg.

So tell your friend to start saving, next time, he shouldn't give into temptation.

gbam!
@poster, just tel ur frnd dt he's responsibl. Then anoda thin I wud like 2 knw is d date d gal saw her menses last i.e d 1st day of her last menses.
Now if d gal saw her period 2wks b4 d s*x (5month preg> 4rm d gal; 4mnth 2wks> d boy had s*x), addin ds to 4mnth 2wk= 5months.
2wks afta a period is time 4 ovulation(in most gals wit a 28day cycle). For ur frnd to hv unproctd sex @ dt moment of ovulation(wen she releases egg) makes him 99.872113% responsibl 4 ds pregn.
He's gonna b a dad! Is dt not a thing f JOY??
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by googles: 11:38pm On Sep 04, 2010
REALITY101:

I wish this googles thing will stop saying what his/her scum brain knows nothing about,

@post yes there is possibilities for that. But she really need to try the test again after 1 more week, Sorry my comment came late tho, what's up with it now, ?

i guess in watever community primary school you were sent. . . your dumb teachers forgot to tell you it takes 7 days to av a week huh?

Spyker:

[

For most women, it may be possible to determine whether you are pregnant as early as 7-10 days after conception. However, the time required depends greatly on the type of pregnancy test being used, as well as your own individual physiology.

Clinical blood and urine tests, performed by your health care provider, may be more accurate and produce an earlier positive than home pregnancy tests. However, these tests can be expensive, inconvenient, and time consuming. For this reason, many women choose to use home pregnancy tests.

Home pregnancy tests measure the amount of the pregnancy hormone hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) present in a woman’s system. As a pregnancy progresses, the amount of hCG present in a womans urine increases. At 10 days past conception, for example, the average woman has an hCG measurement of right around 25 mIU. This amount doubles to 50 mIU at 12 days past conception, and then doubles again to 100 mIU at around two weeks past conception. Different tests have different levels of sensitivity; if you use a home pregnancy test that is sensitive to 100 mIU, it will not tell you that you are pregnant if your level of hCG is only 75 mIU.

In addition, the rate at which hCG shows up in the system varies from one woman to the next. For this reason, if you test early with a very sensitive test, you could still wind up with a false negative. You should follow up this early test with an additional test a few days later.

hCG is most concentrated in the first morning urine of the day, so it is important to test during this time.

Poster, if you are not sure, better take her to do a proper test in your presence, you choosing the lab and place and time.

dum dum, if you prolly take your time to read the quote you will see that only blood tests are sure bankers within the first week of conception

if you are actually going to be faking as a medical doctor dont you think you should at least read wide to buttress your fake act ? total waste of life !!!
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by earthrealm(m): 12:18am On Sep 05, 2010
u need 2 get 2 things right.
1.the date of the last menstrual cycle prior to the se.xual act
2. the exact date of the se,xual act

post these 2 details n i will let u know if u cud b the owner of the pregnancy!
there is a certain way of counting the pregnancy thingy, its not as straight 4ward as u think
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
GboyegaD:

I tried convincing him to go with her to where she is doing her ante-natal to confirm from the doctor in charge of her file the exact number of weeks the pregnancy is but he is scared since the mother has taken responsibility of the lady and the foetus ever since she was informed of the pregnancy. I also told him that from what I learnt from my medical friends in school then, a normal delivery takes place 38weeks after conception thus, we may have to count back after her delivery since he is scared of taking proactive steps.

So how did it go? Is the baby yours after all? Should bless close to 5yrs now cheesy
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by PunkyOh(f): 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2015
10 days? Even hospitals & clinics tell you to come after one month for an accurate detection. Blood testing is the only test I know of that can detect pregnancy in its earliest stages.

She's "framing" him. Bottom line.
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by GboyegaD(m): 12:44am On Apr 13, 2015
moreeni:

So how did it go? Is the baby yours after all? Should bless close to 5yrs now cheesy

She eventually had the baby earlier than expected and never consulted the guy after he challenged her. I don't know how old the baby is but I know the guy was finally exonerated. The pregnancy never had anything to do with me in the first instance and the lady in question isn't someone I talk to. I was concerned because a lady drew my attention to the fact that one of the boys in my unit impregnated someone and the guy in question was someone I took as a younger brother.
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by Nobody: 4:55am On Apr 13, 2015
GboyegaD:

She eventually had the baby earlier than expected and never consulted the guy after he challenged her. I don't know how old the baby is but I know the guy was finally exonerated. The pregnancy never had anything to do with me in the first instance and the lady in question isn't someone I talk to. I was concerned because a lady drew my attention to the fact that one of the boys in my unit impregnated someone and the guy in question was someone I took as a younger brother.

Interesting. Was just super curious. Children are always a blessing and girls love to pitch their tents with good guys when the going gets rough. It is well.
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by williamspaul22(m): 5:16am On Apr 13, 2015
Whether she is pregnant for me or not, if I see her infront of my gate. Hmm, I go cut off her legs undecided
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by maclatunji: 10:38am On Apr 13, 2015
GboyegaD:
Fellow NLanders,

There is a story I heard recently of 2 young friends who fell in love with one another. While the guy was still a chaste at the beginning of the relationship, the lady had lost her chastity. They dated for about 5 months before they parted ways as things seemed not to work.

The guy had his first sexual experience in the relationship however, the sex was an unprotected one 'cos it happened when he least expected. He claims the lady had come to visit him and when she came, she said she needed to visit the convenience and also asked for one of his tops to wear. Thereafter, she seduced him and they had it despite his insistence that they shouldn't since he wasn't protected. She promised him that based on her experience, she was going to use a particular drug that will wash away the effects of their sex. Besides, he is still very sure of the date they had sex because it was his 1st experience. The lady said the pregnancy is about 5months and it is just 4months and 2weeks after their sexual encounter.

Eight days after, the lady told him while they were discussing that she seems to be experiencing signs of early pregnancy and would confirm the following day. She later called the following day to confirm that she bought some kits at a pharmacy which she used in testing herself and the result was positive.

My question is, is it possible to detect that one is pregnant within 10days using urine if we assume conception was same day they had sex? This is because from the story I heard, I suspect the lady is trying to push the pregnancy on him.

your response(s) I believe will not only educate me but will educate as many who do not have the knowledge of the topic prior to when they read the post.

Sincere regards,

Lesson: Flee from trouble. It does seem like he is being framed but since he had sex with her, how can he be sure? Ultimately, DNA test might have to be carried out to determine the baby's paternity.
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by GboyegaD(m): 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
maclatunji:

Lesson: Flee from trouble. It does seem like he is being framed but since he had sex with her, how can he be sure? Ultimately, DNA test might have to be carried out to determine the baby's paternity.

The girl never came to him after she had her baby. I still get to talk to the guy but he's never mentioned her coming to him more so, I don't get to see him of late like I used to. Hopefully,he's learnt from that.
Re: Please Enlighten Me: I Need To Know Who Is Responsible For A Pregnancy by GboyegaD(m): 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
moreeni:

Interesting. Was just super curious. Children are always a blessing and girls love to pitch their tents with good guys when the going gets rough. It is well.

But not framing a young lad. Guess she is happy with her life and we all make mistakes in life.

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Without Sex-----is It Possible Today / Should I Tell Him? / Must You Marry Someone That Struggled With You Before You Made It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.