|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,622,579 members, 6,113,046 topics. Date: Friday, 22 January 2021 at 01:35 PM
UNIBEN Suspends Three Students Over Protest — CAMPUS GIST / Professor AAA Atayero And Olga Atayero, His Wife Vacation Pictures / Lagos Set To Pay Bursary And Scholarship To Beneficiaries: Payment Timetable (2) (3) (4)
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 2:53pm On Apr 09, 2019|
Welcome to Career Explorers in Nigeria and diaspora (CEND Consulting services)
We believe career is life, life is once, it is therefore worth enjoying.
Study, work, travel, tour, worship, keep working and keep exploring.... It begins with you.
For more information, visit our website www.careerexplorers.com.ng
Email : Info@careerexplorers.com.ng
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by kenlo22: 3:31pm On Apr 09, 2019|
What about PhD research can you process the admission
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 6:09pm On Apr 09, 2019|
Yes, our team is capable
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2019|
Best time to apply into foreign universities
Most holidays abroad spans between June and August, popularly known as summer holiday.
Immediately after summer, we have fall. The best time to shoot your shot to schools in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and most schools in Europe such as Germany, Norway, Sweden etc is September. Invariably, most standard universities have their deadlines for December.
Therefore September-December happens to be the safest period.
Benefit of this peak period
1. 89% of scholarship are given to early applicants.
2. Jobs opportunities e.g teaching assistance, research asistance or graduate assistance.
3. Supervisors are targeted easily
How do you prepare for this peak period.
1. From January, start preparing for GRE, GMAT, TOEFL and IELTS if your school requires it.
2. Apply for your transcripts.
3. Make sure international passport is ready and not expiring soon.
4. Try publish research paper.
5. Work & save
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 7:19am On Apr 11, 2019|
I know someone with even lower degree in Bsc than you. What did he do? He studied well for the GRE exam and got an excellent score (minus 8 point of the total score on the GRE exam). He is doing excellent well in the Msc program ( rounding up in weeks time) with a perfect CGPA.
Nothing is impossible!!!!
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 10:14am On Apr 15, 2019|
Did you know: You will need to evaluate your HND results to international standard /equivalence before HND result becomes meaningful for Masters abroad. Check www.wes.org
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 11:17am On Apr 15, 2019|
Ever dreamt about Canada
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by Xtymaiden: 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2019|
Good day ,please I want to apply to a school in London precisely, I studied geology first degree and I want to study either environmental geology or renewable energy.
Please guide me
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 8:05am On Apr 16, 2019|
Thank you for reaching out to us... We hope to hear from you in London by September. Cheers
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 8:23am On Apr 16, 2019|
Just your Bachelors degree and/or transcript + international passport + £40 Application fees.. Here you go
Offer valid till Easter Monday
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 6:11pm On Apr 17, 2019|
List of US Universities without GRE score Requirement
1. University of Dayton - GRE is optional for all engineering programs
2. Stevens Institute of Technology
3. New Mexico state University for Masters in Computer Science
4. University of Nebraska-Lincoln
5. University of Pittsburg - GRE score not required for Materials Science and Engineering
6. University of Northern Virginia in Manassas, VA
7. Purdue University West Lafayette, Indiana
8. MIT-massachusetts institute of technology - Electrical Engineering and computer science do not require GRE scores
9. California State University Sacramento - don't require GRE for Civil Engineering
10. University of Bridgeport, Connecticut - Master's of Science in Computer Science (M.S.), Computer Engineering (M.S.), Electrical Engineering (M.S.), Mechanical Engineering (M.S.), and Technology Management (M.S.) - GRE is recommended but not required
11. Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma - OCU does not require the GRE or GMAT examinations for entrance into the graduate programs, except for the MBA and MSA programs, which require the GMAT
12. Farleigh Dickinson University(NJ)
13. Monmouth University(NJ)
14. Montclair State University(NJ)
15. The Richard Stockton College of NJ(NJ)
16. Rowan University(NJ)
17. Wichita State University
18. Kansas State University
19. Virginia State University
20. Florida International University for MS,PhD in Computer Science
21. Villanova University for MS in EE
22. University of Idaho for MS in Environmental science and Computer Engineering
23. West Texas A&M University
24. University of Florida for Arts Education
25. George Mason Univ (for Masters in Health Information Systems)
26. Rivier University
27. Colorado Technical University
28. California State University, Sacremento
Feel free to make further enquiries at zero cost
Education, Tour, Permanent residency, job opportunities in
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2019|
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 11:13am On Apr 24, 2019|
�China is the world second largest economy as at today. Fully Funded Masters and PhD scholarhsip with monthly stipend�
�Tution Fees: Free
�Hostel Fees: Free
〽️With Monthly stipend: Masters 1500 RMB, PhD: 2000 RMB
�Teaching Language: Chinese
�List of majors for MS degree
Safety System Engineering
Safety and Emergency Management
Occupational Safety and Health
Control Theory and Control Engineering
Pattern Recognition and Intelligent Systems
Power System and its Automation
Mechanical Design and Theory
Mechanical Manufacture and Automation
Measuring and Testing Technologies
Machine Design Theory and Method
Technical Economics and Management
Computer Applications Technology
Computer Software and Theory
Bridge and Tunnel Engineering
Signal and Information Processing
Communication and Information System
Circuits and Systems
Electromagnetic & Microwave Technology
Materials Processing Engineering
�List of majors for PhD degree
Safety System Engineering
Occupational Safety and Health
Safety Science and Engineering
Mine Mechatronics Engineering
Mechanical Design and Theory
Mechanical Manufacture and Automation
Mine Disaster Mechanics
Safety and Emergency Management
Mineral Processing Engineering
Mining Information Engineering
Bridge and Tunnel Engineering
Materials for Mechanical Engineering
3. Notarized Transcript.
4. Notarized Degree.
5. Medical Form.
6. Police Clearance certificate.
7. Research proposal
Contact the underlisted line
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 8:02am On Apr 29, 2019|
Study Economics in Germany with zero school fees: Application deadline
Application period: 1 March - 30 April for entry into the programme in the following winter semester. For details, please see:
To apply for other disciplines /departments, contact us and we make your studgabroad dreams a reality
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 9:35am On May 09, 2019|
Welcome to Career explorers.
Let us help you secure your admission home and abroad.
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 3:21pm On May 10, 2019|
Unilag admission for postgraduate applicants 2019/2020 academic session
Lets apply for you.
Get a free past question in return
We are @Faculty of Education, University of Lagos, Akoka,
Call or whatsapp:+2349091278548
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 8:19am On May 15, 2019|
Apply to one of the cheapest universities in Europe (Zero tuition)
Country: Germany, Norway and Austria
Admission requirements : O level, Bachelors certificate/Transcript, TOEFL score of 70.
Application deadline: June 30th, 2019
Application fee: 30,000
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 7:08am On Jun 18, 2019|
I often tell people who think their friend who got admission and scholarship abroad are superlative.
The truth is that, you can also be gainfully admitted to any country of your choice with part or full scholarship + job opportunities.
This is the best time to shoot your shot.
We help people whenever they are confused in applying.
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 6:01pm On Aug 24, 2019|
5 things that may soon change in the immigration/travel abroad trend
1. Free tuition schools like Germany, Norway and Austria will re-introduce school fees especially for international students. We have started noticing these in Finland and Sweden and will soon extend to other countries.
2. CANADA permanent immigration; Express Entry(FSW and PNP) may not last another 2 years.
3. Nigerians without a full scholarship and travel experience will be outrightly denied a US visa.
4. BREXIT is set to have effect on UK visa and studentship.
5. China is going to welcome more international students on full scholarship in the next 5 years.
Stay tuned and make a swift decision.
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 6:28am On Sep 03, 2019|
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2019|
2020 Fully Funded Commonwealth MSc Scholarships at a UK university
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are for candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
Science and technology for development
Strengthening health systems and capacity
Promoting global prosperity
Strengthening global peace, security and governance
Strengthening resilience and response to crises
Access, inclusion and opportunity
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020
By September 2020, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
Each scholarship provides:
Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before your award is confirmed)
Approved tuition fees Stipend (living allowance) at the rate o £1,110 per month, or £1,362 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2019-2020 levels)
Warm clothing allowance, where applicable Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £476 per month for the first child, and £117 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK (rates quoted at 2019-2020 levels)
Eligible Commonwealth countries include Nigeria
Each year, the CSC invites selected nominating bodies to submit a specific number of nominations. The deadline for nominating bodies to submit nominations to the CSC is 18 December 2019
The CSC invites around three times more nominations than scholarships available – therefore, nominated candidates are not guaranteed to be awarded a scholarship. There are no quotas for scholarships for any individual country. Candidates nominated by national nominating agencies are in competition with those nominated by other nominating bodies, and the same standards will be applied to applications made through either channel.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
Academic merit of the candidate
Quality of the plan of study
Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
How to Apply
You must apply to one of the following nominating bodies in the first instance – the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships:
National nominating agencies – this is the main route of application
Selected non-governmental organisations and charitable bodies
You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your nominating body. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
All applications must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 30 October 2019 at the latest.
For More Information: Visit http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/masters-scholarships/
For Phd: Visit here- https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/je4otvtpus/form_login.html
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 8:07am On Sep 19, 2019|
IELTS Made easy
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 9:38am On Sep 21, 2019|
Deadlines for most German schools....Requirements: Transcripts and English Proficiency.
School fee is free
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2019|
Where will you be this December?
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2019|
10 Countries abroad with schools whose tuition is less than 1m
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 8:03am On Oct 06, 2019|
Chevening scholarship tips
The Chevening application process will serve as a reference. However, these nuggets are practical and applicable to other international scholarships.
1. Understand the objective of the scholarship organization: It is important to understand the essence of the establishment of the scholarship award. This will help you understand the values, beliefs, and virtues that characterize an ideal applicant and quickly evaluate if you qualify or not. It also helps you understand if it aligns with your career and academic interests.
For example, Chevening is heavily focused on leadership. It seeks those with strong leadership potential, who are well-positioned to be in a place of influence shortly after their education in the UK. Commonwealth is focused on the development priorities of the home countries. Erasmus Mundus is interested in promoting European education to the best international talents.
2. Read the scholarship website thoroughly: This means reading every page, FAQ, links, videos and other resources found on the website. It is necessary to note important information such as the application procedure, scholarship deadline, terms and conditions, eligible courses, references required etc. You should approach this with all seriousness as it is an important process in getting Chevening or any other scholarship.
3. Follow the instructions: It is very basic yet largely ignored. The Chevening (and other scholarship) website and application portal are designed in an explicit way; ensuring that all applicants can submit their applications with ease. Please follow the instructions and don’t make assumptions. You may revisit the FAQ if needed or contact the organization via the Helpdesk provided in the website or portal if you experience any technical issue.
4. Meeting the basic application requirement ONLY is not a good enough reason to apply: Many people are looking for any and every kind of scholarship. Some are applying because they are very desperate to relocate abroad and see scholarships as a medium to achieve this goal. The majority submit applications because they have passed the eligibility criteria. This is a major reason for multiple rejections. You must do some soul searching.
You should ask yourself: “Does the award truly align with my plans?”, “Am I applying because I am seeking an escape route from my country?”, “Given the level of competition, how strong is my candidacy?”, and other introspective questions. It is not a bad idea to read about the scholarship and plan to apply the following year - giving you enough time to adequately prepare and improve your profile before the next application rounds.
5. Don’t disqualify yourself: This might seem contrary to point 4 above. It may seem natural to be fearful and rule yourself out because of the volume of sheer competition for fully-funded scholarships. Submitting your application is the first step to being considered for an award. Don’t allow your fear to dominate you – put in your application! Many people have received awards, grants and scholarships they didn’t imagine could be theirs. Simply put, they became recipients because they put forward a great application.
6. Take every aspect of the scholarship seriously: Some candidates focus heavily on the essays and overlook or underrate other aspects of the application such as personal details, work experience and other questions. Doing so can be likened to going to a store with a shopping list and forgetting one’s wallet at home. Pay attention to every aspect of the application and ensure that all the information provided are accurate. This also applies to the interviews process.
7. Where you have multiple interests, select the path that makes you shine best: An example is best suitable to explain this point. An applicant has a degree in Botany and interests in Botany and Social Work. His four years of professional experience is related to Social Work. He intends to continue in the field of Social Work post-program but has plans to take up a science role in the future.
From the above scenario, applying for a master’s degree in Social Work increases his chances of securing the scholarship than the Botany route. Why? His story using his social work-related experience will be stronger than speaking about an interest that he hasn’t got proven experience in. Regarding his scientific interest, he should select a school that offers optional modules related to this field. This also explains why it’s important to pay attention to the ‘Course Selection’ questions and provide persuasive answers rather generic responses such as good ranking, excellent facilities, amazing staffs etc.
8. Be ready to put in the work: Many people desire to secure a scholarship but are not ready to put in the work. They are too lazy to read up about the scholarship, submit a well-written essay and complete the other mandatory requirements. Beware of consultants that promise to write your essay for you. They may rub you of your dream and future.
The Chevening essay questions have been crafted in a way that only critical thinkers can provide a compelling response. , means that the system has a natural process of filtering out ‘featherweight’ applicants who haven’t comprehensively answered the questions.
9. Your essays should be simple, direct and compelling: In your bid to impress the evaluators, don’t focus on using flowery language and verbose words to prove your eloquence. Instead, use simple and correct English to communicate your thoughts while answering the questions. Present technical, field related terminologies in a simplified format. Use the STAR technique to answer the questions, focused largely on your contribution rather than that of the team. Create an outline, structure your paragraphs and follow other good essay writing tips.
10. Put your best foot forward: This means that your essay response should contain strong examples – high impact and strong contribution (where it involves teamwork). To effectively do this, you need to reflect on your past professional, academic, voluntary accomplishments. Examine each one, eliminate and assign appropriately to the different essay questions.
11. Get an expert to review your essays: Don’t be in a haste to submit without having anyone review your work. On the other hand, getting many people to examine your essays can also be counterproductive as it may lead to confusion due to conflicting perspectives. You can connect with educational consulting firms like MyFirstJobNG and other credible companies that provide services that ensure your submission is top-notch. Remember, “whatever is worth at all, is worth doing well.”
12. Submit before the deadline: It is of no value if you write the best essays and do not submit your application. Keep track of the deadline and avoid last-minute submission. Do your best to submit at most 10 days to the submission deadline. Don’t be in haste to submit since applicants’ essays will only be reviewed after the close of the application. Only endeavor to submit as soon as possible if is a “rolling basis” admission/scholarship. However, this is quite rare with fully funded programs.
13. Have support systems: These days, most scholarships have WhatsApp and other social media groups created by intending applicants. Please do make your findings and join this online community. You will find it extremely helpful and encouraging knowing that you’re not alone in the journey. You may also find support in friends, families, mentors, and colleagues. Please don’t work in isolation.
14. Pray, have faith and keep hope: Praying for God’s favour is important in this process. The timeline is up to a year, so you need to have faith that you will make it through till the end. You must keep hope too.
15. Be open to rejection and keep true to your dreams: After doing all of these, it is still possible that you may not be successful. Be receptive to it. Take it in good fate and explore other options. Evaluate what you did and didn’t do correct and try again if it still fits your career interests.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in these posts are mine and do not reflect that of Chevening, Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), other scholarships, postgraduate schools, and their partner organizations mentioned in this piece. Also, it is forbidden to copy, publish, modify, or reproduce either wholly or in part the content of this story without prior written authorization.
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 7:13am On Oct 08, 2019|
The only reliable scholarship in Germany
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 10:10pm On Oct 13, 2019|
Yes, after career explorers, here is tour explorers....
What's your vacation plan for december ?
|Re: Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist by smileforme15: 10:57am On Oct 14, 2019|
With your application fees, you are good to go
#careerexplorers #cendconsulting #cendtravels #admission #scholarship
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195