Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. (27377 Views)

Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by seunmsg(m): 12:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
The Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) has issued a bench warrant for the arrest of Walter Onnoghen, the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN).

The arrest warrant was issued on a motion filed by the prosecution counsel, after Onnoghen failed to show up in court on Wednesday.

Onnoghen is standing trial before the CCT over allegations of fraudulent declaration of assets.

The CCT has also ruled that Onnoghen be arraigned for trial on Friday.

A directive was also issued to the Department of State Services (DSS) to effect the arrest of the suspended CJN.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/13/breaking-cct-orders-dss-arrest-onnoghen

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by shosky1794: 12:36pm On Feb 13, 2019
seunmsg:
The Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) has issued a bench warrant for the arrest of Walter Onnoghen, the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN).

The arrest warrant was issued on a motion filed by the prosecution counsel, after Onnoghen failed to show up in court on Wednesday.

Onnoghen is standing trial before the CCT over allegations of fraudulent declaration of assets.

A directive was also issued to the Department of State Services (DSS) to effect the arrest of the suspended CJN.

Add the source from the punch newspaper website

2 Likes

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 13, 2019
I'm concerned that a CJN wants to be above the law. I mean, if you're served to appear before a court of law, the right thing to do is to appear and prove your innocence or otherwise. Senate President, FFK etc did show up in their case. What exactly is this Walter afraid of. Chief Justice fa undecided

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by shosky1794: 12:39pm On Feb 13, 2019
For that guy saying they can't arrest him without warrant, now you have it. I'm sure some will still say he can't be arrested until the man lands in Kuje

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by seunmsg(m): 12:39pm On Feb 13, 2019
Where is Pachukwudi44 when you need him?
Your hero will be bundled in handcuffs like a common criminal before the CCT on Friday. I told you last week it will come to this and you disagreed. It has finally happened. Onnoghen will be arrested and disgraced publicly. So much for being a crooked judge.

105 Likes 11 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by LieDetector(m): 12:40pm On Feb 13, 2019
Simple analogy for those that will be voting.

Buhari is Morata
Atiku is higuain.

Both are strikers but one is grossly incompetent and the other knows his onions. Higuain isn't that world class striker you might want in your team but that doesn't take away the fact he trumps morata heads and shoulders. Where morata flawed, higuain has excelled with exquisite finesse.

My fellow Nigerians. Shall we still stick with morata whilst hoping for Icardi? Get higuain in. He'd do a much more better job than morata.

Thank you

Atiku should not be competing with buhari
Like for bobrisky, share for buhari

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:42pm On Feb 13, 2019
seunmsg:
Where is Pachukwudi44 when you need him?

I have been waiting for you to update your thread on the latest lawn tennis court judgement on the Rivers APC crisis.You seem to have abandoned your thread

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by seunmsg(m): 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

I have been waiting for you to update your thread on the latest lawn tennis court judgement on the Rivers APC crisis.You seem to have abandoned your thread

Still waiting for details. You want to respond to the warrant of arrest issued against Onnoghen?

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by midolian(m): 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2019
grin grin grin grin

I cant wait to see that umbrella nose in the dock

10 Likes

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2019
seunmsg:

Still waiting for details. You want to respond to the warrant of arrest issued against Onnoghen?

why did you create a thread when you don't have details? The same way you are rushing into conclusion on the Onnoggen's case
You want my response? Justice Onnoggen will remain CJN to swear in President Atiku on May 29

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by Babacele: 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

how market for Onnoghen? You have forgotten that even if we loose for law court, the lawn tennis court of politics dey our hand ,and we can decide to support Lulu Briggs or a goat as long as Wike won't come back.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by Rilwayne001: 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
Interesting. Dubai plan has been wrecked.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by usayab(m): 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
Atleast justice in Nigeria now is not limited to fowl stealing only.

13 Likes

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:49pm On Feb 13, 2019
Babacele:
how market for Onnoghen? You have forgotten that even if we loose for law court, the lawn tennis court of politics dey our hand ,and we can decide to support Lulu Briggs or a goat as long as Wike won't come back.

lol even Tony cole or whatever his name was knew he had no chance against Wike even if his unqualified asss was allowed to contest.You should be bothered about how Buhari will pack his loads to Daura after saturday

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by Stalwert: 12:49pm On Feb 13, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

[s]
why did you create a thread when you don't have details? The same way you are rushing into conclusion on the Onnoggen's case
You want my response? Justice Onnoggen will remain CJN to swear in President Atiku on May 29

[/s]

Chio when will shame reach you? grin grin

Let's assume the thief you banking on wins how does it absolve corrupt that crook from the crimes he is accused of? How does it stop him from being arraigned like a common crook?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by SaiATKUOBI2019: 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2019
Nobody can tell me Atiku/Obi ticket is not the best among the contenders in this saturday elections
The economic team is brillant and Top notch, You cant just not admit these guys knows what they have come to do
Infact We will do our children the greatest disservice if we dont elect these team this Saturday

19 Likes

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by omogidi234(m): 12:52pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hmnn! DSS!
Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by midolian(m): 12:53pm On Feb 13, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

You have a problem. It is only cane that can solve it. Kpankere to be precise

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by Babacele: 12:53pm On Feb 13, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

lol even Tony cole or whatever his name was knew he had no chance against Wike even if his unqualified asss was allowed to contest.You should be bothered about how Buhari will pack his loads to Daura after saturday
if it were so, why is Wike conniving with Abe; bribing judges and training thugs? But I have a message for you and Wike: the fraud of 2015 where GEJ rigged for Wike won't ever happen again no matter the costs.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:56pm On Feb 13, 2019
Babacele:
if it were so, why is Wike conniving with Abe; bribing judges and training thugs? But I have a message for you and Wike: the fraud of 2015 where GEJ rigged for Wike won't ever happen again no matter the costs.

grin grin grin No need arguing with a party agent whose party is not on the ballot.See you in 2023 grin grin

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by seunmsg(m): 12:56pm On Feb 13, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

grin grin grin

Stop clowning. Atiku is going back to Yola after losing next Saturday.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by TB27: 12:58pm On Feb 13, 2019
Only if you guys knew the story behind the scenes.

All the man has asked for is wait for the NJC, as that’s due process. Nothing more, if found wanting by the NJC by all means file your charges at the CCT or any other court, so be it. No worries there.

You issued a petition, allow him respond, he’s determined that his responses to both petitions be filed and kept for record purposes and not respond after resigning, as no one would take you or your response serious.

Both petitions are a replica & the only difference is the Joe Agi angle from the EFCC petition which they are saying they think the money paid in 2009 was suspected bribe but failed to attach any evidence showing that the said money is proceed from crime. Your thoughts aren’t evidences hence hounding him to resign as they know all they have wouldn’t hold up in any court.

Was thinking they would come up with something so damaging that the man would have no choice but alas, same crap. All they aim to do is intimidate , embarrass him to giving up.

You asking him to resign or you arrest him, he refused!

They came to him twice yesterday, he’s since packed his bags!

That was the threat, so it was expected.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by thunder74(m): 1:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
It is now a full blown dictatorship.

5 Likes

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by GarriKoro(m): 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2019
What? Do you want pachukwudi44 to commit suicide? grin

3 Likes

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by Dottore: 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2019
Ok
Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by ejimatic: 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2019
seunmsg:

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/13/breaking-cct-orders-dss-arrest-onnoghen
Onnoghen is just embarrassing himself more.

4 Likes

Re: CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. by helinues: 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akeredolu Purchases N1.2 Billion Cars For Ondo Lawmakers, PDP Blasts Him / How High-wire Politics Scuttled El-rufai’s Cabinet Confirmation / Tinubu's Camp Threatens Ambode: Stand Down Or Face Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.