Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,325 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:31 PM

I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret (15479 Views)

Judge Sends Inibehe Effiong To Prison For Defending Leo Ekpenyong / Those Who Voted Buhari Again Are Common Nigerians – Balarabe / Oshiomhole: How 'APC Guys' Collected Atiku’s Dollars But Voted Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by sharpden: 9:17am On Feb 14, 2019
Inibehe Effiong, a Human Rights Activist, has said he made a mistake voting for President Muhammadu Buhari during the 2015 general election.

Mr Effiong, a legal practitioner, was among the arrowheads that kicked against the administration of former president, Goodluck Jonathan, on social media.

POLITICS TIMES recalls that during the reign of Mr Jonathan, a day hardly pass without the lawyer blasting the then administration.

Effiong who wrote hundreds of article criticizing the ousted administration pitched his tent with Buhari during the latter’s days in the then opposing camp of the All Progressive Congress (APC).

At the time, the Akwa Ibomite also lashed out at Godswill Akpabio, his state governor during that time. He led several protests in the state against the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) led administration.

When Buhari won the 2015 election, Many Nigerians including Effiong were hopeful of better days ahead.

Many who voted for the president including his right hand man, Buba Galadima, has since withdrawn their support as the nation goes to elect it leaders on Saturday.

Apologising to those he must have misled in supporting the president, Effiong said he was scammed though his action then was as a result of patriotism.

“I made a mistake supporting Buhari in 2015 and I deeply regret it,” the lawyer said in a tweet on Thursday.

“I was scammed.

“I thought his emergence was going to usher in a revolutionary leadership.

“I never knew that Buhari was going to entrench nepotism, divisiveness, incompetence & selective “anti-corruption” fight.

“My support was not out of loyalty to Buhari, it was a patriotic decision. It was for the good of the country.

“This is not the change that I supported actively.

“To those that I convinced to vote for Buhari or those who voted or supported him because of me, I am truly sorry,” he said.

The legal practitioner is now supporting Omoyele Sowore, the presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC).

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/i-was-scammed-lawyer-who-voted-buhari-in-2015-says-in-regret/

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by id911(m): 9:19am On Feb 14, 2019
Don't worry bro... Mistakes are a fact of life, it is the response to error that count. Just make sure you correct the mistake by Atikulating on Saturday. You won't regret it when you Atikulate

138 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by sharpden: 9:23am On Feb 14, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by magoo10(m): 9:27am On Feb 14, 2019
Those who voted change in 2015 have not been given their change till date.
Buhari never again

127 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by dukie25: 9:29am On Feb 14, 2019
A lot of Nigerians were scammed but not to worry, you have a chance to correct it on Saturday.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by Kelklein(m): 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2019
I wish the wounded quick recovery..

..but you can see clearly that even the gods are angry with APC..

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by ct2: 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
“ You can remember in 2015, I was telling the Igbo, to cast their votes for Buhari because he would win with or without the votes of the Igbo.
“I was called all sorts of derogatory names. Some said I was going to Islamise the whole Igbo. Is Igbo land Islamised today?
“Igbo, today, are playing politics with the mindset of traders, thinking only of the immediate benefits, unlike other tribes that are playing real politics.
“My people, listen to me and listen real good, whatever I tell you to do, do it as it will profit us. I’m telling you, today, that Buhari will win.
“On Saturday, if the Igbo support Buhari and he wins, in 2023, Igbo will have the right to demand Igbo presidency. Those who love Igbo nation must vote for President Buhari, because if we miss this chance, we may not get the presidency even by 2023, 2027 or 2031. The time is right for the Igbo nation to play the right politics, so as to have a clear chance by 2023. okorocha

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by Jh0wsef(m): 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
Buhari is the only scammer EFCC cannot arrest grin

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by ct2: 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
“ You can remember in 2015, I was telling the Igbo, to cast their votes for Buhari because he would win with or without the votes of the Igbo.
“I was called all sorts of derogatory names. Some said I was going to Islamise the whole Igbo. Is Igbo land Islamised today?
“Igbo, today, are playing politics with the mindset of traders, thinking only of the immediate benefits, unlike other tribes that are playing real politics.
“My people, listen to me and listen real good, whatever I tell you to do, do it as it will profit us. I’m telling you, today, that Buhari will win.
“On Saturday, if the Igbo support Buhari and he wins, in 2023, Igbo will have the right to demand Igbo presidency. Those who love Igbo nation must vote for President Buhari, because if we miss this chance, we may not get the presidency even by 2023, 2027 or 2031. The time is right for the Igbo nation to play the right politics, so as to have a clear chance by 2023. okorocha

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by Platony(m): 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
Even my 4yr old son knows DULLARDINA is a major scam!!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by Caseless: 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
angry
Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by tstx(m): 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
Talk

See my signature, Pay after delivery
Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by IloveToMess: 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
Please my people it is the last days for APC and just like the devil they will kick they will bite they will manufacture documents, doctor tapes ,videos and so on just to get our sympathy, but do not be dismayed, the killings in Benue will and must cease after February 16, we shall remove the same man who his own wife told us is no longer in charge of his Government, a man who's wife revealed to us that only two men hijacked his Government, and urged the youths to rise up in a revolution, that man is who we are sending back to Daura to rest in peace.

A vote for Atiku is a show of strength in our power to defeat evil, to kick out incompetence anytime we want, and to prove to them that the actual power belongs to us.

God bless Waziri Atiku Abubakar on his victory
God bless our 'China' man Okwute Peter Obi.
God bless the PDP
God bless Nigeria...

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by NaijaRoyalty(m): 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
You're not alone on these Mr Lawyer

But we won't be scammed again by buhari this saurday

7 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by kenodrill: 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
Don't worry I huge regret awaits you.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by mbaboy(m): 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
He scammed many in 2015 but our eyes are open now, never again back to Daura is a Clarion call

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by Firefire(m): 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
You have been redeemed.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by jamalnation(m): 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
no be only you i travelled over 10hrs just to vote for him in 2015 i no go do dat kind mumu again

5 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by tstx(m): 1:09pm On Feb 14, 2019
Talk

See my signature
Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by ArmaniUhuru: 1:09pm On Feb 14, 2019
We were all scammed sir.

It will never happen again.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by Slynation(m): 1:09pm On Feb 14, 2019
Yea... Buhari is a scammer
Nothing absolutely achieved.....
The Country is in total mess...!!
A mess that requires total cleansing comes 16th of February

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by Chukwurah003: 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2019
If you really think Buhari is a scam then let Atiku enter and witness the mother of all scams.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by chozzy: 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2019
id911:
Don't worry bro... Just make sure you correct the mistake by Atikulating on Saturday. You won't regret it when you Atikulate
Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by sotall(m): 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by doctokwus: 1:11pm On Feb 14, 2019
D only way to make amends is to do everything possible to ensure Buhari never returns to power,by all and any means possible.

7 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed – Inibehe Effiong Who Voted Buhari In 2015 Says In Regret by ItzBIM(m): 1:11pm On Feb 14, 2019
Sowore 2019

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MURIC: Tinubu Is Best Muslim Presidential Candidate In 2023, Others Will Lose / Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe / 2023: Don’t Vote Sleeping President, NNPP Tells Electorate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.