Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa (27559 Views)

Teenager Buries Her Newborn Baby Alive In Uyo (Picture) / Jigawa Woman Conspires With Lover To Bury Their Newborn Baby Alive Inside Toilet / Woman Buries Her Baby Alive In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by dre11(m): 12:52pm On Feb 13, 2019
By Aliyu M. Hamagam, Dutse

Ashiru Abubakar, 20 of Janbiri village in Birnin-Kudu local government, Jigawa state found himself entangled in the web of Islamic Jurisprudence, which forbids one from re-marry his former wife once divorced thrice, unless she remarries elsewhere.

Abubakar divorced his wife Husaina Yusuf, 20 thrice but his love to her remained fresh in his memory. Instead of resigning to his fate he decided to engage his former wife into illicit sexual intercourse which resulted into an unwanted pregnancy.

He therefore, attempted to reject the pregnancy but when his former wife stood her ground until he later accepted it.

Abubakar’s woes seem far from ending, despite owning up to the pregnancy as his former wife, who hails from Tosowa village also in Birnin Kudu local government, insisted for the termination of the three months old pregnancy, telling him that she won’t be able to stand the stigma attached to bearing of an illegitimate child in her locality.

For the fact that he only lives on a small income he generates from his commercial motorcycle business, Abubakar told her that he was not in a position to raise N30, 000 to N50, 000 for the abortion procedure, he advised his ex-wife to keep the pregnancy since the two kids they had while together had both died.

In order to press home her demand, Hussaina threatened to kill the baby at birth but Abubakar, was able to persuade her to drop the idea after agreeing to visit one of the private hospital in Kachako in neighbouring Kano state for the abortion procedure.

But she was later advised at the hospital not to terminate the pregnancy as there are possibility for her to experience a permanent damage to her uterus in which she would not be able to bear children again.

Despite warning by the medical experts and all entreaties against aborting the pregnancy, Hussaina went ahead with her plan of terminating the pregnancy that was already in its fifth to sixth months.

An agent for Travelling and Tour Company in Kano, who was processing a document on her behalf as she was planning to travel to Saudi Arabia in search for menial job, offered to help her get the pregnancy aborted.

Finally, Hussaina was convinced to spare the pregnancy.

After returning to her village, Husaina asked her younger brother to go to her former husband to collect the sum of N50,000 being the expenses she incurred while in Kano, which he could not give because he did not have as he claimed.

Failure to respond to her request, her younger brother seized his motorcycle for six days and that forced him to sell his only phone and gave the money to her in order to have his motorcycle back.

Penultimate Friday, Husaina’s younger brother went to Abubakar and told him that his former wife had given birth to a baby girl at around noon and that by the following day they are bringing the child to him.

Since, he did not remarry after his separation with his former wife, Abubakar was thrown into confusion, not knowing what to do if the child was brought to him the following morning as threatened by his former wife’s younger brother.

In order to save himself from the looming embarrassment, Abubakar thought of a plan for a solution which unfortunately landed him in bigger trouble.

On the fateful day, Abubakar, dashed to the village of his former wife, sneaked into her room and stole the baby but in his wisdom he decided to bury the day-old baby alive with a view to laying the impending troubles to rest.

Speaking to Chronicle at Jigawa state police command, Abubakar said he allowed the saga to go out of hand because he was doubting the authenticity of his former wife’s claim of him being the father of the child, noting that though, he admitted, he did not take any action to justify his stand over the out of wedlock pregnancy.

He argued that by law he knew no woman is allowed to travel to Saudia Arabia while pregnant but his former wife claimed to have travelled the holly land while carrying his pregnancy.

He suspected that his former wife might have got the pregnancy while Saudi Arabia, claiming that he is not responsible for the pregnancy.

On why he did not seek for legal redress, Abubakar said at a point he thought of carrying the mother and the baby to a hospital for a test that would reveal whether or not he is the father of the baby.

On why he had to buried his own child alive, Abubakar, said “The mother said after giving birth, she will sit on the child until the baby dies but I pleaded with her that instead, let us look for someday that will nurse the baby.

But it seems, all that I suggested went into a deaf ear. I, therefore, decided to steal the baby in order to save her the eminent danger. I buried the baby with the intention to remove her the following day in order to look for where she would be nursed.

I did not burry the baby with an intent to kill her.

Confirming, the arrest of the suspect, the Spokesperson of Jigawa state police Command, SP Abdu Jinjiri, said the suspect was arrested after that mother discovered that the following morning her baby was missing saying, the mother raised alarm which led the police to swing into action.

He explained that after an investigation, the police arrested the former husband who was alleged to be the father of the controversial baby.

“Ashiru Abubakar, led the police to the shallow grave in the nearby bush in Janbiri village where he buried the baby alive. Fortunately, the police exhumed the baby alive.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-father-buries-own-day-old-baby-alive-in-jigawa.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by Imortal001: 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2019
Tufiakwa.. the man is a monster!

10 Likes

Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by spinna: 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2019
The most important info on the last line

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2019
I just hope the child is adopted by wealthy folks. There's something great in that kid that needs to be harnessed.

25 Likes

Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by Originality007: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
shocked shocked
Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by godwinstringed1(m): 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
angry

cry

Breaking Info

The popular Ideaflavour business and finance blog has now again this year unveiled the chance for aspiring politicians who target thousands of entrepreneurs, business holders and money-makers' votes.

Contact the administrators of IdeaFlavour business blog through https:www.ideaflavour.com/contact/ or call or Whatsapp up from the number therein.

Regards!
Admin.
Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by JessetariahMD(m): 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
Okay

Nothing we no go hear
Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by superior1: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
What wickedness
Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by olusho16: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
ok
Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by itiswellandwell: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hmm
Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by enemyofprogress: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2019
Why did he did it now?
Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by ZombiePUNISHER: 4:01pm On Feb 13, 2019
Islam again
Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by ReeLoaDead(m): 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2019
"...I buried the baby with the intention to remove her the following day in order to look for where she would be nursed.." ....
What a goat! He too then should be buried alive for a few days to help reset his brain!

15 Likes

Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by Dandsome: 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2019
But Maka why?

1 Like

Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by Starboytwo(m): 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hello nairalander, my brother left home this morning, he is a producer and wanted to fix his laptop... He went with his friend and 2 hours ago I got a call that police got them and are calling me asking "how far?....

My brother is a producer and was held because he was carrying a laptop and his iPhone..... They are currently at ikeja under bridge waiting for me to come settle them..... I have spoken to them on phone and they are trying to intimidate me which I'm not shaken in the least.... I have told my brother to follow them to their station, and I've repeatedly asked for their station which they have refused to tell me....

PLEASE HELP ME ON THE NEXT APPROCH TO TAKE...
Modified

I have just got another call and they are still asking where I am, I'm in computer village at the moment, I initially came for a transaction and that's why they are waiting at the bridge to give them 20k...

Cc lalasticlala
Cc mynd44

https://www.nairaland.com/5021077/police-just-got-bro-nd#75695406

What step do I take to get my bro out...
This is their address I could get from my bro
Aran shodipo gra ikeja police station

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by ajepako(f): 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2019
In early 20s and already married, divorced and buried a child.

Probably with no education or decent job

Imagine such a man at 50?

No wonder poverty and illiteracy reign supreme in some regions

13 Likes

Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by Kinzeyfranks(m): 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2019
You see what apc has caused? This is y u need to vote atiku. confused BMCs everywhere.
Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by ajepako(f): 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2019
enemyofprogress:
Why did he did it now?

Why won't he 'done' it?

Go school, you no gree.

Werey Oshogbo tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by enemyofprogress: 4:05pm On Feb 13, 2019
Imortal001:
Tufiakwa.. the man is a monster!
were you surprised?he is a Muslim now

5 Likes

Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by enemyofprogress: 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2019
ajepako:

Why won't he 'done' it?

Go school, you no gree.

Werey Oshogbo tongue tongue tongue
come make I do you Valentine's day for my house make your eyes clear

1 Like

Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by ifyain: 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2019
You just made read the whole story because I was not expecting a happy ending.

1 Like

Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by chikasin4(m): 4:08pm On Feb 13, 2019
God is wounderful
Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by Smile4daddy(m): 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2019
Starboytwo:
Hello nairalander, my brother left home this morning, he is a producer and wanted to fix his laptop... He went with his friend and 2 hours ago I got a call that police got them and are calling me asking "how far?....

My brother is a producer and was held because he was carrying a laptop and his iPhone..... They are currently at ikeja under bridge waiting for me to come settle them..... I have spoken to them on phone and they are trying to intimidate me which I'm not shaken in the least.... I have told my brother to follow them to their station, and I've repeatedly asked for their station which they have refused to tell me....

PLEASE HELP ME ON THE NEXT APPROCH TO TAKE...
Modified

I have just got another call and they are still asking where I am, I'm in computer village at the moment, I initially came for a transaction and that's why they are waiting at the bridge to give them 20k...

Cc lalasticlala
Cc mynd44

https://www.nairaland.com/5021077/police-just-got-bro-nd#75695406

What step do I take to get my bro out...
Get a Barrister aka Human rights activist to go with you.

1 Like

Re: Father Buries His Own Day Old Baby Alive In Jigawa by rOsy247(f): 4:11pm On Feb 13, 2019
Great child. He refused death or will I say God preserved him rather

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teenager Kills Landlady, Daughter, Grandchildren, Reports To Police / Mastermind Of Orekoya Kids Kidnapped By Nanny, Arrested 3 Years Later / Invictus Obi: Court Orders Interim Forfeiture Of Obinwanne's Abuja Houses, Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.