Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit (3480 Views)

The Sleep Paralysis I Had: Could This Be A Spirit Wife? / Pastor Adeboye At 76, Human or a spirit? - Sunnewsonline / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Hermes019: 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2019
I have heard this a couple of times,you are asked to imagine how it feels when a fire burns your skin,and then you are told that it would feel the same way or even worse to be cast into the lake of fire(hell). I have a problem with this illustration. When we are burned by fire or any hot object we feel hurt because we have a nervous system,if we didn't have a nervous system or if our nervous systems were not functioning we can't feel pain,even if your whole body is completely burnt u wouldn't feel any pain.Of course this is something we can relate to when you are given an anaesthetic maybe during surgery and that body region becomes numb no matter the manner of injury you inflict to that portion the person wouldn't feel any pain. Suffice to say it is not the fire that is really responsible for the pain,what causes u to feel pain is the reaction of your body(the pain receptors,brain and motor receptors) to the stimulus(the fire).
So having established this,we can say that no nervous system,no pain

So this brings us to my question

Does the spirit (if it actually exists as claimed)possess a nervous system or a replica of some sort ?
If it doesn't then how exactly will a spirit feel pain ?

Cc Ihedinobi3,originalkalokalo,Mutteylaff,rekinomtla,
budaatum,
Johnydon22,CAPSLOCKED,XxSabrinaxX,
Frank317,Seun

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by budaatum: 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hermes019:
I have heard this a couple of times,you are asked to imagine how it feels when a fire burns your skin,and then you are told that it would feel the same way or even worse to be cast into the lake of fire(hell). I have a problem with this illustration. When we are burned by fire or any hot object we feel hurt because we have a nervous system,if we didn't have a nervous system or if our nervous systems were not functioning we can't feel pain,even if your whole body is completely burnt u wouldn't feel any pain.Of course this is something we can relate to when you are giving an anaesthetic maybe during surgery and that body region becomes numb no matter the manner of injury you inflict to that portion of the person wouldn't feel any pain. Suffice to say it is not the fire that is really responsible for the pain,what causes u to feel pain is the reaction of your body(the pain receptors,brain and motor receptors) to the stimulus(the fire).

Does the spirit (if it actually exists as claimed)possess a nervous system or a replica of some sort ?

Cc Ihedinobi3,originalkalokalo,Mutteylaff,rekinomtla,
budaatum,
Johnydon22,CAPSLOCKED,XxSabrinaxX,
Frank317,Seun
What, exactly, is this spirit, that you "heard a couple of times", feels pain?
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Hermes019: 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2019
budaatum:

What, exactly, is this spirit, that you "heard a couple of times", feels pain?
Well that is what religionists say,its not my position
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by CodeTemplar: 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2019
It is an analogy and even you in your post said

and then you are told that it would feel the same way

The spirit realm formed the physical and made the physical to have attributes of the spirit realm for illustration purpose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Hermes019: 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2019
CodeTemplar:

The spirit realm formed the physical and made the physical to have attributes of the spirit realm for illustration purpose.
I don't think the analogy fits,besides that is not my question
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by budaatum: 6:55pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hermes019:

Well that is what religionists say,its not my position
You still must have an idea of what they mean by spirit to ask if it feels pain! What is this spirit that feels pain?
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Hermes019: 6:56pm On Feb 14, 2019
CodeTemplar:

you should give it a shot
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Hermes019: 6:58pm On Feb 14, 2019
budaatum:

You still must have an idea of what they mean by spirit to ask if it feels pain! What is this spirit that feels pain?
Well this is the understanding I have and I'm being honest
They say a human being is made up of spirit,soul and body
The body is the one we "wear", I'm not entirely sure what the soul means but they say it is the essence of the being,the spirit is the one that goes to the maker after death
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by CodeTemplar: 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hermes019:

I already answered ur question.
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hell fire is just a baseless theory formed by the early Roman Catholic Church, in order to ensure the loyalty of the believers to the church.

More like "disobey the church, and burn forever in hell"

5 Likes

Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Hermes019: 7:35pm On Feb 14, 2019
CodeTemplar:
I already answered ur question.
This
CodeTemplar:

Wow,what a comprehensive answer you gave there

Far from impressive

I asked two questions,you answered none
Does a spirit possess a nervous system ?
If it doesn't then how does it feel pain ?

Did your answer address any of the above
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by CodeTemplar: 7:52pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hermes019:
This
Wow,what a comprehensive answer you gave there

Far from impressive

I asked two questions,you answered none
Does a spirit possess a nervous system ?
If it doesn't then how does it feel pain ?

Did your answer address any of the above
Did the bible tell you spirits have nervous system? does you emotion rely on nervous system? Stop pretending as if my post didn't answer your question. Are spirits flesh that they will have a nervous system?

Think.
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by sKeetz(m): 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2019
Watch them try to make up stories and twist simple logic. grin
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Hermes019: 7:59pm On Feb 14, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Did the bible tell you spirits have nervous system? does you emotion rely on nervous system? Stop pretending as if my post didn't answer your question. Are spirits flesh that they will have a nervous system?

Think.

That is what I am saying
If spirits do not have nervous systems,then how do they feel pain,can something without a nervous coordination even feel anything at the first place
CodeTemplar:
Did the bible tell you spirits have nervous system? does you emotion rely on nervous system ? Stop pretending as if my post didn't answer your question. Are spirits flesh that they will have a nervous system?

Think.

No it depends on the skeletal system
So the dopamine and the rest that is released when a person is sad where do you think it comes from ?
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by johnydon22(m): 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
Spirit fire. Duuuh undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by CodeTemplar: 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hermes019:

That is what I am saying
If spirits do not have nervous systems,then how do they feel pain,can something without a nervous coordination even feel anything at the first place

No it depends on the skeletal system
So the dopamine and the rest that is released when a person is sad where do you think it comes from ?
Same way flesh feel emotion without any trace in the flesh.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by budaatum: 8:22pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hermes019:

Well this is the understanding I have and I'm being honest
They say a human being is made up of spirit,soul and body
The body is the one we "wear", I'm not entirely sure what the soul means but they say it is the essence of the being,the spirit is the one that goes to the maker after death
Well, I don't know much about the death bit since I haven't died yet, but in the living human being in which their is a "spirit, soul and body", as you say, I know which bit hurts when I bang a hammer on my thumb and it's not the same bit that hurts when I fail an exam or do something that makes buda burn in hell. You'd have to sin like buda has to fully understand. But now that I am living, I assure you I was dead and my spirit was burning, though, in my dead state, I did not have a clue.
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Hermes019: 8:26pm On Feb 14, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Same way flesh feel emotion without any trace in the flesh.
seriously bro,is this the best explanation you can give

1 Like

Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Hermes019: 8:28pm On Feb 14, 2019
budaatum:

Well, I don't know much about the death bit since I haven't died yet, but in the living human being in which their is a "spirit, soul and body", as you say, I know which bit hurts when I bang a hammer on my thumb and it's not the same bit that hurts when I fail an exam or do something that makes buda burn in hell. You'd have to sin like buda has to fully understand. But now that I am living, I assure you I was dead and my spirit was burning, though, in my dead state, I did not have a clue.

Weirdo,go and see a doctor cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Abuventure: 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2019
The fire talked about in revelation isn't physical. So spiritual fire is for the spirit while physical fire is for physical.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Hermes019: 9:21pm On Feb 14, 2019
Abuventure:
The fire talked about in revelation isn't physical. So spiritual fire is for the spirit while physical fire is for physical.
How would a spirit feel pain,that is my question ?
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by budaatum: 10:47pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hermes019:

Weirdo,go and see a doctor cheesy
shocked shocked
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by correctguy101(m): 11:21pm On Feb 14, 2019
budaatum:

How dare you confuse me

Buda please come explain this message to this layman o'er here.

Na beg I dey beg o, biko
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by correctguy101(m): 11:30pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hermes019:

How would a spirit feel pain,that is my question ?

The Prof said,
Spiritual fire is for spirits just as physical fire is for the flesh
-:\

Well, it all goes to tell how much effort this loving God of my Jew loving Africans put in to ensure he monopolizes attention... Creating spiritual fire, lols

Wetin I even know sef, lemme just wait for another wise one jor..
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by MuttleyLaff: 11:50pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hermes019:
I have heard this a couple of times,you are asked to imagine how it feels when a fire burns your skin,and then you are told that it would feel the same way or even worse to be cast into the lake of fire(hell). I have a problem with this illustration. When we are burned by fire or any hot object we feel hurt because we have a nervous system, if we didn't have a nervous system or if our nervous systems were not functioning we can't feel pain,even if your whole body is completely burnt u wouldn't feel any pain.Of course this is something we can relate to when you are given an anaesthetic maybe during surgery and that body region becomes numb no matter the manner of injury you inflict to that portion the person wouldn't feel any pain. Suffice to say it is not the fire that is really responsible for the pain,what causes u to feel pain is the reaction of your body (the pain receptors, brain and motor receptors) to the stimulus(the fire).

Does the spirit (if it actually exists as claimed) possess a nervous system or a replica of some sort ?
Cc Ihedinobi3, originalkalokalo, Mutteylaff, rekinomtla, budaatum, Johnydon22,CAPSLOCKED, XxSabrinaxX, Frank317, Seun
"And you should not be afraid of those killing the body but not being able to kill the soul.
Indeed rather you should fear the One being able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.
"
- Matthew 10:28

I applaud how you are not thinking how everyone else thinks.

Few modifications, first the moniker ID is MuttleyLaff and not Mutteylaff, that your slip up gives you away as a non cartoon animation fan.
Second, it is the soul, and not the spirit, that is going to be destroyed, so do you now see that you've asked a non question?

2 Likes

Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by DeOTR: 12:48am On Feb 15, 2019
First, humans are not of body spirit and soul.
Genesis 2:7 ...'And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul'.
As you can see, man was not given a soul, he became a living soul through the breath of God (spirit. The Greek and Hebrew words translated as spirit simply means, air, or breath).
So what happens when we die (lose our breath)?
Genesis 3:19 ...' In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.'
As simple as that. We return to the same state we were.
As for the question of the OP, since the righteous dead will take on a new body at resurrection at the end of days, it's sensible that the damned will be destroyed in the lake of fire bodily.

False teachings of a spirit surviving after death is the cause of this confusion. When you die, you die. There's nothing like your spirit wandering the universe. That's a demonic teaching and it's not supported by the Bible. The Bible only said, the dead are sleeping.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Hermes019: 7:41am On Feb 15, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"And you should not be afraid of those killing the body but not being able to kill the soul.
Indeed rather you should fear the One being able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.
"
- Matthew 10:28

I applaud how you are not thinking how everyone else thinks.

Few modifications, first the moniker ID is MuttleyLaff and not Mutteylaff, that your slip up gives you away as a non cartoon animation fan.
Second, it is the soul, and not the spirit, that is going to be destroyed, so do you now see that you've asked a non question?
Finally metatron is here to enlighten us

What is the difference between the soul and the spirit ?
Let's start from there

P.s I do not like cartoons,but animated and non animated,whichever
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by Hermes019: 7:42am On Feb 15, 2019
DeOTR:
First, humans are not of body spirit and soul.
Genesis 2:7 ...'And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul'.
As you can see, man was not given a soul, he became a living soul through the breath of God (spirit. The Greek and Hebrew words translated as spirit simply means, air, or breath).
So what happens when we die (lose our breath)?
Genesis 3:19 ...' In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.'
As simple as that. We return to the same state we were.
As for the question of the OP, since the righteous dead will take on a new body at resurrection at the end of days, it's sensible that the damned will be destroyed in the lake of fire bodily.

False teachings of a spirit surviving after death is the cause of this confusion. When you die, you die. There's nothing like your spirit wandering the universe. That's a demonic teaching and it's not supported by the Bible. The Bible only said, the dead are sleeping.
Jehovah witness ?
Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by MuttleyLaff: 8:42am On Feb 15, 2019
Hermes019:
Finally metatron is here to enlighten us

What is the difference between the soul and the spirit ?
Let's start from there

P.s I do not like cartoons, but animated and non animated, whichever
Your soul is you.
Your soul is also the most important part of you worthy enough to be after by the devil and worthy enough for God to die for in place of you.

The spirit comes and goes back to God after death, it is your conduit that connects and/or tunes in with the Spirit which God is. The life of the soul is in the spirit, just as the life of body is in the blood. This simples should be enough for now

1 Like

Re: Why Would Hell Fire Hurt A Spirit by DeOTR: 9:22am On Feb 15, 2019
Hermes019:

Jehovah witness ?
No.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians should embrace the god of their ancestors and leave christianity/islam / Growth Of Churches/mosques via gsm data base and bulksms / The Story Of Bilal Or Bilaal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.