Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? (1172 Views)

Here Are The Four Most Powerful Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group / The Top 10 Most Powerful Ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 13, 2019
By my observations, I think it's because they control Lagos state which in turn controls Nigeria..

With their huge population, they influence the entire country in art, music, movie, politics, culture, industrial and anything you can think of...

They control the shipping industry which serves as the highest revenue in Nigeria.

As long as Lagos is powerful Yoruba will always be powerful

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by wafersoc: 11:35am On Feb 13, 2019
Igbobyblood:
By my observations, I think it's because they control Lagos state which in turn controls Nigeria..

With their huge population, they influence the entire country in art, music, movie, politics, culture, industrial and anything you can think of...

They control the shipping industry which serves as the highest revenue in Nigeria.

Yoruba man!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by helinues: 11:36am On Feb 13, 2019
embarassed embarassed

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 13, 2019
wafersoc:

Yoruba man!!!
no I'm not Yoruba
Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 13, 2019
Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by helinues: 11:41am On Feb 13, 2019

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Basic123: 11:44am On Feb 13, 2019
Your Igbo brother will not agree with you.Although they know deep down that you are speaking the truth!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Gabriel004: 11:54am On Feb 13, 2019
Your people will not accept this bitter truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by goodnessme1(f): 12:09pm On Feb 13, 2019
Powerful people that cant stand on their own..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 13, 2019
goodnessme1:

Silly and baseless argument if you know the character, depth and achievements of the Yoruba man. We roll with any arrangements that best keeps the peace and delivers an environment within which every Nigerian can thrive and make progress.

Never interpret that to mean we cannot stand on our own. Like OP surmised, whose lifestyle is better than ours in Nigeria for us to think we will miss anything from others?

Life is sweetest in the SW by far and even you haters know this deep down. We pragmatically persevere with what obtains because we are visionary and understand how much worse it could be if we act impulsively and because of intolerance of others like some Nigerian ethnic group do regularly. If Naija split, you will all be queuing for visa to get into the SW and not the other way round. Don't get it twisted.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by gidgiddy: 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2019
Igbobyblood:

I do not believe that Yorubas are powerful ethnic group. I also don't believe they actually control Lagos.

Most Igbos don't think highly of Yorubas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by naijapips04: 12:32pm On Feb 13, 2019
grin powerful people controlled and enslaved by an expired drug lord.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by oilPUSSY(f): 12:37pm On Feb 13, 2019
Which population ?
People that are determined to mine themselves into extinction.
Stop mixing non indigines in no mans land with Yoruba population because the statistics about their real population is there for people to see. Thank God for media

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
gidgiddy:

I do not believe that Yorubas are powerful ethnic group. I also don't believe they actually control Lagos.

Who care what Igbos think of us? By now we know they hate Yorubas and will never be objective about us due to their sense of loss and inferiority complex.

The modern Yorubas have no time for you because we are well-informed and know we are the real deal. We also now know you lot are cowards and chest-beating empty barrels.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by kayfra: 12:40pm On Feb 13, 2019
gidgiddy:

Not surprised. Igbos are jealous petty traders. A few of them grow their businesses and smuggle drugs. But the captains and titans of industries are omoluabis

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by kayfra: 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
We also influence the common Nigerian language like no other group. Not even close

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2019
naijapips04:
grin powerful people controlled and enslaved by an expired drug lord.

Mumu, when will you lot stop the pettiness and refrain from acting like bitter kids all the time only for Yorubas to bitch-slap you with facts? Is it not pathetic to make everything about Tinubu when the SW has by far, the richest and most influential men and women in Nigeria in all spheres of life?

Inspect a list of top 10 richest Nigerians and note how many Yorubas are on it. Top 10 music superstar in Africa and how many Yorubas will be on the list? Top art gallery and cultur promotion business in Nigeria/Africa we will see Aunty Nike there.

Fashion nko, Press and journalism? Restaurant and dining? Events planning? The most swaggalicious Parties allied with the most charismatic culture in the entire Nigeria? You don go fuji Party with the drumming, dancing, dressing etc? Una get anything close to that? Shall I go on?

One day it will dawn on you to face your business and leave Tinubu alone as he is an enabler hence the men/women of the SW keeps achieving under his political guidance. Go and moan about Kwara where Saraki has turned them into peasant or Adamawa that Atiku could do nothing for.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by naijapips04: 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2019
Oshigun:

Mumu, when will you lot stop the pettiness and refrain from acting like bitter kids all the time only for Yorubas to bitch-slap you with facts? Is it not pathetic to make everything about Tinubu when the SW has by far, the richest and most influential men and women in Nigeria in all spheres of life?

Inspect a list of top 10 richest Nigerians and note how many Yorubas are on it. Top 10 music superstar in Africa and how many Yorubas will be on the list? Top art gallery and business in Nigeria and Africa we will see Aunty Nike there. Fashion nko, Press and journalism? Restaurant and dining? Events planning? The most swaggalicious Parties allied with the most charismatic culture in the entire Nigeria? Shall I go on? One day it will dawn on you that Tinubu is an enabler hence the men/women of the SW keeps achieving under his political guidance.

enabler oshi. Sophisticated slaves. for every one yoruba rich man/woman you will find 10 igbo richer men/women, in every sphere.
Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by wafersoc: 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2019
Igbobyblood:
no I'm not Yoruba

you are a yoruba person, going thru your profile says it all.

Making use of terms like "my igbo brother" You no wise at all.. grin

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 13, 2019
naijapips04:

enabler oshi. Sophisticated slaves. for every one yoruba rich man/woman you will find 10 igbo richer men/women, in every sphere.

The empty braggart and chest-beaters have begun with noise and lies they cannot back up. Please, that myth has been busted. Fan Yogo, hawking, petty trading, making fake products to sell and 2x2 shops is not wealth or particularly impressive and Nigerians know that now about you lot.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 13, 2019
kayfra:

Not surprised. Igbos are jealous petty traders. A few of them grow their businesses and smuggle drugs. But the captains and titans of industries are omoluabis

Indeed....and by far too.
Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2019
Of course you are powerful because you posses special skillset on how to mine human skulls.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Viergeachar: 1:45pm On Feb 13, 2019
oilPUSSY:
Which population ?
Stop mixing non indigines in no mans land with Yoruba population because the statistics about their real population is there for people to see. Thank God for media

Where is the 'statistic'
Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Gabriel004: 2:25pm On Feb 13, 2019
goodnessme1:
Opinion of stupid pained igbo pig. Igbos most foolish tribe in the world.. Says by igbo son uwazuruike.
Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Gabriel004: 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2019
naijapips04:

Yeah, we see the 20 rich igbo men or women inside traffic.
Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Gabriel004: 2:30pm On Feb 13, 2019
oilPUSSY:
Which population ?
You mean like okija shrine not Asian extinction of igbos cheesy
Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by sogodihno: 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2019
gidgiddy:

Lolz, who care what igbos think? Like they matter! Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Basic123: 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2019
sogodihno:

Lolz, who care what igbos think? Like they matter! Nonsense

you mean those people their country and themselves were bought as slaves by one hausa fulani muslim called Atiku from nnamdi kanu? grin

That ones are confused set of jokers grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Yoruba Such A Powerful Ethnic Group In Africa? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 13, 2019
Basic123:

you mean those people their country and themselves were bought as slaves by one hausa fulani muslim called Atiku from nnamdi kanu? grin

That ones are confused set of jokers grin

Yes the very same one. Lets not forget how a washed-up lunatic Albino who could not hack it in the UK used the whole region to drink Garri and swell his pocket massively. Today they are cursing him yet you wonder why they could not see through him when many of us declared him a fraudster from day one. One can only conclude Kanu's message of hate, especially against the Yorubas, resonated with them so much they all donated their brain to charity to be following him around with empty skulls. Now they realise they have been conned and are insulting Kanu instead of dealing with the core reason of why they wanted to follow him blindly when his many flaws, hypocrisy and inconsistent ideology was visible to the entire world. They are doing precisely same with Atiku. They say madness is doing the same thing over and over again to expect a different outcome. Mumuism.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Hoodlums Set INEC Buses Ablaze In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / FGN Freezes Over 300,000 Bank Accounts Of PDP Members / PMB @ His Farm In His Hometown, Daura, Katsina State. PICS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.