Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

God And Shoes.... - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God And Shoes.... (6650 Views)

Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me / The Difference Between Being A Child Of God And A Son Of God / The True Nature Of God And Universe(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God And Shoes.... by MuttleyLaff: 1:05am On Feb 15, 2019
HappyPagan:
this thread title though.. got me checking if I'm in the right section everytime I refresh.. GOD and CHOOSE >>> tongue
The devil wears prada apparently, but God doesnt HappyPagan. What you see of God, is what you get, so you're in the right section. Just make the sign of the cross to reassure yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God And Shoes.... by budaatum: 1:05am On Feb 15, 2019
IAmSabrina:

Hmph. LordReed take it easy o cheesy
I do enjoy budaatum's posts. Even though I dont get what point he/she's trying to make half the time grin
Please ask when you don't understand. I shall gladly respond.

1 Like

Re: God And Shoes.... by budaatum: 1:11am On Feb 15, 2019
LordReed:

I know you said not to answer but I will for my own entertainment. Budaatum refuses to acknowledge personal sex but I like to think its a she, a sexy, long legged, well endowed, lithe female. LMFAO!
You dash buda banana, my Lord! More like short, ugly, bow legged, no tits and gross.

I would add pig, or dog, at the end, but then I'd be asking you to believe dogs and pigs talk too along with Juju's shoes, which is an ask.

1 Like

Re: God And Shoes.... by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 15, 2019
budaatum:

Please ask when you don't understand. I shall gladly respond.
For starters, are you a guy or a girl. I'm just curious cheesy
Re: God And Shoes.... by budaatum: 1:17am On Feb 15, 2019
IAmSabrina:

For starters, are you a guy or a girl. I'm just curious cheesy
"So God creates buda in God's own image, in the image of God God creates buda; both male and female God creates buda."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And Shoes.... by budaatum: 1:22am On Feb 15, 2019
JujuSugar:
Pick up a shoe.....

Now, if God really does exist and wants a relationship with us -- and if this relationship is the single most important thing to "get right" -- then why would God not give us more epistemic access to his own existence … than that of a shoe??. Doesn't this seem incompatible with the existence of a god who wants to have a relationship with us?
Why, do you say "God [did] not give us more epistemic access to his own existence", yet claim "He told me".

1 Like

Re: God And Shoes.... by JujuSugar(f): 1:23am On Feb 15, 2019
Re: God And Shoes.... by JujuSugar(f): 1:25am On Feb 15, 2019
budaatum:

Why, do you say "God [did] not give us more epistemic access to his own existence", yet claim "He told me".
I thought we were playing a game, weren't we?

1 Like

Re: God And Shoes.... by JujuSugar(f): 1:27am On Feb 15, 2019
budaatum:

"So God created buda in God's own image, in the image of God God create buda; both male and female God created buda."
You do know you didn't answer the question, right?
Re: God And Shoes.... by budaatum: 2:17am On Feb 15, 2019
IAmSabrina:
I find it quite bizarre that ones eternal salvation depends on believing that god exists based on poor evidence.
This is one of the greatest travesties ever perpetrated, that ones eternal salvation depends on believing God exists! Its a general view in Christianity that I am yet to resolve and have constantly written about "Lord Lordism", referring to a particular parable where Jesus was clearly saying believing is not sufficient for salvation, as far as I understand. That said, and since most start their God journey from when they were children who were incapable of no more than believing, I can now say that I perfectly understand that people start with belief, "when I was a child", and all. Buda's path was however different. You may read what buda did When the "Lord said to Moses, “Come up to the Lord, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, to fully understand.

In your's above, you seem to present salvation as something beneficial to God. It is not. It is humans who salvation benefits. But more important is this "poor evidence" for God, that you mention. Juju called it "human's epistemological framework". I put it to her that that epistemological framework may be highly comprehensively knowledgeable where shoes are concerned, but a mere patchwork where God is concerned, but I think it didn't go down well, though she did later confess that her framework was far greater that she first implied.

Is it the evidence that is poor, or your senses that are poor, Sabrina?

IAmSabrina:
Whats even worse is that belief or disbelief is something one has no control over. Nobody can force their minds to believe something that doesn't make any sense. Sure you can say that you believe something is true, but that is not the same thing as believing it with your mind. 
Alice too said " I can't believe that", and I've previously posted this to show how absurd believing actually is. It is a constant bug of mine, and I still believe that claiming to believe in God is a burn in hell sin for buda, who ought to know!

However, now that I have carefully listened to the Queen's following advice,

‘I daresay you haven’t had much practice,’ said the Queen. 'When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There

And can safely say I agree with the Queen and insist you haven't tried believing hard enough. The alternative is to not believe or to know instead, but that latter is even more work than believing "as many as six impossible things before breakfast", so many opt for the lazier, 'believing'. The reward for knowing however is that much more immense than for believing, but do not take my word for it..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And Shoes.... by budaatum: 2:19am On Feb 15, 2019
JujuSugar:

You do know you didn't answer the question, right?
LordReed:

I know you said not to answer but I will for my own entertainment. Budaatum refuses to acknowledge personal sex but I like to think its a she, a sexy, long legged, well endowed, lithe female. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: God And Shoes.... by budaatum: 2:23am On Feb 15, 2019
JujuSugar:

I thought we were playing a game, weren't we?
A reasoning game? I'd agree. Consistency must be a rule of our playing though.

If I have heard evidence with my hearing sense I can not rationally claim lack of evidence to my senses. If you can, please explain how.

1 Like

Re: God And Shoes.... by JujuSugar(f): 2:27am On Feb 15, 2019
budaatum:

Didn't I say that our epistemological framework was such that we can't understand God in my OP?.....
Can you show me where I said otherwise?......
Going back to read all your posts and I'm just going to assume you're an agnostic deist......
In that case, good night(or morning?). I have no arguments for you
Re: God And Shoes.... by JujuSugar(f): 2:29am On Feb 15, 2019
budaatum:

A reasoning game? I'd agree. Consistency must be a rule of our playing though.

If I have heard evidence with my hearing sense I can not rationally claim lack of evidence to my senses. If you can, please explain how.
Ok
Budaatum when I said "God told me".......
It was a joke!!!!
Satisfied?
Re: God And Shoes.... by budaatum: 2:33am On Feb 15, 2019
JujuSugar:

Ok
Budaatum when I said "God told me".......
It was a joke!!!!
Satisfied?
Oh my, forgive me! I did warn you that I cannot read between the lines. Sarcasm is between the line writing too and I don't do that neither.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God And Shoes.... by JujuSugar(f): 2:38am On Feb 15, 2019
budaatum:

Oh my, forgive me! I did warn you that I cannot read between the lines. Sarcasm is between the line writing too and I don't do that neither.
Except you do, sir
Re: God And Shoes.... by HappyPagan: 2:42am On Feb 15, 2019
All these smart people giving me headache... una no dey sleep?

1 Like

Re: God And Shoes.... by budaatum: 2:45am On Feb 15, 2019
JujuSugar:

Didn't I say that our epistemological framework was such that we can't understand God in my OP?..... Can you show me where I said otherwise?......
Yes you did! At least you did on clarification, and I paraphrased it as "Essentially, 'we know so much about pencils but nothing about God'", though you seem to be bouncing from "our epistemological framework was sufficient", to "it is insufficient", in other posts.

JujuSugar:
Going back to read all your posts and I'm just going to assume you're an agnostic deist......
If you go back further than a week, you will meet the atheist buda, who does not believe gods do not exist but the one who knew they do not exist except in the minds of those in whom they are created. This buda the new evolved buda is a Jesus is Lord buda because God has created buda a mind. Just so you don't get confused.
Re: God And Shoes.... by budaatum: 2:46am On Feb 15, 2019
HappyPagan:
Happy, this juju is pissing me off!

Does buda do sarcasm?
Re: God And Shoes.... by JujuSugar(f): 2:48am On Feb 15, 2019
HappyPagan:
At all o! Lol grin
Re: God And Shoes.... by HappyPagan: 2:52am On Feb 15, 2019
budaatum:

Happy, this juju is pissing me off!

Does buda do sarcasm?
Well, half the board doesn't find you boring. The other half can't follow what you say, but they think it is interesting.. you do use a lot of words.

all I'm saying is, yeah, you do come off as sarcastic.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God And Shoes.... by JujuSugar(f): 2:55am On Feb 15, 2019
budaatum:

Yes you did! At least you did on clarification, and I paraphrased it as "Essentially, 'we know so much about pencils but nothing about God'", though you seem to be bouncing from "our epistemological framework was sufficient", to "it is insufficient", in other posts.

If you go back further than a week, you will meet the atheist buda, who does not believe gods do not exist but the one who knew they do not exist except in the minds of those in whom they are created. This buda the new evolved buda is a Jesus is Lord buda because God has created buda a mind. Just so you don't get confused.
Ok
Re: God And Shoes.... by JujuSugar(f): 3:00am On Feb 15, 2019
HappyPagan:

Well, half the board doesn't find you boring. The other half can't follow what you say, but they think it is interesting.. you do use a lot of words.

grin
Thank you o grin grin
Its almost dizzying reading his posts.....and at this time.....
No offense, budaatum

1 Like

Re: God And Shoes.... by budaatum: 3:38am On Feb 15, 2019
HappyPagan:

grin
Interesting. The truth is, I do not have any contempt whatsoever for anyone whosoever except for sciencewatch who is way beyond contempt!

As for not following what I say, guilty as charged I suppose, despite all my attempts to be clear. I do find it sinks in when got back to, but not many would bother I guess.

2 Likes

Re: God And Shoes.... by budaatum: 3:41am On Feb 15, 2019
JujuSugar:

Thank you o grin grin
Its almost dizzying reading his posts.....and at this time.....
No offense, budaatum
No offence taken. I've enjoyed discussing with you. Your freedom of expression is refreshing and you tasked my mind, which I respect immensely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God And Shoes.... by JujuSugar(f): 3:44am On Feb 15, 2019
budaatum:

No offence taken. I've enjoyed discussing with you. Your freedom of expression is refreshing and you tasked my mind, which I respect immensely.
The feeling is mutual, sir

1 Like

Re: God And Shoes.... by Hermes019: 7:33am On Feb 15, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval.

Are you musically inclined? What musical instruments do you play if you are? Do you also compose?
You do know how we got to this point right,you said a couple of things and I asked for the source,you confirmed its the bible.
Well I don't have any reasons to believe that the bible is divinely inspired so for these stuff you said,I'm afraid it doesn't make any sense to me except you back it up with proof

Your body is an earth suit, when you snuff it, the spirit returns back to its Owner but your soul goes to rest and a waiting place pending the day of judgment when you will give account for every careless word spoken, you'll have to explain the reason(s) for your every word, thought and deed. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned, on that day.

I'm musically inclined but I don't play any instrument neither do I compose music
Re: God And Shoes.... by LordReed(m): 8:33am On Feb 15, 2019
budaatum:
You dash buda banana, my Lord! More like short, ugly, bow legged, no tits and gross.

I would add pig, or dog, at the end, but then I'd be asking you to believe dogs and pigs talk too along with Juju's shoes, which is an ask.

No matter what you are, you are always beautiful in my book.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God And Shoes.... by MuttleyLaff: 8:56am On Feb 15, 2019
LordReed:
No matter what you are , you are always beautiful in my book.
Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in all Atheism on the Religion forum I can boast of, with such great faith

1 Like

Re: God And Shoes.... by kkins25(m): 11:46am On Feb 15, 2019
budaatum:

Ohh buda dont tell me MuttleyLaff's prayer and fasting has finally led you to the charismatic cross of christ. Tell me muttley, what psalms did you read? Did you sing the songs of solomon, the cries of job, the lamentations? what was the trick, the spell, the magic, that hoaxed buda into walking through the narrow path of Christianity to meet sky daddy. Oh pray tell my friend, what did you do to my dear buda....

Hey jujusugar, Buddha denies sarcasm like a thief denies thievery. Haha...
Re: God And Shoes.... by budaatum: 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2019
kkins25:

Ohh buda dont tell me MuttleyLaff's prayer and fasting has finally led you to the charismatic cross of christ. Tell me muttley, what psalms did you read? Did you sing the songs of solomon, the cries of job, the lamentations? what was the trick, the spell, the magic, that hoaxed buda into walking through the narrow path of Christianity to meet sky daddy. Oh pray tell my friend, what did you do to my dear buda....

Hey jujusugar, Buddha denies sarcasm like a thief denies thievery. Haha...
Muttley? You kidding!? To be honest, Christianity is one step further than I've come though my Bible is one of my books, so I'll embrace that for now. I found it creeping on me awhile, then gbam! Got! I can't be dealing with the "only Christians are saved" bits yet though, as my God doesn't do bigotry like that, nor am I required to believe since that 'knowing' atheist thing is still in me. I guess, in the end, I went up with Moses, Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel as I said I would and the Lord didn't turn me to stone but said, "now you've seen me buda, you know". I could not deny what my senses perceived in true atheist fashion, I guess.
Re: God And Shoes.... by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 02, 2019
JujuSugar:
Pick up a shoe.....
Can you observe it with any OR all of your 5 senses? If you can, you are able to have as much certainty of this fact as anything else in the world. You'll never see two people debating the existence of shoes. That would be an exercise in stupidity.....
In contrast, the existence of a god is much less certain. Many reasonable and intelligent people become atheists and arguments for God's existence always have reasonable counter arguments. "Experiences" of God can be hard to distinguish from mere psychological or sociological effects.....
So the state of humanity is thus: we find ourselves in a world with an epistemological framework such that we are far more likely to know that a pencil exists than that God exists!
Having established all this, here is my question....
Now, if God really does exist and wants a relationship with us -- and if this relationship is the single most important thing to "get right" -- then why would God not give us more epistemic access to his own existence … than that of a shoe??. Doesn't this seem incompatible with the existence of a god who wants to have a relationship with us?
Cc. Budaatum, LordReed

These are all programs that you must master and outgrow towards the next level in the game. Atheism is a step further from theism. Religions are programs, mind control programs. Even Atheism too is a mind control program. There will always be religions and arguments about God or Godlessness.

But those are simply there for growth.

Keep going, dont get stuck in the arguments, cos it slows you down. Keep moving. The argument about existence or inexistence of Deity, is on one side of the coin, meaning there is another side to this coin. The problem is, there are many coins.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Cunnilingus Between Husband And Wife A Sin? / Should Restitution Be Preached? / full Summary Of Crisis Of Conscience By Former WT Gb Member Raymond Franz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.