Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode (12731 Views)

Insurgency: Zulum Alleges Sabotage, Says Buhari Needs To Know The Truth / 2019 Presidency Election: Buhari Needs Mental Test – Atiku / Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by akinblog: 7:56pm On Feb 14, 2019
I watched as Buhari slurred through his broadcast just now and I felt nothing but pity for him.I asked myself "look at what the troubler of Nigeria has been reduced to?"He is a shadow of his former self and a pitiful sight.This man does not need a 2nd term: he needs a hospital.

https://all-gists..com/2019/02/buhari-needs-hospital-not-2nd-term-fani.html

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by Runaway: 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2019
First time first comment, good things to come this year. Like if Femi is making sense and share if he femi need the hospital himself....

155 Likes 78 Shares

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by ct2: 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2019
you are not God

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by Abdulhakeem78(m): 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2019
I took my precious time to read the parlance just delivered by Mr. President and I saw a vivid interest of the masses in the just delivered speech. Nairalanders!!! I don't need your likes and mentions, all I need from you is acute and accurate examination of where we are and where we are coming from. Please let's vote for a candidate that takes us to the glorious land.
May God bless our Nation!!!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by KunleyY19(m): 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2019
Ode Bring out your own Grandfather na...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by Tobicrystal(m): 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2019
Lol
Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
Lol

FFK. The slayer of the lifeless me cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by Campusparot: 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
Savage

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by Campusparot: 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
Check this out
Ambrose Alli University lied as regarding
sex for mark scandal

https://www.nairaland.com/5022443/aau-ASUU-chairman-sex-scandal
Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by theDukegold(m): 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
This one is loud

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by Memphitz537(m): 8:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
Along with a brain transplant too angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by wise0ne: 8:03pm On Feb 14, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
By Ikechukwu Amaechi

LESS than 48 hours from now, Nigerians will elect a new president. There is, understandably, both excitement and anxiety in the air. Whichever way the election goes, its outcome will be consequential.

I am as excited as I was four years ago. This time in 2015, I had concluded that President Goodluck Jonathan was not fit for purpose and supported the then candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, General Muhammadu Buhari.

Today, I have also concluded just as I did four years ago that President Buhari is not fit for purpose and I am determined to ensure that as Jonathan was sent back to Otuoke, he is sent back to Daura.

There are two groups of Nigerians opposed to Buhari’s re-election.

The first are those who ab-initio never saw anything good in him; never believed in his capacity and who perceived him as a dyed-in-the-wool dictator and irredeemable ethnic jingoist. Such people are not disappointed at the unravelling of the Buhari presidency and the sentiment is more of: “But we told you.”

The second are those who believed that Buhari was actually a democracy-convert as claimed, who had purged himself of unbridled nepotism and could actually provide the leadership Nigeria sorely needed, despite his antecedents. I belong to this group.

Economic policies

I had just left secondary school when Buhari shot himself to power on December 31, 1983. At the time his colleagues dislodged him from his high perch on August 27, 1985, I was in the higher institution.

So, I knew firsthand what he did in the 20 months he was in office as a maximum military ruler.

His regime’s warped economic policies, particularly the curb on imports led to job losses and business closures. I witnessed the disingenuous introduction of a new currency supposedly to tackle corruption and the consequence. Prices rose, living standards fell, and Nigerians were queuing up for essential commodities.

I witnessed the retroactive application of a law under Buhari’s watch leading to the public execution of three young Nigerians convicted of drug peddling, a crime that did not carry a death penalty at the time it was committed.

But I believed him when he said he was a changed person. I convinced myself that he would put together a formidable team and provide the disciplined leadership that was sorely lacking in the preceding administration.

At 72, I reasoned that Buhari must have purged himself of every vestige of ultra-ethnic agenda, having fully come of age.

How wrong I was.

Some Nigerians are of the view that in spite of everything, President Buhari will be re-elected. In arriving at this conclusion, they deploy illogical reasoning and hackneyed permutations, ignoring the fact that unlike in 2015, Saturday’s election is a referendum on the Buhari presidency. Try as hard as APC is doing to put Jonathan on the ballot, truth is, he is not and cannot be.

Besides, the conditions that made the 2015 Buhari victory a fait accompli have changed dramatically.

In 2015, Jonathan’s candidature united the North behind Buhari. The support from the South West became an icing on his victory cake.

But even at that, Buhari won the presidential election with only 2.57 million votes, scoring 15,424,921 votes (53.95 percent) of the 28,587,564 total valid votes cast against Jonathan’s 12,853,162 (44.96 percent).

In 2015, Buhari received 2.4 million South West votes, with a plurality of 600,000 over Jonathan. Even in Lagos, with all the noise and the fabled Bola Tinubu factor, APC prevailed with only 160,000 votes.

In 2015, Jonathan ran on his records and failed because Nigerians didn’t think much of the scorecard he presented and Buhari ran on promises, propaganda and lies.

Now, that paradigm has shifted. After four years in office, Buhari will run this election not on promises, innuendoes and propaganda but on the record of his achievements in office.

The simple but important question that will agitate the minds of discerning, albeit ordinary, Nigerians as they cast their ballot on Saturday is: Am I better off today than I was four years ago?

Buhari lost the South East and South-South zones in 2015 when the crocodiles were not smiling and pythons were not dancing.

Things have changed dramatically since then. Today, pythons are busy exhibiting new and fatal dance steps in the South East every year with dire consequences for beleaguered youths of the region.

When Buhari won the presidency in 2015, the Shiites were part of the 15,424,921 that made the victory possible. Before the election, Kaduna State governor, Nasir el-Rufai, led Buhari to visit the leader of the group, Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky, at his Kaduna lair to seek support. He was obliged.

A lot has happened since then. In 2015, the Zaria massacre occurred during which 348 Shiites (some accounts put the number at over 1000) were killed by Nigerian soldiers and buried in mass graves. The dead included three children of Zakzaky. Since then, he has been locked up together with his wife even when the courts have granted them bail.

In April 2018, clashes broke out as the Nigeria Police fired teargas at Shiites protesters who were demanding the release of Zakzaky. The clashes left many dead and several others injured. The police detained at least 115 of the protesters. In October 2018, Nigerian military again killed at least 45 peaceful Shiites protesters.

Today, el-Rufai, the President’s Man Friday has exacerbated the distrust between Christians of Southern Kaduna and Muslims in the state.

Benue, a stronghold of the PDP had no IDP camps before 2015. They voted for Buhari, elected an APC governor. Today, thousands of indigenes live in IDP camps in Makurdi, afraid to go to their ancestral homes that have been taken over and effectively occupied by armed herdsmen.

In 2015, the ubiquitous and very powerful college of retired generals that have determined how the political pendulum swung since the first military coup of January 15, 1966 were in Buhari’s column.

Today, many of them, including Olusegun Obasanjo, Ibrahim Babangida, Theophilus Danjuma, Aliyu Gusau, are not.

And some people say it does not matter. Really?

In 2015, the all-powerful Lagos-Ibadan wing of the human and civil rights community were behind Buhari. Today, some of them, including Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, have distanced themselves from him

In 2015, some of the country’s most prolific and powerful columnists were with Buhari. Today, the likes of Farooq Kperogi, Sonala Olumhense and Dele Momodu have openly rebelled against him.

In 2015, the international community, particularly the U.S. under President Barack Obama’s watch and Britain with David Cameron as Prime Minister, overtly supported Buhari. I doubt if those countries are still queuing behind him today.

In 2015, Buhari contested against Jonathan, a Southern minority Christian with no political base. Today, he is running against one of the most formidable politicians in this dispensation, a man with a solid political base, clout and deep pocket, a Fulani Moslem, from a region – North East – that last held power when Alhaji Tafawa Balewa from Bauchi State was the Prime Minister in the First Republic.

In 2015, APC went into the elections as a united, pragmatic and determined party hungry for power, eager to make a resounding political statement against a highly fractious, disorganised and disoriented PDP. Today, the reverse is the case. A strong, rejuvenated and virile PDP is going into Saturday’s election with a highly fractured, hemorrhaging APC where some governors are not in talking terms with the national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole.

In 2015, it was the PDP presidential campaign convoys that were stoned, booed and jeered. Today, it is the APC. On Monday, President Buhari nearly took a stone meant for Oshiomhole at a campaign rally in Abeokuta.

Yet, some people insist that Buhari still has his fabled 11 million votes locked up somewhere.

PDP has been able to dramatically reinvent itself and stage a remarkable comeback, APC cannot because of its inherent contradictions.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/02/the-odds-against-buhari-on-saturday/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by freemanbubble: 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2019
Okay
Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by maxjax(m): 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2019
no need....he cant be cured

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by 46O1CE: 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2019
This cocain addict is running his mouth again .
You will be jailed before this year runs out

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by AtikuMeansJobs: 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2019
Like our elders use to say that Unless and Until
an Aching Tooth is Clinically and Completely
Pluck out of the mouth, The mouth must eternally chew with bitterness . This itchy fingered party called APC must be pluck out of our PRETTY BODY) come this weekend.Is not all about buhari and his goans telling you how the other person is corrupt.
Nigerians use your head.
Check the people telling you others are corrupt and make decision yourself, don't let people decide what's glaring to you...
In everything to me Buhari as failed, from ministerial appointment and the rest.The APC see lagosians as maga who must pay they , with enourmorse resources they deliver mediocre projects and overhype it,then rig election,buy over opposition like pdp which refuse to hold them to account and put them on their toes, the resources available to them is too huge not to have turned lagos to mini duba, monthly allocation from FG, internaly generated revenue, borrowings, special allocation from vat proceed, money from development partners,

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by goshen26: 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2019
Mod that banned me for no reason I'm back oooo

FFK take it easy
Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by AtikuMeansJobs: 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2019
What can the failure buhari offer you except compound failure. The failure has already said last month, he will not change his pattern. Up Atiku Aguero Abubakar.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by Newznow: 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2019
Two men nab by police transiting 17 sacks containing thumb-printed ballots in Kano. Click here to Read more: https:///paHHhx-9P
Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by AtikuMeansJobs: 8:05pm On Feb 14, 2019
Remember the choice we make on February 16, will shapen alot about the Nigerian society for another Four years.
As we go to the polls, I admonish us to remember that the future of our Children and what history will say about the country depends on the decisions we make, our actions and inactions before, during and after the elections.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by opalu: 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
Lol
Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by AtikuMeansJobs: 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
N power and other social security schemes are not the cure to poverty and unemployment. At best, they are only managing your poverty.
Vote for Atiku so that your poverty can be cured.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by QTEST007(m): 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2019
KunleyY19:
Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by AtikuMeansJobs: 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
At times I just wonder what someone like president buhari needs 4 more years for,here is someone who spent 12years preparing for this job,always travelling outside the shores of the country and all he does is shake hands and snap pics,under this government the apparatus of state power has become instruments of oppression, war on corruption witch-hunting.No sound economic policy,no new project to his name.Our once robust economy has been plunged into recession, hunger,starvation, and the buhari administration has completely demarketed our nation,industries are collapsing in their numbers,local and foreign direct investment have shrunken with over 30m job losses in 3 years.I will like the nairaland bmc crew to explain to me why buhari needs 4 more years.Honestly,I think their is no hope for this country should buhari wins come February.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by QTEST007(m): 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
KunleyY19:

But his grandfather is not running for president

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by CYPRIANOSI: 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
don't worry Mr kayode ATIKU will take care of the hospital bills

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by amsonmart: 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
criticizing your priority ffk and you have nothing to offer

1 Like

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by omoteacher(m): 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Let's look at his message and not the messenger.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by Omeokachie: 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2019
Chei!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by Ayoefa: 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2019
CRACK HEAD FANI CRAZY.

NO MORE FREE MONEY FOR CRACK FOR FFK.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Needs A Hospital, Not 2nd Term - Fani Kayode by tetralogyfallot(m): 8:10pm On Feb 14, 2019
Werey leleyi o! If him be President he can get the presidential treatment of best hospital and doctors in the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Overview Of The Mining Sector Under President Buhari First Four Years / Aregbesola Visits Katsina, Assured The State Of Federal Government's Support / Catriona Laing: Uk Will Deny Visas To Nigerians Who Disrupt 2023 Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.