Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:26 PM

Why AAU Vice Chancellor Is After Me – Suspended ASUU Chairman - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why AAU Vice Chancellor Is After Me – Suspended ASUU Chairman (381 Views)

Suspended ASUU Chair Opens Can Of Worms / The Look ASUU Chairman Gave Chris Ngige After Reaching Agreement / LASU Sacks ASUU Chairman, Vice Chairman And 15 Other Lecturers For Malpractices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why AAU Vice Chancellor Is After Me – Suspended ASUU Chairman by collinometricx: 11:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
Prof. Monday Igbafen, the suspended Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) Ambrose Ali University Ekpoma branch, on Thursday said that his alleged suspension is persecution from the institution’s Vice Chancellor, over his uncompromising stance on certain issues.

He said this Thursday while reacting to his alleged suspension.

Recall that Igbafen was suspended by the authority of AAU on Wednesday, over alleged gross misconduct bordering on sexual harassment and threats of sex for marks, an allegation he vehemently denied.

But, speaking with journalists in Benin, Igbafen accused the AAU Vice Chancellor, Prof. Ignatius Onimawo, of financial impunity and has not been able to account for about N5.5 billion he received from TETFUND and NEEDS assessment intervention fund.

He also accused the VC of elevating his wife from the position of a typist to Lecturer l.We (ASUU) challenged him to be open and transparent. You cannot move your wife from nowhere and make her a lecturer I without a PhD and academic masters degree. We have been on the matter and he has made attempts to compromise me as the chairman of the union and I refused.

“That led to his desperation that to insist that I should never be chairman of ASUU for a second time.

“All monies coming in must be judiciously used. The main source of fund in the University is the TETFUND and NEEDS assessment intervention fund. These funds are all products of ASUU struggle.

“The University has collected more than N5.5 billion for the past five years. From the TETFUND, he has received more than N3.4 billion, while that from NEEDS Assessment is more than N1.2 billion. The Union is demanding for how he has utilised these funds. Is it a sin to demand for how he has utilised our funds?” He queried.

When contacted, the Deputy Registrar, Information/Public Relations Officer of AAU, Mr. Edward Aihevba, asked Igbafen to face the allegation against him and eave the VC alone.

“Prof. Igbafen should face the matter before him, and the matter before him is that he is faced with allegation of sexual harassment and threat of sex for marks, he should face it and not remove attention from it with all these frivolous allegations.

“Igbafen in 2011 was accused of sexual harassment, there was an investigation panel and he was indicted and this administration did not know anything about it until its att
Re: Why AAU Vice Chancellor Is After Me – Suspended ASUU Chairman by Nobody: 12:37am On Feb 15, 2019
collinometricx:
Prof. Monday Igbafen, the suspended Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) Ambrose Ali University Ekpoma branch, on Thursday said that his alleged suspension is persecution from the institution’s Vice Chancellor, over his uncompromising stance on certain issues.

He said this Thursday while reacting to his alleged suspension.

Recall that Igbafen was suspended by the authority of AAU on Wednesday, over alleged gross misconduct bordering on sexual harassment and threats of sex for marks, an allegation he vehemently denied.

But, speaking with journalists in Benin, Igbafen accused the AAU Vice Chancellor, Prof. Ignatius Onimawo, of financial impunity and has not been able to account for about N5.5 billion he received from TETFUND and NEEDS assessment intervention fund.

He also accused the VC of elevating his wife from the position of a typist to Lecturer l.We (ASUU) challenged him to be open and transparent. You cannot move your wife from nowhere and make her a lecturer I without a PhD and academic masters degree. We have been on the matter and he has made attempts to compromise me as the chairman of the union and I refused.

“That led to his desperation that to insist that I should never be chairman of ASUU for a second time.

“All monies coming in must be judiciously used. The main source of fund in the University is the TETFUND and NEEDS assessment intervention fund. These funds are all products of ASUU struggle.

“The University has collected more than N5.5 billion for the past five years. From the TETFUND, he has received more than N3.4 billion, while that from NEEDS Assessment is more than N1.2 billion. The Union is demanding for how he has utilised these funds. Is it a sin to demand for how he has utilised our funds?” He queried.

When contacted, the Deputy Registrar, Information/Public Relations Officer of AAU, Mr. Edward Aihevba, asked Igbafen to face the allegation against him and eave the VC alone.

“Prof. Igbafen should face the matter before him, and the matter before him is that he is faced with allegation of sexual harassment and threat of sex for marks, he should face it and not remove attention from it with all these frivolous allegations.

“Igbafen in 2011 was accused of sexual harassment, there was an investigation panel and he was indicted and this administration did not know anything about it until its att
These are serious allegations. If it is true that the vc elevated his wife from typist to lecturer one without following due process, that vc should be removed immediately.

(1) (Reply)

5 Easy Approaches You Can Turn Writing Into Success / Cloths / Admission News And Post Jamb Forms For Universities 16/04/19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.