Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari (26075 Views)

Woman Went To Polling Unit With WOT, Mat Did This Time (photos) / Woman Brought Mat And Pillow To Polling Unit, Davido Reacts / Three Men Arrested For Carrying Charms To Polling Unit In Osun. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by Officialpdpnig: 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2019
Abubakar Shettima, a resident of Duala in Dogon Dutse, Jos North local government area of Plateau state has relocated to his polling unit at Dogon Agogo where he is already queuing up ahead of Saturday’s Presidential election.

Shettima, aged 59, said he wants to be the first person to cast his vote for the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Muhammadu Buhari, as a payback for his freedom after he was falsely accused of being a member of Boko Haram in 2015.

Having left his home on Wednesday morning, Shettima said he has already spent a night at his polling unit and would spend the next 48hours at the same spot to exercise his franchise.

Abubakar Shettima’s name is number 119 on the voters register.
“I have already sent my wife to Borno state, this morning (Thursday) to exercise her franchise while I have three children who are of age to vote.

“Two of them are in Jos and would vote for Buhari on Saturday while the other is married in Maiduguri so it would be up to her husband,” he said.

Sitting on his praying mat spread across the elevated platform of a resident where the names and pictures of eligible voters have been pasted, Shettima holds tight his holy Qur’an while his PVC is tucked in his pocket.

The indigene of Borno state recalled how himself and hundreds of others were unjustly arrested as suspected Boko Haram members in 2015 and made to go through very harsh conditions before they were later profiled and released after investigations revealed they were innocent.

“I was at the Bauchi motor park in Jos when they arrested me and other people, they moved us to Bauchi, then Yobe and Borno states where we were crammed in cells and ignored for months.

“But when President Buhari came to power, he visited the cells and seeing our conditions, instructed that we should be separated into 200 persons per cell and investigation into our arrest be carried out.”

He said the investigations revealed their innocence adding that they were later released with an apology.

“Before we were asked to go, the Governor of Borno state, Kashim Shettima invited us and apologized on behalf of the government. We were each given N10, 000 and a brocade to return home.

The Jos resident, Abubakar Shettima, at his polling unit in Plateau state.
The Jos resident, Abubakar Shettima, at his polling unit in Plateau state.
“They told us that it was routine to make such arrests but that after investigations, those found to be innocent would eventually be released.”

“So this is payback,” he said. “If not for President Buhari, we would probably not have been released. I am committed to him; I have prayed about it and by Allah’s grace he would continue as the president of this country because the masses are solidly behind him. We know that his policies are targeted at ensuring a better life for us,” he said

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/jos-resident-relocates-to-polling-unit-for-president-buhari.html

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by Emmafe(m): 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
Sowore2019

Check my siggy if you need iPhone xr

1 Like

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by muykem: 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2019
See true love everywhere.

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by AtikuMeansJobs: 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
Buhari has seen the signs of his serial loss on Saturday's elections so , he's done 2 broadcasts in just one week. The questions that came to mind a few minutes ago while he was broadcasting on his achievements and begging for more votes were...
1) How many times has the same Buhari broadcast on the state of the nation in the last 3 years?
2) How many times had he broadcast and addressed Nigerians on the economic situation of Nigeria in the last 3 years?
3) How many times had he addressed Nigerians in the serial killings if fulani herdsmen in the last 3 years?
4)How many times had he pleaded with us that he was sorry for his failed policies?
5) Were those projects executed actually his projects or he simply completed Jonathan's projects?
6) Are votes more important to him than human lives wasting everyday? Governor shetimma escaped boko haram attack yesterday during scores of civilians died... which brings into a question of he's truly fighting
His desperation wouldn't save him from loss this Saturday. Mumu don do.

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by NothingDoMe: 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
When Buhari supporters try to copy ATiku supporters cheesy

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by Officialpdpnig: 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2019
Diehard supporters of baba have begun showing him their mad love. Tomorrow PDP will shout rigging grin

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by Charmingrascal(m): 8:11pm On Feb 14, 2019
The love for Buhari is real.

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by Officialpdpnig: 8:11pm On Feb 14, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Trying to copy ATiku supporters cheesy

Where are the supporters? Those online pontificating up and down when the mai tea and keke riders and okada riders and maiguards have actively relocated back home to cast their vote for baba. grin

Saturday will finally bury PDP and every other person connected to the useless party

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by NothingDoMe: 8:19pm On Feb 14, 2019
Officialpdpnig:

Where are the supporters? Those online pontificating up and down when the mai tea and keke riders and okada riders and maiguards have actively relocated back home to cast their vote for baba. grin

Saturday will finally bury PDP and every other person connected to the useless party
Lol. APC has been playing opposition since 2015. I think it's best Nigerians retire them in that position. cheesy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by stephleena(f): 8:37pm On Feb 14, 2019
Live there if u wish Baba...but one thing is sure,U and Buhari must return to Daura

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by jakandeola(m): 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2019
stephleena:
Live there if u wish Baba...but one thing is sure,U and Buhari must return to Daura
how can u vote out baba when u are throw in a lagoon

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by olawalepopoola: 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2019
Officialpdpnig:

I am in Ondo State presently. I had a chat with a bike man that carried me this morning about who he thinks will win the election. He said in Yoruba language " Ti o ba je ti ibo president ti ni oo Buhari ti wole sugbon 2nd term Governor wa ko sure. Gbogbo awon ti PDP gbe ko le wole lagbegbe yi"
I laughed with the man, kept quiet on who I am supporting.
The truth is that APC campaigns more to the Mekunus than the online fighters. In the Southwest here, they are embarking on door to door campaign. PDP are only campaigning online.
How many Almajiris de online. How many agberos, Keke napepe, bike men, market women de online. Most eligible voters with PVC are not online. They are common people.

83 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by czarina(f): 9:30pm On Feb 14, 2019
olawalepopoola:

I am in Ondo State presently. I had a chat with a bike man that carried me this morning about who he thinks will win the election. He said in Yoruba language " Ti o ba je ti ibo president ti ni oo Buhari ti wole sugbon 2nd term Governor wa ko sure. Gbogbo awon ti PDP gbe ko le wole lagbegbe yi"
The truth is that APC campaigns more to the Mekunus than the online fighters. In the Southwest here, they are embarking on door to door campaign. PDP are only campaigning online.
How many Almajiris de online. How many agberos, Keke napepe, bike men, market women de online. Most eligible voters with PVC are not online. They are common people.
Write the things he said in English! Nairaland no be Yorubaland. undecided

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by NothingDoMe: 9:47pm On Feb 14, 2019
olawalepopoola:

How do you know the PDP is campaigning only online. Because of what you witnessed in your locality in Ondo?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by freemanbubble: 10:17pm On Feb 14, 2019
Okay
Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 14, 2019
Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:19pm On Feb 14, 2019
Propagandists

No plateau resident is voting for Apc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by Bsingle(m): 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2019
jakandeola:
how can u vote out baba when u are throw in a lagoon

are you a jambite ??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by alfaman3: 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2019
See the kind of support the sick old thing is gathering. Suspected terrorists.

6 Likes

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by jakandeola(m): 10:22pm On Feb 14, 2019
Bsingle:

are you a jambite ??
ask. ur fat ass

2 Likes

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by jconsulting(f): 10:22pm On Feb 14, 2019
Anybody that thinks Buhari will better their lives will be sorry by June when you buy a litre of fuel at N250 and dollar exchange for N500, then you will know your next level, Buhari will be selling our asset to China and Morocco to manage the economy......
is like Nigerians dont know that the western world are watching us to make this mistake, Buhari does not have a single friend in the west or developed nations that can invest in Nigeria
A vote for APC is a vote for no future

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by jeroba1(m): 10:23pm On Feb 14, 2019
just now in Kano police arrest a car carrying 17 sacks of voting paper that has been thumb printed by apc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by B1ak3: 10:23pm On Feb 14, 2019
Officialpdpnig:

Funny but true cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by Oritsewhandey(m): 10:23pm On Feb 14, 2019
[quote author=Charmingrascal post=75735635]The love for Buhari is real. [/quote
Buhari is an Islamist. We don't need him again. Olodo president.
Aiye APC tita

2 Likes

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by LUGBE: 10:23pm On Feb 14, 2019
cheesy, opposite tongue
Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by diadem10: 10:24pm On Feb 14, 2019
Atikulooter owns the largest herds of cattles in the North and employs herdsmen to patrols them around. No wonder he had often blamed the farmers of erasing old grazing route. I won't be surprised if he's the one paying these herdsmen millitants to carry out their attacks to disrupt Buhari administration while knowing that Buhari would be sympathetic to his kinsmen.

Despite Buhari administration earning 60% less yet he's come up with plenty projects such as

Our railways at itakpewarri, Lagos-ibadan, kaduna-abuja etc,

The production of low cost fertilizers,

Zik maoseleum

Baro inland port,

Rice mills,

Foreign reserve increase from #26b to #43b,

Construction of our express highways such as enuguonitsha, Lagos-ibadan etc.

Social policy schemes such as tradermoni, npower etc

And most especially, stabilizing us through this recession which happened because jonathan failed to save despite earning 60% more than Buhari coupled with the fall in the price of crude oil from #110 per barrel in 5 years under Jonathan to a paltry #50 per barrel under Buhari administration yet Buhari was able to keep us afloat while having many projects to his name thereby surprising Ngozi Iweala and Charles Soludo who predicted recession because jonathan failed to save during the time of plentiful.

Sai Baba. PDP, Neva again

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by Bsingle(m): 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2019
jakandeola:
ask. ur fat ass
or thin ass ?? don't kill yourself on a person who doesn't care about your fu*king existence!!

2 Likes

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by MYHUBBY: 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2019
czarina:
Write the things he said in English! Nairaland no be Yorubaland. undecided

imagine this mgbeke. what right do you think you've to be telling someone how to write?

you this small girl wey dey open legs anyhow believe you're one god here. nonsense

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by Ayoefa: 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2019
I'm driving to my hometown to vote for Buhari tomorrow. Myself and my family are all ready for the NEXT LEVEL.

Lagos State is for Buhari no doubt.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by Thomath(m): 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2019
Sell your Giftcards here

http:///2348129066464

TRUSTED AND SWIFT !
Re: Jos Resident Relocates To Polling Unit For President Buhari by Chekwube1989(m): 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2019
Yea

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Confirms Receipt Of Court Order To Release Sowore / 100 Thugs Invade NLC Office In Kaduna / Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.